Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward (3078 Views)

Hate Him Or Love Him, Jonathan Has Left Giant Footprints In Eternity's Sands Of / Jonathan Remains The Best Man To Move Nigeria Forward – David Mark / Your Top 10 Nigerian Leaders That Must Be Sacrificed For Naija To Move Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by mellow(m): 10:23am On Aug 19, 2007
You lost me there. How can you say the Nigeria leaders lack ideas? They

got Ideas but they are negative ones. It takes a man with Idea to embezzle

public fund and transfer it abroad for save keeping. What the average Nigerian

need to do is to stop worshipping money and wealth.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2007
Is this not the same thing as running around in circles? How can you have good ideas and lack means of implementing them? undecided
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by mellow(m): 11:09am On Aug 19, 2007
Exactly my sentiment. They don't have ideas and remember that

it takes lesser ingenuity to implement wrong or bad ideas.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by Seun(m): 11:16am On Aug 19, 2007
Whether or not the politicians want to more forward, we in the private sector will continue to march forward. $$ wink
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by mellow(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2007
Seun:

Whether or not the politicians want to more forward, we in the private sector will continue to march forward. $$ wink

Don't you think that the backwardness of the public sector will one way or the other affect the private sectors?[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2007
mellow:

Don't you think that the backwardness of the public sector will one way or the other affect the private sectors?[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

Hello!!!! No man is an Island.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by mellow(m): 12:23pm On Aug 19, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Hello!!!! No man is an Island.

Help me tell Seun. He seems to be of the opinion that

one tree can make a forest.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2007
mellow:

Help me tell Seun. He seems to be of the opinion that

one tree can make a forest.
[/color][color=#990000]

Its okay! We all go through different phases in life. When we think the "going" is good. When hard times hit---we make adjustments. Like I always say -----------------e go reach every body turn. grin
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by chidichris(m): 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2007
Seun,
i want to make it point clear here that as long as nigeria is concerned, there will not be any forward move by the private sector without the consent of the public sector.
we live in a country where individual rights has no place in practise. where police mearnt to be for the security of lives and property has turned to be the no 1 threat.
we are living in a country where the government ban almost everything and use foreign things that are surposed to be contra banned in public and private offices.
the laws and policies governing the private sectors are made by the public sectors.
any move(s) to overlook the public sector will amount to treason.
the only and best way forward for nigeria is God's intervention especially in the public sectors - aso rock in particular.
who is saying scams and robberies will ever stop in nigeria when politicians get richer and richer everyday. when the only way voters benefit from their candidates will be the negative ways of threats and possibly turning them into preys.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2007
Na your own you dey talk oh! I say e go reach everyone turn. The man no problem at all. grin
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by Afam(m): 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2007
PTH:

Grow up buddy, this is an anonymous forum for debate not a place for immature wimps to go searching for non-existent "meaningless premises" and snooping around for misinformation. Sorry but i wont be joining you in turning this thread into another "misinformation" hunt.

If you can't knuckle down and see issues without using the prism of iindividual bias then have fun on your own.

When someone lies about something and it is pointed out with evidence the only sensible thing to do is acknowledge the lie and apologise to the people he/she is trying to mislead not playing with words and wasting peoples time.

The main issue in the article is the inability of Nigerians to accept their mistakes and in you we are seeing a typical example.

Accepting your mistake won't kill you, it is not a criminal offense? Or, is lying something you can't do without?
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2007
Afam:

When someone lies about something and it is pointed out with evidence the only sensible thing to do is acknowledge the lie and apologise to the people he/she is trying to mislead not playing with words and wasting peoples time.

The main issue in the article is the inability of Nigerians to accept their mistakes and in you we are seeing a typical example.

Accepting your mistake won't kill you, it is not a criminal offense? Or, is lying something you can't do without?

wahala!!!!
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by Bankole01(m): 3:38pm On Aug 19, 2007
@Afam:

Old buddy its been some time that we had a good and meaningful discuss.
Us old timers just dey tanda watchall de small pikin dem dey fight small boy and gal fight. (NINs and NIDs)

True the government is made up of ordinarily foible people like us. In Nigeria however the government had taken on a uniquely supernatural garb.
The cronyism and sycophancy endemic in goverment has turned it to a 'good old boys' club where the people have been completely forgotten in the scheme of things. This is why we have the 'government' and the 'people' divide!

The people (citizens) have come to think of government in third party sense. with a life all its own and alien to the asperations of the people, the 'goverment can no longer have any correlation to the 'people'

This however is not uniquely a trait seen in Nigeria only. It is very common in underdevelped and corrupt nations, where the elitist attitude of the leaders has done a lot to alienate the governed.
In a nation top heavy and over-regulated, what do you expected the over-burdened adn oppressed populace to feel of their oppressors? It is true that common people have turned to become oppressors of their brothers and sisters.
you cannot go anywhere in Lagos now, without some misguided person in uniform trying to extort money out of you.
The police don't even know what their duties are besides collecting money at the illegal barricades. From local councils to wards, every worker is now garbed in some form of ill-fitting uniforms, anf the primary purpose in to extort the man on the street.

