Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,745 members, 7,851,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo (1626 Views)

Afenifere Backs #endsars Protesters, Says Time For Restructuring Is Now / Restructuring Is Yoruba Agenda Championed By Uninformed Igbos – Tanko Yakasai / 2019: David Mark Says Restructuring Is Inevitable, Tag Campaign Team 730 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by DeepThroater: 12:10am On Jul 22, 2022
The north does not hide the fact that they are benefiting from the current centrist federal govt arrangement.

The Yoruba has expressed how they will prefer we return to the pre Igbo Marxist coup era of regional governance citing how the current setup is claustrophobic and crushing their ambitions and goals.

The Niger Delta has made their reservations clear and that is we should return to the status quo prior to the Igbo Marxist intervention of 1966. And to this aim they have been exploring all loopholes in the constitution to exert and take back much of the rights guaranteed to states. Governor Wike of Rivers has done tremendous judicious work in keeping the federal govt off from his state whenever the legal backing is sought. One instance is the successful VAT ruling that saw to a federal high court granting reprieve to states to collect and keep in whole value added tax. This victory was widely celebrated in the sane parts of the south and greeted with pleas from the north . But in Alaigbo republic, not one single comment was heard from that corner.

The VAT ruling and the dead silence from the yeast was a dead giveaway on what I have always stated here that : Igbos are not interested in a return to true federalism. Naturally, if one considers that igbos were the ones who truncated our republic for a Marxist centrist Igbocentric dictatorship , one ought not to expect them to be at the forefront of clamouring for a return of regional governance.

It is for this reason we should see the Igbo as one of the harlots in the legends of King Solomon who demanded the baby be cut in half. It is either Biafra complete with an annexed Niger Delta or we continue the parasitic arrangement preferably with an Igbo president. Where these people get the effrontery to make demands and ultimatums where they have no chips on the table beats my imagination. The Igbo has succeeded in making a frivolous unwarranted demand a matter of public debate claiming Igbo marginalization. I don't subscribe to the notion of Igbo marginalization. I believe they are duly serving a generational sentence of being relegated from any form of public trust based on their grievous sin of both destroying our republic and truncating our democracy. Even still being part of Nigeria appears too lenient for my liking talk more of demanding for a presidency while making empty threats to annex the Niger Delta and seccede from Nigeria.

It is for this very reason that a Peter Obi presidential bid now turned Igbo project is DOA in my books. Obi is yet to speak on restructuring which I know he doesn't see as necessary being an Igbo that he is.

So, can any of you Obidient fellows tell me why Obi has refused to speak up on the much demanded restructuring back to regional assembly?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by babasolution: 12:26am On Jul 22, 2022
Na Fulani dey run una Street oo.
But your problem Na Igbo,Igbo Igbo

The kanuri and Fulani have completely and totally taken over the oil and gas resources forever from the nigerdelta

11 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Easternmind(m): 12:34am On Jul 22, 2022
How is restructuring a taboo for the Igbo's?please if I may ask.
If any group from the Niger Delta doesn't want a single country with the Igbo's,personally I see no reason why their wish should not be granted.I see nothing wrong in restructuring which I see as beneficial to Nigerians as a whole,even though maybe not all.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by babasolution: 12:42am On Jul 22, 2022
The OP loves his rapist,Fulani dic must b good

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Slynation(m): 12:49am On Jul 22, 2022
A fallacious post made by someone who has only but 1 single vote out of millions, a single vote that might end up among void voters...

But why all this uncoated stories, overnight shift works and hatred for Igbos just to install your oppressors??

All I can deduce from this post is the biblican case of Jesus and Barabbas when the masses preferred a known criminal (Barabbas) to be released and incorporated into the society over Jesus...!!

The North has really done a good job in brainwashing most South Westerners to see Igbos as the traitors and prodigal son...Now, an average Yoruba man will rather have a Boko haram leader as President than any Igbo man to assume power!!

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by jimyjames(m): 2:55am On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

You are an idiot for making the bolded statement .

You OSU grant us our wishes?

You people are really deluded and drunk on your own hubris .

Why didn't Jonathan restructure Nigeria Nigeria? Why didn't Obasanjo restructure Nigeria? Has tinubu or atiku talk of restructuring?

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by DeepThroater: 9:11am On Jul 22, 2022
Slynation:
A fallacious post made by someone who has only but 1 single vote out of millions, a single vote that might end up among void voters...

