Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. (45424 Views)

14 Strategies To Avoid Unnecessary Pressure In 2023 / Men Stop Bullying Your Pregnant Wife. / I Suspect My Wife Is Setting Me Up With Her Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Aiddn: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2022
and tomorrow you will expect somebody son to come and marry you with this kind of statement.

UyaiIncomparabl:

You aren't serious. Why must the house be swept when I am around? It's rude, simple! A guest for that matter!
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Ebubu3: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2022
Justbehave:
Shameless man continue fucking jovialjune who is a married woman that's why your life remains stagnant.
my life remains stagnant? i guess you are who? the most successful man? and you're here bullying a woman. to slap you for real life dey hungry me. better go and find a pig to pass your seeds onto, if you're hòrny. shocked

5 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Siggysaga: 11:22am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Story. She dodged a bullet. He's a mummy's boy, simple! Good riddance to the family.
If datz going to make me a mummy's boy so be it.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by tillaman(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I saw this post on Facebook and it makes me question myself asking what "Nigerian men want". It irks me so bad.

Women have been debased to NOTHING that a chore has become a yardstick in choosing a wife. I keep asking myself if God did not make a mistake to have given the headship to them from the beginning.

And now, I'll reiterate this here. I also don't care about the reactions it brings. It's not my business how you feel but I must say this to men- DO NOT SET UNNECESSARY STANDARDS THAT YOU WON'T MEET. Read that again. Would he have washed the girl's father's or mother's clothes if turns were switched? NO. Many men here won't either. It degrades them after all. ONLY women should cower and wash g-pee tanks because they want to marry. Marriage only favours the women after all. It's the women who do these things I blame. You don't rate yourselves.

If you try this with me, I'll FAIL your test woefully. It is the audacity to make this a post for me. They make marriage seem so unpalatable and dramatic.

Manners should tell you that you do not sweep when a guest is around. It is ABSOLUTELY rude and that shows that you do not even respect me enough to have kept your abode neat before my arrival. And that to me, is a RED FLAG!

It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

Signed; Bitterleaf Feminist.

I agree with you about not sweeping while visitors are around but then why are you so angry ?
You sound really angry it’s not even a big deal if I come to your home and I see your old man washing his car I will join him it’s not just because he is my FIL but because I was raised this way!!
I don’t have a problem with your ideology infact i’ll Eat your cake

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Drfernandez(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2022
Ishilove:
Toh. We have been reduced to maids and cooks. Until you have properly engaged me, I remain a guest in your home and as I do not expect a guest to help with house chores unless I specifically request, don't expect me to go to your house and start forming the girl is good. The girl is not a pretender!

Ishilove, you can start getting ready because I have discussed with OPM Pastor Chinyere about the possibility of matchmaking you with the rescued homeless actor, Aguba. In fact, I suggest you embark on 7 days fasting immediately so that he won't turn you down to be his wife. I even had to lie to the pastor that you have not known a man all your life, even though you are not a virgin, but got deflowered while riding a bicycle. I will continue doing everything possible to make them believe that you are a good wife material, after all, there is no campaign after election.

10 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by KoshCAD: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Well, it can't be me.
Yinmu. You will go and mode the kind of man and inlaws that will allow your own stupidity.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Ebubu3: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2022
BadBradley:
the only thing I got is that you're an anal bandit.

I hope you empty a full bottle of detol in your bathe.

You're useful for nature though.

Your cadava would be worth millions for medical research of nature's purge.

That's a big plus seeing that you would be worth millions in death; a far cry for your bleak existence!
I didn't read shít that you wrote!
Don't have time for shameless men trying to bully a woman into submission; go do that to your mother and sisters!

5 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by RulerIAm(m): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2022
Can't say much but I would not visit my girl's home and meet his dad carrying buckets of water into the house and not give any assistance. It's how I was brought up by my dad especially. If u ignore such a thing in front of my dad while growing up, that could earn u a very loud knock on d head.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2022
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

I have told you so many times to stop writing in English language. Your spelling and comprehension skills is atrocious. To even think you gave yourself the moniker: techwriter3.

Which foolish company or individuals will allow someone that can't even compose simple English write technical scripts? undecided

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by naijapikin2(m): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2022
First off, who needs a virgin as a wife. That's dumb desire. Who wants the ardorous task of disvirgining a woman For some who have done it before, you know the experience is not so smooth that you want to do it to a lady who will spend the rest of her life with you. Next, as a well brought up girl, you should not be seating when an elderly lady is sweeping. Thirdly, what ever a person demands that person should be ready to pay equal value in the same character.Most importantly, youre wrong to opine that God made a mistake by giving the house headship to the man. Are you wiser than God. It shows you're not ready to be submissive. Please read "she stoops to conquer"
They are good things in marriage.. look deeper

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Justbehave(m): 11:25am On Jul 08, 2022
Ebubu3:
my life remains stagnant? i guess you are who? the most successful man? and you're here bullying a woman. to slap you for real life dey hungry me. better go and find a pig to pass your seeds onto, if you're hòrny. shocked
I better Bleep a pig than Bleep a married woman like jovialjune.Continuee until her husband cuts off that your young rod she's dying for. grin

5 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Transcriber: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2022
Kajaard:

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

I have told you so many times to stop writing in English language. Your spelling and comprehension skills is atrocious. To even think you gave yourself the moniker: techwriter3.

