Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,379 members, 7,815,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party (2595 Views)

Why I Cannot Work With Labour Party, Sowore Opens Up / New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation / SDP Disowns Omisore’s Alliance With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Eddygourdo(m): 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2022
Latest News

2023: SDP forms alliance with Labour Party

The Social Democratic Party in Benue State has gone into alliance with the Labour Party in preparation for the forthcoming general election.

Chairman of the Social Democratic Party, John Enemari, who disclosed this on Monday, said the leadership of his party had given directives to all party chairmen, its executives at the 276 electoral wards and the 23 local government areas to support the Labour Party for good governance to revamp the socioeconomic fortunes of the people in Benue State.

Speaking at a news conference in Makurdi where he led members of its executive across the three senatorial zones and council wards in the state, Enemari charged them to go and build the Labour Party and support its candidates.

“The man that is coming is a young man that has done very well in his constituency. This is his fourth time at the National Assembly, House of Representatives; once you mention his name, they will tell you they know him. My people are calling me, ‘Chairman, where do you want us to go?’ I said, ‘Look, wait, I met with him and we spoke, so my people we are going to work with him’ (Herman Hembe).” 

The SDP boss in the state said the crisis at the national level has destabilised the party in all the states of the federation, which he said, led to having factions in the party.

Enemari said the time had come when the party in the state had to take its future in its hand, accusing the national leadership of the party of sweeping the state office of several millions of naira generated from aspirants in the build-up to the 2019 general election.

“We  cannot continue to suffer for them at the national office; the national office ripped close to N100 million from the Benue SDP in 2018 but no one kobo was sent to us to work for the party and by the party constitution we were supposed to get not less than N75 million from the sales of forms in accordance with the party’s constitution, Section 72(2), but these people in Abuja sat on it. 

“In a party, if you don’t win election, what do you do? Now they are in court. Let them continue. Benue is not a revenue yielding state for them. Benue now needs good governance; we cannot remain idle. We must work with those with integrity to deliver the state,” Enemari said.

Before concluding on the Labour Party, Enemari said the state leadership had  consulted with other parties like the APC, the PDP, but said it  didn’t work out.

“Since we did not have a governorship candidate, we have decided to give our full support and to ensure that Labour Parry wins in Benue State and salvage the state from the infrastructural deficit and failed promises,” he said.

Meanwhile, the governorship candidate, Heman Hembe, expressed happiness with the alliance.

Speaking through his senior legislative aide, Jude Nyor, Hembe said the SDP was a good party that understood where the country was moving and called other parties in the state to join the Labour Party.

https://www.reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/2023-sdp-forms-alliance-with-labour-party

3 Likes

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Kingspin(m): 7:44pm On Jul 11, 2022
Imagine voting for Tinubu or Atkiu when AFDB, president Akinwumi Adesina is contesting.

Save Nigeria now, remove region and support a sound candidate for once.

5 Likes

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Eddygourdo(m): 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
Over the coming days and weeks , we should expect more alliances with the Labour Party. The structure less people's party.

I pity people like sowore, who won't be wise enough to join the moving train of progressives. This is the last chance he has to be taken seriously amongst the youths.

14 Likes

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by TimFisher2: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
undecided

Muslim Muslim ticket will end Christians in Nigeria

If they start killing Christians in droves...Who will you complain to?

God forbid!...my vote is for the future of my children and Christians all over the country including Benue, Jos, Taraba and Zamfara, Bornu and Kaduna

10 Likes

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Viscuz: 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
Reject APC completely

They are Bokoharam Haram and Bokoharam is APC

11 Likes

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Dereformer(m): 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2022
It is a raging storm.

#Obidientand Yusuful
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
Peter Obi in bornu state .... underrate him at your own peril ... cool

See d under cover jagaban with him chaii grin

5 Likes

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Vulturereloaded: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
Anything for a productive Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by IamWonderful: 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2022
Pandora Peter OBItuary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by SHINJA: 7:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
Wonderful...Let's kick terrorists out of Nigeria

God bless southsouth and southwest
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by midehi2(f): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2022
They will see disappointment next election, shock of shockers cheesy
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 11, 2022
IamWonderful:
Pandora Peter OBItuary

Are you no shame ....guy use ur brain don't be a zombie haa when are we going to grow guy see beyond tribal and religion politics for once let get it right is for our own Good as things be like this you like am ...may God help us

