Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,228 members, 7,953,866 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:00 AM

There Is No Perfect Relationship! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Is No Perfect Relationship! (1576 Views)

Etiquette for A Perfect Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Perfect Relationship! by damipaul(m): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2011
This thread is born out of the increasing cases of infidelity, especially on the part of the men that's taken over our relationships (marriages, friendships etc)

I believe strongly that everything that happens in life starts from the mind. To become a doctor, one has to decide, you go through rigorous lectures and dedicate so much time to it. A lot of things happen in the process too, carry overs, lack of funds etc but with a strong determination, you arrive at the desired result.
For the Singles, the first step is finding your soul mate, and yes, he/she is out there,. It's a pity that so many have met and abandoned their soul mates due to several selfish (sometimes not selfish sha) reasons. Afterwards, you decide to be with the person, help the person thru his/her several weaknesses. Using myself as an example, when i met my wife, i was a music director in the church, i was/am very good at what i do. i had a lot of female admirers. I told my girlfriend my weaknesses and together we worked towards gaining strength. I never suffered from that weakness again since i told her about it, cos she was always there with me. However, don't just concentrate on the weaknesses, concentrate on the strengths too, my wife missed that point from the start, she was going every where with me but not concerned about my improvements, somebody else could have easily done that and in a way gotten my attention (someone actually tried). It's at this stage you know weaknesses that are curses i.e ones you can't work on so that if you decide to take the relationship to another level you'll know what you're up against.

For the married ones, divorce is not in our culture, Xtianity wasn't too, we should please know which one to embrace. I asked my wife recently why our parents, despite their obvious numerous errors didn't have so much breakups, divorces etc in their marriages. That even in those times, wives were posted like parcels to their husbands and we recorded few cases of separation. I learnt from her that the secret was submission. Discipline was also a factor. how many wives are submissive to their husbands these days, instead, they go about giving their husbands orders about everything. Don't be the first to throw blames, admit your mistakes and work on them then you can have the guts to talk to your husband about his. And please, until you catch your husband in immorality, don't distrust him. It's for your peace of mind. so many homes have been broken on suspicions,

In conclusion, we are the ones who will and can make our relationships perfect. Everybody has a role to play, so stop the blame game.

These are my views, supporting and contrary views are welcome, pls do it without insults.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by Talkyaown: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
there's some sense in this
Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by maclatunji: 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2011
Let me get you here: You just decided to write this or something has motivated you to? A background to your write-up will help us to put it in proper perspective.
Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by damipaul(m): 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2011
maclatunji:

Let me get you here: You just decided to write this or something has motivated you to? A background to your write-up will help us to put it in proper perspective.

dami_paul:

This thread is born out of the increasing cases of infidelity, especially on the part of the men that's taken over our relationships (marriages, friendships etc)

Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by Natasha2(f): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2011
thanks Dami you know it was like you were talking to me
Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by iice(f): 4:23am On Jul 27, 2011
Hmmm no blame game but somehow in all that write up, i only see. . .woman this, woman that. Yes i saw your example of weakness. . .but for man is weakness and then turn to strength. For woman is this that, that this, up down, down up, side to side, inside out, outside in. Anyway, i agree with the we are the ones who make our relationship perfect or not, before fa? undecided
Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by damipaul(m): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2011
Natasha,,:

thanks Dami you know it was like you were talking to me

you're welcome Tasha, honoured
Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by damipaul(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2011
iice:

Hmmm no blame game but somehow in all that write up, i only see. . .woman this, woman that. Yes i saw your example of weakness. . .but for man is weakness and then turn to strength. For woman is this that, that this, up down, down up, side to side, inside out, outside in. Anyway, i agree with the we are the ones who make our relationship perfect or not, before fa? undecided

That's probably because you guys are more affected.
Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by Talkyaown: 9:58am On Jul 27, 2011
iice:

Kai, when will our women learn, out of all this plenty advice wey this man give now see wetin you learn! na wa o
Re: There Is No Perfect Relationship! by iice(f): 2:37pm On Jul 27, 2011
Talkyaown:

Kai, when will our women learn, out of all this plenty advice wey this man give now see wetin you learn! na wa o
Nothing to learn. Not that i'd expect you to understand. cheesy

dami_paul:

That's probably because you guys are more affected.
Maybe. But i thought it wasn't a blame game. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Should Couples Live Together B4 Getting Married? / What Is Wrong With Me? / A Delicious Pet Name 4 Hubby,lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.