Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption (37905 Views)

Edwin Clark - No Comment On Tinubu Until Tribunal’s Judgment / We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Kennedyli: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

Suggest an alternative to what he has put on ground. I can see your real grouse is with Tinubu. You can also tell Obi to mount the podium and come up with an alternative. after all, he is also angling to become Nigeria's president.
What he is saying isn't a priority now. Nigeria isn't going to become a credit economy like the U.S unless the economy stabilises.

Alternative? Allow the existing bureau to work and allow private sector to handle lending. After all people now buy phones on credit. Things will stabilise and progress as the economy stabilises. The cBN already have these in place. Its not something to campaign about.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by GeneralShepherd(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.

I hope if he wins we won't hear excuses in 4 years. I am confident Nigeria will be worse under Tinubu but time will tell.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Kfed4ril(m): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.

I want to know why Tinubu urchins aren’t attacking the structureful Atiku, but always masturbating on the structure less Peter Obi.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by tollyboy5(m): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.
He adviced buhari but buhari didn't bring him close to himself.
Check his birthday message during buari first term
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by sammytee02(m): 2:21pm On Jul 03, 2022
sammytee02:

Thanks for this. I'm glad we share this same mind. I was actually hoping someone would tap into this simple concept - it is so ridiculous that some people would just think you would have access to huge amount of money even if you're earning peanuts.
Even with the peanuts, there would be plans to have access to what someone can pay back within some period of time. It's clear he was just using those figures as examples. Like they say cut your coat according to your size.
FuckOsuPigs:

He just used that as an example. Someone earning 100k does not necessarily have to go fo a N3.5m car. In a multilateral arrangement involving banks and FG, workers can actually obtain car loans for 5 years (60 months) and mortgage loans for 20 years (240 months) on a single digit interest rate. I'm a banker and I currently enjoy this benefit. This is what obtains in UK, Canada and US.

The man is making sense. Despise the messenger but don't hate the message. Take emotion out of it.

Thanks for this. I'm glad we share this same mind. I was actually hoping someone would tap into this simple concept - it is so ridiculous that some people would just think you would have access to huge amount of money even if you're earning peanuts.
Even with the peanuts, there would be plans to have access to what someone can pay back within some period of time. It's clear he was just using those figures as a example. Like they say cut your coat according to your size.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by shineeye1: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tl00bCdr0

FANTABULOUS!!! I THOUGHT Tinubu WOULD ANNOUNCE BRINGING OUT MORE BULLION VANS TO BORDILLON TO SHARE THE MONEY...
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Web2020: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:

This is a dead policy before arrival. Inequality is the first causes of corruption. A man next door who is just a politician is buying exotic cars and building houses without having any business trace to him. Then, you expect a civil servant who is making the money to buy a car and pay for it in 20 years. This Tinubu is building house from top. It is obvious it will collapse.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by mdshell(m): 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2022
Develop people? This one that is looting SW especially Lagos state. You need to visit MFM for 7 days deliverance. After bribing delegates with dollars & you expect him to work for you without recouping his investment and sharing the remains to his family members? You must be a GHOST!

LordIsaac:

And your reasoning too that cannot see beyond primordial sentiments, in spite of the man's political sagacity and accomplishment in terms of developing people, God will rescue!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Web2020: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
The problem of most Nigerians is that they don't reason beyond sentiments. The question we should ask Tinubu are:
1. What is he going to do differently. Don't we have a lot of mortgage banks across Nigeria, why do they fail. 2. What are the percentage of civil servant to the population of Nigerians. Is credit scheme for civil servant a solution to Nigeria poverty and corruption.
3. Does Tinubu know that Credit scheme requires sound identification system to strive, he doesn't know!
4. Can Tinubu gives what he does not have. I think we are tired of leaders bringing in expert to write a script for them. A script they no nothing about.
Conclusion: Tinubu is a 'corruption itself and corruption is Tinubu'. We need a better Nigeria, certainly not from Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by LordIsaac(m): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
mdshell:
Develop people? This one that is looting SW especially Lagos state. You need to visit MFM for 7 days deliverance. After bribing delegates with dollars & you expect him to work for you without recouping his investment and sharing the remains to his family members? You must be a GHOST!

It will take you years to accomplish 1/10000 of what Tinubu has accomplished. Stop being envious. Acknowledge his sagacity. Your argument is at best an ad hominem!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Web2020: 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
LordIsaac:

It will take you years to accomplish 1/10000 of what Tinubu has accomplished. Stop being envious. Acknowledge his sagacity. Your argument is at best an ad hominem!
What he has achieved by mortgaging your destiny, right?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
This same men using this same strategy over all these years, and funny enough, people still believe them.

Nigeria has the biggest number of fools in the world

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by LordIsaac(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
Web2020:
What he has achieved by mortgaging your destiny, right?
He has never wronged you....you are just blinded by hate and bigotry. Period.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Web2020: 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
Benstino:
This same men using this same strategy over all these years, and funny enough, people still believe them.

Nigerian have the biggest number of fools in the world
I totally agree with you
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Web2020: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
LordIsaac:

He has never wronged you....you are just blinded by hate and bigotry. Period.
I don't hate Tinubu as a person. I totally hate his corrupt nature. He is too greedy and corrupt. He would only enrich his family and friends if we allow him rule Nigeria; God forbid. We need who will enrich the masses not selected few.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by fyneguy: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
aviara:
Credit system works better in a highly industrialized system with high productive capacity. Imagine everyone buying Innoson cars on credit how will he run the business and pay staff salary.

