Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria (16924 Views)

Please Is It Adviseable To Acquire A Skill In Plumbing / Improve Your Ict Skill In 2018 With Certification. / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Dipsaint(m): 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2022
SunMusk:
You can learn forex trading without money and programming with out money and even graphics designer. Don't let no money issue stop you. Use your phone well.....

I don't think you can learn programming, without spending a lot of money.

I'm leaning web development, I spend a lot of money on data and an fuel. Believe me that's the reality.

If you use Twitter very well, you will see a lot of folks hunting giveaway just to buy data to continue learning.
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by kindklemz(m): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2022
The Country is not useless.
Everywhere you go in the world, it's skills that drives the economy.
Skills creates Jobs that employs people.
Apple was a one man Ideal and was skillfully executed using different skills.
Amazon too.
Facebook, Just name any company.
Nigerians should stop blaming the government and get down to work.

Stop blaming everyone but yourself.

kenniefawole:
Very important . My advise to student , learn a digital skill ! This country is useless .. Parents encourage and ensure your children learn some valuable digital skills . Certificate are useless this days. We offer all form of training and internship at Kennietech . I will be having a free workshop very soon where I talk about valuable digital skills to learn . Reach me via whatsapp to stay updated .

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Hannaleeyah(f): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2022
kingimmade:

@Hannaleeyah how many have u got?

How many? I don't seems to understand what you mean here. Can you please rephrase
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Hannaleeyah(f): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2022
formerUKSF:
Let's say 1 wants to learn graphics designing and video editing/ web dev.

Then you get a laptop cheap one to start with around 90-100k

Since one will be self-learning. Home is the office.
Monthly or weekly data plan
What of epileptic power supply

Learning a good skill is a good plan towards financial liberation but it requires alot of funds. Besides all fingers are not equal,what is easy for you to get might be near impossible for another.

And who told you you can't be a pro at video editing, graphic designing with your mobile just to start with?
It's time people stop giving excuses like I need laptop,those excuses aren't worthy..even as I am now,I use mobile phone for most of my works when I'm not at home with my PC and it's almost as perfect as that of PC,so what's stopping you? I ensured I learnt and master the use of mobile and PC for every work I do,it helps

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Jjennecco: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2022
Learn financial market is one of Best skills to learn. If you're not greedy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by kindklemz(m): 2:40pm On Jul 16, 2022
Thank you so much.
Information is power.
Nigerian graduates need to make use of the available information and resources to better themselves.

princefunmmy:

The skills required for remote work are professional skills not vocational skills.

Professional skills are skills for corporate jobs e.g, programming, tech skills, ability to use existing softwares to do your job. These skills requires good education for you to be able to succeed in them. If you learn these, you'd become hot cake in the professional world.

Vocational skills are skills e.g, baking, tailoring barbing, shoe making etc. These skills don't require much technicality to learn. If you learn them, you'd have to find customers/job.

Don't think there are no jobs. There are jobs but there are few people qualified with the necessary professional skills. There are companies that have been trying to fill roles for months without getting a good fit because everybody believes there is no job and graduates have been brainwashed into switching into vocational skills

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by UdoDiriGi: 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
3pleo:
...and don't just learn any skill. Go and learn a tech skill, your future self will thank you for it grin

Please list the tech skills you know
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by tradingknowled1: 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2022
Skill is good but having the right and High paying skill is definitely the best .
I run a Trading academy where I teach people how to make money daily Trading Forex ..

and Also , For those that don't want to learn Trading Due to how complex it can be but wish to make money from Trading should Send me a pm .. I've got a nice deal for you

thanks !!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by MAIKON: 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
tradingknowled1:
Skill is good but having the right and High paying skill is definitely the best .
I run a Trading academy where I teach people how to make money daily Trading Forex ..

and Also , For those that don't want to learn Trading Due to how complex it can be but wish to make money from Trading should Send me a pm .. I've got a nice deal for you

thanks !!
What’s your WhatsApp number
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by sageb: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. Sometimes when you all start announcing the term "learn a skill" I do wonder if you all think learning a skill is just as easy as the air you breathe.