But why all this uncoated stories, overnight shift works and hatred for Igbos just to install your oppressors??

All I can deduce from this post is the biblican case of Jesus and Barabbas when the masses preferred a known criminal (Barabbas) to be released and incorporated into the society over Jesus...!!

The North has really done a good job in brainwashing most South Westerners to see Igbos as the traitors and prodigal son...Now, an average Yoruba man will rather have a Boko haram leader as President than any Igbo man to assume power!!

Obi is no Christ .

By the way, it was your ever greedy cash salivating useless politicians in the APC that gave Tinubu the highest voting bloc outside the SW.

Shameless ewus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by gidgiddy: 9:42am On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

It is for this very reason that a Peter Obi presidential bid now turned Igbo project is DOA in my books. Obi is yet to speak on restructuring which I know he doesn't see as necessary being an Igbo that he is.

So, can any of you Obidient fellows tell me why Obi has refused to speak up on the much demanded restructuring back to regional assembly?

Peter Obi has talked about restructuring. In the video below, he said that he doesn't entirely agree that Nigeria should go back to three or 4 Regions but that 6 or more could be more viable. He also said that restructuring would help to bring down the cost of governance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LElEaSSEnYY

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by DeepThroater: 9:48am On Jul 22, 2022
gidgiddy:

Peter Obi has talked about restructuring. In the video below, he said that he doesn't entirely agree that Nigeria should go back to three or 4 Regions but that 6 or more could be more viable. He also said that restructuring would help to bring down the cost of governance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LElEaSSEnYY

So are you willing to finally have your old eastern region without the so-called minorities because your greed for their resources is what made you stage that Marxist coup when it was inevitable that the COR region was to be carved out from the old eastern region.

I for one don't believe any single Igbo man wants a return to true federalism. The resurgent Biafran annexation and Igbo expansionist quest has made this abundantly clear on the Igbo aspirations .

You are not fooling anyone .

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by DeepThroater: 9:55am On Jul 22, 2022
Easternmind:
If any group from the Niger Delta doesn't want a single country with the Igbo's,personally I see no reason why their wish should not be granted. I see nothing wrong in restructuring which I see as beneficial to Nigerians as a whole,even though maybe not all.

I responded to this your useless post but the Igbo mod hid my response

Here it is again :

You having a personal opinion on our collective destiny and following it up with granting us our wishes.

You are really full of mkpuri miri when you made this post.

In what position are you to personally grant is our wish not to be part of your Biastatd republic?

You see how you igbos are really overdue for another ass whipping .

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by gidgiddy: 11:53am On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

So are you willing to finally have your old eastern region without the so-called minorities because your greed for their resources is what made you stage that Marxist coup when it was inevitable that the COR region was to be carved out from the old eastern region.

I for one don't believe any single Igbo man wants a return to true federalism. The resurgent Biafran annexation and Igbo expansionist quest has made this abundantly clear on the Igbo aspirations .

You are not fooling anyone .

COR Region you are talking about was still a mere proposal when the first coup occured. The ethnic nationalities in that area had not yet all even agreed that they wanted a seperate Region, and who would be in it. Ultimately, it was inevitable that there would have been COR Region and even a middle belt Region as 4 Regions simply would not have been enough for Nigeria.

Saying that Igbos dont want restructuring, are Igbos benefitting from the current system? Ohanaeze are one of the main proponents of restructuring in Nigeria.

As for Biafra, every Biafran agitator will tell you that Biafra must come by democratic referendum. Those who vote for Biafra will become Biafrans, those who vote against will continue with Nigeria. The last thing any Biafran agitator wants is to drag anyone into a Biafra they do not want, because that will cause the kind of problem we have in Nigeria, in Biafra.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Slynation(m): 11:58am On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

Obi is no Christ .

By the way, it was your ever greedy cash salivating useless politicians in the APC that gave Tinubu the highest voting bloc outside the SW.

Shameless ewus
So what's my business with that...And I hope your shameless Iragbiji BATman has more $20K to share to 30million Nigerians...cos no $20K no vote!!

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by DeepThroater: 12:02pm On Jul 22, 2022
Slynation:

So what's my business with that...And I hope your shameless Iragbiji BATman has more $20K to share to 30million Nigerians...cos no $20K no vote!!

