Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,035 members, 7,838,586 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

You Shall Not Die But Live - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Shall Not Die But Live (7927 Views)

You Shall Not Die- Osinachi's Children Pray For Her On Her Last Birthday (Video) / Pastor Emiaso Oke Emir Curses Lady: "You Shall Die Without A Husband" / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Tribal: 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2022
So shall it be!
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Dewlo: 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2022
see below

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by henryasha: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2022
DATA IS LIFE

Top-Notch

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by superCleanworks(m): 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2022
LollySeaSide:

What a carnal reasoning.

The soul that sinneth shall die. Ezekiel 18:20.

you are telling me about Ezekiel, who gives a sh/t about him? funny how you know Ezekiel but you don't know the name of your great grandparents.
when death comes, tell him all this story
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Opmic: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2022
DropsMic:
One of the saddest thing ever is that we Africans worship the Gods of our conquerors.. Those conquered by the west are Christians while those conquered by the Arabs are Muslims and everybody dey convinced say the God of their conquerors is the true God.. We all are just victims of circumstances, the creation of mere mortals and we don't even know it.
You know deep down that what you just said is not true, you just don't have answers to. Day unto day reveals that there is God even night unto night.
Even the events in your life today proves the existence of God, the problem is you just don't understand. Believe him today and you'll see
Shalom
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Opmic: 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2022
DropsMic:
One of the saddest thing ever is that we Africans worship the Gods of our conquerors.. Those conquered by the west are Christians while those conquered by the Arabs are Muslims and everybody dey convinced say the God of their conquerors is the true God.. We all are just victims of circumstances, the creation of mere mortals and we don't even know it.

Without even stopping to comprehend what i wrote you've already jumped into a moronic conclusion.. Please show me where i insinuated that there's no God.
the creation of mere mortals and we don't even know it.
My bad. But I just went by these quote above. Moreover you didn't mention anything about God.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by DavidEsq(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
superCleanworks:

for what? abeg go and sit down.
death is inevitable. it is the only sure thing after you are born. every other thing is in-between.
you seff must die when death comes weda it is today or tomorrow or next 10 years .
What happened to Lala?
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Aug 07, 2022
Fear of death is false spirituality..
There is no life without death no death without life
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by DropsMic(m): 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2022
Opmic:

the creation of mere mortals and we don't even know it.
My bad. But I just went by these quote above. Moreover you didn't mention anything about God.

What i meant by that statement is that everything we blacks believe in was forced on us by either the Arabs or the British. Nothing about us – except our language – is original.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by jimmynauty: 1:26pm On Aug 07, 2022
Context is king and you can't rationalize what you can't understand... If YHWH says it, who cares what anyone thinks...
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Tjayjosh(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2022
Interesting15:
"I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD." (Psalm 118:17)

This is a popularly quoted verse for obvious reasons - none of us want to die and leave this world in our prime. However, we should see this beyond the standpoint of physical death, and talk about a much tougher form of death - spiritual death.

Spiritual death simply entails separation from God the Source of Life. It is possible to be alive (hale, healthy and breathing) here in the physical realm, but spiritually dead. This can be a reality when we cut away ourselves from God who is the Source and Giver of Life.

In Genesis, GOD told Adam that the day he embraces sin, he will die. And when Adam committed the sin of disobedience, he didn't fall dead instantly. He didn't die physically immediately - but he embraced a tougher from of death, which is separation from God. 

What happens to a fish separated from water? It dies! Why? Because the water is its source. In the same vein, since we humans are created by Him and in His image and likeness, GOD is our Source. If you separate yourself from Him, you are simply a walking dead (and it's just a matter of time before such a person falls dead anyways).

What brings separation between God and man? Sin! Unfortunately, while God's love for a sinner remains intact, the law of sowing and reaping must always be respected - the wages of sin is death. And I must tell you that it is a grave thing to be eternally separated from God.

But, good news! To save us from spiritual and eternal death, God decided to come in the flesh through Jesus Christ to get us back to Him, and empowers us to live above physical and spiritual death. 

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus Christ), that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life". (John 3:16).

You are destined to live the Life of God, exercising dominion over creation and everything (including death). When you submit to the LORD, the Holy Spirit activates the Life of God you received as you lay down yours for His.

Therefore, you should embrace Jesus Christ today as Lord and Savior, and you shall not die but live to declare the works of the LORD in the land of the living.

Simply call upon Jesus anywhere you are right now. Ask Him to show you mercy and come into your life. He has shown you mercy.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2022/07/you-shall-not-die-but-live.html?m=1
Amen
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by ICEWIN: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2022
So other people that doesn't believe in Jesus are walking dead spiritual, well everybody go die wether u dey connected to God or not.
We came to earth to fight to go back from were we came from.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by harmony75: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2022
Amen and you too �
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Onyipk: 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2022
superCleanworks:

death is inevitable. it is the only sure thing after you are born. every other thing is in-between.
you seff must die when death comes weda it is today or tomorrow or next 10 years .

