Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,409 members, 7,846,735 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results (34508 Views)

Atiku Legally Regularised Name From Siddiq Abubakar 50 Years Ago - Gazette / Why Did Atiku Abubakar Change Identity From Siddiq To Atiku? / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by marsup: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
If you are unique in a particular field, you can go for a master's degree with O'level. Atiku is an expert in corruption, hence the masters'. grin grin
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Godmademan(m): 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
We have agberos in powerful positions. How can we move forward when their interests is priority. Once in power, they quickly look for another agbero who will do their bidding when their tenure elapses.
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by 123yes(m): 12:10pm On Jul 03, 2022
how an things move forward in nigeria when all those rulling us have no geniue certificate
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by wirinet(m): 12:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, says he wished to be known by his current name and not by his West African School Certificate which carries the name “Siddiq Abubakar.”
This is not how change of name works. There are procedures for legally changing your name. You just don't submit a document bearing one name and simply attach a letter stating the name you wished to be called.

According to documents displayed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Atiku did not provide information on his primary education.
Then he does not possess the minimum qualification for contesting for the office of the president in Nigeria.

The 1965 West Africa School Certificate (WASC) result presented by him identified the student as Siddiq Abubakar.
Then he needs to support the name change with supporting affidavit and other documents relating to change of name.

He also holds a Master’s degree in International Relations from Anglia Ruskin University in the United Kingdom.

From the documents, SaharaReporters observed that Atiku earned a Master’s degree in 2021 with GCE O’level results.
What name is on the certificate from Anglia Ruskin University? Is it Siddiq Abubakar or Atiku Abubakar? What certificates did he use to gain admission into the said university?

Furthermore Nigerian journalists including Seun and Sowore should also beam their search light on the educational and family background of Atiku Abubakar and not only Bola Tinubu. What primary and secondary schools did he attend? Who are his parents, his brothers and family? where did he depend his childhood and youth? Which qualifications did he use to getting employed into the Nigerian Custom Service?

They also need to dig out his INEC forms he submitted before contesting for the governorship election in 1999 and the ones he submitted in 2017, 2011, 2015 and 2019 presidential elections.

I hope other candidates will take him to court on these grounds.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Jostoman: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2022
Caleb17:
Is this true. Please I need opinions.
go and do your research very well and stop commenting nonsense.
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Gold2882: 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2022
Where is the prove to back your claim
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Picardor2: 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2022
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by subcbouy: 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
I have lost my primary school leaving certificate too gringringrin
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by OLULAW: 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
The answer is simple. Siddiq sat for the GCE in 1965 and Atiku "bought" the certificate from him.

As for his "degree" from East Anglia Ruskin University, it has a reputation as a "diploma mill" meaning an institution that sells degrees to the highest bidder. There was a scandal in the nation of Guyana were a politician called Irfan Ali used a fake degree from the University of East Anglia Ruskin to get political office.

University of East Anglia is a reputable university and shouldn't be confused with the Anglian Ruskin University.
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by OLULAW: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
The answer is simple. Siddiq sat for the GCE in 1965 and Atiku "bought" the certificate from him.

As for his "degree" from East Anglia Ruskin University, it has a reputation as a "diploma mill" meaning an institution that sells degrees to the highest bidder. There was a scandal in the nation of Guyana were a politician called Irfan Ali used a fake degree from the University of East Anglia Ruskin to get political office.

University of East Anglia is a reputable university and shouldn't be confused with the Anglian Ruskin University.

By the way, I have no previous or current affiliation with either universities.
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Arielle: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

University of East Anglia is different from Anglia Ruskin University. Irfaan Ali used a suspicious certificate from an unheard of school called West Coast Demerara Institution in an attempt to register for his first masters degree in India. I don't know what happened subsequently in that case.
Maybe Atiku bought that certificate from someone because they share the same last name. Its easy to determine. Check his birth records.
But I could have sworn I saw an old picture of Atiku with his classmates from uni somewhere online.
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by OLULAW: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2022
GreatAxeMan:

By the way, I have no previous, current or forseeable affiliation with either universities.
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by JJBROS(m): 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
Caleb17:

Name of the generator?
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Fr33born(m): 1:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Aystarz:

They won't be for much longer.

The Youths are wiser now, the well-meaning ones, and they shall take back their country come 2023.

Majority of the youths are still very foolish. Yes, majority.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Okoroawusa: 2:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
subcbouy:
I have lost my primary school leaving certificate too gringringrin
I didn't even collect my own from my primary school and it has closed down

Anybody wey go school in the 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s wey him certificate complete should thank him stars.

In those years when we did JAMB and WAEC, after the release of results you wait for the posting of your original results through the mail box. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 years to get to the post office then to you. By then admission wey you wan take am process for university don pass.
If you want to write JAMB you go to a designated school where JAMB officials will come and sell the forms.You struggle it out. You fill the form then you boards bus to the island in Lagos (those of us from the Mainland. No be small journey. No be now transport full everywhere). You get to JAMB office in Ikoyi you struggle to submit. When result come out nko? You travel back to Ikoyi, struggle with your slip on a disorderly queue for your score to be written on it. If your score is good you wait for the main result to be posted to you. If it's not good you quickly buy POLYJAMB and see wether you can get admission to polytechnic or college of education.