These redundancy was broght about by the 'government' abdicating its duties and relegating to the uninformed., unelected riggers in 'government'. Their quest being more aquisition of wealth at the detriment of the 'people'

The only avenue now left for the poeple to vent, is through criticism. Sometimes unreasonable, it still remains their only form of getting back at the hydra headed monster called 'goverment'
As optimistic as we are or want to be, the monster (government) has become a vampire that sucks the very life out of the people they were sworn to serve!!!!

Yes I concur it will take eternity for nigeria to move forward unless the 'people' dicides to have balls and take the reign of 'goverment' back "to the people and for the people".
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2007
Good talk Banky---the problem is how, when we have collectively gone "comatose"? undecided
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by Bankole01(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Good talk Banky---the problem is how, when we have collectively gone "comatose"? undecided

A no sabi o!! a bi NID wey jus dey siddon look. de "pekelemesi" (peculiar mess) in Nigeria is a creation of 'government'. The last adminstration of Obasanjo, more so than at any time in the anals of NIgeria's mis-rulers.
With so many billions of dollars accrued to Nigeria in tha last eight years, we still have almost no improvement in the lives of the 'people'. What then do the people have to commend the 'government on
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by naijaking1: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2007
@Afam

Good post sir, but I'm afraid your squabble with people like PTH will divert attention from this excellent and all important thread.

@Babeelove
It's scary how you tend to write everything I'm thinking about. Admirations!!!
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by Backslider(m): 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2007
Police Police. is the solution.
We must have the police that is domestic.

Our security most be owned by the people. We dont have good police system.

I was just listening to Paul Kigame and said that he stripped the ELITE OF THEIR RIGHT TO ENTILEMENTS.

THE POLITICIANS ARE ALWAYS REWARDED AND THEY ARE EXPECTED TO REPAY THE CIVILIANS THAT THEY CONTROL.

THE POLICE THAT PUT THEIR LIVES AT RISK ARE NOT TRAINED PEOPLE EXPECT NOTHING FROM THEM YOU WILL NOT PRAY THAT YOU HAVE A POLICE MAN AS YOUR TENANT.

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THE POLICE MAN TO DO IN THIS CASE?

I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE JUST IN DOING THE THINGS THEY DO. BUT GIVE THEM CARROT AND THEY USE THE STICK WHEN YOU SEE THEY GO WRONG.

THE POLICE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE HIGHEST POINT OF THE CIVIL HIERARCHY. IT IS IS THE FAILURE THAT BRINGS THE ARMY AND OTHER VICES.

GO AND LOOK AT ROME YOU WILL SEE HOW THAT RULED.

POLICING SHOULD BE INDIGINEOUS
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by PTH(m): 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2007
@ backslider, the police is a product of the bigger problem and not the problem
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by Afam(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2007
@naijaking1,

Thanks, honestly, I worry too much whenever I come across anyone that finds it difficult to accept mistakes, such a person will do anything to cover such mistakes and it is a dangerous thing. No one is perfect and we should be bold enough to accept responsibilities of our actions whether right or wrong.

@Bankole01,

Me sef I tire for this NIN vs NID war, even sef another one don come UN with different versions - UNIN and UNID.

My main worry today in Nigeria is that the average person whether in office or out of office find it difficult to say things as they are, this might appear as a small issue but herein lies the major problem.

How can you solve a problem many do not even agree exist in the first place?

Of course the government is made up of the same Nigerians, same thinking, same style and with these facts can we really hope to see the eldorado in our time?
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by naijaking1: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2007
There continues to be a raging arguement about the reason for failure of most former British colonies.

Everyone agrees that the British laid the foundation of most people's independence on very shaky grounds-- purposely or not.

However, more than 40 years after Independence, Nigeria and other countries ought to have learnt some lesson and be in a position to move their people forward. That has not always happened.

Historically, naija people looked at governments as "British people", so during the fight for indepepndence, it became fashionable to steal, sabotage, or even vandalize government properties as a way to "silently fighting" the white man.

Unfortunately, after the white man left, Nigerians forgot to change their attitude towards even their own government.

The result: most naija people don't see themselves as part of the government. It remains ok to steal from the government, "because, it's just government money"

Government money, property is nobody's money.

The issue of cover-up is simply an extention of corruption, nobody wants to admit mistake, even for academic and corrective purposes.