Besides, credit is not just given anyhow, you have to be credit worthy to access credit.

You have a lot to learn about the credit system.

Banks will pay the vendor/manufacturer. The risk is on the bank, but the Govt will reduce the risk through other measures.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by OsunOriginal: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Web2020:
I don't hate Tinubu as a person. I totally hate his corrupt nature. He is too greedy and corrupt. He would only enrich his family and friends if we allow him rule Nigeria; God forbid. We need who will enrich the masses not selected few.

Show us one Igbo man standing today that is not corrupt. Nonesense... Our next president is Tinubu. If you don't like it, take the Biafra route out - period.

A region filled with criminals in all areas of crime is calling a man who brought many including even the Igbos out of poverty, a corrupt man.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by holysaint1(m): 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
otis3:

See you need to approach issue based topic with logic, you can hate the player, but don't be myopic and allow bigotry and choice to shield you away from progressive reasoning.i believe if your preferred candidate suggest such remarkable economy lifting crucial point, you will not be here wailing.

Bro... With all due respect... You said absolutely nothing

Not even a point to back up your progresssive reasoning or choice.

Meaning you are the one doing the blind following here.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by LordIsaac(m): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
Web2020:
When you take a look at Lagos, you'd know the man has a good vision for development. My fear is that no past Nigerian leader, who has ruled at any level, is corruption free, no matter what they want you to believe. If he can help to develop Nigeria, the way he did Lagos, I will not vote for him, but will wish him well.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Perfectbeing(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Falconx47:

If someone who earns 100k takes out a credit of 5m to buy a car or whatever, and let's say they service that debt with half of their monthly pay, that's 50k, it'll take them more than 8 solid years to pay off the debt, that's without taking interests into account.

These people come up with with garnished trash talk because they know the people they're talking to won't fact check them, with which job security would any lender give you a loan that would take 10 years to repay, so that you may buy a tokumbo car? In a country where people can't even pay back micro loans they take from multiple loan sharks.
In that 8 solid years, the person that took the loan won't be paying house rent. And if the house have different flats he will be collecting rents from his tenant.

You are even talking of ordinary 8 years. In America you like comparing Nigeria to, they pay their mortgage for even as long as 30 years.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Perfectbeing(m): 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
BlackBaron:
Asking for a friend.

How did Tinubu afford a private jet on the 'meagre' salary of a former state governor.

This is a case of the devil advising others.
I'm disgusted right now.

Tinubu was already earning millions of dollars when he was working as an accountant in Deloitte and ExxonMobil
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Elidrisy20: 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2022
seunmsg:

Peter Obi was also in PDP with Jonathan and even served as his economic adviser. So, why didn’t he advice him to do all the things he’s now promising?
jona no dey hear word then
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Web2020: 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
OsunOriginal:

Show us one Igbo man standing today that is not corrupt. Nonesense... Our next president is Tinubu. If you don't like it, take the Biafra route out - period.

A region filled with criminals in all areas of crime is calling a man who brought many including even the Igbos out of poverty, a corrupt man.
In your small mind, any body who criticise Tinubu are all Igbos. In your mind every tribe is supporting Tinubu except Igbos. It will soon chock you
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by mdshell(m): 4:58am On Jul 04, 2022
Sagacity is your food ABI? Try and be ashamed of yourself. I will achieve God's destiny for myself & even more than Tinubu's genuine wealth If he has any currently; and not achieve one gotten by CORRUPTION, BRIBERY AND STEALING STATE'S WEALTH at the detriment of people's lives. That is pure wickedness!! Envy ke? I am a firm of honest wealth and NOT STOLEN WEALTH.
Wake Up & stop supporting those that are hell-bent on impoverishing their people's for the sake of their families!!!
LordIsaac:

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Elidrisy20: 6:30am On Jul 04, 2022
seunmsg:

Peter Obi was also in PDP with Jonathan and even served as his economic adviser. So, why didn’t he advice him to do all the things he’s now promising?
commit Oga jona for this matter,na God go bless am, he no leave us with hunger
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by BlackBaron: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2022
Perfectbeing:
Tinubu was already earning millions of dollars when he was working as an accountant in Deloitte and ExxonMobil

$2400/month

Hahahaha... grin grin abi ori e yi?

Maybe Heroin?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Ngozi123(f): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2022
You need to have money first before you can even think about getting a mortgage or a car loan. How many Nigerians are even eating three square meals a day? How many are actually employed?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Falconx47: 6:07am On Jul 09, 2022
Perfectbeing:
In that 8 solid years, the person that took the loan won't be paying house rent. And if the house have different flats he will be collecting rents from his tenant.

You are even talking of ordinary 8 years. In America you like comparing Nigeria to, they pay their mortgage for even as long as 30 years.

Na 5m you wan carry buy house with "flats" to be renting? The analysis I made was for a loan of 5m, what can 5m get you in today's economy? Maybe one small car, that's what you'll be paying for for 8years, with 50% of your monthly income, interests not even covered.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Perfectbeing(m): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2022
Falconx47:

Na 5m you wan carry buy house with "flats" to be renting? The analysis I made was for a loan of 5m, what can 5m get you in today's economy? Maybe one small car, that's what you'll be paying for for 8years, with 50% of your monthly income, interests not even covered.
In the US, mortgages are being paid for up to 20 years

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why Delegates Dumped Tambuwal For Atiku / Youth Corper Adopts 'Atikulated' As His Name (Photos) / Dauda Philip Gets N8M Motorized Wheelchair 11 Years After Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.