Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle (26352 Views)

Soludo, Archbishop Okeke In War Of Words Over Burial Of Priest’s Mother / Buhari’s Group Panic Over Atiku’s American Visa / Peter Obi: Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP Over Atiku’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by politicoNG: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2022
Earlier today, Festus Keyamo SAN had taken a swipe at other aspirants, insisting that the APC Presidential Candidate, Bola Tinubu was instrumental to the foundation of democracy in the Country, by virtue of his role during the June 12 struggle.

1. No Presidential candidate today had ANYTHING to do with the June 12 struggle (which is the foundation of democracy we are enjoying today) except BAT & (to be honest) Sowore as a student leader, but BAT was more pivotal from exile. Atiku was one of the first to abandon June 12

2. After the June 12 struggle, ‘strangers’ emerged from nowhere and hijacked the democratic train at the center; OBJ who opposed June 12 became the greatest beneficiary of the struggle. The election of BAT in 2023, a true hero of June 12, will largely address this anomaly of 1999

3. Some feel the Yorubas weren’t compensated by the election of OBJ in 1999; he wasn’t the choice of the Yorubas because he betrayed the cause of June 12, hence they rejected him at the polls in 1999. The election of BAT in 2023, a June 12 hero, will largely assuage that feeling

4. I can speak on these because, apart from defending NADECO leaders in court with my late boss Gani Fawehinmi, on Oct. 1, 1994 we launched the National Conscience movement to fight for June 12 & on June 11, 1995, I along with other comrades were arrested by the DSS and detained

5. When I left Gani Fawehinmi late in 1995, I started a youth movement to prevent the self-succession bid of Abacha & to oppose Kanu who was promoting that bid. We were collecting signatures on the streets to petition the UN when we were picked up by the military junta & detained.
https://twitter.com/fkeyamo/status/1545011006941925376?t=YYnNBUowP8ZaG8YkXgA0Ug&s=19

The PDP Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar, himself a 1992 SDP Presidential Candidate, through his media aide, Paul Ibe replied:

1. 2023: Atiku, June 12 And Keyamo's Attempt To Rewrite History

1. The events of the June 12 crisis are too well documented for anyone to seek to distort it. Keyamo told a blatant lie when he said Atiku “abandon(ed) June 12". Atiku never abandoned June 12.

2. The truth is that the former VP was marked for assassination because of his strident opposition to military rule. Indeed, Abacha actually appropriated his INTELS company, tried to kill him in Kaduna & he managed to escape only after some of his security aides had been killed.

3. Flash back to the events leading up to the SDP primaries that threw up Abiola as its presidential candidate. What Keyamo will not say is that it was Atiku’s sacrifice of historic stepping down for Abiola that metamorphosed into his victory in June 12, 1993 election.

4. I wish to remind Festus that the same Atiku that he is in a hurry to malign was approached to serve as the Head of the ING while he was in London. And it may interest him to know what Atiku’s response was: “(I said) I am not going to be part of a brief administration”.

5. We know those who participated in the Abacha govt which dealt a death knell to the revalidation of the June 12 mandate. Some are late, some are still alive. Atiku was one of those who didn't want to have anything to do with the Abacha military rule, not even with a long spoon.

6. “We decided not to participate in Abacha’s government because we did not want any more military rule”, Atiku was quoted on page 237 of his biography by the late Dr Adinoyi Ojo Onukaba

7. Even after prominent members of the political class among them those close to Abiola were picked to serve in Abacha’s government no member of the Yar’Adua group among them Atiku wanted to serve in the Abacha regime ostensibly because of their commitment to democracy.

8. Consequently, leaders like Yar’Adua and Atiku were marked down. And in continuation of its struggle to restore democratic rule, the PDM, the group that Atiku belonged to, addressed a press conference in Lagos on January 12, 1994

9. and asked the military to exit from the governance of the country by December 31, 1994. The aftermath of that was the arrest and detention of Yar’Adua in February 1994. Atiku and other PDM leaders challenged the detention in court.

