Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,353 members, 7,957,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Black Africans Are Hyporcites - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Black Africans Are Hyporcites (1412 Views)

Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU / Why Is Gaddafi A Pan-africanist When Arabs Generally Dont Like 'black' Africans? / Gaddafi: Black Africans Are Ignorant Barbarians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Hertsnite: 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2011
Why is it ok for Afircans in Zimabwe for example to say that White people are not welcome in their land, yet it's ok for millions of Africans to come over to Europe? How would you feel in Nigeria if millions of unskilled white people descended on Lagos for instance ?
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by White007(m): 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
^^ Are you a black african or an unskilled white person? tongue
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
Zimbabwe is a black country,any other thing is a squatter.How can a minority squatters own all the land at the expense of the majority landowners who have become slaves under feudalism and serfdom ?
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by White007(m): 11:52pm On Jul 26, 2011
We Nigerians are friendly people, we don't have a problem with such. Should millions of unskilled white people descend on Lagos, we 'll provide them with Good fertile land to farm.
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 26, 2011
They are not coming to lay claim as Nigerians or Lagosian infact the ones in kwara state don't see themselves as kwarans.It's all about establishing their status for them !
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by ektbear: 12:14am On Jul 27, 2011
You are right. We are a bit hypocritical in this matter.

Me personally though, I'm not against immigration so long as it is orderly and the immigrant respects the laws of the land he moves to.
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Hertsnite: 12:56am On Jul 27, 2011
Bluetooth: 'Zimbabwe is a black country,any other thing is a squatter.How can a minority squatters own all the land at the expense of the majority landowners who have become slaves under feudalism and serfdom ?'

So any Black African in England for instance is an unwelomce squater by that logic? So, I as a white Englishman am not welcome in Zimabwe, yet it racist for me to saying anything about mass immigration to the UK?

hypocrisy or not?
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by morpheus24: 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hertsnite:

Why is it ok for Afircans in Zimabwe for example to say that White people are not welcome in their land, yet it's ok for millions of Africans to come over to Europe? How would you feel in Nigeria if millions of unskilled white people descended on Lagos for instance ?

if you are a white English man then I think you already know the answer to that question and are simply trying to convey to us an underlying resentment you have for immigration.

England or most of Western Europe in terms of its policies on immigration, assimilation and human rights is many years ahead of the  general perspective of most African indigenes. Coupled with the issues of colonialism, both are huge factors that play into the sentiments of most Africans when it comes to "white people" or Europeans.

The tribal and regional integration of Africans is a fairly new concept that is taking fold in Africa, talk less of people of non African origins who will face barriers.

The brazilians and Asian countries initiated many economic principles that shut Europeans out of their markets i.e Import substitutions because of similar feelings against Europeans and I don't think the Africans will be any different.

It shouldbe noted though that in the end Brazil and Asia had to adjust their economic policies to factor in FDI's and exports (including immigration) from European countries at the end of the day.

Is that explanatory enough for you.!
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Horus(m): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2011
And what about the Lebaneses in Africa?, are they welcome?. The Lebanese community in Nigeria has a longstanding history of dark and illegal business in Nigeria (illegal trade, drug smugling, etc, ). I think it's fundamentally important to cross-examine comprehensively Lebanese activities in the country. The Lebaneses get an official job to cover up dubious activities. Time is ripe to shed light on them before Nigeria finds itself unknowingly and unwillingly sponsoring terrorist activities and becomes disgraced internationally.
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by panafrican(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
1.Black africans are coming to Europe to have their share of the wealth europeans stole in Africa over the past six centuries.
2. Black africans are going to Europe the same way jobless europeans were coming to Africa in the 18th, 19th, 20th centuries
3. Black africans are going to Europe because european governments are masterminding political instaliblity in Africa (war, coup d'etat, support to their stooges so call rebels such as the ones who took over in ivory coast ) . Look at what is going on in Lybia.
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2011
i wonder which fool would want to go to a country like Zimbabwe in the first place. undecided tongue
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by pleep(m): 4:11am On Jul 28, 2011
Do we mistreat white ppl that come to Africa? Or do we treat them like honored guests?
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by MandingoII(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2011
The DIFFERENCE is that Whites STOLE, CHEATED AND KILLED the black tribes that were on the land.

Then the Whites used their POWERFUL GUNS to take MORE LAND that was not thiers.

The Whites in African became WEALTHY. The blacks in Europe are merely working class stiffs.

but you already know this. wink
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Hertsnite: 11:38pm On Jul 28, 2011
pleep:

Do we mistreat white ppl that come to Africa? Or do we treat them like honored guests?

My sister in law had her family's farm in Zimabwe looted and burnt to the ground, her parents were also beaten to a pulp for being white. 

so hmm let me think,  that doesn't sound like honoured guests to me
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Hertsnite: 1:52am On Jul 29, 2011
undecided
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by morpheus24: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2011
Hertsnite:

My sister in law had her family's farm in Zimabwe looted and burnt to the ground, her parents were also beaten to a pulp for being white. 

so hmm let me think,  that doesn't sound like honoured guests to me

They were not beaten for being white infact I don't think the natives would care if they were colored green for that matter. They were beaten and stripped of their property rights because of  theunfair play by their forefathers in distributing land equitably amongst visitors and indigines. Their reluctance to share knowledge and the insatiable greed that inhabits your kind in the name of Capitalism.

You can't just hop skip and jump into another man's territory, grab arable land, make your generations wealthy and expect to have no future consequences for these past actions when the natives outnumber the visitors

I trust you are fully aware of the "lancaster agreements" that took place in Zimbabwe and the double crossing of your then prime minister Margaret Thatcher as regards land compensation. this set off the impetus for what happen to your sister in law.