Many people in naija and abroad know what's wrong with naija and how to fix, but there is no political will at the moment.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by PTH(m): 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2007
No nation built on the principle of divide-and-rule has ever suceeded. Nigeria will not miraculously become an exception overnight.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by naijaking1: 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2007
Now we're talking.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by maryray(f): 4:05am On Aug 20, 2007
u seem like a very thoughtful person. Honestly i didnt know people like u still exist but come to think of this we are also mumus. We travel to other people's countries we should unite with ourselves and also ignor, mock and challenge those other white people that give us problems, after all the countries that they are so proud of is not theirs. it is just countries that they went to becos earlier in europe they had nothing with everything being controlled by their so called "gentry's", so when they managed to leave their poverty starved country and some other people's prosperous ones, they went there and of course due t insecurity treat u like trash and make u think u are inferior to them. My dear they are making us prisoners of negative psychology. But as God 4 heaven live, they go topple break their head for other people's peace of mind and happiness that they have stolen. Yhis guys are PREDATORS.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2007
maryray:

u seem like a very thoughtful person. Honestly i didnt know people like u still exist but come to think of this we are also mumus. We travel to other people's countries we should unite with ourselves and also ignor, mock and challenge those other white people that give us problems, after all the countries that they are so proud of is not theirs.

it is just countries that they went to because earlier in europe they had nothing with everything being controlled by their so called "gentry's", so when they managed to leave their poverty starved country and some other people's prosperous ones, they went there and of course due t insecurity treat u like trash and make u think u are inferior to them. My dear they are making us prisoners of negative psychology. But as God 4 heaven live, they go topple break their head for other people's peace of mind and happiness that they have stolen. Yhis guys are PREDATORS.

Spoken like a real 1-post member !!! Please go on! grin
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by PTH(m): 1:57am On Aug 21, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Spoken like a real 1-post member !!! Please go on! grin

with 791 posts you are yet to make sense even once! Not counting other wastes of space like your pseudonyms militia and baby glow.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2007
PTH:

with 791 posts you are yet to make sense even once! Not counting other wastes of space like your pseudonyms militia and baby glow.

he he he he he he! Don't worry, I have reported you to the cops! Your end is very near! grin Ye ye fowl!
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by PTH(m): 4:08am On Aug 21, 2007
BABEELOVE:

he he he he he he! Don't worry, I have reported you to the cops! Your end is very near! grin Ye ye fowl!

Foolish woman err sorry child. grin Na only police you fit report to? why dont you tell the FBI and EFCC too. Silly tramp.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by BABEELOVE(f): 4:21am On Aug 21, 2007
PTH:

Foolish woman err sorry child. grin Na only police you fit report to? why don't you tell the FBI and EFCC too. Silly tramp.

he he he he he he! grin

tramp lover!
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by naijaking1: 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2007
PTH:

No nation built on the principle of divide-and-rule has ever suceeded. Nigeria will not miraculously become an exception overnight.

@PTH

Before you start a love fight with Babeelove, you made an important remark about divide and rule, I was interested in having you elaborate on that.
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by PTH(m): 6:49pm On Aug 21, 2007
naijaking1:

@PTH

Before you start a love fight with Babeelove, you made an important remark about divide and rule, I was interested in having you elaborate on that.

take a good look at most African nations embroiled in "ethnic" strife for the last 30 yrs, what do you think has been the common denominator?
Look at the distribution of homogenous ethnic groups in Africa, for example Yorubas divided between Nigeria and Benin Republic, Hausas divided between Niger, Nigeria, Chad e.t.c.

Now have you ever wonder why NO NATION in Europe has 2 or more major ethnically diverse groups? Have you considered what a nation with Russians in the north, Arabs in the south-south, Germans in the west and Jews in the east would look like?
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by naijaking1: 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2007
@PTH

I wonder!

If we were to creat a Yoruba nation for example, it would likely strectch from Ore to Benin Republic. The question is, do you think such an entity would be more progressive, sophisticated, and competitive with other tribal nation states?
Re: Why It May Take Eternity For Nigeria To Move Forward by PTH(m): 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2007
naijaking1:

@PTH

I wonder!

If we were to creat a Yoruba nation for example, it would likely strectch from Ore to Benin Republic. The question is, do you think such an entity would be more progressive, sophisticated, and competitive with other tribal nation states?

The fact that the last time we were classified as one of the world's fastest growing economies was during the regional system of governance conclusively proves that on our own, the yoruba's would have been one of the most powerful nations in Africa today.

Imagine what would have been in 1979 if we had Obafemi Awolowo as president instead of the inept Shagari? Imagine what would have been if we did not have to contend with a Yakubu Gowon, Babangida, Abacha? What would we have been in 1993 if Abiola had been president?
But for the North Olu Falae would have been president in 1999. What would we have been if the likes of Gani Fawehinmi could confidently either contest for president or be made justice minister without the wahala of federal character?

Oh how wonderful it will be if we could apply to schools of our choice without JAMB and its quota system?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benin Exp Way Masacre( Where Are We Going To In Nigeria) [[Hoax]] / Ghana Visit: You Wont Believe What Buhari's Spokesman Tweeted (screenshots) / Deduction Of Stamp Duties From Savings Account By Diamond Bank PLC Is Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.