2. You need to pay for an apprenticeship before learning any physical skill. Even as you are learning, you need to feed at least twice daily. You need to pay for transport. These are basic needs. But you all never consider this. In your minds, these youths are lazy, they don't have the power of positive thinking, and they can't think and grow rich.

3. Digital skills requires a laptop. At least one needs a 100k flat to consider buying a fairly used one. Where is the learner going to see this money? What about data, how is he going to sort himself out? What about electricity, how is he going to cope when it is glaring that the power supply in Nigeria is more epileptic than epilepsy.

4. We should not even talk about getting your first job or customer in a third-world nation... let's wait till you learn a skill.

5. It is so unfortunate that in a country like Nigeria, the only means of survival as it currently stands is through the internet either for a positive or negative purpose. We have not even considered the IQ of the Black nation, knowing fully well that their IQ is below average (85/100). Yes, you can beat it and succeed in science or computer science, but how many will be consistent, persistent, patient, and determined to overcome that phase. It's just like convincing a snail to reach the finish line in a race with hares, antelopes, and wild cats.

It is not easy to perform a job that is beyond your physical and intellectual ability. You must go the extra mile. But what's the guarantee?

6. What about the jobless and underemployed graduates? These sets of humans worked their lives in gaining a degree...or, do you all think spending 4 - 13 years in a higher academic institution is a joke?

7. It is so easy to say go learn a skill when you forgot to consider those who helped you behind the scene. During your go "learn a skill" seminar you never consider these people and the sheer luck that shone upon you. Or, do you think all humans have the same opportunity?

8. Learning a skill is not bad. Nigeria/Africa has left for the gutters, sinking and wallowing in bribery, corruption, poverty, inept leaders, insecurity, social vices, and other evils you can think of.

And as a result, learning a skill becomes paramount.

9. But what I want you all to take note of especially those motivational speakers that hide behind various forms of crime with a saintly look should know that before learning a skill, an individual basic needs must be met. They include food, shelter, clothing, security, electricity, good road, and data. If these things are not provided it will take grace for a few to scale through, and that's why many that started learning a skill never made it to the finish line. You all should give these people a break, please.

10. Before learning a skill you just need to undergo therapy because depression and suicidal thoughts are real.

11. Alright. Since we can't easily savage the situation on the ground, we will endeavor to learn a skill with the hope of success.

Stay aloof from crime. I know. I understand. But just try. We must survive.

Thanks.

You understand the matter so well.
correct analysis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by izzy4shizzy(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2022
RawBitterTruth:
Learn cyber security, very important.

How
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by RawBitterTruth(m): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by judedwriter(m): 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
kenniefawole:
Very important . My advise to student , learn a digital skill ! This country is useless . .

Hmmm.... Stop joining the millions of people cursing Nigeria...

Yes things are hard, but you must understand that there is supernatural power in your tongue!

Till tommorow morning, the Americans still say 'God bless America'.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by PROPEACE: 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2022
lansha2006:
Government don't create jobs. It is the responsibility of the government to provide enabling environment for private sectors. The burden of job creation is on the private sector and entrepreneurs.
What are you saying? Did your government created the enabling environment? Have you ever heard Bush, Obama or Trump saying my government created an enabling environment for 1 million jobs? They always say 1 million jobs were created, period! You think the Nigerians running to USA, UK and Canada are going there to be self employed? They are going there to work for established companies so let's just learn a skill as a survival strategy in a failed country and let's stop acting like it's normal.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by SunMusk(m): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2022
re u going to spend 40k on data a month Money is not an excuse brother.
Dipsaint:

I don't think you can learn programming, without spending a lot of money.