10. Atiku, it was, who was worried about the protracted political crisis and decided to do something about it by sending an open letter to Abacha in 1994 in which he proposed a 7-point solution to the crisis, the highpoint was the hand over on January 1, 1995 to a democratically

11. elected government. Atiku’s position was eventually adopted by a resolution of the 1994 Constitutional Conference to set an exit date for the military.
Abacha did not find this move funny. He caused the detention of Yar’Adua and sought to separate him from Atiku.

12. Abacha wooed Atiku to dump Yar’Adua & pave the way for him (Abacha) to work with Atiku. But Atiku is not one to sell anyone for a mere porridge. He didn't return to Abacha after he was asked to go think over the proposal to dump d man who helped him cut his teeth in politics.

13. Even though Abacha was determined to neutralize Yar’Adua and his PDM, Atiku was not going to be a willing tool. Abacha eventually hatched a plot that implicated Obasanjo, Yar’Adua and others in a coup.

14. Shortly after his mentor’s arrest in the phantom coup plot, Atiku narrowly escaped an assassination plot in his Kaduna home in which seven lives were lost in the bid to foil the plot to kill him because of his opposition to his government and military dictatorship.

15. But Abacha was not satisfied with the imprisonment of Yar’Adua & the intimidation of Atiku. His next move was to seize his lucrative business, NICOTES, renamed it INTELS and appropriated Atiku’s and Yar’Adua’s shares in the logistics company he co-founded with Gabriel Volpi.

16. Following the bloody attack in Kaduna, Atiku was persuaded to proceed to exile. The import of this thread is to put a lie to Keyamo’s baseless claim that Atiku abandoned June 12 and was not consequential in the struggle to enthrone the democratic rule of today.

17. Atiku was instrumental in birthing June 12 following his stepping down for MKO Abiola, and worked assiduously for the exit of the military and enthronement of the democracy that he is still actively involved in deepening. History is stubborn, it cannot be erased.
https://twitter.com/omonlakiki/status/1545112743014981634?t=vNsNuBEf3AHrI2jhlr6-Fg&s=19

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by derecho(m): 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
Na keyamo wan tell us June 12 history?
Yawns

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by MonkeyMods(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2022
Big shame to Keyamo cos instead of leading the youths to birth a new Nigeria, he is there arguing over trivial issues with his father's age mates

His younger brother lucky said it all years ago when he dragged Keyamo on national TV

Shame to this senior advocate of nonsense

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Naijanascam: 8:49pm On Jul 07, 2022
Keyamo manage this abeg

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Ballzproblemm: 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
who? anyways vote for Peter obi ,t 2023,time to take back our country

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by iiifedimma(f): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
Please let's support honourable Peter obi for the president's of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, Peter obi2023 is certain

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by NwaNimo1(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2022

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Elvis2kay: 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2022
wink
Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
THE WHOLE TRUTH AND DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TINUBU AND ATIKU

From the House of [/b] : The students of History.
Let's start from 30 years ago as far as we remember when most of these nonentities
and uncultured swines that insult and abuse their mothers online weren't born!

[b]The below is only for sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians.
Let's go

30 years ago,
TINUBU left Mobil, Atiku left Customs.
They both joined Shehu Musa Yar'adua Group called People's Front of Nigeria PFN.
PFN later merged forcefully with People's Solidarity Party PSP of AZika and the marriage was pronounced by IBB's decree.

Tinubu contested and won a Lagos senatorial election.
But when IBB banned all old generation politicians just to disqualify Yar'adua, Yar'adua put Atiku forward to run for President.
Prior to this time, Tinubu had jettisoned his Senate Presidential ambition to pave way for a Southern President.
At the Jos convention, Abiola and Adedibu had a long meeting with Yar'adua to drop his boy Atiku from the race so that Kingibe would not defeat MKO in the primary.
Yar'adua initially refused until people like Adedibu, Tinubu, Oladipo etc reminded him how they supported him against southerners before IBB disqualified him.
Yar'adua eventually surrendered and Atiku backed down, not willingly.

IN 1999, Atiku won Adamawa Governorship Election, Tinubu won Lagos Governorship Election.
OBJ picked Governor Elect Atiku as running mate, therefore, Atiku never had the opportunity of showing his capabilities to transform Adamawa.
Whereas, Tinubu grabbed the opportunity and turned Lagos to 4th Economy in Africa while Adamawa became a den of terrorism until Buhari dislodged the terror.
Boko haram that terrorised the state was formed in Borno during the regime of OBJ and Atiku but became a global worry under GEJ.

