Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption (37902 Views)

Edwin Clark - No Comment On Tinubu Until Tribunal’s Judgment / We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu / Defection: Akpabio’s Aides Resign, Say "We Can't Follow You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by dejavubobo1(m): 3:50am On Jul 03, 2022
Misterdhee1:

You’re ignorant
I wish u understand a capitalist system or motivation... U ll knw mortgages don't come cheap. Especially in an uncertain economy like our's.

Enjoy ur Ignorance
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Bfly: 4:10am On Jul 03, 2022
I still say the masses are more problems to the country than the government. The masses are too desperate and untamed.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Falconx47: 4:15am On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6tl00bCdr0

If someone who earns 100k takes out a credit of 5m to buy a car or whatever, and let's say they service that debt with half of their monthly pay, that's 50k, it'll take them more than 8 solid years to pay off the debt, that's without taking interests into account.

These people come up with with garnished trash talk because they know the people they're talking to won't fact check them, with which job security would any lender give you a loan that would take 10 years to repay, so that you may buy a tokumbo car? In a country where people can't even pay back micro loans they take from multiple loan sharks.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by okuta007: 6:03am On Jul 03, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Shame on wailers they said he's in France hospital

After 23 years as Governor of Lagos State, na now Tinubu, a man who said he has always wanted to be president all his life - is unable to find a running mate after one month of winning the presidential ticket of his party dey tell us what is public knowledge about the western system? IF after decades of living in America, he can not implement the credit system he learnt in America in Lagos as governor, then he is just trying to create relevance. Baba go rest, we are all OBIdient now, no time to believe I will turn $1 to N1 lies APC told us in 2015.. Go rest, you can not create a credit society when you carry bullion van of cash around to buy voters like you are buying goats in the market. IF you so much believe in the credit system - you should have payed the banks cash so they can grant credit access to the voters and have them pay back later - you should have practiced what you are preaching there - YOU CAN NOT give what you do not have - you can not be preaching credit system when you do not believe in it, Mr. Amuda Ogunlere of Iragbiji Town grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by BlackBaron: 6:15am On Jul 03, 2022
Asking for a friend.

How did Tinubu afford a private jet on the 'meagre' salary of a former state governor.

This is a case of the devil advising others.
I'm disgusted right now.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PaAdu02(m): 6:16am On Jul 03, 2022
E de pain me say u nor die for Lekki toll gate.Bastard

derecho:
Tori...na now dey break?

Just tell us about Lekki tollgate.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by LordIsaac(m): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2022
mdshell:
You call that policy plan? May God deliver your sense of reasoning! The money will fall from the cloud to the lenders.

And your reasoning too that cannot see beyond primordial sentiments, in spite of the man's political sagacity and accomplishment in terms of developing people, God will rescue!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by PaAdu02(m): 6:20am On Jul 03, 2022
U lack wisdom,so if he’s been wanting to be president means he must have in mind a Vp all the while.
Savvy should let you know that,every situation needs to conform to what’s obtainable for the moment and present.The present environment and happenings must be well calculated before a VP can come on board so to capture present emotions and minds,but destructive thinking would not let you reason along this path.
okuta007:

After 23 years as Governor of Lagos State, na now Tinubu, a man who said he has always wanted to be president all his life - is unable to find a running mate after one month of winning the presidential ticket of his party dey tell us what is public knowledge about the western system? IF after decades of living in America, he can not implement the credit system he learnt in America in Lagos as governor, then he is just trying to create relevance. Baba go rest, we are all OBIdient now, no time to believe I will turn $1 to N1 lies APC told us in 2015.. Go rest, you can not create a credit society when you carry bullion van of cash around to buy voters like you are buying goats in the market. IF you so much believe in the credit system - you should have payed the banks cash so they can grant credit access to the voters and have them pay back later - you should have practiced what you are preaching there - YOU CAN NOT give what you do not have - you can not be preaching credit system when you do not believe in it, Mr. Amuda Ogunlere of Iragbiji Town grin
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Aystarz: 6:34am On Jul 03, 2022
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Aystarz: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2022
Mentorkaryhm:
“Devil preaching Salvation”. So ironical

Bro, even the devil has its best days grin grin
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by puremaker7(m): 6:39am On Jul 03, 2022
derecho:
Tori...na now dey break?

