Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:52 AM

What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (10114 Views)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Look-Alike (Picture) / Chief Femi Fani-Kayode Thinks Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is "The Problem" / An Open Letter To Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by OAM4J: 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2011
BABE!:

I'm not a Nigerian so---it's really non of my business. I'm just saying you Nigerians need people like OSAMA (but with a heart) to lead you.

Who do I have in mind? Absolutely no one.

Are you sure you dont have me in mind? grin

@Topic

I have no problem with Okonjo, I have said it many times on this forum, that she is currently my best choice from the East of the Niger. In fact I wish GEJ can handover power to her right now or let her run the government while he remains the ceremonial president.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by tunshe: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
@OP,I expected you to know better!!! angry angry angryHow on earth?Nigerian PRESIDENT-Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala? shocked

Need I say more? lipsrsealed
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2011
OAM4J. I am not surprised u would think in that direction honestly. U always were the progressive one of all the moderators on this site.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by BABE3: 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

I rest my case. True Nigerians hear a rally call that is genuine becos for too many years we have together suffered the negligence of bad leadership. Many have not lived to tell the tale. We the survivors  have a duty to make wise decision on whom we place the mantle of leadership in 2015, for the sake of future generation yet unborn, so they don't suffer the ills we had to endure. I believe that Nigerians with the right guidance will respond to that beacon of hope and endurance of character demonstrated by Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for our success as a nation.   

LOL-- Siddon there dey blow grammar o. That's how she too will be blowing grammar(while Boko Haram overtakes the country).  grin

Here is the deal; Madam Ngozi is not the answer to Nigeria's cry for help, (neither is fashola).  grin We are the answer (the citizens). But, ALAS, we're not even ready to give the answer; we are not ready for a change. We're satisfied with mediocrity. Until we're ready for a change--change ain't gonna come.

When we're finally ready, then we can start talking of LEADERS. Trust me, Nigeria doesn't need a Nigerian to lead her at the rate at which she's going. These yeye "leaders" all have STRONG alliances with someone, a party, a group; and we all know what that means. They are thieves and complete id[i]io[/i]ts. We need a Non- Nigerian: HITLER with a heart. grin

Bliss4lyfe get real abeg. You need to be more practical.

PS: I was joking about not being Nigerian.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by BABE3: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
OAM4J:

Are you sure you dont have me in mind?  grin

@Topic

I have no problem with Okonjo, I have said it many times on this forum, that she is currently my best choice from the East of the Niger. In fact I wish GEJ can handover power to her right now or let her run the government while he remains the ceremonial president.

I hope you know that being a president is not solely about the ability to accumulate 20 wives in 6 months--  grin

You too you want madam Iweala?  grin- Ala ti o le se niyen. Dream that can never (and I hope will not) come true.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by exx(m): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2011
[size=15pt]wetin sef, abeg bliss4lyfe i support, okonji 4 president, lets start campaining grin grin grin cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by blank(f): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2011
My question still stands.

Is she the dictator Tunde Bakare prophesied about?

If i were her, i would be very good friends with Nemadi Sambo, maybe he will make her vice president in 2015. grin
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by jaybee3(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
BABE!:

Here is the deal; Madam Ngozi is not the answer to Nigeria's cry for help, (neither is fashola).  grin We are the answer (the citizens). But, ALAS, we're not even ready to give the answer; we are not ready for a change. We're satisfied with mediocrity. Until we're ready for a change--change ain't gonna come.

Wa gbayi baje
gbosas^100
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by NSNA: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2011
I will vote for her
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by OAM4J: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2011
BABE!:

I hope you know that being a president is not solely about the ability to accumulate 20 wives in 6 months--  grin

You too you want madam Iweala?  grin- Ala ti o le se niyen. Dream that can never (and I hope will not) come true.

Dont worry, if I become the president you will remain the 1st lady, and I wont marry more wives  grin

But seriously, Okonjo Iweala is not about speaking grammar, she is one intelligent woman I know. And my dear it is not rice and beans or godfatherism to get to the level she is now especially in world dominated and controlled by men. Also if you know about her activities while she was Finance Minister under a tough obj, you will know that she is not someone that can be pushed over by some unintelligent boko haram men. Think about it, how many ministers negotiated their terms of engagement before accepting to work with GEJ?

I agree with you that the problem is with us Nigerians and that is why it might be difficult for someone like her to be president. Nigerians are not ready for a change or many are just to dumb or brainwashed not to recognize the need for a change or the change we need. When Nigerians are ready, they will only vote for the likes of Iweala, Fashola, Ameachi, Chime and may be El Rufai, people with track records of achievements and passion to serve.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by OAM4J: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

OAM4J. I am not surprised u would think in that direction honestly. U always were the progressive one of all the moderators on this site.  