After 2003 election, when Obasanjo was molesting Atiku, Atiku ran to Tinubu his PFN brother for safety, he got it.
Tinubu formed and funded a political party when OBJ technically expelled Atiku from PDP. Tinubu gave Atiku the platform.
However, Atiku left thereafter to rejoin the PDP because Atiku couldn't cope with the little beginning of the AC,
he wanted a ready made party.
Tinubu must have told himself "Atiku is not following Yar'adua's ethics. Yar'adua was never a political olosho", Tinubu’s trust for Atiku evaporated.
And when Atiku lost in the PDP again, he was stranded. Tinubu and Buhari formed APC, immediately Atiku saw APC, he left PDP officially and ran to Tinubu again.
Buhari was afraid that Tinubu would jilt him for his PFN ally, despite many assurances, Buhari was sceptical until after Tinubu kept his promise at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.
That was when Atiku also realised that he has lost Tinubu’s trust!!! Atiku again went back to the PDP after the general elections.

Atiku has been moving in and out of the PDP like a celebrity marriage, whereas Tinubu has never been a PDP man for one day.
Atiku is unstable politically, Tinubu is not just stable, his words are bankable, ask Buhari.
tiku is unlike Shehu Musa Yar'adua, ask Tinubu, ask OBJ and ask Nysome Wike.

2023 has brought the two students of the same teacher into a single contest, who actually got the best training and adhere strictly to it? Who has the magic wand of Tafida?
Nigerians have to make a clear choice between faithfulness or Promiscuity. Between Selflessness and Selfishness.
Between Tinubu’s Lagos Performance and Atiku's VP performance.
Between Tinubu’s ExxonMobil records and Atiku's Customs Records.

Between a Dubai based politician and a Lagos Based National Leader!!!

Sane, honest and hardworking NAIJA YOUTHS,
Get Ready For FEBRUARY 2023.....
Get your PVC NOW.

We Rise.

86 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Sabadon(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
Cassava agbado grin
Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Tonypen247(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2022
H
Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by specialmati(m): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
They should allow this old man rest na. He has served the country and his state during his younger age. Do they want him to die working.

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by MILITO12345(m): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
BETWEEN BEING BATified AND BEING OBIdient. !

"I was on a phone call with a friend and in the end he said he hoped I was "Obidient".

I told him I am actually *"Batified" with no apologies.

He wondered, "How "?

And I wondered back to him, "How not ?"

Without going into d arithmetical impossibility of Obi winning, I asked what was Obi's legacy beyond being frugal ?

And how many countries ever developed by having a frugal leader ?

Did the frugal Julius Nyerere develop or under develope Tanzania ?

My decision on supporting Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is for three reasons:
* First, I don't believe any single leader can transform Nigeria. We are far too crazy for that.
What we need is someone who can build a team that will work for Nigeria even when the president is doing other things. And the only contestant that has a record of identifying and building such great men is the Jagaban, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu.

Obi was governor in Anambra for 8 years, you can't name one single great man he identified and then built.

The only man he made and imposed is ex-Governor Willy Obiano.

But you know what ?
They abandoned each other just after two years.

Is that d man you want to hand Nigeria over to ?
May God forbid bad thing !

** Secondly, I see restructuring and devolution of powers as a major solution to our instability and undevelopment.

This, again, can only be done in partnership with the North, which has majority population and presently seems to benefit from status quo.

So, Northerners would only yield ground to a man they trust, who can make them believe it would favour them also.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar can't do that because, right in his heart, he doesn't believe in it,

Mr. Peter Obi does not even at all have the liver or trust of the North to try it.

So, Obi would just keep complaining, if elected by chance.

This is why, of the trio of TInubu, Atiku and Obi, only Tinubu has the guts, the trust of the North, and can play the right politics to achieve that.

*** Finally, people fought for this democracy but those who colluded with the military were the ones that initially got power in 1999.

This is the first time someone who was an apostle of June 12 and who fought for this democracy has a chance to lead what he fought for.

Atiku and Obi were nowhere during the struggle for democracy.

They will contest this election, lose and congratulate Tinubu.