Whose the BAT supporter you eternal OSU slave of Judas.

Last I checked not only your last great hope Peter Obi and the BAT are in this race.

And FYI, I have every right to point out how you clowns are turning people from Obi because of your usual crass arrogant ways.

Go back to plying your petty trade or whatever criminal venture that you ate into and leave politics for your betters.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by udokpuenyi(m): 12:08pm On Jul 22, 2022
They will create thread to spread hate against anything Igbo and then mount their rooftop and start shouting igbo hate them. hypocrist of a tribe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by DeepThroater: 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2022
gidgiddy:

COR Region you are talking about was still a mere proposal when the first coup occured. The ethnic nationalities in that area had not yet all even agreed that they wanted a seperate Region, and who would be in it. Ultimately, it was inevitable that there would have been COR Region and even a middle belt Region as 4 Regions simply would not have been enough for Nigeria.

Saying that Igbos dont want restructuring, are Igbos benefitting from the current system? Ohanaeze are one of the main proponents of restructuring in Nigeria.

As for Biafra, every Biafran agitator will tell you that Biafra must come by democratic referendum. Those who vote for Biafra will become Biafrans, those who vote against will continue with Nigeria. The last thing any Biafran agitator wants is to drag anyone into a Biafra they do not want, because that will cause the kind of problem we have in Nigeria, in Biafra.

You can only deceive yourselves.

The reasons for the Zikist Marxist Igbo coup of 1966 was to prevent the carving out of the COR region which was the first docket to be considered by the federal parliament in Lagos after resuming from the Christmas break. The timing of the coup attests to this

Even the senseless war won't have happened if you okoros only took your remaining 5 core Igbo states and split. No one would have bothered begging you to stay talk more of a fighting a war to bring you back. The civil war was fought first and foremost with the objectives of liberating the Niger Delta from your forced annexation.

Thirdly, you igbos have not made one sound towards restructuring so why should we believe your lying peter?

Even in the midst of the resurgent Igbo expansionism in the form of the Zionist movement IPOB, you still kept dragging the ND into your folly.

Who will ever trust you when your past, present and future ambitions says otherwise.

Fool yourself all you like but we are not buying your bullshit .

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by DeepThroater: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2022
udokpuenyi:
They will create thread to spread hate against anything Igbo and then mount their rooftop and start shouting igbo hate them. hypocrist of a tribe.

Yeye dey smell

If you can not accept your fault then we can never reconcile as we know you are bent on repeating your foolishness whenever the opportunity arises.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Slynation(m): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

Last I checked not only your last great hope Peter Obi and the BAT are in this race.

And FYI, I have every right to point out how you clowns are turning people from Obi because of your usual crass arrogant ways...take your L in peace

Go back to plying your petty trade or whatever criminal venture that you ate into and leave politics for your betters.
In all the gibberish you posted, you made no sense, you can rant from today till eternity but the Igbos keeps soaring higher...

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by udokpuenyi(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

Yeye dey smell

If you can not accept your fault then we can never reconcile as we know you are bent on repeating your foolishness whenever the opportunity arises.

The only thing smelling here are people with primordial mindset of hate and hypocrisy who think that Igbos are foolish while they are the irredeemable fools. Reconciling with such people will be a grave social misnomer.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 22, 2022
Pandora Peter Obi is being careful and selective on matters of urgency and pressing needs, he avoid the issue of Biafra and unknown gunmen that is ravaging the whole south east
Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by gidgiddy: 12:41pm On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

You can only deceive yourselves.

The reasons for the Zikist Marxist Igbo coup of 1966 was to prevent the carving out of the COR region which was the first docket to be considered by the federal parliament in Lagos after resuming from the Christmas break. The timing of the coup attests to this

Even the senseless war won't have happened if you okoros only took your remaining 5 core Igbo states and split. No one would have bothered begging you to stay talk more of a fighting a war to bring you back. The civil war was fought first and foremost with the objectives of liberating the Niger Delta from your forced annexation.

Thirdly, you igbos have not made one sound towards restructuring so why should we believe your lying peter?

Even in the midst of the resurgent Igbo expansionism in the form of the Zionist movement IPOB, you still kept dragging the ND into your folly.

Who will ever trust you when your past, present and future ambitions says otherwise.

Fool yourself all you like but we are not buying your bullshit .

