Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me (26735 Views)

Femi Gbajabiamila Meets Man Whose Keke Has A Fan, Audio System And Refreshments / Femi Gbajabiamila’s Daughter Shares Intimate Picture With Her Boyfriend / Femi Gbajabiamila Buys N38M G-wagon For His Wife, Salamatu (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by dre11(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2022

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Femi Gbajabimila, has recalled how Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, betrayed him in his earlier quest to be the Speaker. [/b]He said despite supporting Tambuwal to emerge Speaker of the House in 2011, [b]the Sokoto governor abandoned him and lined behind Yakubu Dogara in 2015. Gbajabiamila disclosed this in a recent book – Mr Speaker: The Legislative Life, Service And Resilience of Femi Gbajabiamila – written by two of his aides, Dr Charles Omole and Musa Abdullahi Krishi. Narrating Gbajabiamila’s disappointment with Tambuwal’s decision to work against Gbajabiamila’s quest to be the speaker in 2015, the authors wrote: “One good turn, it’s often said, deserves another.

However, that seemed not to be the case between Tambuwal and Gbajabiamila when it was time for the Surulere 1 Federal Constituency lawmaker to have his own turn as a Speaker in 2015, following the victory of the APC at the polls. Tambuwal did not only oppose him, he also ensured that Yakubu Dogara defeated the man that first conceived the idea for him (Tambuwal) to be Speaker.

“Not only did Gbajabiamila work for Tambuwal’s emergence in 2011, he also stood by him through thick and thin throughout the four-year tenure. For example, when there were attempts by the then executive arm to remove Tambuwal, following his defection to the APC, Gbajabimila, along with like-minded, had to scale the National Assembly gate to access the House chamber in order to forestall the plot. “Coming to 2015, with all the sacrifices that Gbajabiamila made for Tambuwal, it was taken for granted that the (now) Sokoto State governor would support him to emerge Speaker. But the outgoing Speaker had another plan – to have Dogara succeed him.” Giving an insight into how Tambuwal stabbed him in the back, Gbajabiamila opened up: “When the time came for the speakership election, it was taken for granted.

I didn't even lose any sleep over who Tambuwal was supporting; he had become widely popular in the House at the time. “He was close to my family. So, we were surprised when we started hearing little things here and there. Even when I started hearing that he was supporting someone else, I thought it was not true, until I found out that it was true. He never told me. Even when I asked him, he said it was impossible. Such was the height of treachery.

“Don’t forget that beyond speakership, there were about seven to eight of us that started the Tambuwal project for president, and came very close to clinching the ticket. We supported him fully. We met every night till 2, 3, 4 in the morning.” Gbajabimila was most disappointed in Tambuwal’s move to block him from becoming House leader after losing the speakership to Dogara. He lamented that; “Even to be House leader, Tambuwal opposed that as well. So, at that time in my head, I was like, there is something this guy (Tambuwal) is not telling me. You have gotten the speakership. That is the Dogara you wanted: you are now resisting my being leader? Be that as it may, I was patient enough and even gained more experience in those four years. Has Gbajabiamila any regrets? “I don’t have regrets. I followed my heart and conscience. I will do it again if

I feel it’s in the greater interest of the country: if an Igbo man would serve us better or a northerner would serve us better. I would take aside all these parochial things and go for what is in the best interest of the country. On how he turned down pressure to run with Dogara as his deputy: “Yes, Monguno was my choice as deputy and we had started working.

I had presented him to the whole world, presented him to the party as my choice. It came down to negotiation time and Dogara came to the party to ask to be deputy – to step down and ask to be deputy. “The party called me because it was even a mock election at the time. The chairman and all the executives of the party and members were there. I said, well, it has nothing to do with me. Monguno was the choice of the North East, and it will be the North East that will have to determine or decide whether they wanted to drop Monguno. It wasn’t my prerogative.

The second time, I believe, it was Governor Yari and Tambuwal; they tried to broker a deal, that I should drop Monguno and have Dogara deputise me. I could not bring myself to dumping someone I had been working with, and I told them that they should go and talk to Monguno, not me; and that if Monguno accepted, so be it. “I was not brought up that way. I could easily have done that, but I wasn’t going to do it. So, I was ready to sink or swim with my partner at the time. That’s exactly what happened.”

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/how-tambuwal-betrayed-me-gbajabiamila/

15 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Fahdiga(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2022
It seems Tambuwal is a serial betrayer going by what we have seen about him. He did that same thing to both GEJ and Wike.

212 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by temitope27(m): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2022
Fahdiga:
K
see how u rush here, am expecting u to say rubbish as usual

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by duduade: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2022
But you were brought up to hold on to suruleres seat like it's your generation inheritance

Tufiakwa

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Maxymilliano(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2022
And what should the suffering masses do about this

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Honjoshy4u: 7:28am On Jul 13, 2022
Gbaja is part of those that foolishly convinced Tinubu to pick a muslim Boko Haram sympathiser as running mate but the good news is that sane Nigerians from all divide will betray you and your evil old greedy master by 2023.

