Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency (62958 Views)

What Is Happening To Banks? Can't Receive Money Sent To Me / The New 200 Naira Note Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Currency Note / Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by darediamond(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Nigerian currency is just going down daily. Hope we are not heading towards Zimbabwean currency. Since Monday it has been jumping up like the singer Craig David's song, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Naija nawa.

Deji Adeyanju wrote:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0jd4jckfiKMktR4eDka7TJDrHrW9BCELyUSab7mGryaHUeEZzAhEH1qa7MWdgL3Vtl&id=100044230039479
Its Bearish 1 year Candle will end in #1500 to 1$ by December 28 2022.

This is why Smart Guy and Girls do not engage in Mortar and Brick Jobs and Businesses anymore.

Just gather enough naira and move to Ghana or Benin or Uganda or Kenya or Cameroon or any other country that you can get dollars. Open account with Skrill, Neteller, PyyPl, Duckascopy, Mercuyo, PerfectMoney, aboki.africa or Grey.co, AND YES BINANCE.COM and REMITANO

ALSO open bank account with all Nigerian Banks both Traditional and Online base ones too and get there Visa and Master Cards. Open Domicilliary accounts to.

Get your International Passport.

U can use access more App to do afrifund transfer profitably.

Do not be foolishly stupid by traveling out of Nigeria to go and be engaging In MOTAR AND BRIC JOB OR BUSINESSES OF ANY KIND.

BE SMART LEGALLY.

Use the financial system of the country you are in to permanently Liberate yourself from I.M.F!!!

Yes I. M. F as your Naira is depreciating directly and indirectly in view of that co ert satanic organization. This is affe ting majority of African Currencies too. But ours is Worse going by the Massive Resources God Bless Nigeria with.

Then start your Naira to Ghs or Kes or ugx etc. to Dollar Arbitrage Instant Forex Business life and direct.

Goodluck.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by grandstar(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2022
There are basically 4 reasons why the Naira is under pressure, but the first 2 are the most important.

(1) Buhari's meddling in setting the exchange rate of the Naira.

Buhari is the prime determinant of the official rate of the Naira. He hates devaluation and would never allow the Naira to slide. He feels that its economist and indiscipline that causes devaluation.

Buhari always fixes the offivi rate at a price that is not reflective of the market value. It is always an overvalued rate, one that discourages supply to it. Presently, it hovers around N420 while the parallel market is 620.

If you support Buhari's exchange rate intervention, put your money where your mouth is and sell your sendwave or western union at the official. Because supply dries up at the official market, buyer turn to parallel msrket.

Buyers are now forced to turn to the parallel market and this leads to an exaggerated depreciation at the parallel market as we are witnessing today.

(2) The fuel subsidy.
The pressure of financing the fuel subsidy is enormous. The government can't afford it. It's herculean. This year alone, government is spending over 3trilion Naira. Next year, it will be 6.73trillion or about $15bn using the official rate. It is insane

(3) Elections next year
I suspect politicians are buying dollars heavily. I know of a guy who gave over $500,000 to a politician who later became governor in 2019. Paying with dollars is preferred because the notes have very value and makes transfers discreet. The money given to the politician was in cash.

(4)
The US central bank, the Feds, is increasing interest rates. This has led to the strengthing of the dollars, making other currencies weaken against it.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Temptee101(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2022
If after seeing this and you are still thinking of voting APC, may nothing good come your way

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by 9jaRealist: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2022
Caleycashh:
Most useless country in the world, ordinary Benin Republic currency is high than naira, shit hole country!!!

Feel free to migrate to Benin Republic… grin
As if it is not the SMUGGLING activities (goods in, fuel,out) of NIGERIANS that sustains the Beninoise economy.

Ultimately, Nigeria’s condition is the result of the various actions of ALL Nigerians (by commission or omission)!

>

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Everlastingson: 11:20am On Jul 23, 2022
bigiyaro:
the fulanis are at the helm of affairs of this fake nationa, the Fulanis are not progressive people, they have nomadism in their genes, their life rotates around ownership of cows. They don't understand anything outside moving cows from point A to B. Hence you see the North sevely underdeveloped despite having northerners at the center for ages.

And those of them in government are absolutely corrupt. They steal mindlessly . They steal without conscience. Think of former AGF Idris for a perfect example. One man stealing over #300B of the people's money. Their warped mentality is : Nigeria belongs to nobody. Loot as much as you can when you have the opportunity. When a Fulani man says one Nigeria, they're lying as always. They shout one Nigeria so as to keep stealing.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by erico2k2(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2022
masui:

T fare is sure. But this your last statement na true sha, streets don rough.

grin grin grin cheesy
exactly so do t blame people for acting up.U will see someone that own their own House and car ragging his bross in the Uk for school fees unto say nah fteen money 4getting that there is nothing like free money in Uk
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Integrafamoo: 11:21am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
maybe 10,000 sef.Zimbabwean dollar on my mind
Zimbabwean dollar has over taken Naira. It's now equivalent to 1.17naira
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by RapistOnBail: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2022
Prosper123:
I don't think they may give me dollar, but I will try and ask them later
They’ll give you.