By no means am I defending violence as the means to resolving an issue but I know you do understand its use as you and the wealth of your nation has used this same scheme to faciliate its greatness.
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by cdoffx(m): 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2011
morpheus24:

They were not beaten for being white infact I don't think the natives would care if they were colored green for that matter. They were beaten and stripped of their property rights because of  theunfair play by their forefathers in distributing land equitably amongst visitors and indigines. Their reluctance to share knowledge and the insatiable greed that inhabits your kind in the name of Capitalism.

You can't just hop skip and jump into another man's territory, grab arable land, make your generations wealthy and expect to have no future consequences for these past actions when the natives outnumber the visitors

I trust you are fully aware of the "lancaster agreements" that took place in Zimbabwe and the double crossing of your then prime minister Margaret Thatcher as regards land compensation. this set off the impetus for what happen to your sister in law.

By no means am I defending violence as the means to resolving an issue but I know you do understand its use as you and the wealth of your nation has used this same scheme to faciliate its greatness.
trust your logic morpheus that is a great defence you've made though not for violence anyway
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by cap28: 1:43am On Aug 01, 2011
Hertsnite:

perhaps the zimbabweans simply got fed up of being slaves in their own land. or maybe they took issue with having to work as farmhands on their ancestral land while your own ancestors got fat off your stolen wealth and made millions from exporting tobacco, flowers, peas and other crops to the big british supermarket chains like sainsburys and tescos.

by the way millions of unskilled english ex convicts were shipped to australia, new zealand and tasmania by the british govt and when they got there do you know what they did? they massacred the indigenous aboroginal people, the surviving aborigines were put on reservations where many of them died of disease and starvation, today aboriginal australians suffer the highest suicide rate in the world because they are denied access to employment, decent housing and education by the majority white settler population.

Also NON WHITE immigration to the above countries was BANNED - until well into the 1980s so i dont think you're in a position to be assuming the moral high ground here mate.
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Beaf: 5:08am On Aug 01, 2011
Hertsnite:

Because, the land in Zim was stolen at gun point, like it happened across Africa.

From your input so far, it is 100% definite that you are English. No?
You need to look back in history for cause and effect. Brittain deeply traumatised Africa with their empire, culture, identity, religion were all shreded; lands were stolen, blood was spilt and artefacts looted on an industrial scale.
It is not Zimbabwe I fear, but what a developed Africa might do. How will its youth react to a wretched history of the brazen exploitation of their people and lands? A developed Africa is not far around the corner either, 6 of the Worlds 10 fastest growing economies are African; we are building something beautiful out of the chaotic murk, it is still invisible and subteranean except to the descerning (like David Cameron, Sakozy and Merkel).
Attitudes like yours are unhelpful, you do not want to inflame the opinions of the African leaders of tomorrow. Put a lid on it and don't stir the hornets nest. Do you recall the Chinese Olympics and the ill-adviced protests in the UK? That was driven by similar arrogance to yours just 4 short years ago. Do you think such protests are remotely possible today?

And who says the Africans that flock your country are unskilled? Have you taken a studied look at the NHS and the IT industry? You are having a laugh mate!
Yes, there are unskilled Africans doing the dishes and care work, but no British person wants to do such.
Dude, the British economy will collapse without immigrants.

On the reverse side, we do have unskilled Europeans flooding Africa with fake qualifications and living the life. Its all because our laws are still developing (its not that easy for those who have had their cultures rap'ed). These is a bunch of unskilled Europeans in Africa, taking what didn't belong to them after a massacre of the locals; the stolen goods are still in Europe:

Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by martinosi: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hertsnite:

Dude u need to be more sensible , this is nairaland,
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by emofine(f): 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2011
martinosi:

Dude u need to be more sensible , this is nairaland,

Lol, you know!

Herts you might wanna take a look at the map of Africa smiley

now after that brief primary 1 geography lesson you might wanna consider locating to the appropriate forum and carry your grieviances there methinks undecided

Lastly, please refrain from generalising because it would be very easy to create uncountable files of case studies against Europeans
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by ektbear: 10:43pm On Aug 02, 2011
Pushing those Zimbabwe farmers off of the land has in part destroyed Zimbabwe's economy. A once flourishing land that was one the breadbasket of Africa now is better known for exporting illegal immigrants rather than food sad

The main problem you whites made strategically was not sharing the wealth enough. Economic inequality eventually leads to social unrest.

Anyway, as I said earlier, I agree, we are hypocritical. Supposedly Lebanese are banned from many sectors in Liberia:

Easy relations with the political elites and the money to pay bribes also help. Liberia's Lebanese are unable to buy property and are banned from 26 industries, but simultaneous patronage by officials is common. "I budget for bribes," admits a Lebanese restaurateur. "Anyone wanting to do business here does."
http://www.economist.com/node/21256166

Yet if the white man does the same to the black man in his country, then he is a racist, bigot, etc, etc.

As we become wealthier, hopefully we can become less hypocritical  smiley
Re: Black Africans Are Hyporcites by Jenifa1: 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hertsnite:

Nigeria doesn't need unskilled white people. we already have a huge reserve of black ones already.
Europe on the other hand has a shortage of unskilled labor. that's why they bring in immigrants.

even Mugabe is starting to learn his lesson and white farmers are returning to Zim.

Nigeria will never turn down skilled immigrants though. that's what we have a shortage of.

(1) (Reply)

Fallout Of Fuel Subsidy Removal In Ghana:No Propaganda, No Riots,No Occupy Ghana / A Village Where Dead Relatives Are Smoked With Their Fat Used As Cooking Oil / How Fortis Hospital In New Delhi Killed Chineye Nwafor!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.