Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate (83401 Views)

Atiku Changed His Name From Siddiq, Earned A Masters Degree With GCE Results / Tinubu: I Didn't Travel To France And I am Still The Jagaban / I Have Never Taken Any Dime From Any Political Candidate – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Aygem(m): 4:13pm On Oct 21, 2020
All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, says he will never be part of any carnage.

Tinubu was reacting to Tuesday night attack which saw security forces open fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate area of Lagos State.

The former Lagos State governor spoke on Wednesday morning in a telephone interview with Channels Television monitored by The PUNCH.

He condemned the action allegedly perpetrated by the Nigerian Army, saying, “Why will they use live bullets?

“I will never, never be part of any carnage. I will never be part of that.”

Tinubu also denied having any investment in the Lekki Concession Company, the firm which manages the tollgate.

“I have no dime, no kobo investment in the tollgate,” he said.

Continuing, the APC chieftain said, “We are about 13 to 14 days into the protests now. Before now, I was being accused and reported to the Presidency that I was behind the protests, that I was a sponsor of the protests.”

Tinubu said he refuted the allegations and “appealed to the youths” and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to respond to the demands of the protesters.

“That was why he (Sanwo-Olu) set up the Judicial Commission of Inquiry. The governor has gone to the home of one of the victims to appeal to them.

“He has put N200m together as part of restitution and compensation for those attacked.”

Tragedy struck when security operatives, in a bid to disperse #EndSARS protesters, reportedly opened fire on the teeming youths at the Lekki tollgate around 7pm on Tuesday.

Eyewitnesses claimed seven persons, mostly youths, died in the attack while about 30 injured victims are currently receiving treatments at different hospitals in the Lekki area

https://punchng.com/lekki-i-will-never-be-part-of-any-carnage-says-tinubu/

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
Werey dey disguise

785 Likes 61 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by IDesignLOGO: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2020
Me too

Please I Design professional company Logo or Letterhead

598 Likes 37 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by gasparpisciotta: 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2020
Toll collections paid to LCC account, LCC pay to HITECH, HITECH pays to TVC and the Nation who in turn pay into other accounts where you draw from.

Who no sabi the trick

476 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by jplusnaira: 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
We believe you sir we know you are saying the truth just the way Sanwolu said no fatalities were recorded from the shooting.

I wish that when I grow up I should be able to speak the truth like you. grin

141 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Righteousness89(m): 4:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
The Wicked Runneth when No man Pursueth Him; The Righteous are as Bold as a Lion..

There is a GOD IN HEAVEN who will Give to Every man Exactly as they Deserve!!

355 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
Thief.

UnaToto

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Brandonx(m): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
undecided
Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Obidon1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
He will not agree

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by omowolewa: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2020
Shame on Government

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Sermon1: 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2020
Hmm.

A new Nigeria is all we need.

35 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2020
Lies !!!

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by blazepascal(m): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2020
i smell lies

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Sermon1: 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Wicked Runneth when No man Pursueth Him; The Righteous are as Bold as a Lion..

There is a GOD IN HEAVEN who will Give to Every man Exactly as they Deserve!!

Fact!

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Benblaq(m): 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2020
Show your face if you're saying the truth.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by baby124: 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
The voice of the people, is the voice of God.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by spy24(m): 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
If not for your age I would have told you to......

14 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2020
no politician ever agreed him be thief, Tinubu we are not expecting you to admit. oloriburuku grin cheesy

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Gandollaar(f): 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
grin grin

The Jagaban is on the hot seat.

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Omihanifa: 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2020
He will use his hands to bury his remaining children angry

A shameless man undecided

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Jack500: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
It is unfortunate no one will believe u, even if it is true.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Jack500: 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2020
It is unfortunate no one will believe u, even if it is true. So, just spare us this gibberish.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 21, 2020
Muhammadu Buhari,

You pay billions of naira to Boko Haram yearly in guise of ransome.
You spend billions to rehabilitate and sponsor "repentant" terrorists every year.
You reintegrated them into the national army and sponsored them abroad.
You celebrate Boko Haram flag inside government's house.
You value cow's life but you hate non-Fulani Nigeria.

But you massacre PEACEFUL PROTESTERS who had zero resistance at 6:00 p.m when state curfew was to start by 9:00 p.m.

May Buhari will ends up like Charles Taylor, Samuel Doe, Muhammed Gaddafi, Idi Ami, Lauren Gbagbo and Omar Al-Bashir. You are worse and an unintelligent dictator. The lifeless man will surely regret deploying soldiers for mass killings of harmless youth protesters.

Revolution is now!

#EndSWAT
#BuhariMustGo
#EndSouthernGenocideNow

137 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 21, 2020
Tinubu the Fulani slave. You massacre your own people at night to please your Fulani herdsmen masters. Shame on you.

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
Long live Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by viyon02: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
How can devil incarnate says the truth, even the devil that gave you power is suprise the way you lie to people: The devil is scare to support you for your presidential ambition because you may even enthrone him as the Satan the devil.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
Tinubu, can you come to the protest ground to tell us more about that abeg

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Obamaofusa: 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
Is there any other thing involved in this or why are we so fixated on Tinubu who is a thief just like his fellow polithiefians when we know the real cause of this problem? Buhari is the c-in-c and the only person who has the power to order the army to do what they did and not one bloody civilian.Anybody who did this will pay manifold.
Do you want to wreck Lagos or what?

I am sorry but it is beginning to have political and tribal undertones.As much as I don't want to believe that our brothers from the East and some gullible Yorubas are instigating the burning down of what makes Lagos grow economically,I will advise that they stop forthwith.A word is enough for the wise.You will blame yourself for not yielding to this warning..
Abo oro....

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2020
We've decided to move forward...no turning back

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by JovialJune(f): 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2020
Lies from the pit of your ugly ass, of all places for soldiers to attack, it had to be the toll gate, conveniently after a report on Lekki toll gate loosing millions of naira everyday was made public, yeye dey smell.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2020
If the listeners don't know, the speaker knows whether na lie or truth he dey talk.

We go dey alright las las

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Have Never Earned A Dime From Lekki Toll Gate by jospepper(m): 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2020
You no talk lie but we don't believe you.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu’s House Under Tight Security As Ambode’s Supporters Storm Ikoyi. Photos / Buhari Leading A Protest During Goodluck Jonathan's Government (Throwback Photo) / Ambode Dumps His APC ID Card, Makes Himself Unreachable To The Party Chairman. V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.