It is not about this physical death but about spiritual death. Spiritual death is terrible. It brings weeping and gnashing of teeth where the worms never die.. It also brings the torments of hell and thereafter the torments of the lake of fire.
I shall not die but live when examined in the rhema(under the revelations of the Holly Spirit and not its literary meaning, SIMPLY prepares the believer for ENTERNITY (eternal life and not eternal condemnation).
Thus, any believer who does not want to witness the second death (Spiritual death), must totally and by the help of the Almighty God shone the works of the flesh Galatians 5:19-21) and fully embrace the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22).

It is well.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Oluwabusobomi(f): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2022
Amen!
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by xetuhc: 5:48pm On Aug 07, 2022
Amen
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2022
TimmyTen:
Through His death, we were freed from the old covenant and are now under the new – grace (Hebrews 9.15).
You were never the Old Covenant to begin with so how could you have been freed from what God never placed you under ever? undecided
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2022
LollySeaSide:
What a carnal reasoning.

The soul that sinneth shall die. Ezekiel 18:20.
That's not bodily death, it's a disconnection from God.
Once you are disconnected from God, you may be breathing and doing every other thing but you are dead!
That is the meaning of what the op posted.
I shall not (die) be disconnected from God but I shall (live) be connected to God too (declare) give testimonies of what He is doing in my life (His works).
God can only work on your life when you are (alive) connected to him.
Ezekiel 18 vs 20 was not meant for you to begin with as it was spoken by God only of those who are of the blood of Israel. undecided

You, a gentile, were instead born "disconnected" from God, condemned to perish in the grave when you die. That is a fact that all those who are born gentiles have to contend with. And it is only when you choose to believe in Jesus Christ that you enter a relationship with God. However, Jesus Christ did not come that you may not die... instead, He came that you may not perish when you die. And Jesus Christ accomplished this by giving eternal life to all those who believe in Him and are born-again. What this means is that only those who believe in Jesus Christ can have eternal life which they can then go on to spend in the Kingdom of God - in either of Heaven or Hell. undecided
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by superCleanworks(m): 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2022
Onyipk:

Galatians.... Galatians

no be only galatians. na Malaysians.

1 Like

Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by babaRUNtinz(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2022
Lolzz.. But one day of course we must die.

Ẹ get how God dey share death.. No near there o
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by GoodIsGod: 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2022
superCleanworks:

You are a very wonderful fool.
You did not read a post before attacking the writer.
You are not only a fool but a complete senseless human. Guys like you annoy me on Nairaland.

Senseless iddddiot.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by aribisala0(m): 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2022
Onyipk:

It is not about this physical death but about spiritual death. Spiritual death is terrible. It brings weeping and gnashing of teeth where the worms never die.. It also brings the torments of hell and thereafter the torments of the lake of fire.
I shall not die but live when examined in the rhema(under the revelations of the Holly Spirit and not its literary meaning, SIMPLY prepares the believer for ENTERNITY (eternal life and not eternal condemnation).
Thus, any believer who does not want to witness the second death (Spiritual death), must totally and by the help of the Almighty God shone the works of the flesh Galatians 5:19-21) and fully embrace the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22).

It is well.
This is not something you have experienced. Just a story you heard
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by superCleanworks(m): 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2022
GoodIsGod:

You are a very wonderful fool.
You did not read a post before attacking the writer.
You are not only a fool but a complete senseless human. Guys like you annoy me on Nairaland.

Senseless iddddiot.

drink water. wonderful fool detector
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by aribisala0(m): 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2022
The idea of a human ego being eternal is wishful thinking. It is in the nature of ego to believe such a fantasy.
We are POP-UPs
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by GoodIsGod: 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2022
superCleanworks:

drink water. wonderful fool detector

Shut up
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by superCleanworks(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2022
GoodIsGod:

Shut up

drink water and sleep. it helps kill the pain.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by Onyipk: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2022
aribisala0:
This is not something you have experienced. Just a story you heard

Okay... I will not argue with you but just remember that when you appear before your maker what I have written will stand as a witness against you but the last time I checked, Jesus told us that Christianity is not by force so I tske his advice and I dust my feet.

Peace.
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by aribisala0(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2022
Onyipk:

Okay... I will not argue with you but just remember that when you appear before your maker what I have written will stand as a witness against you but the last time I checked, Jesus told us that Christianity is not by force so I tske his advice and I dust my feet.

Peace.
Again this is not something you have experience of.
It is just a story you believe based of the part of the world you were born. People born in other places tell other stories
Re: You Shall Not Die But Live by xetuhc: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2022
my relation in the village said I will die 5years ago and all what he said to me have been coming to pass. I also do have strange dreams.1:where my only child was crying saying why do I want to leave her the second time.2: fighting my uncle.3: seeing my late parent laughing at me.4: old man and old woman inserting something in my body. etc. im really scared.I need help.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Theory Of Pre-tribulation Rapture Is False. / Where Does The Bible Say "Leave Misbehaving Pastors For God To Judge"? / Why I Gave My Life To Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.