Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,199 members, 7,811,525 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) (20447 Views)

Picture Of Sanwo-Olu, Oyebanji, Dapo Abiodun, Jimoh Ibrahim In Dubai / Jimoh Ibrahim Wins Ondo South Senatorial Seat / Jimoh Ibrahim Visits Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Nukilia: 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
porka:
Doctor of Business Degree (PhD)?
What does that mean?

Let us the see certificate issued and check how it is written on it.

The reason he is the first one since 1209 might be because the degree is perhaps not important.

And what's with the First Class Honours in a doctoral degree?

Nigerians!!!

Don't mind the mumu man
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by toprealman: 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
quickly:
That’s one of the ways UK university make money to pay their lecturers .

Pay them 16K pound every year for 4 years

=64000 pounds to be a PHd that doesn’t exist

He should be able to share his thesis so that undergraduate can learn something from it
Undergrads or anyone interested should be ready to do basic search to find it online.
You publish 3/4 articles before you get a PhD in organised societies. Everything you need is out there....online. Go search for it
You can build on these:
1) https://www.researchgate.net/project/Government-Business-of-a-Mega-Project-Delivery-Does-Leadership-Strategy-Behaviour-Explain-Efficiency
2) https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/research-programmes/busd/current-busd-students/jimoh-ibrahim-folorunsho/
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by 2blessed01(m): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Congratulations to him
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by nothingspoil70: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
visijo:
I sabi book
I sabi book,
Oya what's the opposite of welcome
Not welcome

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Mindlog: 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Congratulations, if say I know I for do mogbo, moya chop free Nigerian food con dey waka. cheesy
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
datola:
We know Jimor Ibrahim is brilliant with degrees from Ife and Harvard.

However, which one is Doctor of Business Degree (PhD) First Class Hnours

PhD is the common abbreviation used and understood by nearly everybody to represent the highest academic level in any chosen field. We know each field has its doctoral abbreviation for each chosen field.

My major concern, after Church Service hope IBOS will not come here to abuse this man because of NICON Insurance and Virgin Nigeria Airways. I know them very well they don't want to hear any good news except it is about them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Lacash: 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
visijo:
I sabi book
I sabi book,
Oya what's the opposite of welcome �
Dey go angry grin

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by PharmacyStore: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
This is really good for him
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by kayjay69(m): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
No amount of foreign whitewashing can change his image as a corporate virus.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Arielle: 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2022
porka:
Doctor of Business Degree (PhD)?
What does that mean?

Let us the see certificate issued and check how it is written on it.

The reason he is the first one since 1209 might be because the degree is perhaps not important.

And what's with the First Class Honours in a doctoral degree?

Nigerians!!!

Its probably a DBA (Doctorate in Business Administration), as most top universities in the world have. It is equivalent to a PhD but where a PhD is a doctorate for people who wish to go into academia or research as a career, a DBA is a doctorate for business executives who wish to find answers to a practical business problem encountered in their companies, through research. That is why it is a mostly long distance program except for maybe once or twice a year conference with the supervisor because business executives like CEOs and company leaders won't want to leave their busy schedules to go be a student in another country. A few UK unis offer an option, on-site or long distance. But the Viva voce where you defend your thesis at the end is done on-site before a panel, just like the PhD.
Thinking of going back to do a doctorate? Join the club. cheesy Old age school is not easy!

3 Likes

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by chukxie(m): 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
Congratulations to him! It's sad that Nigeria is still a mess inspite of all the academic degrees politicians / policymakers in Nigeria possess.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by 9jaRealist: 1:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
toprealman:
Undergrads or anyone interested should be ready to do basic search to find it online.
You publish 3/4 articles before you get a PhD in organised societies. Everything you need is out there....online. Go search for it
You can build on these:
1) https://www.researchgate.net/project/Government-Business-of-a-Mega-Project-Delivery-Does-Leadership-Strategy-Behaviour-Explain-Efficiency
2) https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/research-programmes/busd/current-busd-students/jimoh-ibrahim-folorunsho/
Arielle:

Its probably a DBA (Doctorate in Business Administration), as most top universities in the world have. It is equivalent to a PhD but where a PhD is for people who wish to go into academia or research as a career whereas a DBN is for business executives who wish to find answers to a practical business problem encountered in their companies, through research. That is why it is a mostly long distance program except for maybe once or twice a year conference with the supervisor because business executives like CEOs and company leaders won't want to leave their busy schedules to go be a student in another country. A few UK unis offer an option, on-site or long distance. But the Viva voce where you defend your thesis at the end is done on-site before a panel, just like the PhD.

The Cambridge BusD degree program (launched in 2017) relies heavily on “life experiences” with only 1 year of residency…
It’s a MONEY-SPINNER for the university at about $400, 000 for 4 years ($100k pa), one of the world’s most expensive degrees.

