Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party (427 Views)

"My Decision Is Divine" — Ogun PDP Deputy Chairman, Leye Odunjo Quits Party / Muslim-muslim Ticket: Delta APC Chieftain Quits Party / 2019: Amaechi, Other Rivers APC Leaders Adopt Sahara Oil Boss Tonye Cole For Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party by kcmichael: 6:15am On Jul 07, 2022
Akpobari :Rights Activist dumps APC,partisan politics

Okafor Ofiebor/Port Harcourt

An Ogoni Environmental rights activist and chieftain of Rivers chapter of All Progressives Congress APC, Celestine AkpoBari, has left politics and resigned from the party.

In a terse statement he issued in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, Akpobari debunked reports that his decision to leave politics was because of current upheavals in APC.

Rather, he stated that his latest decision was to enable him focus on his primary occupation, which is to fight for human and environmental rights, and academics.

“I had contemplated for sometimes, to leave politics and face squarely my human rights activism, and also push forward my academics. Continuing to combine them with politics was doing serious injury to my passion for people’s rights and the wellbeing of our environment,” he said in a statement signed on his behalf by Beke Anyalemechi.

Akpbari said his hunger to further his studies in pursue his chosen field suffered intolerable hiccups that he could no longer accept with his involvement in politics.

He said his decision to act now should therefore not be interpreted in partisan prism.

“My commitment to human and environmental rights, and my education remain the core driving force in reaching this decision. So, it has nothing to do with APC or any other party. And it takes immediate effect.”

Comrade AkpoBari, said he has communicated his decision to the leadership of APC, wished them well, saying that though it was a “hard decision to reach”, he averred that it was the best thing to do at this time.”

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/07/06/rivers-apc-chieftain-akpobari-quits-party-politics/

Re: Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party by Tonypen247(m): 6:16am On Jul 07, 2022
H
Re: Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party by ExplorerReturns(m): 6:36am On Jul 07, 2022
He should head to labour party straight
Re: Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party by Kingpin1000: 6:49am On Jul 07, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
He should head to labour party straight
Oga, the guy don leave politics kpatapkata.
And a certain Magnus Promised BAT millions of votes.

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party by Truthisunique2: 6:51am On Jul 07, 2022
The Exodus from Apc nationally keeps increasing
Re: Rivers APC Chieftain Akpobari Quits Party by Tinubuagbado: 7:06am On Jul 07, 2022
They must scatter

(1) (Reply)

2023: Ondo APC Senatorial Aspirant, Awosika, Joins PDP / We Will Waste Our Votes On A Party Without Structure - Pastor Sarah Omakwu / Video Shows Man Who Ate 1 Goat Plus 2kg Of Rice All At Once, His Wife Runs Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.