I'm leaning web development, I spend a lot of money on data and an fuel. Believe me that's the reality.

If you use Twitter very well, you will see a lot of folks hunting giveaway just to buy data to continue learning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by MisterKennedy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2022
ameh99:
People will still complain even if learning a skill is free

Poverty is the closest thing to laziness

The time and resources you wast on NL is enough to get you started

You have almost everything you need on the internet but rather you are always online bashing one politician or the other

I got the foundation of my skills from the internet before I began to search for practical knowledge

And when I did meet with who was really ready to put me through praticals it was quite easy for me and didn't actually cost me much because I came with a little knowledge of my own
Today, I have people under my pay role

To climbed up that ladder,,

You need to serve to be served
Humility, patient, manners, sincerity and above all fear of God..

Good evening Ma

Please can I work for you Ma
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by MisterKennedy(m): 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hannaleeyah:
Yeah,I testify to this..
It's time youth,graduates,teriary students now realize that this country holds nothing for them.
Being a graduate doesn't guarantee a job anymore to talk of a high paying job. Even most people who has a job are just like working to pay bills,nothing to gather, nothing!
This country is messed up!
The rate of unemployment is now so high! Why!?

And also,most youths ain't helping their selves,they just keep complaining and blaming it on the government everyday,yeah,I understand they hold the major causes of this,but are they even hearing you out? Since you have been complaining,did anything change?

It's just time you source for an alternative for yourself dear. Nigeria isn't good,Nigeria isn't good, but some people are making it,think of it dear.

I personally thought of this a day just like this,and that was it, today I'd forever advise anyone to learn digital skills..Go into digital skills!,stop being an expert at giving yourself excuses,you can't take your excuses to bank.. stop saying doesn't learning a skill requires money,you should think about the opportunities in it..you should think about how much money you're gonna make from it,you should think about the financial stability you're gonna get from that.

And also,when I mention learn a digital skills, I'm talking about lucrative digital skills!,not just any one,you get that? ,Then ensure the person you want to learn from a real tutor,not all these fake tutor that mention about their fake earnings,not all these tutors who haven't made a dime out of it but claim to have made millions, be cautious

Below are the skills I can testify to,paying my bills, all lucrative!:

• 3D Modelling & Rendering
• Graphic design
• Video animation (3D/2D/Whiteboard)
• Video editing
• UI/UX design
• Motion Graphics
• Digital Marketing
• Audio editing
• Affiliate marketing
• SEO/Google analytics
• Photo editing & Retouching
• Web development
• Mobile app development
• Business Writing
• Social Media Management(SMM)
• Web design
• Sales/Closing
• Facebook ads & marketing
• Sales Prospecting and Lead Generation
• Email Marketing
• Public Speaking
• Social Media Presence Growth(SMPG)
• Business Marketing & Growth Strategies(BMGS)
• Photo Restoration (How to restore, repair and colourize old photos )
• Relationship marketing strategy and implementation (RMSI)
• YouTube Channel Growth Hacks : How to grow your YouTube channel organically.

Also, I learnt Data Science and analytics and Cyber security, but I'm not really into them because,well,let me say, because my other skills are paying me well,but those two skills are as well lucrative,you can try them out.

Wow!!! Thank you for taking your time to drop this beautiful write up dear

May God bless you

Happy weekend to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by MisterKennedy(m): 4:11pm On Jul 16, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. Sometimes when you all start announcing the term "learn a skill" I do wonder if you all think learning a skill is just as easy as the air you breathe.

2. You need to pay for an apprenticeship before learning any physical skill. Even as you are learning, you need to feed at least twice daily. You need to pay for transport. These are basic needs. But you all never consider this. In your minds, these youths are lazy, they don't have the power of positive thinking, and they can't think and grow rich.

3. Digital skills requires a laptop. At least one needs a 100k flat to consider buying a fairly used one. Where is the learner going to see this money? What about data, how is he going to sort himself out? What about electricity, how is he going to cope when it is glaring that the power supply in Nigeria is more epileptic than epilepsy.

