Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria (16918 Views)

Please Is It Adviseable To Acquire A Skill In Plumbing / Improve Your Ict Skill In 2018 With Certification. / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Stancy23(f): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2022
This is Nigeria. Only a few are not involved in this battle because they have a skill. The rest are still having the entitlement mentality that the government owes them a good job mean while they owe themselves a better life by learning a skill that will enable them accomplish their goals and be a blessing to others in the process.

Who told you you don't have a skill? You have it in you but don't you do because you have not searched yourself. Once you do, you will know what to focus your energy on in terms of learning a skill that will build you and enable you reach your potential.

Gone are the days when white collar jobs were waiting for you after graduation or completion of NYSC. Right Now if you don't have a skill, you will be lift behind. Meaning you're #OYO

Dear comrade, go and learn a skill or upgrade on the already existing one e get why.

What is your opinion on this? Share your view let's learn together. You can follow me on any social media platform with the name below

©Isukul Stancy

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2022
We was young you was on the swing , I was playing with sticks

In the trap, listening for the brakes on a Crown Victoria �‍♀️ �

1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by 3pleo: 11:36am On Jul 16, 2022
...and don't just learn any skill. Go and learn a tech skill, your future self will thank you for it grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by 2Ways(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2022
Is it not money the use in learning a Skill?
After learning the skills are you using toilet paper to buy the necessary tools for the skills you learnt?

24 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by sukkot: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
hmmm
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Nikkganc08(m): 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by CEPHAS101: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
No be lie....... Skill Aquisation is what had kept many to survive this trying period in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:38am On Jul 16, 2022
Oshey motivational speaker aye!
Abegi, the koko is to discover your purpose on earth and work on/towards it.

You people should stop all these your self advertising posts jere.

20 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by 7Randall: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2022
As if learning the skill is free of charge

18 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by bigdammyj: 11:39am On Jul 16, 2022
Reading...
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by stano2(m): 11:39am On Jul 16, 2022
E no easy but we go try, The government provides absolutely nothing for the citizens.

You wish to learn a digital skill, but no power supply.
Petrol is expensive, network providers be zapping data like maddd.

Infact with the hardship in this country, there is low patronage everywhere.
Try and visit popular fast food restaurants, and check out how many people that can even afford eating out now. It has gotten to a stage that so many organizations no longer leave their generators running all through.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by RawBitterTruth(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2022
Learn cyber security, very important.

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by RawBitterTruth(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2022
Very important

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by kenniefawole(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2022
Very important . My advise to student , learn a digital skill ! This country is useless .. Parents encourage and ensure your children learn some valuable digital skills . Certificate are useless this days. We offer all form of training and internship at Kennietech . I will be having a free workshop very soon where I talk about valuable digital skills to learn . Reach me via whatsapp to stay updated .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by The5DME(m): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2022
Before you venture into any skill, you need to make sure it fits into this two criteria:
1) Your skill tends to serve foreigners, hence you're paid in foreign currency (preferably the USD- for obvious reasons);
2) Your skill tends to target the rich, although minority population of Nigeria, as a vast majority of Nigerians are poor.

Not adhering to these two rules will lead to tears. Just my own little contribution.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by PROPEACE: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2022
Stancy23:
This is Nigeria. Only a few are not involved in this battle because they have a skill. The rest are still having the entitlement mentality that the government owes them a good job mean while they owe themselves a better life by learning a skill that will enable them accomplish their goals and be a blessing to others in the process.

Who told you you don't have a skill? You have it in you but don't you do because you have not searched yourself. Once you do, you will know what to focus your energy on in terms of learning a skill that will build you and enable you reach your potential.

Gone are the days when white collar jobs were waiting for you after graduation or completion of NYSC. Right Now if you don't have a skill, you will be lift behind. Meaning you're #OYO

Dear comrade, go and learn a skill or upgrade on the already existing one e get why.

What is your opinion on this? Share your view let's learn together. You can follow me on any social media platform with the name below

©Isukul Stancy
Yes the government owes us a job! Worldwide, it is the job of the government to create jobs. They have failed, that does not mean they should be absolved of blame. Yes, young Nigerians should learn a skill, but must never accept as normal the failure of their leaders to do what is right. Trump, Obama, etc all brag about the jobs they created while in office. The developed countries are taking our best engineers, doctors, nurses etc and we are advocating artisanship? Why are all their graduated not artisans? Which first world country attained first world status through SMEs? Which? We may do artisanship in our desperation to survive, but we must never think it is normal for engineers and doctors to become carpenters and tailors.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Mide3367: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2022
True
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by donestk(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2022
Fact
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by FreeStuffsNG: 11:52am On Jul 16, 2022
Nice!! Thank you OP.

Get this Free Book on 1000+ Practical Business Ideas & Money Sources Directory and read as you plan to improve your skill.
Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Sheriman(m): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2022
Dey don dey learn Yahoo Yahoo now.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by princefunmmy(m): 11:56am On Jul 16, 2022
PROPEACE:

Yes the government owes us a job! Worldwide, it is the job of the government to create jobs. They have failed, that does not mean they should be absolved of blame. Yes, young Nigerians should learn a skill, but must never accept as normal the failure of their leaders to do what is right. Trump, Obama, etc all brag about the jobs they created while in office. The developed countries are taking our best engineers, doctors, nurses etc and we are advocating artisanship? Why are all their graduated not artisans? Which first world country attained first world status through SMEs? Which? We may do artisanship in our desperation to survive, but we must never think it is normal for engineers and doctors to become carpenters and tailors.