Which foolish company or individuals will allow someone that can't even compose simple English write technical scripts? undecided
that guy goes around copying my bad grammer posts lol

A joke of a tech writer cheesy grin grin
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by flexispy: 11:26am On Jul 08, 2022
Set standards and never compromise on any

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Legendoo: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2022
na here all the low iq bitter feminists gather.

lol, why are u people always angry , it's not like you're forced to marry . stay single and continue your wayward lifestyle . Una breast don dey fall sef and the facial structure is changing .. talking about op ..

respecting elders is an African . I will gladly help a father in law or any elder do anything if it warrants , but Una stupidity just too much.

give it another ten years , all of Una go hear am . woe betide the unfortunate guy who makes a mistake of putting these animals at home as housewives .

7 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Wallade(m): 11:27am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
I saw this post on Facebook and it makes me question myself asking what "Nigerian men want". It irks me so bad.

Women have been debased to NOTHING that a chore has become a yardstick in choosing a wife. I keep asking myself if God did not make a mistake to have given the headship to them from the beginning.
.......!

.......... It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

If you are African, especially a lady, and you find nothing wrong with watching or ignoring your friend's mother sweeping their house while you visited and you didn't make effort to help her.

Then you need to be retrained by your parents or you must be mannerless, disrespectful and a shame to behold.
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by SenecaTheYonger: 11:27am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

And now, I'll reiterate this here. I also don't care about the reactions it brings. It's not my business how you feel but I must say this to men- DO NOT SET UNNECESSARY STANDARDS THAT YOU WON'T MEET. Read that again. Would he have washed the girl's father's or mother's clothes if turns were switched? NO. Many men here won't either. It degrades them after all. ONLY women should cower and wash g-pee tanks because they want to marry. Marriage only favours the women after all. It's the women who do these things I blame. You don't rate yourselves.

If you try this with me, I'll FAIL your test woefully. It is the audacity to make this a post for me. They make marriage seem so unpalatable and dramatic.

Manners should tell you that you do not sweep when a guest is around. It is ABSOLUTELY rude and that shows that you do not even respect me enough to have kept your abode neat before my arrival. And that to me, is a RED FLAG!

It also tells me that "I am not welcome in your abode". I am immensely glad that the girl in the story dodged a bullet. Good riddance.

But I can’t allow my wife do all the chores in the house when I still have hands and legs. Besides, what would I be doing while she’s doing chores? I like to be near her to I’ll join her and make it faster.

Seriously, what would the man be doing when his wife is doing chores? It’s makes me uncomfortable when someone does my chore without me helping

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2022
Aiddn:
and tomorrow you will expect somebody son to come and marry you with this kind of statement.

I'm not single, oga. Any other talk?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Demurray: 11:28am On Jul 08, 2022
Nazgul:
The pic you uploaded has nothing to do with standard, it's all about how the girl was brought up.

We're Africans not Americans, African culture demands that when an elder is doing a chore or carrying something, you should offer to help.

I've gotten up for a pregnant woman to sit down during my NIN registration, I didn't know her from anywhere, but I felt since she's pregnant she ought to sit while me the agile young man should do the standing...that's the way I was brought up. Even on the ATM, if line is long and I see an elderly person at the back, I'll go behind him/her as ask him/her to take my position and withdraw before me.

Like I said, it has nothing to do with standard, it's just about how you were brought up. The girl on that pics you uploaded, has no respect for elderly people and one can easily conclude that she has little regard for her parents at home. The guy's mom did right by walking her out of her house, such behavior is not part of our culture.
kudos bro

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by sofiscatedmoron: 11:28am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Well, it can't be me.
Yea we all say that
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Peacefulgold(m): 11:28am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Oya, lie that you would have acted differently.
How would your brother have acted ..
Even you as a girl ,how would you have acted if you walked in and saw your mum sweeping and your brother's wife to b is raising her leg for your mum to sweep through ... I hope you would applaud her ,or you tell your mum she was disrespecting her to have been sweeping at that time ..

1 Like

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Ebubu3: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2022
Justbehave:
I better Bleep a pig than Bleep a married woman like jovialjune.Continuee until her husband cuts off that your young rod she's dying for. grin
i actually know you desire her and probably feel jealous i have what in reality, i don't (jovialjune).

and also, i'm confident you operate those multiple accounts; all three of them who have been attacking me here. Takes nothing off me as i've faced worse trolls than you but i'm telling you now I know you're the moniker behind all three accounts.

You're just a pathetic kid

3 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Juanmike(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I'm a spec.
It will be you.
Amen?
Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2022
Na ómó Ale ladies full this forum. sad

3 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by Davenks: 11:29am On Jul 08, 2022
Funny thing is that this is a situation where an elderly woman is testing the character of a young damsel. At the end, men take the blame. Chaiii!!! Women and accountability.

2 Likes

Re: Men, Stop Setting Unnecessary Standards That You Will Never Meet. by KoshCAD: 11:30am On Jul 08, 2022
advanceDNA:

Men...??
You posted just one man's twitter post.., yet you are angry with all men for his opinion...
Well..you are entitled to your views.....im sure the many guys feel the same way about the female gender too
No one one is perfect....why not find yourself a man thats not hypocritical and leave the men that want their wives to care for the home... belive me, some women are happy to care for their home...no pretence
Gbam. Allow her be lamenting as if her mother no do am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

WHY Do Potential Couples Do This? / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / Perfect Wife's Guide - How To Welcome Your Husband Home From Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.