Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves (4424 Views)

Why Pro-saraki Senators Should Forfeit Their Pay, By Femi Falana / Gov Shettima Appoints 3 Additional Special Advisers & 77 Special Assistants / Bauchi Governor - Isa Yuguda - Appoints 924 'Special' Assistants/Advisors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by ruz(m): 5:57am On Jul 27, 2011
Owerri – Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State said in Owerri, Monday, that most of his political appointees would generate resources to fund their respective offices and create wealth for the state.

Okrocha, who stated this in his maiden meeting with the appointees, said the measure was in line with the agenda of his Imo Rescue Mission, aimed at efficient resource management.

The governor said those criticising him for “appointing political aides for no-relevant issues,” misunderstood his leadership style, adding that he carefully selected those who would perform.

He said: “My team players will work to generate their pay; I have defined their roles and job schedule and I am optimistic that they will deliver http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/okorocha-charges-aides-to-generate-pay/

Here is the controvertial list of aides: http://imostate.blog.com/2011/07/19/list-of-special-assistants-to-governor-okorocha-and-their-portfolios/
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 6:38am On Jul 27, 2011
Where will this happen? Meaning the motive of appointing a special adviser on health is primarily to generate funds and not the look after the real health sector. Very ibotic reasoning.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Afam4eva(m): 6:39am On Jul 27, 2011
Rochas, anyi no go nazu. This guy is smart.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 6:48am On Jul 27, 2011
This is stvpidity not wisdom afam, where on earth do you want a special adviser on Media, publicity, health (when he has been making noise about his phantom free health), education (not possible with free education and  the reduction of higher institutions fees)?
Can you ibos articulate your thoughts for once?  This is stvpidity not wisdom afam, where on earth do you want a special adviser on Media, publicity, health (when he has been making noise about his phantom free health), education (not possible with free education and  the reduction of higher institutions fees) to generate funds for his own salary?
Can you ibos articulate your thoughts for once?
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by ruz(m): 6:57am On Jul 27, 2011
@seanet02, I think you should chill and read the article again. He says most of them will generate their pay, not all of them.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by hugooh42(m): 7:16am On Jul 27, 2011
@seanet02 Is this what is giving you heart attack?Can you try to be rational sometimes and stop being blinded by ethic hatred.The Governor said"some"of his special advisers.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by stormm: 9:58am On Jul 27, 2011
^ And the 'some' definitely excludes the ones mentioned by seanet02 abi? grin grin.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by KnowAll(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2011
[size=18pt]Rochas you don come again with your delusive rantings, “ how does the chief comedian of the state” generate his pay” na wa oh !!!, pls sir try another lie this one no go work.[/size] undecided
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by egbeman1: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2011
@seanet02 n knowALL,if u guyz wr one of the Special Adviser,am sure u wouldn't b runing ya mouth.
If u think u'r better then impeach him n take over.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 12:01pm On Jul 27, 2011
egbeman1:

@seanet02 n knowALL,if u guyz wr one of the Special Adviser,am sure u wouldn't b runing ya mouth.
If u think u'r better then impeach him n take over.
Look at this one, seems you lack comprehension capabilities.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by egbeman1: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2011
@seanet02,Iz vewi simple.Impeach him if u can.I luv ROCHAS!He's got everything.Am glad i'v gt d opportunity to meet him 1on1,i dnt even need a Visitors Form.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by kasiem(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Rochas you don come again with your delusive rantings, “ how does the chief comedian of the state” generate his pay” na wa oh !!!, pls sir try another lie this one no go work.[/size] undecided
so ur deluded mind has made u not to know that money can be generated from entertaining people? Or giving lectures and training to prospective entertainers? Man better think before criticising.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by houvest: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
I'm glad to hear this. I now understand. Chief Comedian can do a lot of money generation through entertainment. It now makes a lot of business sense. Go on Rochas.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2011
seanet02:

Where will this happen? Meaning the motive of appointing a special adviser on health is primarily to generate funds and not the look after the real health sector. Very ibotic reasoning.
Why insulting the race because of action of one man? I still dont believe people with your kind of orientation still exist in this modern era. If you are under the influence of hard drugs, better stay away from drugs.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
Note,once this Rochas system of government start performing well ,all these 'copy cat' South West Governors headed by Fashola will be the first to emulate grin
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by blank(f): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2011
houvest:

I'm glad to hear this. I now understand. Chief Comedian can do a lot of money generation through entertainment. It now makes a lot of business sense. Go on Rochas.

Seconded.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2011
petaling:

Why insulting the race because of action of one man? I still dont believe people with your kind of orientation still exist in this modern era. If you are under the influence of hard drugs, better stay away from drugs.

don't mind that foo.l,what has my tribe done to him. Arshole
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Reference(m): 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2011
Fantastic. If this is true this is exactly what this country needs. A firm departure from the terrible mindset that government is a vehicle for milking resources. Imo state is surely open for business and yes government should be run with the same passion. What else will bring them to the office by 8 a.m Monday morning and keep them till five on Friday and away from unending funerals, weddings, naming ceremonies and the lot which clog the machinery of government.

Boy this man has risen to the top of governance in my opinion. Now they will know just how difficult it is to make money and the kind of effort you need to place before you can survive in this country. Let me see how they will pay for their retinue of servants, sub-servants and all the trappings of their offices. If he is to succeed Rochas should extend same to all government ministries, departments an agencies. Let them begin to generate a percentage of their expenses and slowly raise the threshold until some of these lazy civil servants begin to voluntarily quit one after the other. Every, every, every arm of government that interfaces with the public has indeed a potential of revenue generation. How do I know this?. Is there any M,D or A that you get anything for free in Nigeria 'seeing someone'. None. So let nobody say it is not possible.