Thank you for this submission. I'm always angry whenever I see posts like this one the OP made.

People just open their mouth and say all sort or rubbish about skill acquisition.
The problem is that we have an irresponsible, below-par people ruling us, people unfit for leadership. It is the Government responsibility to create jobs don't even think otherwise except you're also not intelligent like our leaders.

From my observation (no actual calculated statistics) it will take 30 graduates to have made it in life through jobs before 1 graduate to make it through all these skills you're shouting. (Nigeria's case is different, because we wan build house, drive fancy cars and do parties without investing in pensions. And it's still our irresponsible leaders that put us in these positions)

Ask your leaders why they open skill acquisition centres for you to go and learn skill after graduation but their kids/wards don't learn skills but rather they graduate from good schools and opt for jobs rather than skills (you still think these skills are the way forward abi?)

Let's demand for OUR RIGHT from our leaders! Enough of these rubbish SMEs scam!

There is a difference between professional skill and vocational skills. My emphasis is on the vocational skill.
Professional skill is a must for everyone to get

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by ameh99: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2022
People will still complain even if learning a skill is free

Poverty is the closest thing to laziness

The time and resources you wast on NL is enough to get you started

You have almost everything you need on the internet but rather you are always online bashing one politician or the other

I got the foundation of my skills from the internet before I began to search for practical knowledge

And when I did meet with who was really ready to put me through praticals it was quite easy for me and didn't actually cost me much because I came with a little knowledge of my own
Today, I have people under my pay role

To climbed up that ladder,,

You need to serve to be served
Humility, patient, manners, sincerity and above all fear of God..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by SunMusk(m): 11:59am On Jul 16, 2022
You can learn forex trading without money and programming with out money and even graphics designer. Don't let no money issue stop you. Use your phone well.....
2Ways:
Is it not money the use in learning a Skill?
After learning the skills are you using toilet paper to buy the necessary tools for the skills you learnt?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Timagex(m): 12:00pm On Jul 16, 2022
I can say that, photography saw me through school and helped me in a lot of ways. If you wish to learn the art of photography, hit me up. cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Hannaleeyah(f): 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2022
Yeah,I testify to this..
It's time youth,graduates,teriary students now realize that this country holds nothing for them.
Being a graduate doesn't guarantee a job anymore to talk of a high paying job. Even most people who has a job are just like working to pay bills,nothing to gather, nothing!
This country is messed up!
The rate of unemployment is now so high! Why!?

And also,most youths ain't helping their selves,they just keep complaining and blaming it on the government everyday,yeah,I understand they hold the major causes of this,but are they even hearing you out? Since you have been complaining,did anything change?

It's just time you source for an alternative for yourself dear. Nigeria isn't good,Nigeria isn't good, but some people are making it,think of it dear.

I personally thought of this a day just like this,and that was it, today I'd forever advise anyone to learn digital skills..Go into digital skills!,stop being an expert at giving yourself excuses,you can't take your excuses to bank.. stop saying doesn't learning a skill requires money,you should think about the opportunities in it..you should think about how much money you're gonna make from it,you should think about the financial stability you're gonna get from that.

And also,when I mention learn a digital skills, I'm talking about lucrative digital skills!,not just any one,you get that? ,Then ensure the person you want to learn from a real tutor,not all these fake tutor that mention about their fake earnings,not all these tutors who haven't made a dime out of it but claim to have made millions, be cautious

Below are the skills I can testify to,paying my bills, all lucrative!:

• 3D Modelling & Rendering
• Graphic design
• Video animation (3D/2D/Whiteboard)
• Video editing
• UI/UX design
• Motion Graphics
• Digital Marketing
• Audio editing
• Affiliate marketing
• SEO/Google analytics
• Photo editing & Retouching
• Web development
• Mobile app development
• Business Writing
• Social Media Management(SMM)
• Web design
• Sales/Closing
• Facebook ads & marketing
• Sales Prospecting and Lead Generation
• Email Marketing
• Public Speaking
• Social Media Presence Growth(SMPG)
• Business Marketing & Growth Strategies(BMGS)
• Photo Restoration (How to restore, repair and colourize old photos )
• Relationship marketing strategy and implementation (RMSI)
• YouTube Channel Growth Hacks : How to grow your YouTube channel organically.

Also, I learnt Data Science and analytics and Cyber security, but I'm not really into them because,well,let me say, because my other skills are paying me well,but those two skills are as well lucrative,you can try them out.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Learn A Skill In Nigeria by Emnyte(m): 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2022
3pleo:
...and don't just learn any skill. Go and learn a tech skill, your future self will thank you for it grin
pls what's the best tech skill I can learn within 6 months that's very lucrative

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lecturing Job Vs MNC Job Which Do You Prefer? / Meridians Life Support Foundation Skill Acquisition Program / Tips On Salary Negotiations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.