Hmnnn, that is a very big compliment o, make my head no come explode o. grin Thanks!  cool
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by jaybee3(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
OAM4J:

Dont worry, if I become the president you will remain the 1st lady, and I wont marry more wives  grin

But seriously, Okonjo Iweala is not about speaking grammar, she is one intelligent woman I know. And my dear it is not rice and beans or godfatherism to get to the level she is now especially in world dominated and controlled by men. Also if you know about her activities while she was Finance Minister under a tough obj, you will know that she is not someone that can be pushed over by some unintelligent boko haram men. Think about it, how many ministers negotiated their terms of engagement before accepting to work with GEJ?

I agree with you that the problem is with us Nigerians and that is why it might be difficult for someone like her to be president. Nigerians are not ready for a change or many are just to dumb or brainwashed not to recognize the need for a change or the change we need. When Nigerians are ready, they will only vote for the likes of Iweala, Fashola, Ameachi, Chime and may be El Rufai, people with track records of achievements and passion to serve.
Nigeria being a democratic country needs more than a super hero to enable her fulfil her ultimate potential.
Impact of Ngozi's main achievement on the common Nigerian is very questionable even though she ought to be applauded.

We need to change from bottom up.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by BABE3: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
OAM4J:

I never questioned her intelligence fam. Yh, she's smart. Good for her. "The blowing grammar" line was a joke.

OAM4J:

Really? You think? I strongly disagree though.  Those people you mentioned are fit for ministers when OSAMA with a heart becomes our president (sorry for being redundant).  grin They are not president-material; they are not fit to lead the present day Nigeria. Nigeria ti baje ju gbogbo eleyi lo.

However, I'm not saying that if they eventually get elected NOW, they won't do "something". They will, but there won't be a SIGNIFICANT change after their 4-100yr service(s).

Plus she looks like a fragile woman to me. She's gonna cry herself to sleep every night IF she becomes the president. You see the way uncle GEJ is crying up and down that they're chasing him with juju-?----her's will be worse.  grin
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by japhet2233: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2011
i hate these woman die? make she go follow sanusi drag as CBN presido make she control the naira as she want , for she as president make she go back to bed and sleep really well
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by vitality22(m): 4:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
@bliss4lyfe
I suppose you are Dr Okonjo Iweala's daughter?
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by OAM4J: 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2011
BABE!:

Really? You think? I strongly disagree though.  Those people you mentioned are fit for ministers when OSAMA with a heart becomes our president (sorry for being redundant).  grin They are not president-material; they are not fit to lead today's Nigeria. Nigeria ti baje ju gbogbo eleyi lo.

However, I'm not saying that if they eventually get elected they won't do "something". They will, but there won't be a significant change after their 4-100yr service(s).

Plus she looks like a fragile woman to me. She's gonna cry herself to sleep every night IF she becomes the president. You see the way uncle GEJ is crying up and down that they're chasing him with juju-?----her's will be worse.  grin

Well an Osama with heart in person of Buhari offered himself and three times Nigerians rejected him and voted for PDP to continue their misrule. Until we have another Osama with heart or Pastor Bakare's "good dictator" offering himself for service we have to make use of the best we have and Iweala is among those best.

You really dont know Iweala. Iweala and fragile should not be in the same sentence. I have seen this woman handled tough criticisms from men/women that thought they knew better in an open forum while she was finance minister under obj and she made them look like kids, suffice to say that if she is fragile she wont be among the World Bank MDs.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by sylve11: 4:31pm On Jul 27, 2011
japhet2233:

i hate these woman die? make she go follow sanusi drag as CBN presido make she control the naira as she want , for she as president make she go back to bed and sleep really well

lol grin grin grin grin

what's naija turning into? Iweala or Amala, woman is not gonna rule me. . . . . . i know exactly what i'm talking about, I'll be an outlaw then forgetting that I'm wearing the country's uniform. nansense! grin grin cool
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Diligence: 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2011
Nigerians who rather prefer an Obj to a trusted and tested hand such as Okonjo Iweala's!  Like my friends keep reminding me and I don't agree less; that Nigeria is 50 years old and in reality, Nigeria is 50 years backward!

Once again, e no go beta for those western world that messed up the Biafran/Nigeria war; see what they hv caused and they are the greatest beneficiaries of the rot!

To an average Igboman, 'Nigeria' is the worst thing that happened in Africa!

Imagine Biafra 50 years after wt that tenacity/passion, industry, selfless/sacrificial service, efficacy and high-spiritedness!  Leader in world technology/ most prosperous economy, etc

It's tym for the Sun to rise again!
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by BABE3: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2011
OAM4J:

You really dont know Iweala. Iweala and fragile should not be in the same sentence. I have seen this woman handled tough criticisms from men/women that thought they knew better in an open forum while she was finance minister under obj and she made them look like kids, suffice to say that if she is fragile she wont be among the World Bank MDs.

Chei! I was just joking o! Of course I know she's good---I can tell from the positions she has held/she's holding. Again, good for her.

