Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. (518 Views)

God Bless PRESIDENT TINUBU GOTV Supa Is Going To Be 10500 / GOD Bless President Buhari On Border Closure / God Bless President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. by maybet081: 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2022
On 25th on February 2022 president BUHARI signed the new electoral act.
Without going into full details simply understand that the new electoral act made election rigging and manipulation almost impossible.

For me I think that single act is the greatest democratic achievement of the last 2 decades in Nigeria.

That honourable act by the president have given the electroates, their rightful position in choosing who to lead them.

The result of osun election wouldn't have been possible with out the this very reform.
And this are the results that future election in Nigeria will give, allow the people to decide.

Our hopes in democracy have been deepened.

1 Like

Re: God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
They should biko send the power decentralization bill to him ..let all this yeye power distribution firm go and Sempe ....
Re: God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. by MMWandali: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2022
I think he did it because of intense pressure from the people and civil society groups and even INEC that insisted on not working with the previous Act
Re: God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. by maybet081: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2022
MMWandali:
I think he did it because of intense pressure from the people and civil society groups and even INEC that insisted on not working with the previous Act

maybe, yet he did it, he could have refused.
Re: God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. by mrvictornews: 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2022
Re: God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. by SmartPolician: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
I think we should be thanking legislators who crafted and sponsored the bill.

They did a great job for the country, especially for the area that talked about politicians not having the right to buy two nomination forms for two different positions in the same election season.

As for Buhari, he didn't have a choice because the legislature can actually bypass him and pass the bill if he refused to sign it.
Re: God Bless President Momahed BUHARI For This Single Act. by Adblg0610: 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
SmartPolician:
I think we should be thanking legislators who crafted and sponsored the bill.
They did a great job for the country, especially for the area that talked about politicians not having the right to buy two nomination forms for two different positions in the same election season.
As for Buhari, he didn't have a choice because the legislature can actually bypass him and pass the bill if he refused to sign it.
I think we should give him the credit for signing the electoral bill into law. If he had refused to sign it ,the APC legislators would have supported him.
Why did they not bypass him on the previous occasions he had declined assent.
I think we should give honour to whom honour is due. If we can blame him when he is wrong, we should praise him for this.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

APC Mandate- No 6 And 12 Makes Me Thinks Most Nigerians Were Bewitched / Randy Woman Grabs Presidential Candidate's Private Part During Campaign (video) / Be Honest, Why Do You Love Peter Obi?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.