If they don’t give u, cause serious havoc and commotion there. They’ll refer you to their branch that has dollar.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Jul 23, 2022
9jaRealist:

As if it is not the SMUGGLING activities (goods in, fuel,out) of NIGERIANS that sustains the Beninoise economy.

Ultimately, Nigeria’s condition is the result of the various actions of ALL Nigerians (by commission or omission)!

>
I Disagree on that the govt of the day is to be held accountable.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Prosper123: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2022
RapistOnBail:

They’ll give you.

If they don’t give u, cause serious havoc and commotion there. They’ll refer you to their branch that has dollar.
Ok. I will try. But can I get aboki to sell it in Abuja
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Heterodox(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2022
9jaRealist:

This is the misnomer that gives comfort to Buhari’s GROSS INCOMPETENCE…
Even in a “global disaster”, there are things that you can do to NOT aggravate it.

General Buhari takes a global setback and turns it into a domestic tsunami…
Eg, with the 2016 economic recession, his DUMB economic policies prolonged and exacerbated it.

When other similarly-placed nations (Egypt, Angola, etc.) were exiting that recession…
Nigeria was diving deeper into a recession that ultimately took almost two years to exit.

>
All these rantings to disprove nothing
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Bizibi(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2022
grandstar:
There are basically 4 reasons why the Naira is under pressure, but the first 2 are the most important.

Buhari is the prime determinant of the official rate of the Naira. He hates devaluation and would never allow the Naira to slide. He feels that its economist and indiscipline that causes devaluation.

Buhari always fixes the offivi rate at a price that is not reflective of the market value. It is always an overvalued rate, one that discourages supply to it. Presently, it hovers around N420 while the parallel market is 620.

If you support Buhari's exchange rate intervention, put your money where your mouth is and sell your sendwave or western union at the official. Because supply dries up at the official market, buyer turn to parallel msrket.

Buyers are now forced to turn to the parallel market and this leads to an exaggerated depreciation at the parallel market as we are witnessing today.

(2) The fuel subsidy.
The pressure of financing the fuel subsidy is enormous. The government can't afford it. It's herculean. This year alone, government is spending over 3trilion Naira. Next year, it will be 6.73trillion or about $15bn using the official rate. It is insane

(3) Elections next year
I suspect politicians are buying dollars heavily. I know of a guy who gave over $500,000 to a politician who later became governor in 2019. Paying with dollars is preferred because the notes have very value and makes transfers discreet. The money given to the politician was in cash.

(4)
The US central bank, the Feds, is increasing interest rates. This has led to the strengthing of the dollars, making other currencies weaken against it.

number 4......now I understand why the Saudis want to sell oil to China in a different currency.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Heterodox(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2022
PointZerom:

Shut up.
You're part of the problems.
And you're part of the solution

I'm laughing at your ass
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by erico2k2(m): 11:24am On Jul 23, 2022
grandstar:

(2) The fuel subsidy.

(3) Elections next year

(4)

Bross plz remove fuel subsidy on your list E nor follow OBJ met and left subsidy E nor bad reach so.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by RapistOnBail: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2022
Prosper123:

Ok. I will try. But can I get aboki to sell it in Abuja
Yes.

Wuse Zone 4
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Bizibi(m): 11:30am On Jul 23, 2022
9jaRealist:

>
did anything improve when the border was closed

Even when smuggling was high in obj and gej administration,did we experience this abnormal fall of value in the naira currency

Everything that is happening to our economy is 100% the government fault.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by yesloaded: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2022
9jaRealist:

If you have a domiciliary account, you get your money in dollars…
>

I wonder o
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Prosper123: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Yes.

Wuse Zone 4
Thanks a lot
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by 9jaRealist: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2022
grandstar:

(2) The fuel subsidy.

(3) Elections next year

(4)

Bravo!

(1) One thing the Naira Nationalists do not grasp is that if Nigeria allows the Naira to freely float, while it might depreciate initially, much more foreign currency would more likely flow in, easing the pressure on the exchange rate and causing a natural upward Naira revaluation.

(2) The N4 trillion that Nigeria is going to spend on fuel subsidies this year (and a projected over N6 trillion next year) is more than the COMBINED capital budget for education, health and agriculture (probably even for electricity as well).