4. We should not even talk about getting your first job or customer in a third-world nation... let's wait till you learn a skill.

5. It is so unfortunate that in a country like Nigeria, the only means of survival as it currently stands is through the internet either for a positive or negative purpose. We have not even considered the IQ of the Black nation, knowing fully well that their IQ is below average (85/100). Yes, you can beat it and succeed in science or computer science, but how many will be consistent, persistent, patient, and determined to overcome that phase. It's just like convincing a snail to reach the finish line in a race with hares, antelopes, and wild cats.

It is not easy to perform a job that is beyond your physical and intellectual ability. You must go the extra mile. But what's the guarantee?

6. What about the jobless and underemployed graduates? These sets of humans worked their lives in gaining a degree...or, do you all think spending 4 - 13 years in a higher academic institution is a joke?

7. It is so easy to say go learn a skill when you forgot to consider those who helped you behind the scene. During your go "learn a skill" seminar you never consider these people and the sheer luck that shone upon you. Or, do you think all humans have the same opportunity?

8. Learning a skill is not bad. Nigeria/Africa has left for the gutters, sinking and wallowing in bribery, corruption, poverty, inept leaders, insecurity, social vices, and other evils you can think of.

And as a result, learning a skill becomes paramount.

9. But what I want you all to take note of especially those motivational speakers that hide behind various forms of crime with a saintly look should know that before learning a skill, an individual basic needs must be met. They include food, shelter, clothing, security, electricity, good road, and data. If these things are not provided it will take grace for a few to scale through, and that's why many that started learning a skill never made it to the finish line. You all should give these people a break, please.

10. Before learning a skill you just need to undergo therapy because depression and suicidal thoughts are real.

11. Alright. Since we can't easily savage the situation on the ground, we will endeavor to learn a skill with the hope of success.

Stay aloof from crime. I know. I understand. But just try. We must survive.

Thanks.

Nice write up bro.

You took the words right off my mouth

You really are not just intelligent but a man of great wisdom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by MisterKennedy(m): 4:19pm On Jul 16, 2022
duchessvikki0:
Learning a skill is good but you should be mindful of the skill you're learning. Choose a skill that you have an interest in.

For example, If you love writing or reading, learn content writing. Don't learn it if you don't have any flair for it.

Also, learn a skill that has not been saturated. In my street, more than 10 hairdressing salons are dragging a small population of customers.

Hmmm

You're right dear

But the only problem is that most skills that are saturated are very lucrative and profitable

If people were to go for skills that haven't been saturated then those skills have a 50-50 change of being less lucrative and less profitable.... Because definitely many people will be competing for the well paying and lucrative jobs

And as far as people going for jobs that they have interest in, hmmm what if the person's job of interest falls under a low paying or less lucrative and less profitable job

The way I see it, money is the biggest motivation for people even working in the first place

And the majority of people will always want to ditch their low paying job for a higher one, regardless of if it's in line with their area of interest or not.
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by mehdisalman(m): 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
How to make money online in Nigeria

How to make money online in Nigeria is not that difficult and very lucrative if you know the right steps to take, right? If this holds true, then why not start making money online in Nigeria today? Here are a few ways you can do it!

what digital skills should be learned to make money in Nigeria

If you want to make money online in Nigeria, there are a few digital skills you should learn. First, you should learn how to create a website. This will allow you to sell products or services online. Secondly, you should learn how to use social media to promote your business. Thirdly, you should learn how to use search engine optimization to get your website to rank higher in search results. Fourthly, you should learn how to pay-per-click advertising to get more traffic to your website. Fifthly, you should learn how to email marketing to build relationships with potential and current customers. Sixthly, you should learn how to content marketing to create valuable content that will attract attention and drive traffic to your website.

here you learn the new digital skills to make money online
[url]wirelogs.com[/url]

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by MisterKennedy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2022
judedwriter:

Hmmm.... Stop joining the millions of people cursing Nigeria...