Say NO to muslim-muslim devilish ticket

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Truthisunique2: 7:28am On Jul 13, 2022
Fahdiga:
It seems Tambuwal is a serial betrayer going by what we have seen about him. He did that same thing to both GEJ and Wike.
Baba is only fulani doing fulani agenda

Fulani over all interest comes before friendship

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by ExplorerReturns(m): 7:29am On Jul 13, 2022
Fahdiga:

It is not tambuwal thing but a Fulani and nothern thing.

I don't know why it is hard for yorubas and other Southerners to understand that the north will always support their own first before others. Even though dogora was a christain, he was still rated above a Yoruba Muslim(femi) in tambuwal(and any other northerner) scale of preference.

Jonathan was thought this same lesson when his party chairman muazu supported and voted buhari against Jonathan.

Same happened to wike with tambuwal.

Same is happening to tinubu in adamawa with APC governorship candidates using atiku PDP images on their posters and billboards.

Tinubu will soon understand that even choosing a Muslim running mate will not make nothern Muslims vote for him when atiku and kwankwaso is on the ballot.
Kelsmatuc:
I am telling u ....Tinubu should have gone for a Christian in d north.....he will still win. Forget all dis shouts about Muslims won't vote a Christian....na pure lie

I am sure that even ganduje,el rufai,maisari and shettima will vote atiku or kwankwaso in their polling unit

Automate your hotel room booking business and eliminate fraud with this complete hotel management system with ability of guests to make and pay for reservation online. Designed to make life easier for Nigeria hotel owners.

Also comes with an Android app and lots of features. Click the link on my signature for complete details and demo

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Mynd44: 7:30am On Jul 13, 2022
Basically, Tambuwal has "betrayed" people who helped him

He betrayed PDP
He betrayed GEJ
He betrayed Gbajabiamila
He betrayed APC
He betrayed wike.

A consistent person. You have to appreciate him

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Mandate2023: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2022
Tambuwal does not have any good records rather than betraying southerners for his fellow northerners

I remember then when gbaja told him he wishes him best of luck as dey will meet in d future

196 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 13, 2022
APC matter no concern us. Peter Obi and Labour party are our priorities.

16 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Blackazuma99(m): 7:34am On Jul 13, 2022
NOBODY WEY THAT FULANI TAMBUWAL NO DEY BETRAY.....
THE WAY THEM GO USE BETRAY QM FOR 2023 NOBODY GO TELL AM...
WIKE GAVE HIM 500M HE STILL BETRAYED HIM...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Fiscus105(m): 7:34am On Jul 13, 2022
Fulani are not intelligent, yet they keep dealing with rest of the nation, people dnt want you but only interested in ur resources, but you guys keep running after them, singing united country.

Until you guys do the needful, you will keep on serving jihadists the slave master in ur own country.

Tinubu is the next to teach a bitter lesson by Fulani, I wish he would be alive to lick his painful wound for long time.

15 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Moh247: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2022
cool

Na Fulani way be that

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by ChiefOloye(m): 7:34am On Jul 13, 2022
This is Gbajabiamila scaling fence in defence of Tambuwal.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by kerry57: 7:35am On Jul 13, 2022
Tambuwal is a big time betrayal and a tribal bigot anytime if u ever care to follow his political history. Na him kukuma fit southern politicians.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by inoki247: 7:35am On Jul 13, 2022
You people betraying each oda dey most of allna blood.....

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by FastSecure88: 7:36am On Jul 13, 2022

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by vastolord4(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2022
Nonsense people

1 Like

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by phygo89(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2022
Politics is a game of interest

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by BESTScientist1: 7:36am On Jul 13, 2022
You'd better repent because the time to be punished has come. All APC members supporting Muslim Muslim Ticket

5 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by akanbiaa(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2022
Okay
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by DiffIsClear3: 7:36am On Jul 13, 2022
canusanunu:
Support your BAT in peace and leave northern Christian's alone mr. Speaker.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Jinity1: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
T
Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by emmabest2000(m): 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
temitope27:
see how u rush here, am expecting u to say rubbish as usual

Truth is bitter grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Hotfreezer: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
canusanunu:
Support your BAT in peace and leave northern Christian's alone mr. Speaker.

Is Tambuwal a Northern Christian or what nonsense are you even saying?

3 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by crestedaguiyi: 7:37am On Jul 13, 2022
Turn by turn politicians

2 Likes

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 13, 2022
Reinaldo:
APC matter no concern us. Peter Obi and Labour party are our priorities.

See why they call you Obi fans terrorists? Why must you comment about Obi in a thread that does not concern him at all?

You people are fundamentalists who do not acknowledge boundaries at all. You are all vile bigots and terrorists.

190 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Gbajabiamila: How Tambuwal Betrayed Me by kingBolton: 7:39am On Jul 13, 2022
Politics is a game of interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Navy And Soldiers Disrupt Polls In Ikorodu, Mile 12, Others / nairaland POLITICS / Kogi Gov Yahaya Bello Spotted in the midst of Masquerades At Anyigba (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.