Fantastic. Up Rochas. He,he,he grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Panzastrip(m): 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2011
seanet02:

This is stvpidity not wisdom afam, where on earth do you want a special adviser on Media, publicity, health (when he has been making noise about his phantom free health), education (not possible with free education and  the reduction of higher institutions fees)?
Can you ibos articulate your thoughts for once? 

Please just focus on ur yoruba Governors and leave Igbo Governors alone. People like you don't want Igbo nation to progress but sorry u will be surprise soon. Insolent hater.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2011
Ibos na one wy Traffic, No brain, no reasoning all money and kidnapping. We go see how Special Adviser on Health go generate his own pay, i dey look o
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by cantell(m): 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2011
seanet02:

Ibos na one wy Traffic, No brain, no reasoning all money and kidnapping. We go see how Special Adviser on Health go generate his own pay, i dey look o
When mumu people dey talk, you go know.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by nigerhead(m): 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
He said MOST; or is it the article that says he said MOST of his political appointees will generate funds for the running of their offices. The governor should have gone one better and giving us a list of the appointees that are going to be generating the funds.

Where are they going to generate the funds from? , Taxing the people, Loans, or using government resources for business. Ok, you might want to say through lobbying activities, but would that not mean that the government would have to start bowing down to the interests of private individuals, thereby holding the state to ransom.

We should sit and digest stuff we hear before coming to say anything.

I see the sense in the chief comedian going for shows and making money (but wait, who is the guy?, if he were dem Ali Baba, Basketmouth and co class, I would say he has hope)

But how are the special adviser on health, or economic matters, or Lagos Matters going to be making money to fund their offices?

He should explain better, abeg na Naija we de, no de use cunny man sense for us.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2011
[s]
nigerhead:

He said MOST; or is it the article that says he said MOST of his political appointees will generate funds for the running of their offices. The governor should have gone one better and giving us a list of the appointees that are going to be generating the funds.

Where are they going to generate the funds from? , Taxing the people, Loans, or using government resources for business. Ok, you might want to say through lobbying activities, but would that not mean that the government would have to start bowing down to the interests of private individuals, thereby holding the state to ransom.

I see the sense in the chief comedian going for shows and making money (but wait, who is the guy?, if he were dem Ali Baba, Basketmouth and co class, I would say he has hope)
It can not work my friend, how are you going to do it, Is Government Appointments now for privatization?

But how are the special adviser on health, or economic matters, or Lagos Matters going to be making money to fund their offices?

He should explain better, abeg na Naija we de, no de use cunny man sense for us.
[/s]
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Panzastrip(m): 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
seanet02:

Do u know what is warring you? no u don't but i do, you are seriously jealous of Ndigbo with our progress. Insolent hater.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by meine: 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2011

Why are all of you so obsessed with Rochas
? grin grin grin Is he the only governor around? Can we get reports from Nasarawa, Jigawa, Sokoto and those other states in the hinterland.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 27, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Rochas you don come again with your delusive rantings, “ how does the chief comedian of the state” generate his pay” na wa oh !!!, pls sir try another lie this one no go work.[/size]  undecided

Simple. . .by organizing Night of a thousand laugh and, Owanbe parties for his excellency and his conncubines. . .
@topic
who is going to provide the capital ?
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by nigerhead(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2011
seanet02:

[s][/s]

bia Seanet02 is anything the problem?
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by seanet02: 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2011
nigerhead:

bia Seanet02 is anything the problem?
Nothing do you
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by CyberG: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
Seanet: another racist, tribalistic and ethnocentric NLander. It's a big shame that the only thing (good or bad) in someone's idea is his tribe? Can you imagine living in a society where every other person you meet is from a different country, tribe, tongue? I know your bigoted brain cannot fathom that and people like you are the reason Nigeria will never work even if it is broken into 150 million other countries.

@Post: If this idea works, that would be someone who at least has done something differently and obtained a different result others can learn from and improve the lives of the people.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by kasiem(m): 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2011
nigerhead:

the chief comedian of the state, will be highly resourceful to the state, whereby, he organizes workshops in conjuction with the gov't for participants who would like to be future comedians. And also the special adviser on lagos affairs will help in wooing some imo investors in lagos to imo state.
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by hbrednic: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2011
i see id-iots
i see hatred
i see bigots
i see folly
i see heart attack
i see some people dropping dead
Re: Okorocha's 50 Special Assistants To Generate Their Pay Themselves by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2011
Now this is what i'm talking about. I think Rochas has taken a step in the right direction. Many states wait for 'oil allocation' before they do anything and even when that  happens, they dont use it for anything important.
The guy is trying to make his ministers hardworking instead of lazy. The same way Fashola has a scorecard for his cabinet members to hold them to their jobs and make them accountable. Why are some people picking on only minister of health? What of Agriculture and other industries like textiles(just saying)? Those are sources that can really generate money by the means he has mentioned.Now these ministers have to make sure that industries are revived and jobs are provided and government is making the money needed to run their offices instead of just relying on oil allocation.
I hope his plans work but for even thinking it i'll say welldone!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics / What Offence Did Oby Ezekwesili Commit Against Some Igbos? / Amphibious Unit of BSS In Tactical Military Drill Exercise (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.