Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,357 members, 7,836,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity (12725 Views)

Adeleke’s Camp Worries Over Litigation, Woos PDP Faction / INEC Worries Over Low Voter Registration In Katsina / CBN Worries Over Low Participation Of South East In Its Intervention Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2022
Sri lanka 2.0
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Franzinni: 8:34am On Jul 21, 2022
Foresight

Zero.

You can't keep yams with a goat and expect to meet it well ... and all the notional yams have been surrounded by big bellied goats since before 1960 so what is left of the yams should not be a surprise ...

Even the goat bleating an alarm is also in the circle of goats .... chugging their faces full of the yams and rapidly converting the yam to manure.

Nigerians need a barbeque if we have to save the yams ... I like asun! Do you?

1 Like

Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by cjudy(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2022
sad

The whole money EFCC is recovering, the phones, the cars and other properties they should sell it and borrow government to repay their loans
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by pacespot(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2022
Hmm, I learn the CBN and FG are just printing money like mad these days to cover for revenue shortfall. If care is not taken, another Sri Lanka is loading in Nigeria at the moment. Buhari incompetence has never been in doubt. But the born to rule will never resign now to allow a more competent person to handle the economy.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Eddygourdo(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2022
Subsidywise20:
Removing subsides on petrol and power, and rasing taxation levels, as well as fighting corruption, and cutting down on excess government spending should help with all that.

But then again, 'we are poor' ...so such good suggestions get rejected.
always putting the cart before the horse. Rephrase your suggestion accordingly

1 Like

Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Bollinga: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2022
The incoming president should seize all asset belonging to all government officials that supported the borrowing of the money. Starting from Buhari.

Auction their assets to repay some of the debt.

Those idiots can't put the whole Nigerians in a mess they created
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Minjim: 8:39am On Jul 21, 2022
Where ere they when Buhari was on a borrowing spree?
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by ChiefAfonja: 8:40am On Jul 21, 2022
Ona never see anything yet
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2022
Summarize it all in one sentence CBN governor. I think you are trying to say you have successfully ruined Nigeria so as to pave way for Biafra. Let's hope Nigeria will not be declared bankrupt soon
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2022
Eddygourdo:
always putting the cart before the horse. Rephrase your suggestion accordingly

You don't want to pay for the work people put into getting power and suchlike...you want things for free and ye don't want to pay tax.

That's not how it works in the real world.

So, sorry, but I think we Nigerians need to remove subsidy on power and petrol, remove corruption (you did not see that bit), and pay more tax...including farmers , herdsmen and beggars.

Unless you know where there is a tree that grows dollars ...so that it can produce enough for all.

Cart before which horse my foot....you don't want to feed the horse, or maintain the cart at sustainable prices....and expect it to run.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by femiasaolu2014: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2022
Sri Lanka loading....
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by CyberHustle: 8:44am On Jul 21, 2022
At least PDP gave us debt cancellation under Obasanjo, let APC too push for some level of debt cancellation.

1 Like

Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by ajayiopy: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2022
NigeriaIsDoomed:

https://punchng.com/cbn-panel-worries-over-nigeria-debt-repayment-capacity/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1658380298
1) GIVE US AN UPDATE ON HOW YOU SPEND ABACHA LOOT
2) 18 BILLION AGF LOOT
3) NIMASA DG LOOT
4) ABAH KYARI LOOT
UNA THINK SEY WE DEY WEAR DIAPER?
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by brandsoncharlie: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2022
Obidient4life2:
grin grin grin
Please Buhari should just hand over to Obi make things start to happen immediately. We are tired!
What will obi do? start borrowing again like his predecessors
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 21, 2022
Useless governor! Now that NNPC has been privatized how will the CRF be funded? Implication, more borrowing.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by ppogba: 8:49am On Jul 21, 2022
The next worse thing after Buhari is Emefiele.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by George234(m): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2022
I don't blame Buhari, I blame the CBN Governor and the legislative arms who work hand � in hand to rubbish this country.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by ppogba: 8:55am On Jul 21, 2022
Why are they worried now?

