Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% (18645 Views)

CBN Raises Interest Rate To 26.25 % Amid Soaring Inflation Levels / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 18.75% / CBN Raises Interest Rate To 15.5% To Curb Rising Inflation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by luvly4luv(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2022
matify83:

The hike in interest rate will negatively affect the borrowing rate at which the productive sector access liquidity, invariably increasing production cost.

It's a vicious cycle and I don't envy the seat of the CBN governor in this trying times where most nations are trending far below their projected growth forecast.

Very correct and it's so sad.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by luvly4luv(m): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2022
InvertedHammer:
/
How does raising interest rate in Nigeria fight inflation?
They are using Oyibo textbook format to fight inflation in a voodoo economy. Can anyone accurately tell the Consumer Price index in Nigeria? What is the Money supply?

Can interest rate reduce high cost of doing business in Nigeria which is transferred to customers? Bad roads, no electricity, high cost of diesel, overtaxation by Federal and local government agencies, etc have
nothing to do with interest rate. When we talk of agriculture, they have government agents (aka Boko Haram) disrupting farmers' activities. So what has that got to do with interest rate?

/

Very correct. Hike in interest rates cannot be the solution to Nigeria inflation at the moment.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Tundex911: 6:16am On Jul 21, 2022
Loan app oya up to you guys

Wo, I dey owe but right now I no get chi-bo
Ask Buhari to pay those debts on my behalf okay

#Peace ✌️
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by showafrica(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:

Stingy Obi that's pro-tightening? We need massive easing (Tinubunomics).

God will not forgive you.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by Vanzcharles(m): 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2022
Elliotwaveforec:

I'm a fundamental analyst, I know all these; I asked you a straight question what causes inflation in Nigeria at present, you're quoting textbook.

Since you're beating about the bush without giving me the simple answer, let me help you. High Exchange rate I e Naira depreciation is the number one cause of inflation in our country not too much money in circulation. The CBN thinks iour nflation is caused by excess money hence the hike in rates.
�bro rest you've got no point.
What you quoted earlier 'my reply' doesn't correlate your point.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by brightalo1010: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
iwaeda:

What palliative is in place, this government nonchalant attitudes contribute more grin grin grin grin grin grin
we all will be alive, all I'm giving anyone coming to take over is 2yrs before all man go start crying and complaining even more than now.

Do you think 50 yrs ago people were not complaining? Why was there coup then if all was well? Why was there civil wars then?

In the next 8yrs dollar rate will go up, fuel price, inflation, debt to gdp, e.t.c will go up.

Bad roads, corruption many unfulfilled promises will be there. Remember this today.
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by iwaeda: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
brightalo1010:
we all will be alive, all I'm giving anyone coming to take over is 2yrs before all man go start crying and complaining even more than now.

Do you think 50 yrs ago people were not complaining? Why was there coup then if all was well? Why was there civil wars then?

In the next 8yrs dollar rate will go up, fuel price, inflation, debt to gdp, e.t.c will go up.

Bad roads, corruption many unfulfilled promises will be there. Remember this today.

Are they complaining in Europe, USA or UAE grin grin grin grin angry
Re: CBN Raises Interest Rate To 14% by brightalo1010: 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
iwaeda:

Are they complaining in Europe, USA or UAE grin grin grin grin angry

First of all we're talking about African settings and systems which has already been corrupted especially West and East Africa. Are you going to deny that fact?

Funny to ask if Europens and usa e.t.c are complaining, pls why do they have opposition parties? Go to usa pages and see how they're complaining, why did they killed Japanese ex president this month? Did you not see USA election fracas and riot if that is not complaints what is it abeg?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira Gains 5.2 Percent After CBN Intervenes / How You Can Start A Profitable Yam Frying Business With 20k / How Do I Get The Cheapest Clothes To Sell, Abroad Or Here In Naija?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.