Just tell us about Lekki tollgate.
ask your god Obituary to tell you about Ezu Killing, idiot!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by puremaker7(m): 6:40am On Jul 03, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.
Na all the advice wey your papa tell you dey follow?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Caseless: 6:47am On Jul 03, 2022
He's articulate and experienced. They want to hear him speak about solutions to our problems, he has presented one here and they're not satisfied.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by FuckOsuPigs: 7:00am On Jul 03, 2022
Kennedyli:

Yea. It's easy to compare Nigeria that is suffering from massive currency devaluation to the U.S.

Interest rate in U.s and u.k is below 10%. Is your bank giving loans less than 25%? Think banker.

Yes, 14.5% for staff of specific organisations with low risk of default. What we practice is risk-based pricing.

With a multilateral arrangement between the FG, the banks and the car manufacturers (or country representatives), it is doable for 60 months repayment tenor. The largest percentage of the fund to deploy will be owned by FG while acquisition of the subject assets would have also eliminated many middlemen. A combination of this will drive down price and interest rate.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Allisgud: 7:05am On Jul 03, 2022
Any talk from tilumbu is a lie,let us the youths tell him this during his campaign make we shame them
He said Nigeria will have stable light vote buhari
5k for every unemployed person monthly
1$ to 1# I wonder how I was able to swallow that lie,Dem don come again o grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by buchilino(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Shame on wailers they said he's in France hospital

I DON'T CARE IF HIS IN TIMBUKTU, HE SHOULD EXPLAIN HIS ROLE CONCERNING THE MASSACRE AT LEKKI TOLL GATE
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by EagleNest(m): 7:31am On Jul 03, 2022
Another "one chance" talk grin
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by buchilino(m): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2022
puremaker7:
Na all the advice wey your papa tell you dey follow?

UR NOT A VICTIM OF THE MASSACRE AT LEKKI TOLL GATE, THAT'S Y UR TALKING LIKE A KID.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by buchilino(m): 7:35am On Jul 03, 2022
Bfly:
I still say the masses are more problems to the country than the government. The masses are too desperate and untamed.

MY BROTHER, NIGERIAN MASSES R NOT HUMANS AT ALL. I HAVE SEEN MASSES(EGYPTIAN PPLE) TALK AS ONE BUT NOT NIGERIANS.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by okuta007: 7:42am On Jul 03, 2022
PaAdu02:
U lack wisdom,so if he’s been wanting to be president means he must have in mind a Vp all the while.
Savvy should let you know that,every situation needs to conform to what’s obtainable for the moment and present.The present environment and happenings must be well calculated before a VP can come on board so to capture present emotions and minds,but destructive thinking would not let you reason along this path.

Wise King Solomon who knoweth all things - Mr. Capturer of emotions -a man who want something all his life should have a team of potential VP’s to fit whatever situation emerge - Tinubu has money in abundance- what he lacks his humility, compassion, common sense and capacity to make quick and effective decisions - and a man who can not find a running mate in 30 days wants to rule over 200 million people having prepared all his life for this position? - you be real yeye man with analog thinking grin
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Arabaincubus: 7:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Can we conquer the private ownership of bullion vans?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Ray07(m): 7:50am On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.
Are you threatening people now ?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Wisetrue99: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Good Morning Tinubu,

I guess you are just waking up.

U know all this and you didn't advice buhari? Left Nigerians to suffer for 8 years, because u want to be president?

We are not interested in your Bullionomics.
To talk easy, he spoke more than this in 2015 so we could vote his party, which of those promises was kept

I pity those who would believe his lies!
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by puremaker7(m): 7:56am On Jul 03, 2022
buchilino:

UR NOT A VICTIM OF THE MASSACRE AT LEKKI TOLL GATE, THAT'S Y UR TALKING LIKE A KID.
and you are talking like grandpa because you were a victim, right?
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by buchilino(m): 7:59am On Jul 03, 2022
puremaker7:
and you are talking like grandpa because you were a victim, right?

CALL ME WATEVA U LIKE BUT DON'T INSULT VICTIMS OF THE MASSACRE BY UR CHILDISH BEHAVIOR
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Kennedyli: 8:22am On Jul 03, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

Yes, 14.5% for staff of specific organisations with low risk of default. What we practice is risk-based pricing.

