Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) (26032 Views)

Between Federal Medical Center And Teaching Hospital, Which Is Higher Ranked?? / Ondo Church Attack: Blood Donors Needed At Federal Medical Centre Owo / Snake Bites Married Woman To Death In Obudu, Cross River State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Ofiadiegwu: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

Wow!
Thanks boss.
Gonna check.

Pls do.
Health is a priority
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by FORWARDEVERLY: 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2022
TONYE001:

Sir, in every profession, there are bad eggs. What's your field of endeavour? I'm sure you know we can find bad eggs there too?

I agree, some health workers are sometimes rude to patients. They try to blame the workload for this, but I don't agree. During my paediatrics and O and G postings, we had very terrible workloads. Antenatal clinics in government hospitals are almost always overwhelming. Everyone is stressed - the porters, the nurses, the doctors, etc. But honestly, this isn't a reason to treat patients harshly. I have never (and God willing, will never) treat anyone disrespectfully.

Just like other sectors, the health system needs a total overhauling. Some cases shouldn't get to tertiary hospitals. We have primary and secondary facilities. More hands must be brought on deck. The pay too must be significantly increased.

Please if you have a legitimate complain, you can approach the unit head or the hospital management to report the case. You can also use Servicom.

I hope this helps.

You are quite among the few good ones from the bunch..
I have seen first hand how Rude most health workers can be, I have not been their victim personally cos since I was born I have never been to a hospital to report sick, but I have brought in colleagues (I am a Millitary personnel by the way) to hospital and saw the shitty attitude of most doctors and nurses, and have personally harassed and embarrassed the ones that misbehave when I amongst the team that brought a colleague in..

The most entitled and self worshipping professionals in Nigeria happens to be them,the health system in this country needs a total overhaul..

I appreciate your calm dispositions and conducts and I can recall back then in the University I had an MBBS roommate that share similar traits like you..

Always be humane in your conduct, it has a way of making you a better person and fighting your Unknown battles..
Personally I have not engaged in inhumane acts and abuse of power in my line of duty and sometimes I feel that is why I have always survived countless terrorists attacks without scratches..

So much to say but let me pause here..
Have a nice weekend..

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by Threesha(f): 9:11am On Jul 29, 2022
wink
sgtponzihater1:
There is significant job to be done in terms of health care delivery and patient orientation.

It's sad that you have to see a consultant ENT surgeon for ear wax removal. Only a backward health system will entertain this. Nurses should be well able to do this at a general or private hospital.

Best thing to do for wax is to have Olive ear drop or bicarbonate drops to soften the wax for at least a week before attempting ear syringing. Syringing may fail if the wax is far too impacted. Sometimes the wax softeners alone is sufficient to dislodge the wax.

All the best on your journey

PonziHater
Re: My Experience At Federal Teaching Hospital, Gombe, Gombe State (Photo) by basketballseek: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
Do you also get treatment related to ear wax removal harley street from that hospital? I need their reviews.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is There A Cure For A Smoker's Black Lips / PHOTOS: Doctors Treat 19 Striking Health Workers Involved In Motor Accident / COVID-19: UBA Donates ₦5 Billion For African Fight Against Pandemic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.