Yes things are hard, but you must understand that there is supernatural power in your tongue!

Till tommorow morning, the Americans still say 'God bless America'.

Nice one bro
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by virginboy1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2022
Stancy23:
This is Nigeria. Only a few are not involved in this battle because they have a skill. The rest are still having the entitlement mentality that the government owes them a good job mean while they owe themselves a better life by learning a skill that will enable them accomplish their goals and be a blessing to others in the process.

Who told you you don't have a skill? You have it in you but don't you do because you have not searched yourself. Once you do, you will know what to focus your energy on in terms of learning a skill that will build you and enable you reach your potential.

Gone are the days when white collar jobs were waiting for you after graduation or completion of NYSC. Right Now if you don't have a skill, you will be lift behind. Meaning you're #OYO

Dear comrade, go and learn a skill or upgrade on the already existing one e get why.

What is your opinion on this? Share your view let's learn together. You can follow me on any social media platform with the name below

©Isukul Stancy

Nice one
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by virginboy1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 16, 2022
The5DME:
Before you venture into any skill, you need to make sure it fits into this two criteria:
1) Your skill tends to serve foreigners, hence you're paid in foreign currency (preferably the USD- for obvious reasons);
2) Your skill tends to target the rich, although minority population of Nigeria, as a vast majority of Nigerians are poor.

Not adhering to these two rules will lead to tears. Just my own little contribution.
Skills like?

Please give us small Expo smiley
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by CaveAdullam: 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2022
MisterKennedy:

Nice write-up bro.

You took the words right off my mouth

You are not just intelligent but a man of great wisdom

1. Scientific research has it that: it is people that were born with a silver spoon that shows more empathy with people at the bottom of the hierarchy when compared to people that struggled their way to the top.

2. Once you become successful, you quickly forget your struggling days. The fact is that time and chance favored you. And of course, endurance, persistency, consistency, and determination are good catalysts to propel you. But if the right person and situation that will make it yield results are absent, your dream will never come true.

3. Many of us do underestimate luck. We always think it is because of our power and might. We judge people unfairly without first taking a tour into their predicament. Some persons are the genesis of their problem, but do you think any man plans to bring downfall to himself? Even criminals are in a struggle for existence.

4. When judging, we don't put the economic system, political system, infrastructures, family and cultural backgrounds, individual biology, and genetics into consideration. Location is not considered. The individual energy level is not considered.

5. The funniest or will I say stupid of them all is when these sets of go "learn a skill" people demand money from a $0 broke guy to buy a course and be able to learn a skill...it is funny. They hoard information as if when they die they are taking anything to the grave...they are stupid!

Sir/Ma, let me go continue with my 'learning a skill. Since Africa/Nigeria is under a spell, we must endeavor to break ourselves out. We'll keep trying.

Thanks for your kind words. I do appreciate it.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by kingDELE(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2022
Hannaleeyah:

And who told you you can't be a pro at video editing, graphic designing with your mobile just to start with?
It's time people stop giving excuses like I need laptop,those excuses aren't worthy..even as I am now,I use mobile phone for most of my works when I'm not at home with my PC and it's almost as perfect as that of PC,so what's stopping you? I ensured I learnt and master the use of mobile and PC for every work I do,it helps
You have already mastered the art on Laptop. It will be easy for you on phone.
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by lovemaths(f): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
Learn how to crochet from the comfort of your home.

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Panda7(m): 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2022
reason why every politician or leader should have sets of skills to harness in building and development abi when did leading become a full time profession among bored people angry
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by toyinpin: 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2022
tradingknowled1:

thanks !!

How can i reach out to you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All Job Interview Questions/answers Covered - Get The Free Ebook / Meridians Life Support Foundation Skill Acquisition Program / Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.