Meanwhile, much of that subsidized fuel ends up in neighboring countries, while the products that most impacts ordinary Nigerians (kerosene, diesel, aviation fuel for cargo) are NOT subsidized. Buharinomics is a DISASTER!
>

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by yad2eidi: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2022
May una relax , it's same all over the world
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by PointZerom: 11:33am On Jul 23, 2022
Heterodox:
And you're part of the solution

I'm laughing at your ass

The same ass that feeds you.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by 9jaRealist: 11:36am On Jul 23, 2022
Bizibi:
did anything improve when the border was closed

Even when smuggling was high in obj and gej administration,did we experience this abnormal fall of value in the naira currency

Everything that is happening to our economy is 100% the government fault.

Closing the border merely made smuggling MORE LUCRATIVE - the higher the cost/risk, the higher the returns…
Meanwhile, the economy (even the government itself) is merely symptoms of the underlying disease that is Nigeria and Nigerians!
>

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by 9jaRealist: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2022
yad2eidi:
May una relax , it's same all over the world

It’s certainly NOT “the same” all over the world…
Buhari takes a global problem and turns it into a domestic tsunami. grin
>
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by 9jaRealist: 11:42am On Jul 23, 2022
Heterodox:
All these rantings to disprove nothing

grin grin grin

Not surprised that the CLUELESS General and his foot soldiers think of economics as “rantings”….
Everything General Buhari did in the wake of the 2016 global downturn turned a recession into a Nigerian Depression! SMH
>
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2022
erico2k2:

Bross plz remove fuel subsidy on your list E nor follow OBJ met and left subsidy E nor bad reach so.
eggzactly
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by loswhite(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Nigerian currency is just going down daily. Hope we are not heading towards Zimbabwean currency. Since Monday it has been jumping up like the singer Craig David's song, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Naija nawa.

Deji Adeyanju wrote:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0jd4jckfiKMktR4eDka7TJDrHrW9BCELyUSab7mGryaHUeEZzAhEH1qa7MWdgL3Vtl&id=100044230039479
It is a speculative market
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by uvie66: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
yes I have a lot of people abroad happy with the situation but 90 percent of Nigerians abroad are stingy.shishi they won't send to you.Dont depend on them
... they should be sending money to you every month because they owe you a living abi.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2022
All over the world today; Nigerians are the most involved and invested individuals in the Crypto World.

This is because Nigerians are Risk Takers. We can take and bear any risks.

Prettily, This is because of the HIGH RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT and FINANCIAL UNDEREMPOWERMENT which We have all suffered under the Oppression of BAD and EVIL GOVERNANCE in The Country.

We have gone through a lot Offline and we have suffered the brunt digitally too.

Mechanized Investment in Agriculture which should solve Our Poverty of Hunger and Starvation is never done in The Right Way.

Hence; The Price of Food keeps Skyrocketing due to Increased Hard Labour.

So, The NAIRA Must Continue to FALL.

However; the good news is that as many Nigerians and Africans that continue to Embrace and Engage in Cryptos, They will eventually and inevitably Enjoy Financial Freedom despite the WEAKNESS of Their Country's Fiat Currencies.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Mom007(f): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Obi will win South but you see most Northerners are not as enlightened as South.Thats where the problem is for obi.
Then divide this country into 2 and let the northerners govern the north and let the enlightened govern the south! Abi what kind of nonsense talk is this? When the rest of the world was getting enlightened, what was the north doing? Its was their choice to remain backward, uneducated and ignorant! Their evil and greedy elites have now weaponized their ignorance and are trying to use it to hold the rest of the country down! Backwardness is a choice! If they choose to remain so, allow them be. We cannot continue to be held down by such a people!
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2022
MRNIGERDoxx:
All over the world today; Nigerians are the most involved and invested individuals in the Crypto World.

This is because Nigerians are Risk Takers. We can take and bear any risks.

Prettily, This is because of the HIGH RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT and FINANCIAL UNDEREMPOWERMENT which We have all suffered under the Oppression of BAD and EVIL GOVERNANCE in The Country.

We have gone through a lot Offline and we have suffered the brunt digitally too.

Mechanized Investment in Agriculture which should solve Our Poverty of Hunger and Starvation is never done in The Right Way.

Hence; The Price of Food keeps Skyrocketing due to Increased Hard Labour.

So, The NAIRA Must Continue to FALL.

However; the good news is that as many Nigerians and Africans that continue to Embrace and Engage in Cryptos, They will eventually and inevitably Enjoy Financial Freedom despite the WEAKNESS of Their Country's Fiat Currencies.

Let's Talk About A Secret Coin.