I remember when they were telling us that our debt to GDP ratio is low.

Now we are close to sri- Lanka and they are crying.

Emefiele, I will not curse you. Neither will I bless you. But my mouth will not cease from mumbling!
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Madmohamed1: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2022
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by ajayiopy: 9:06am On Jul 21, 2022
Madmohamed1:
Chinese is coming to take over that is why they changed NNPC to private company
CHINESE CANT TAKE OVER. MAJORITY SHARES WILL BE SOLD TO POLITICIANS ,AND THEY KEEP MILKING THE ENTIRE COUNTRY TILL THY KINGDOM COME.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 21, 2022
86% in servicing loans? Lol. China will come for you people soon. BAT2023 abi? No worry!
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 21, 2022
ajayiopy:

CHINESE CANT TAKE OVER. MAJORITY SHARES WILL BE SOLD TO POLITICIANS ,AND THEY KEEP MILKING THE ENTIRE COUNTRY TILL THY KINGDOM COME.
You have no idea of what is about to happen. You think this is APC and PDP issue? Go read about Siri Lankier.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Obojuju: 9:17am On Jul 21, 2022
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Eddygourdo(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2022
Subsidywise20:

You don't want to pay for the work people put into getting power and suchlike...you want things for free and ye don't want to pay tax.

That's not how it works in the real world.

So, sorry, but I think we Nigerians need to remove subsidy on power and petrol, remove corruption (you did not see that bit), and pay more tax...including farmers , herdsmen and beggars.

Unless you know where there is a tree that grows dollars ...so that it can produce enough for all.

Cart before which horse my foot....you don't want to feed the horse, or maintain the cart at sustainable prices....and expect it to run.
even if you remove subsidy and gift Nigeria 2billion dollars daily, we will still be broke because the issue on ground we haven't yet tackled. CORRUPTION. Corruption can only be tackled by strong systems backed by strong judiciaries.

As long as we continue to focus on individuals and not systems backed by strong laws, then anything you are suggesting will fail on arrival. That's my issue. We proffer solutions that further impoverish the people without holding government to account.

Taxes are currently being paid by the masses, where is it. What basic amenity can be ascribed to the "little" taxes we have paid. How can you go to.solution be to give more taxes when the one given has been embezzled. We must start with the government and thier policies or lack thereof. Government should not be given anything more till they are accountable for the little they have been given.

Subsidy has been deemed to be removed before, yet there was still subsidy, more money Will never solve the problem of a kleptomaniac, it will only further fuel his greed and licentiousness.

PS subsidy must continue even if it kills the nation, that is the only benefit Nigerians get from their failed government. Why aren't our refineries working, if they were working, why should local refining or crude be pegged at the dollar. Nobody wants to ask the real questions because they want to make illegal money.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by famology(m): 9:34am On Jul 21, 2022
I pity the next president of Nigeria
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by adepero72: 9:41am On Jul 21, 2022
Mak dem go sell everything wey dem use the money buy now nd use it to repay the loan I sha no go follow dem pay back wetin I no spend inside....Mak dem go sell everything wey dem use the money buy now nd use it to repay the loan I sha no go follow dem pay back wetin I no spend inside.......
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Splitmind: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2022
This is not a thing the government should be worried about, our capable VP is in charge of all matters pertaining to the economic and is handling this case as we speak.
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 21, 2022
Peter Obi said this in one of his interviews. I thought he was just talking o. Now, see it... The main actors have come out to confirm it
Re: CBN Panel Worries Over Nigeria Debt Repayment Capacity by XerXers: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2022
We warned Nigerians about yorubas incursion into national politics. They have carried their gbese and owanbe attitude to national level

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Bars Party Agents, Journalists From Lagos Collation Centre In Somolu / Aisha Buhari Arrives Bauchi State / Mohammed Adamu Flouts Court Order, Releases List Of New Recruits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.