Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda (35776 Views)

Gbajabiamila: I Regret Supporting Tambuwal For Speaker In 2011 / I Was Offered 100 Million To Step Down Says Teacher Who Defeated Yobe Speaker / 3rd Term Agenda: President Buhari's Supporters Start Movement (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by hisexcellency34: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
LAGOS – Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila has revealed that he was offered the sum of N100 million during the 5th national assembly in order to support a Third Term agenda for the former president, Olusegun Obasanjo.

He stated this in his book ‘MR SPEAKER: The legislative life, service, and resilience of Femi Gbajabiamila’ written by Charles Omole and Musa Krishi and forwarded by Chief Emeka Anyaoku, former Commonwealth Secretary-General.

In a copy sighted by DAILY INDEPENDENT, Gbajabiamila said while other lawmakers were offered N50m to support an amendment to the constitution that will accommodate the Third term agenda, he was offered N100m which he rejected.

Asked about his best moments as a lawmaker, Gbajabiamila was unequivocal in his choice. He was unapologetic about the role he played in killing the Third Term Agenda. “My best moment as a lawmaker? The death of Third Term”, he said repeatedly to drive home his point.

He continued “The day it was pronounced dead, because like I told you, we had sleepless nights. We were meeting; we got a place in Asokoro, hidden somewhere. We’d start our meetings sometimes at 11 at night and leave there at 4 am in the morning. Can’t remember how many of us. It was a risk to life. It was a risk to life".

“So, the day it was pronounced dead, was a happy day; it was a relief to me. I was a free man. Look, I was offered inducement, at that time, by one of the major proponents of Third Term, I think at this point, I wouldn’t mention his name, but a major player in this country.

“Whilst they were offering members N50 million, I was offered double. An N100m at that time, and you know what N100m was, which, of course, I turned down. I say that just for you to understand the pressure: financial, mental, and physical pressure. We had no other job in the House except Third Term, the constitutional amendment”.

“So, for me, unfortunately as noble as that work was, the best time was the day it died, not the Third Term itself, but the day it was killed on the floor” Gbajabiamila recollected with some relief.
https://independent.ng/i-was-offered-n100m-to-support-third-term-agenda-gbajabiamila/

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by Bugie16: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2022
We also want you to reject a Drug Lord from becoming the president of Nigeria.

240 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by GreyLaw(m): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2022
And you are just saying it?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by helinues: 4:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
All liars names have been removed from those going to heaven. Na ISS straight

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by bennybuhari: 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2022
In a better clime, Obasanjo should be in jail by now. Wasted money on 3rd term yet Lagos Ibadan expressway was not touched by him. Evil man

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by Bugie16: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
Nigerians will never vote a Drug Lord.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by Morgan9(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
Go and tell that to the birds.
Useless man.
U and that iragbiji bastard would soon be relegated to where u both belong.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by javaguru: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
we will be alive to hear them as they unfold

no b Nigeria again

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by javaguru: 4:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
KingofAnambra:
OPEN LETTER to all Nigerian Muslims:

Do you know that,

In the Southeast, there has never been any
- Igbo Muslim Governor *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim deputy Governor *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim Speaker of house of Reps *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim Deputy Speaker *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim Attorney General *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim Senator *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim House of Reps member *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim Commissioner *NEVER
- Igbo Muslim Local government chairman *NEVER

since 1999 when democracy started till today.

Yet we Igbos are the ones championing all kinds of hate and propaganda against Muslim/Muslim ticket of Tinubu/Shettima but in our own region, we only vote Christian/Christian ticket, even when there are Igbo Muslims among us. We hate and ostracize them completely. Then you have the guts to say nobody should vote for Muslim/Muslim ticket?

Even Kaduna that is a core Muslim state has had Christian Governor and Christian deputy governor before since 1999, and Christians holding several major political posts across the North.

Nigerian Muslims wake up now and vote for Tinubu /Shettima for presidency 2023. Don't let Muslim haters blackmail you with lies. Defend your religion. Being a Muslim is not a crime.

Sincerely,
Igbo Christian man from Nnewi, Anambra!
whats ur point actually

54 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by RenaissanceGuy: 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
₦100m as far back as 2006? Anyway, it really shows how much most of you legislooters had already stolen before then.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by ExplorerReturns(m): 4:35pm On Jul 13, 2022
Nigeria leaders are really not patriotic.
If you don't have a hotel website or you have a hotel with at least 15 rooms you might want to automate and digitalize the room booking process. I have written a script that can be hosted online or that can run on a localhost which will enable you manage your hotel. This script comes with amazing features I know you will definitely like because it was specifically built to solve the problem of Nigerian hotels. Check the link on my signature to see more details and demo in action
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by sleek214(m): 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Lies.
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by BigDawsNet: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Why were you sent to prison?

embarassed Bribery.

undecided And how did you get out after just a month?

lipsrsealed What do you think?

Welcome to Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by AchichaMmuo: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
Truth be told, Obasanjo is arguably the best civilian president, post military era. He had the best Ministers in the history of this country, and duly observed a true federal character in his appointments, unlike the appointments the man we have now made. The third term for pay us, if not for anything, the man we have now for no smell the presidency.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by bennybuhari: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2022
mumu. so you know more than him, abi?
sleek214:
Lies.
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by Jack500: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
I can see some he-goats up there lambasting Gbajabiamila for supporting Tinubu, is it your father that he should support?

Your obituary will never rule Nigeria.

And most of you better start finding your way to the lagoon to end your miserable lifes because Tinubu is the next president.

The Ipob swines attacks anyone not supporting thier obituary, you never see anything, we will give you fire for fire on this forum.

Asiwaju on your mandate

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by ipobarecriminals: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
shocked
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by IamNat: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
Couldn't have expected anything less from an Asiwaju's boy.

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by abobote: 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
Who asked you, we already know that lawmakers were offered different amount of cash to support third term.
So stop trying to be relevant on old news

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by newbornmacho(m): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Maybe the money was too small. Because we can see that a certain drug dealer and baba emilokan has successfully paid the price for your soul, and you now want to foist him On Nigeria . Useless wereyyyyy

6 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by kuntash: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Maybe because they thought you were smart and have sense!
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by ajayiopy: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by fasho01(m): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
I even thought it was current offer

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by mcgodison2531(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
Be power is a family property
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by omowolewa: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
100m na chicken change
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda by Briells: 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
May God deliver Nigeria from her enemies. Imagine how much bribe was given in 2006? The funny thing is that had it been these men are stealing and still developing Nigeria, it’ll be bearable.

The fundamental issues Nigeria had back then is still same now, even worse!

How heartless can a group of Political Human beings be for crying out loud!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu And Other Pro-Democracy Activists In Exile In 1995 (Picture) / El-zakzaky’s Daughter, Nusaiba, Speaks On Fate Of Her Father / Re: Akeredolu, Ondo Governor's Convoy Crushes Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.