OAM4J:

Well an Osama with heart in person of Buhari offered himself and three times Nigerians rejected him and voted for PDP to continue their misrule.

LOL--- Nigerians? We don't know what's good for us. We shouldn't be allowed to choose our presidents sef.  grin We're too gullible and "young" for that. I don't think democracy fits a country like mine.  Cycle of Bullsh1t! Four yrs after four yrs-- same old, some old. When will it ever end? (Rhetorical question).

OAM4J:

Until we have another Osama with heart or Pastor Bakare's "good dictator" offering himself for service we have to make use of the best we have and Iweala is among those best.

Ok. Nicely done. When she runs for president in 2015, don't sell your vote o. Make sure you vote for her.  wink
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Andrew3(m): 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2011
that place seems to be corrupted, once anybody gets into that aso rock, his brain becomes infected

A very good anti virus has to installed in that aso rock for upcoming leaders grin
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Kc3000: 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2011
hmmmm,,,,,I would vote for her. Is there a better candidate? None that I can think of. We've tried all kinds of stupid, and retarded men. Lets try a very intelligent woman for a change!!!!!
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by walmed: 5:01pm On Jul 27, 2011
lets wait and see
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2011
Diligence:

Nigerians who rather prefer an Obj to a trusted and tested hand such as Okonjo Iweala's!  Like my friends keep reminding me and I don't agree less; that Nigeria is 50 years old and in reality, Nigeria is 50 years backward!

Once again, e no go beta for those western world that messed up the Biafran/Nigeria war; see what they hv caused and they are the greatest beneficiaries of the rot!

Imagine Biafra 50 years after wt that tenacity/passion, industry, selfless/sacrificial service, efficacy and high-spiritedness!  Leader in world technology/ most prosperous economy, etc

dont mind the o.p, we're talking of nigeria breaking-up, someone is talking of nigeria's first female president.when ayatollah buhari, bin sanusi and their almajiris still dey vex. angry angry angry
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Rastamann: 5:32pm On Jul 27, 2011
na yam? make she go sidan for now! Okonj ko Iweala ni.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by honeric01(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2011
Somebody is in wonderland.

Bliss4Lyfe in wonderland part 2
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by lagcity(m): 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2011
you ppl sef u dey ask us to vote for a woman whose party we don't even know. is she pdp, acn, apga, cpc, anpp or what? let her just stick with the economy. i don't know if she can handle politics, national security, foreign policy and the other things that comes with presidency.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by isleman(m): 6:01pm On Jul 27, 2011
she has the opportunity now, let her make good use of it to convince us. if she can turn naira vs dollar value to 1:50 as a finance minister, wahlahi, God punish anybody wey no vote for am.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Sunofgod(m): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

OAM4J - Log in under a different user name whenever you want to be biased and 'churn out' nonsence.

(If its a woman your after then PM me and i'll 'hook you up')

See the first lady who ever 'Presided' over Nigeria - Nigeria's first female President.

Needless to say it was a disaster and should be attempted for at least 847 more years.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_GtuAjoRYkSA/S_s2i90qULI/AAAAAAAAAa0/zoTpN4sp_w8/s1600/Turai%2520Yar%27Adua.jpg[/img]
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by liquid7: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
Diligence:

i don't want her or OBJ or GEJ.She might be the one eyed person in the kindgom of the blind but that does not mean she is the one to drag nigeria out of its current mess.You need someone with lots of guts to do this.
As for the usual Biafra talk make you go sit down.No one can predict how Biafra would have turned out and fact is to me Biafra already started in a bad way when they attacked tribes who were not intrested in joining them and claiming to liberate them(forced liberate to join another dictatorship).
that is why the Biafrian army got poisoned in benin because they were nothing more then invaders who wished to annex areas deemed to have resources and ports.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by MadDog1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
Damn t! this a good idea! for me and now-that woman seems more accountable than the others! i cant imagine nigeria having her as the president. but the real guy on street wont agree with this. more time is needed, may be 2020 up
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Ezegozie(m): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

. WELL SAID MA, BUT IF I MAY ASK. WHO ARE YOU TO NGOZI? Her campaigne manager or what? Anyway i think Nigerians should give women a chance for her presidency. BUT WHY DID THE BOLD WOMAN THAT CONTESTD LAST YEAR GET ONLY ONE VOTE. Is that not funny.
Re: What Nigeria Needs? Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2011
did she say she wants to contest? I'm just wondering,

anyway, she's done very well for her field and all but i'm not sure about leading the nation. does she have the strength et al? intelligence, yes. but leading a country is one big ball game. though if she has the right people around her, she may just do well,

if not president, VP wouldn't be bad for her. At least we'll have one that does something,,just sayin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Impeachment Of Buhari Not What We Need – Afenifere / Abubakar Badaru: Nigeria Needs Prayers To End Insecurity / IPOB Members, Others Risk Jail Terms And Fines For Separatists Agitation - HOR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.