Secret Coin: The CASHERA Coin (THE MAJESTIC COIN Shooting 2,083.12% Profits in Days)

"History is A Tool.... Because History Keeps Repeating Itself."

From Close observation and Vivid Studies; since February 2022; when I observed and studied about The CASHERA Coin; there remains some particular FACTS about This Particular Coin that makes it One of The Most Important Altcoins to Always Be TRADED and HELD for Quick, Short, Medium and Long Term Profiting.

Firstly; The name of The Coin "CASHERA" - speaks Volume. It simply relates and interpretes "CASH" or "Money" PSYCHOLOGICALLY To The Minds of Crypto Traders.

Hence; There is Always A Psychological Pull, Attention and Attraction of People towards The CASHERA Coin all over The World.

And for this reason; This is One of my yardsticks to always Calling Trades for This Coin as I Intentionally Add it Up to Most of My Trading Watchlist whenever other Yardstick Requirements are met.

Without Wasting Much Time with this Sensitization Piece; Let me explain some important tips about this Particular Coin that should expose you to the Realities of HOLDING Some of This Coin for A Long Period of 5 to 10 Years and even for A Lifetime as I'm Almost Definite about it Finding itself to becoming One of The FIRST CLASS COINS OF THE CRYPTO WORLD.

First Tip: Read through The WhitePaper Works and RoadMap of The CASHERA Coin to get A Flow of Why You should be HOLDING This Coin.

Second Tip: When you observe the screenshots provided along with this Sensitization Piece; You'll observe that The Coin was added to Our Trading Watchlist on JUNE 30 and JULY 18 respectively.

Now; when you observe from The 24 hours Angle of JUNE 30 And JULY 18; You will observe that The Coin made a 39.62% Price Profit Movement.

So, if you bought the coin on JUNE 30, and You still bought the coin on JULY 18; Your Profits here would have been doubled with respect to 39.62%.

Now; from The 1 hour Trading View Perspective for JUNE 30 (which You can observe through one of the screenshots provided herein); as at 1:12 AM (which is some MIDNIGHT ago); If You had Followed Up with Our Coin Tracking Method, You would have realized a 74.65% Profits too. In the same vein; this would have been doubled if You also Bought The same Dollar Value of The CASHERA Coin for JULY 18.

Lastly; Here is The Golden Goose...!!!

The CASHERA Coin Became Our MAJESTIC Coin Again Shooting as HIGH as 2,083.12%.

So, if you had kept Positions on This Coin for JUNE 30 and JULY 18; Your Profits would have again been doubled.

The Financial Mathematics about this is that:

If you had invested as little as $1 on both (two) occasions of this coin;

2 × (2,083.12/100) × $1 = $41.6624.

(%Spillage Tolerance not included).

Hence; By Now - You would have Overturned Your Meagre $2 into $41.6624 in a matter of Days without Scalping for Profits within Every 24 Hours.

Hence This is My VERDICT:

THE MESSIAH'S VERDICT:

The CASHERA Coin will for a Long Time Remain A MAJESTIC Coin because of The Mystical, Psychological and Magical Attraction and Connection which it has Historically Financially Benefitted Many Coin Traders Who KNOWS THEIR ONIONS All Around The World.

Do You Know Your ONIONS ?

Did You BUY The CASHERA Coin ?

Do You Now Know About The CASHERA Coin ?

Are You Periodically Tracking, Trailing and Locking Your Profits ?

#FollowWhoKnowRoad
#FollowWhoDeyChopONIONS.

~ MESSIAH.
[Founder of The Maildrops Portal: www.10dollars.carrd.co]

(We don't shake Tables; We SHAKE The World - CRYPTOGRAPHICALLY).

PS:

Very Important:

Check out and Study Through Our Two Main Financial Freedom Sensitization Threads on Nairaland to Keep Yourself Financially and CRYPTOGRAPHICALLY Enlightened.

1): The Best Investment is On Yourself: Learn How To Earn $12 daily:

https://www.nairaland.com/7129969/best-investment-yourself-step-step

2): Financial Freedom Enlightenment Through www.10dollars.carrd.co (The Maildrops Coin Portal):

https://www.nairaland.com/6962164/financial-freedom-enlightenment-financially-free

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Nyascobar1414: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
It appears NAIRA is now synonymous with Pregnancy.... Naira now has Trimesters.
Just as pregnancy grows with each Trimester, Naira does same. It goes to show how smart PMB is

Are you a med doc?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by yad2eidi: 11:58am On Jul 23, 2022
9jaRealist:

It’s certainly NOT “the same” all over the world…
Buhari takes a global problem and turns it into a domestic tsunami. grin
>
I am a forex trader and I can say it's same in more countries. Especial asian and African countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit / 10 Men Aliko Dangote Cannot Do Without

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.