1 Like

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 11, 2022
Now we are getting started

1 Like

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by VoteTinubu2023: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2022
SDP, Benue state with less than 500 members. cheesy

Vote Tinubu-Shettima 2023. Vote APC.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by IamWonderful: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2022
Jesse25:

Are you no shame ....guy use ur brain don't be a zombie haa when are we going to grow guy see beyond tribal and religion politics for once let get it right is for our own Good as things be like this you like am ...may God help us
Shut up sluggard, I didn't ask for your comments, I didn't mention you, support your whosoever, leave me with my opinion

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by SmellyNyash: 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2022
Dey said that we don't have structure but we the youth are forming an indomitable and formidable structures. Dem go hear us grin grin

Smellynyash!!!!

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Penguin2: 8:01pm On Jul 11, 2022
Benue governorship contest is between Fr Alia and Herman Hembe.

Uba of PDP will come distant third.

1 Like

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by MMWandali: 9:15pm On Jul 11, 2022
Ok
Keep watching closely
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by jom28gy(m): 9:56pm On Jul 11, 2022
Very good development
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Vote4Obi: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

You will cry blood, this is just morning!
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by techWriter3: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
accept APC completely They are Bokoharam Haram and Bokoharam is APC
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Ikpaitid: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2022
Losers
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by seunmsg(m): 10:36pm On Jul 11, 2022
One can’t help but laugh at some of the news they now celebrate on social media. So, Herman Hembe, the elder brother of Hembe Okuma is now the person to revamp Benue state? Are you guys kidding me or what?
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Vistra40: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
seunmsg:
One can’t help but laugh at some of the news they now celebrate on social media. So, Herman Hembe, the elder brother of Hembe Okuma is now the person to revamp Benue state? Are you guys kidding me or what?

You still think people are gonna vote for party? Many benue people will vote for LP at the presidential and APC for the governorship. Know this and brace up.
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by kponkedenge(m): 12:15am On Jul 12, 2022
Okay

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by ScamHunter: 1:08am On Jul 12, 2022
Go go go boys. Keep stacking them up. Obi presidency must happen.
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by ScamHunter: 1:09am On Jul 12, 2022
SmellyNyash:
Dey said that we don't have structure but we the youth are forming an indomitable and formidable structures. Dem go hear us grin grin

Smellynyash!!!!

This Tinubu must be close to 90

1 Like

Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Kwem(m): 4:50am On Jul 12, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:

we're aware they're less than 500. But they are going and maging together now cheesy

I have always been skeptical about the love of one MFer that always shouting our darling nation and daddy, dude never stand for anything good or truth in his entire life.
He represent what he supports. Watch how he's shifted his support from prof osibanjo to druggie because the Prof failed to get the ticket of which he knew he was short changed because of corruption. What happened to your dignity if actually you have one..?
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Kwem(m): 4:54am On Jul 12, 2022
Penguin2:
Benue governorship contest is between Fr Alia and Herman Hembe.

Uba of PDP will come distant third.
as of now the only valid contesting candidates is between hembe and uba. If not for zoning, Hembe is going to win with less stress cool

Fr Ali still having crisis because of APCshit grin
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Nobody: 5:16am On Jul 12, 2022
[quote author=IamWonderful post=114638276]Shut up sluggard, I didn't ask for your comments, I didn't mention you, support your whosoever, leave me with my opinion [/quote

Ok sell ur candidate to me ...tell me y I should vote for him
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Penguin2: 8:11am On Jul 12, 2022
Kwem:
as of now the only valid contesting candidates is between hembe and uba. If not for zoning, Hembe is going to win with less stress cool

Fr Ali still having crisis because of APCshit grin

Yea.

But all that will be sorted by Friday when APC HQ sends a candidate to INEC.
Re: SDP Forms Alliance With Labour Party by Kwem(m): 9:59am On Jul 12, 2022
Penguin2:

Yea.

But all that will be sorted by Friday when APC HQ sends a candidate to INEC.
labour party and Hembe will still give them a run ....

(1) (Reply)

Tonye Princewill For Rivers State Governor / Oil Producing Communities In Bayelsa Stat Want Basopadec. / Air Force Fighter Plane Crashes In Gboko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.