This generation dey live alafia life

1 Like

Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Inosky: 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Even the Ogulere drug baron is also an accomplice. Only criminals will vote criminals and crime will remain in their generations till death.

Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by izibili44: 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Na soquote author=GreatAxeMan post=114365010]The answer is simple. Siddiq sat for the GCE in 1965 and Atiku "bought" the certificate from him.

As for his "degree" from East Anglia Ruskin University, it has a reputation as a "diploma mill" meaning an institution that sells degrees to the highest bidder. There was a scandal in the nation of Guyana were a politician called Irfan Ali used a fake degree from the University of East Anglia Ruskin to get political office. [/quote]
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Reasoning(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
That means they don't even have an 0-level results (GCE or SSCE), which is the highest qualification to contest for any political positions in Nigeria, including the Sit of Presidency. I only knew Atiku has a diploma and that all. But at the end Atiku will be Naked and death
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by GeneralPula: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Caleb17:

Yes, it’s true..

Atiku sold nepa..
Atiku owns Mikano in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Wwwq: 4:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
grin
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Keno123: 4:34pm On Jul 03, 2022
Politicians without integrity. That is why they steal because that is all they know.
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by ArewaNorth: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2022
LIGHTROOM:
I can bet that certificate belong to someone else

In Islam all Abubkars are Sadiq, this is very familiar just like how all Buhari are Muhammad, all Ahmad are Tijjani. Incase of name Atiku can't be accused by ignorance but for the Masters degree he should be dealt with mercilessly cool
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by DrAkpamudehe: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2022
rolams:

Don't make this mistake again, All Abubakar's Nick names are Siddiq.

This was inherited from the caliph Abubakar who was given the title 'As-siddiq' by the prophet of Allah Muhammad PBUH.

Are u replying the idiiot
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by DrAkpamudehe: 5:19pm On Jul 03, 2022
trutharena:

You are saying nonsense. Is it a honorary degree?

How does being VP qualify you to study for masters with a GCE result? In which school?

If you had said undergrad now, that’s very understandable.

You shut up. You are the one actually writing nonsense. Keep quiet and learn from what he wrote. He wrote the facts
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by DrAkpamudehe: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2022
Okoroawusa:

I didn't even collect my own from my primary school and it has closed down

Anybody wey go school in the 50s, 60s, 70s and even 80s wey him certificate complete should thank him stars.

In those years when we did JAMB and WAEC, after the release of results you wait for the posting of your original results through the mail box. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 years to get to the post office then to you. By then admission wey you wan take am process for university don pass.
If you want to write JAMB you go to a designated school where JAMB officials will come and sell the forms.You struggle it out. You fill the form then you boards bus to the island in Lagos (those of us from the Mainland. No be small journey. No be now transport full everywhere). You get to JAMB office in Ikoyi you struggle to submit. When result come out nko? You travel back to Ikoyi, struggle with your slip on a disorderly queue for your score to be written on it. If your score is good you wait for the main result to be posted to you. If it's not good you quickly buy POLYJAMB and see wether you can get admission to polytechnic or college of education.

This generation dey live alafia life

Chai, I remember those years grin grin grin
I press yansh tire for queue for Jamb office ikoyi grin
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by naijapikin2(m): 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2022
Let's join and reject all these recycled politicians... All the way, I'm OBI-dient cry
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Majeed45(m): 6:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
What Nigeria politician can not do does not exit just to get power
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Poleski: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2022
Peter Obi is the most educated presidential aspirant right now and the most qualified.

Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by epistleNow(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
One has to say this thing again

Isn't it weird that all these scrutiny of Atiku is just popping up now, what happened in the past when he was all your fave ??

Oh, he isn't your favorite no more, so you're now free to think as a normal human should??

Most Nigerians are hypocrites, you don't want good governance, you just want your favorite in power!
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by Gaabasky: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Islamicaly the names are d same n uses interchangeably. Note I am not Atiku or any politicians supporter
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by ebbo(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2022
I don't like or support Atiku but sadiq is still thesame as Abubakar. So nothing new here
Re: Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results by gracealonev: 6:53am On Jul 04, 2022
Sahara Reporters is simply mischievous regarding this story.
UK universities don't use 100% academic qualifications. Some enter based on your experience and professional qualifications. I have received unconditional admission offers into MSc from many UK universities with my HND, professional experience and qualifications.
Atiku's 8 years experience as vice president is worth well more than a Master's degree.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Commissions 24Km Eket-Etinan Road In Akwa Ibom / ICC Petition: Falana Replies Okonjo-iweala / Dino Melaye's Aide Releases Statement On His Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.