People like you make me laugh. Go and read how the Midwest Region was created. If there was going to be a COR Region, a bill for it first had to be passed in the Eastern House of Assembly before coming to Lagos for deliberations. No such motion had even been moved yet before the first coup. The COR Region was still a mere proposal

So you people think that people like Nzeogwu, Ademoyega, Ifeajuna, Anuforo and others conducted a coup to prevent a COR Region that was yet to be voted on? Thats laughable

As for the restructuring of Nigeria, restructuring has not happened because the entire North does not want it. The current system benefits the North and they will never allow Nigeria to be restructured regardless of if Igbos are for restructuring or not

Some day, you guys are going realise why Igbos fought a war to get out Nigeria, that Nigeria is a feudal state controlled by the North

But it will be many many years before it dawns on people like you

Peace out!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Easternmind(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2022
DeepThroater:

I responded to this your useless post but the Igbo mod hid my response

Here it is again :

You having a personal opinion on our collective destiny and following it up with granting us our wishes.

You are really full of mkpuri miri when you made this post.

In what position are you to personally grant is our wish not to be part of your Biastatd republic?

You see how you igbos are really overdue for another ass whipping .
You misunderstood me,I meant freedom of association of anyone should not be tampered with.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by AyePappy: 12:54am On Nov 06, 2022
Bump
Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by ScamHunter: 12:56am On Nov 06, 2022
Don't worry. When Peter Obi becomes president, you won't even remember Oduduwa again because he'll fix Nigeria of all the ills and illusions of incompetent governments since independence. As you rightly said, only a competent Igbo like Peter Obi has been mandated by Nigerians to bring the country out of the rot of incompetence by thieving politicians that have ruled for long. Just be grateful that Obi is coming to aya the first real president of Nigeria giving back the country to its people.
Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by AyePappy: 12:56am On Nov 06, 2022
udokpuenyi:

Is there anything to dispute from the OP?

Where lies the lie so to speak ?

Igbo are parasitic leaches at the expense of others.
Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by ScamHunter: 1:15am On Nov 06, 2022
DeepThroater:

And FYI, I have every right to point out how you clowns are turning people from Obi because of your usual crass arrogant ways.

You're obviously the most mannerless individual in this thread. Isn't it a paradox that you are the one accusing Obidients of your obnoxious trait?
Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by ScamHunter: 1:20am On Nov 06, 2022
gidgiddy:

People like you make me laugh. Go and read how the Midwest Region was created. If there was going to be a COR Region, a bill for it first had to be passed in the Eastern House of Assembly before coming to Lagos for deliberations. No such motion had even been moved yet before the first coup. The COR Region was still a mere proposal

So you people think that people like Nzeogwu, Ademoyega, Ifeajuna, Anuforo and others conducted a coup to prevent a COR Region that was yet to be voted on? Thats laughable

As for the restructuring of Nigeria, restructuring has not happened because the entire North does not want it. The current system benefits the North and they will never allow Nigeria to be restructured regardless of if Igbos are for restructuring or not

Some day, you guys are going realise why Igbos fought a war to get out Nigeria, that Nigeria is a feudal state controlled by the North

But it will be many many years before it dawns on people like you

Peace out!

A little addition. By then it would be too late for them.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by ScamHunter: 1:22am On Nov 06, 2022
AyePappy:

Is there anything to dispute from the OP?

Where lies the lie so to speak ?

Igbo are parasitic leaches at the expense of others.

Why are you scared to let them have their own country?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by AyePappy: 1:24am On Nov 06, 2022
ScamHunter:

Why are you scared to let them have their own country?

I am not opposed to an Igbo exit . if I had my way they will be gone yesterday.

I am only mad that they are still insistent on repeating their annexation and land grabbing plot into my Niger Delta.

Take note.
Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by ScamHunter: 1:26am On Nov 06, 2022
AyePappy:

I am not opposed to an Igbo exit . if I had my way they will be gone yesterday.

I am only mad that they are still insistent on repeating their annexation and land grabbing plot into my Niger Delta.

Take note.

So your tribe is Niger Delta?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Nobody: 5:12am On Nov 06, 2022
OP is 100% correct. Igbos are unprincipled and cynical as a people. Money and materialism. Are their Gods and they live to worship both.

They are always missing when principled actions are to be taken despite previously talking the talk. Igbos have never walked the walk for Nigeria or for the greater good. Their abiding mantra is "if it ain't making money it ain't making sense".