>

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Arielle: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
9jaRealist:

The Cambridge BusD is a program that relies heavily on “life experiences” with only 1 year of residency…
It’s a MONEY-SPINNER for the university at about $400,000 for 4 years ($100K pa), one of the world’s most expensive degrees.

>

I can imagine!!! The way UK unis look for money eh, its quite alarming! Just hold bar and some correct certificate can be yours!

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by nduchucks: 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Doctor of Business degree, like a Doctor of Engineering degree does not typically require a thesis/ dissertation.

Unlike the your requirements for a PhD, all you have to do is course work. Such degrees are geared towards professional careers as opposed to academics and research.

Theses degrees are easier to obtain than PhDs. Nonetheless, obtaining such is a great achievement. Kudos to Jim oh.

I suspect that Jimoh made substantial donations to the University to offer him the opportunity. An MBA is typically sufficient to be successful on business. Jimoh just wants to called a Doctor.

Typical Nigerian mentality. Being referred to as Engnr. Lagbaja, Architect Labaru, e.t.c. gives my people great joy.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by SendoSendal: 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
Oh, do they knee down to collect degree at Cambridge? Was wondering why he had to knee down.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by frog12: 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
so he is a business mogul but still needs a doctorate in business? hahahah grin grin grin grin
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by TotalRunter: 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
9jaRealist:

He’s likely the first BECAUSE THE CAMBRIDGE BusD DEGREE WAS ONLY LAUNCHED IN 2017… grin grin
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/cambridge-plans-charge-ps230k-fees-business-doctorate

In other words, the 4-year BusD degree is only about FIVE YEARS OLD…
And is a degree that relies heavily on “life experience” with only 1 year of residency at Cambridge.

CONGRATS to him all the same…
But why make it seem like people have unsuccessfully been trying to get the degree for the past 800 years?!

>

There are few people as fraudulent as Jimoh Ibrahim in this century. Guy is not even rich he's just a fraud from beginning to the end
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by 9jaRealist: 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
nduchucks:
Doctor of Business degree, like a Doctor of Engineering degree does not typically require a thesis/ dissertation.

Unlike the your requirements for a PhD, all you have to do is course work. Such degrees are geared towards professional careers as opposed to academics and research.

Theses degrees are easier to obtain than PhDs. Nonetheless, obtaining such is a great achievement. Kudos to Jim oh.

I suspect that Jimoh made substantial donations to the University to offer him the opportunity. An MBA is typically sufficient to be successful on business. Jimoh just wants to called a Doctor.

Typical Nigerian mentality. Being referred to as Engnr. Lagbaja, Architect Labaru, e.t.c. gives my people great joy.

His “donation” was the $100K per year tuition for the four-year program…
The Cambridge BusD (distinct from the DBA or PHD) is one of the world’s most expensive degrees (even more than Wharton’s EMBA).
>
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by 9jaRealist: 1:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
SendoSendal:
Oh, do they knee down to collect degree at Cambridge? Was wondering why he had to knee down.

Sadly, they still do…
At both Cambridge and Oxford.
>
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by sematec(m): 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nigerians know book for papers
In realities they are dumbed and have poor sense of judgement.
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Nokio1: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
First class PhD!!! Aftér his staff will b carrying placards ...oga jimoh pay us our 6years salary
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by sematec(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
In realities they are dumbed and have poor sense of judgement.
Look at Nigeria it you like produce the best academia, Nigeria will become more than when we start looking into producing good leadership
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2022
visijo:
I sabi book
I sabi book,
Oya what's the opposite of welcome �

Go well or welgo. Boy, I sabi! First class honours for English syntaxtology.

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by LyfeJennings(m): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
this man has lost weight o
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by Simube99: 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
see below

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by sematec(m): 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
In realities they are dumbed and have poor sense of judgement. they prefer been lead by people of questionable characters because of religious and ethnic bias
Look at Nigeria it you like produce the best academia, Nigeria can only become better when we start producing good leadership that will transcend across the next 50 years
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by emapeteum(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2022
Because somebody had a degree which may not transform the economy of Ondo State, a governor had to leave the business of governance and travelled to the UK for the celebration? A third-world country always celebrating things that do not transform the lives of an ordinary citizen

1 Like

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by hexenbiest: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
Knowledge is indeed power, Congratulations to him.... Meanwhile I'm securing the bag trading crypto at the best market rates on https://yellowcard.io/

Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by SendoSendal: 2:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
W
Re: Jimoh Ibrahim Bags Cambridge's First Business Doctorate Degree (Video) by vicfajeze: 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2022
mixta140:
Make I ask you simple one sef... What's the opposite of purple?
UNPURPLE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Profile Of Bassey Otu, Cross River Governor-elect / FG To Release Calendar Of Festivals Across Country In 2017 - Lai Mohammed / Don’t Crucify Ortom For Leaving APC, Says Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.