Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? (1976 Views)

Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? / Im A Java Expert Here To Teach Those Who Wants To Learn. / A Java J2me Application Developed By A Nigerian U Need To Have(must) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? by mydevbox: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2007
Want to be a Java Geek?

Ever heard Java was hard/boring? We have decided to help people out with. Java is not much different from basic concepts we were thought in secondary schools. The gist is, you can become a geek/productive with Java in 2/3 weeks with commitment.

We have packaged a set of materials to help you with this. If you are not prepared or passionate about being one then don’t bother calling the number below. Experienced programmers could also call as this tools would certainly offer great productivity boost. It is stated hear unequivocally that those ordering for this materials are bound to be better than their colleagues in IT schools like NIIT, APTECH, New Horizon, karox and whatever yours is called. We usually don’t name names, but, we‘re just too sure of the materials we’ve got. It would mesmerize your tutors, as most of them are not developers themselves. Preview of some of what you would get- Majorly open source tools/libraries:

Great IDEs (Integrated development Environments)
: Eclipse/Netbeans (These IDEs compete with commercial IDEs though they are open sourced) with tutorials on how to use them. You would be very comfortable with any of this IDEs in about 3 hours. Another added advantage is that you can do your ruby, c/c++, fortan, php, python, also with these IDEs especially with Eclipse. Certainly the best IDEs in the market right now. With solid GUI builders.

Desktop Apps (Swing and SWT-Standard Window Toolkit): Hacks (Tricks and Tips) – Full of swing libraries with their sample source codes. See and do the wows of Java. You would have to think twice before saying never with Java. Also learn how to use Rich Client Platforms –RCPs to develop production ready Apps in less time, cos you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Great look n feels. You would get great books and tutorials. Your apps shouldn’t look zugly!

Web Development frameworks – Spring 2.0, Jboss Seam, Webwork, Wicket, Struts, Rife, Tapestry, JSF (Java Server Faces), Guice, Appfuse. Hear from the author’s mouth on the pros and cons of this frameworks.
ORMs (Object Relational Managers) – Hibernate, IBatis
AJAX Libraries (Neat Effects in Web Apps) - GWT, Jboss Rich Faces, Ices faces, GWT-Ext, DWR, Dojo, ExtJs etc.
Design Patterns- Explained and Illustrated with sample codes

Enterprise Apps – Easy access to web/App Servers: Jboss, Glassfish, Tomcat, Jetty, Resin. Greats Books/Tutorials/Codes to help you get started with EJB3

JME(Java Micro Edition) platform – Several JME books and source codes of sample applications to use for prototyping. Mobility development packs for Eclipse/Netbeans.

Plus Other Great Stuffs!

It should be stated here that the only way to be a better a Programmer is not just be reading books but writing codes and reading other peoples codes. You should leverage on this tools to help you fulfill your dreams in the world of Software development. Java Platform is bound to still be around for the next 10 years, cos its open sourced and we are beginning to have more languages (Scala, Ruby, Php, Java FX, JavaScript etc) run on this platform. Get ready to be the next Java Whiz Kid on the block. We also offer consulting services related to Software development projects, if you need help with choosing a framework/architecture for your projects then feel free to call.

Call Now 08028177975

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? by Krirkjung(m): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2007
I want to be a .Net Geek instead
Re: Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? by mydevbox: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2007
For bulk of the stuffs mentioned, they are available online. So just google. The mentioned frameworks/Libs are really cool.
All the best u dont necessarily have to call. But if u nid help no probs!
Re: Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? by Seun(m): 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2007
I'm seriously considering java because of the hoops I've had to jump through to create a fast python server.
Re: Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2007
@Hung, you need someone's help and you're saying he could pass for a yahoo boy. Thats not good, well i called him some weeks ago and he's at ikeja and all those softwares are just 2500. plus he'd show u some java tricks.
Re: Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? by chie4live: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2007
@mydevbox
i really wanna be a java guru. i have moderate understanding of the syntax and the language in general. but my problem is how to get sample assignments to boost my knowledge cos  i work alone
Re: Do You Want To Be A Java Geek? by soulonfire(f): 12:40am On Oct 05, 2007
@chie4life, hi im also workin alone, so if u dont mind , can we colab, i min work together. pls holla at burning4more247@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Threads On Visa Sponsorship Job For Software Engineers(web Based) / I Want To Learn Black Hat Hacking. How Would I Start? / Do Not Reinvent The Wheel Unless You Plan On Learning More About Wheels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.