With a multilateral arrangement between the FG, the banks and the car manufacturers (or country representatives), it is doable for 60 months repayment tenor. The largest percentage of the fund to deploy will be owned by FG while acquisition of the subject assets would have also eliminated many middlemen. A combination of this will drive down price and interest rate.
This is what all of you have been quoting me to say. Fantasies. How many banks are offering loans at 14.5% annually? You talk as if you live in a different country. NNPC isn't reporting any revenue this month. Over 80% of our revenue is going to service loans. Yet you're proposing a government-funded credit system. Are the credit systems in the U.S funded by government? No. Because they've fixed the basics. You don't have a revenue problem and start making revenue-focused policies.
But of course we can still borrow more and hand it over to Tinubu. He's such a good manager of resources, I hear. Especially with Alpha beta.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by bdon123(m): 8:30am On Jul 03, 2022
LoneWolf212:
Jagaban.
Sorry wen did u n tinubu discuss this one?
Go back to ur paymaster...we didnt collect shishi frm d thief..so we no go vote am
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by 9jaRealist: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2022
Kennedyli:
Is this the best of Tinubu? Unfortunately he's saying gibberish even after all the editing.

How would someone earning 100k afford ro pay back a car loan of 3.5 million?

Even with a credit system. It will take 100% of his salary for over 2 years to pay for the car.

Which lender will agree to such a deal?

BTw Nigeria already has a credit system. Loan apps like Carbon and Branch use it.

The next president should focus on increasing local production to strengthen the naira.
So that car of 3.5 mil can go back to the 1.5 mil it was sold 7 years ago.

TINUBU HAS NOTHING TO OFFER.

Kpom! Nigeria has even had credit rating agencies since the 1990s…
>
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by bewla(m): 9:18am On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:
He claimed one of the reason for big corruption in the civil service is that the system is rigged against integrity because how do we expect a civil servant/Private workers earning like 100k to afford a house/car that is 8million by paying cash at once.

He said we can’t have a system that allow corruption while on the other hand have EFCC to curb the corruption.

He advised the best way to curb this is to set up mortgage system such that the people can pay in installment with FG working alongside the lenders to see that people can have access to such loans. With this, a civil servant don’t need to steal to afford cars and etc.

In Lagos, this is in practice with Lagos HOMS. The FG just need to back the banks with some security that can help them mitigate against defaulters that may arise.

To the Obituary people that invaded this thread, you’ve been asking for Tinubu stance on things like this, now he spoke brilliantly, you’re still bitter.

Whether you hit your head on stone or not, Tinubu will be your president in 2023.

Trust me, if Tinubu gets elected, he will build a long lasting mortgage structure in Nigeria that will outlive his government. This man understand how to build structure and he is a goal getter.
I don't like him but I love is show

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Shattuck(m): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:

Lol.

So this is the only thing you can contribute on this thread?

Why is it confusion? I’m waiting for your reply.

Buhari shut Tinubu away from power and Remi Tinubu even complained about that. You can only advise the president, it is left to him to accept or ignore.

smh, but when tinubu was asked several times, he would always say Buhari has performed well, the dude even said he wants to continue Buhari's legacy. Does this not contradict your statement, and btw everyone knows about the importance of credit system, you repeating it to our ears doesn't make you shit, go to any bear parlour, you would hear arguments like" Nigeria needs to build refinery" govt needs to provide electricity for production" they are all right which everyone knows you can sell tinubu some other way not this cheap way.
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by Vicdgreat556(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:

Be ready to commit suicide, because he's not going to be anything
Re: Tinubu: Until We Have A Good Credit System, We Can't Conquer Corruption by FuckOsuPigs: 11:57am On Jul 03, 2022
Kennedyli:

This is what all of you have been quoting me to say. Fantasies. How many banks are offering loans at 14.5% annually? You talk as if you live in a different country. NNPC isn't reporting any revenue this month. Over 80% of our revenue is going to service loans. Yet you're proposing a government-funded credit system. Are the credit systems in the U.S funded by government? No. Because they've fixed the basics. You don't have a revenue problem and start making revenue-focused policies.
But of course we can still borrow more and hand it over to Tinubu. He's such a good manager of resources, I hear. Especially with Alpha beta.

Suggest an alternative to what he has put on ground. I can see your real grouse is with Tinubu. You can also tell Obi to mount the podium and come up with an alternative. after all, he is also angling to become Nigeria's president.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Chima Anyaso Shares 50 Cars, 220 Motorcycles, Rice, Wrappers / 'White Nigerian' Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With His Family (Photo) / Pictures Of Peter Obi At Onitsha Central Mosque On Easter Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.