I remember how Igbos, despite having nothing and producing essentially nothing, went around accusing Yorubas and the North of parasitism after GEJ lost in 2015.

Today the Yorubas are admirably leading the charge for resource control for everyone, restructuring and return to regional governance while Igbo leaders are conspicuously silent and missing despite previously swearing these are all the things they want.

Their insincerity is world-class and it is because Igbos are Taqiyaah kings who say anything insincerly in pursuit of Ego. Money.

When Yoruba state houses of assembly responsibly and bravely banned open grazing, at the heights of the herdsmen menace across the South, Igbo leaders were hesitant and non-committal.

It was also Yorubas who uncompromisingly, through their State houses of assembly, fought Malami to birth Amotekun and set a Nigerian Precedent.

Igbos watched as Yorubas took on Malami and never gave support. Soon as Yorubas won and gained Amotekun, the opportunists went on to declare Ebebeagu. This is why I call Igbos a "food is ready" people.

When Yorubas uncompromisingly demanded the Presidency must come to the South, as a way to force the North to do the equitable and right thing, Igbo leaders hid in the background hedging their bets as usual as the unorincipled opportunist they are.

Even their noise of Biafra is insincerity personified. You want your own SE-based nation yet every Igbo wants to leave the SE as soon as they turn 11 and many millions of Igbos live in other regions of Nigeria making them the most nomadic Nigerians by far.

You claim to want to be a family man yet you spend all your time away from your wife and three kids. Who does that make sense to?

They and the North profit from 'one Nigeria' most, that Yorubas now wish to exit desperately, yet Igbos give absolutely nothing to Nigeria. Nada. Zilch.. Whereas it can be argued the North at least contribute agriculture.

Igbos will brag about commerce but their commercial endeavors, like their apprenticeship system, benefits and enriches no one but Igbos.

I could go on all day. OP is 100% right. I am a big fan of Nigeria letting Igbos go because I do not see their worth or benefit.

Also, I know they will always be enemies-withing because Igbos possess restive spirit and will never be happy unless leading others and commandeering their wealth and asset. That is the core of their essences as a people.

Everything they say is bullsh1t to hide that covetous, materialistic and greedy mien.

Whatever happens post elections, Nigeria is going to change for the better because Yoruba will now not stop agitating for a fairer and more autonomous Nigeria because we see this as existentially the only way forward for our ethnic group and Nigeria . Biafrans, go and prepare.

Your Taqiyaah will no longer help you. In the new Nigeria Yorubas won't stop agitating for, every Nigerian must now walk the walk. Won't be possible to just talk the talk deceitfully alone as Igbos have traditionally done since independence.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Is A Taboo For The Igbo by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 06, 2022
Easternmind:

If any group from the Niger Delta doesn't want a single country with the Igbo's,personally I see no reason why their wish should not be granted.I see nothing wrong in restructuring which I see as beneficial to Nigerians as a whole,even though maybe not all.

How will resource control, true fiscal federalism, exclusive and total control over mining and sale of mineral assets, devolution of greater power towards states and federal government etal benefit Igbos?

Same Igbos who produce nothing, add virtually zilch to the centre and make a lot of the money they use to sustain their States and region outside the SE?

Same Igbos who spend all their time guilt-tripping other Nigerians as being "their problem" yet show zero interest in staying in the SE to develop and maximize her potentials?

Have you not noticed that your insincere leaders like Abaribe , who make a lot of 'Che Guevera' noise, were silent when all Yoruba leaders across Party lines made the move below that Igbo leaders should have automatically and passionately gotten behind given their traditional talk?

You people are in serious trouble if Yorubas get the regional governance they are agitating for.

IGR, poor. VAT, unremarkable. Contribution to the centre from mineral endowment, average. Attraction of FDI to Nigeria, negligible. Tourism and hospitality sector, zero. Agriculture nada.

There is much more and I could go all day. OP is 100% right with his assertion Igbos are the biggest beneficiary of 'one Nigeria' and will be fcked when Nigerians starts to become smarter to insist, as the Yorubas have been doing for a while now, the unfairness of 'one Nigeria' must stop.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Supporters Who Are Thinking Wild Should Know This / 2023: "Obi Will Get Substantial Votes," APC Governor Reveals / Seven Governors To Decamp To Labour Party Before December 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.