Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba (28020 Views)

Lagos Shuts Down Chrisland School Indefinitely Over Sex Tape Of Minors / 2 Lesbians Caught At Redeemers University / Bejide Ifeoluwa Is Redeemers University's Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by naptu2: 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
The Lagos State Government

LAGOS STATE SHUTS REDEEMERS NURSERY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL, OGBA 

The Lagos State Ministry of Education has shut the Redeemers Nursery and Primary School, Ogba. The school will remain closed, pending an administrative investigation of its operations and procedures as well as the conduct of its officials - in line with schools’ safety standards and guidelines.

The investigation is sequel to the death of a five-year-old pupil, who is suspected to have drowned during a swimming lesson while in the custody of the school. The police are investigating the matter.

A preliminary probe by the Office of Education Quality Assurance of the Ministry has shown that the Redeemers Nursery and Primary School, Ogba, is yet to conclude its registration and is, therefore, not yet an approved school. 

The Ministry is concerned about the safety of the pupils, hence the need for intervention. The school will remain closed until all the required approval processes are concluded. Parents are advised to note the closure and wait for the conclusion of the administrative investigation. 

Folasade Adefisayo (Mrs.)
Hon. Commissioner for Education

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02NAiN2gy2tfFx5Vn9ihm7Bjmvnii7pe6RJ4syZwgEdz4YumR3CHxdQRJdFrikKtxYl&id=100064441879510&m_entstream_source=timeline

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by DispatcherLagos: 1:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lagos state keeps shutting down schools up and down but has refused to do anything about the "schools" that breed agberos and thieves. Is Lagos state government ignorant of these schools such as
1. Oshodi under bridge high school
2. Mile 2 comprehensive academy
3. Jubilee -under secondary school
4. Iyana ipaja comprehensive school
Etc

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by EKONGKING: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Guilty should be punished, that all

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Greatzeus(m): 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Good development. Everyone in charge of those pupils that day should be made to face the law. If found guilty, necessary punishment should be given.
If the child belongs to one of the teachers,will she be careless to let her 5 year old drown?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Nova1982: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
all these church schools sef.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Ceypat: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Why will they do that

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Two02: 1:26pm On Jul 05, 2022
Safety is very important I don't understand how a primary school would have a swimming pool, I've never bought the idea. They might say it's for physical and health education and development, but it doesn't change the fact that sufh idea is a very foolish one, even as an adult I'm so scared of water bodies, it scares the hell out of me, I wouldn't lie.

If I were to advice swimming lessons should be for teenagers and not five year olds. The swimming instructors must be dealt with for their negligence to duty. This is a very terrible incident. I don't understand why teachers of nowadays are so negligent.

Besides that I believe primary schools shouldn't have swimming facilities. I won't allow my child play in the bathtub talkless of swimming pool. Even if primary schools where to have swimming pools there should be an instructor there, I don't even support primary schools having storey building structures talkless of swimming pools

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by richard870(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lord have mercy
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by usecondom(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
For the safety of the pupils, way to go.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Badonasty(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
Lol…the school isn’t even registered yet
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by rajiedreez: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
cry
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Tonnierichy(m): 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
I don't understand why someone will still come here to politicise this issue. A school caused the death of a student, the school was shut down in order to carry out thorough investigation. And you are here to start making noise about what Tinubu did or didn't do. Curse dey una head? Learn to focus on topics and stop looking for who to blame for your miserable life. When you find a topic that'll directly connect Tinubu, yab him all you want. But use your damn flat head to think straight for once

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by judedwriter(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
Medicine after death...

Good development but coming late.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by abuhlawal(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
God help us.
Only if we know the significance of our lives, we will always be very careful
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Focusmind: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2022
The usual knee-jack reaction in everything. Why shot down the school when other pupils needs the school to function?? Arrest those culpable and leave other innocent students and teachers to continue their daily activities. The responsible teacher that took the pupils to the swimming class at the hotel should be charged to court, including the hotel owners for gross negligence. Others should not suffer because of the negligence of the few.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Joehigashi(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Same LASG that should be shut down?
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by CoconutMilk: 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
The whole school shouldn't be punished for what some misfits did.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Lanretoye(m): 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
DispatcherLagos:
Lagos state keeps shutting down schools up and down but has refused to do anything about the "schools" that breed agberos and thieves. Is Lagos state government ignorant of these schools such as
1. Oshodi under bridge high school
2. Mile 2 comprehensive academy
3. Jubilee -under secondary school
4. Iyana ipaja comprehensive school
Etc
must you comment because you have data?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by Okobola146: 1:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
Money answereth all things, if you know, you know
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by neonly: 1:32pm On Jul 05, 2022
Bunch of incompetent people using church name and Statue to justify der incompetence
If I can names Now them hmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by eki2000(m): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
EKONGKING:
Guilty should be punished, that all
Datz All.
Re: Lagos Shuts Redeemers Nursery And Primary School, Ogba by SamOchuko: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2022
naptu2:
The Lagos State Government

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02NAiN2gy2tfFx5Vn9ihm7Bjmvnii7pe6RJ4syZwgEdz4YumR3CHxdQRJdFrikKtxYl&id=100064441879510&m_entstream_source=timeline

How did the child die? Is there no one watching over them during school hour? This is absolutely wrong, rest on child

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 Pictures Only Those Attending FUTA Can Relate To - McBrooklyn / Senate Passes Bills To Establish City University, Auchi; Maritime University / DELSU Bans Miniskirt; Reduces Number of Campus Fellowships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.