If they choose to run to the election tribunal it would be within their rights but judgement would be against them.

Thank you. !

They say Tinubu is a thief. That he drove bullion vans into his compound. I ask them whose money did he steal? I ask them whose money is missing, they go mute.

They say Tinubu is a criminal. I ask them which crime he committed and which court in the land convicted him of the crime, they all go mute.

They tell me Tinubu is godfather of Lagos and he is very bad for democracy. I say alright. Wisdom is judged by what it can achieve. Using all known indices of good governance and prosperity, is there any state in Nigeria that can rival Lagos? They cannot tell me. They go mute.

I ask them, don't we all want to be Lagos? They say yes, so I ask them, if Tinubu is the brain behind this Lagos, then why can't we replicate his genius all over the country? They mumble what I can't hear.

They say Tinubu is a Muslim and that is the problem. I ask how? Tinubu's wife is a pastor in a big Pentecostal church. So I ask, how many of them who are Christians have Muslim wives? They can't answer.

I ask again, does Tinubu relate with anybody in Nigeria based on religious belief? They know the answer but they will rather prefer to keep mute.

They say Tinubu is greedy. I say OK. So which of them will be able to elevate their own subordinates to the zenith like Tinubu has done without feeling diminished? They can't tell me.

They say Tinubu is the problem. I say how? Has the man held any position since he left office in 2007? They know the answer but they just can't say.

I ask them, is their any Nigerian alive not holding a government position as influential as Tinubu today? They can't answer.

And so I tell them, there is something this man is doing, there are principles that he is following, there are values that he holds strong that you can't just put down.

There is something about Tinubu. So why not just let him unleash his genius for the benefit of Nigeria?

When I say that, they look at me bewildered. But that is where I stand. And I stand here not because of any other person

Alesta Wilcox a chartered Accountant and a social commentator, may God bless him.Ameen!!
Copied:

61 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Johnrake69: 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Lol... Vote Peter Obi for Presidency.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by frog12: 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
the military show all these people pepper grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by adioolayi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2022
Why the long epistle rebuttals from Atiku's aide. ..

I stopped reading from his point number 2..

We are talking about June 12 struggle....and you agreed your Boss, Atiku, fled the Country because he was marked for assassination...that's fine...it's a sane thing to do..

But, that action shows he went to a safe heaven and those who were part of the June 12 struggle stayed and kept the pressure on.

Summarily, Tinubu participated actively in June 12 struggle..while Atiku fled.

Keyamo wins this

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hornet's nest! The bee shall sting them all.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Kennydoc(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
So Keyamo who supported a government with president who toppled our democracy is here telling us about his effort in restoration of democracy? This guy no well at all.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Jack500: 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2022
Tinubu has been in the fore front of democracy since the '80s.

We need such man that understand democracy at the fore front.

I am BATified

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by 9jaBloke: 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
smiley
Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Wisetrue99: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
politicoNG:

I started a youth movement to prevent the self-succession bid of Abacha & to oppose Kanu who was promoting that bid. We were collecting signatures on the streets to petition the UN when we were picked up by the military junta & detained.
https://twitter.com/omonlakiki/status/1545112743014981634?t=vNsNuBEf3AHrI2jhlr6-Fg&s=19
This is an evidence that Festus Keyamo has finished his apprenticeship under Liar Mohammed

This guy can now lie confidently

Chai! SMH

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by latolz: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
Because any presidential candidate today involved in June 12 should be old enough not to be in the race.. Simple...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by Akerele44(m): 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
I never see ATIKU as a candidate winning election in Nigeria

Who wan vote for Dubai base

When election is approaching he would now come bk home

Chaii

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by oonyeoma50: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
Our incoming President and Vice President of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle by domDva(m): 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2022
So basically we can resurrect Anthony Enahoro of the famous Nadeco to come and be president in 2023 because he fought against Abacha ?
Keyamo is talking rubbish because he is now benefiting from the system , something that Gani would never have done.

If he was offered a position during Abacha days he would have accepted and defended Abacha with his blood.

Keyamo has no honour and should not be taken serious .

17 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Uduaghan Must Go To Jail' Protest At Delta State Government House (Pics) / Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? / Kano Assembly Passes Ganduje’s Emirates Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.