Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US (21963 Views)

Sweden Enters Recession As Inflation Hits Consumers / Thousands Of Birds Drop Dead From The Sky In New Mexico (Photos) / Millions Of Locusts Attack India, Residential Areas Turning Sky Black (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Shascky33: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2022
27Pushing30:

Its you who is a dumbasss for not understanding the differences in Nigeria's economic pillars and that of the USA... if advance european and Asian markets can be reeling do you expect their customer's like Nigeria who rely on their raw materials and finished goods to be smiling?

I keep saying it that the average APC critic is very very ignorant.

Bro if ur country have been agro surficient as tinubu and buhari promised in 2014, if those refinaries were functioning as they promised to fix, if they had tackled insecurity and improved oil production in the niger delta, Nigeria would have been exporting refined oil, crude, lng and food. You would have had enough raw material and cheaper fuel. You would have been raking in billions in forex. Economy would be stable even in the face of ukraine crisis. China and russia are more economically stable right now.
Na you no sabi macro economics.
Useless APC sympathizers.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by JohnOkolo: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-prices-climate-and-environment-21dd211bcccb049fc1e20e4ca36220be?taid=62dd73c2fcad210001329bad&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

But if Diesel increases price in Nigeria rhee will blame Buhari and APC.

Nigeria is not isolated from what is going on worldwide, even as we are a oil producing nation

1 Like

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Exumal: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2022
jojothaiv:
It rains everywhere...
But some get canopy and bough, while some just dey spoil the canopy come destroy the bough as well as.q

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Horokrox: 9:34am On Jul 26, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

Well, the USA is the world's largest producer of crude oil. They import less than 5% of their needs.

The problem is, as the price of crude rises, so too does the cost of producing the diesel, and other refined products like fuel and kerosene..

Something similar is happening with global bread prices. Wheat prices are rising...and with that so does bread prices.
STOP spewing forth THRASH Saudi Arabia is the world's largest producer of crude oil followed by Russia undecided
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Shascky33: 9:36am On Jul 26, 2022
cucumbar:
what is happening in Ghana?
27% Inflation

1 Like

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by kiddkash(m): 9:37am On Jul 26, 2022
GeneralPula:

Well, no one knows Putin will invade Ukraine and there’s nothing trump would have done aside from asslicking putin.
it never happened under Trump, it never happened under Angela Merkel.

after the US and Germany leaders left office, Taliban entered, Kim grew bigger, Iran grew bigger and this mess happening I the world right now.
Trump and Merkel had a way to sweet-talk people in order to get their desired end and maintaining some level of calmness

they know how to tune someone
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Shascky33: 9:41am On Jul 26, 2022
themanderon:

You will pay for this statement if you don't repent. Every hash words you have spoken against him you will account for. You can hate Christ all you want but do not speak ill against him. Many that did regretted their folly.
Fvck Jesus
Fvck Christ
Fvck God and
Fvck You.
have a nice day.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 26, 2022
Horokrox:
STOP spewing forth THRASH Saudi Arabia is the world's largest producer of crude oil followed by Russia undecided

Well, according to this website

1.US produces 11,184,870 barrels of crude per day
2.Russia produces 10,111,130 barrels of crude per day
3.Saudi Arabia produces 9,313,135 barrels of crude per day.

Also same according to this site. Up to date information.

United States 11,567,000
Russia 10,503,000
Saudi Arabia 10,225,000

US is no 1, followed by Russia and Saudi

Good morning to you too.

4 Likes

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by themanderon: 9:46am On Jul 26, 2022
Shascky33:

Fvck Jesus
Fvck Christ
Fvck God and
Fvck You.
have a nice day.

Its all fun and games till poo hits the fan.

1 Like

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Bigchristo22(m): 9:47am On Jul 26, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-prices-climate-and-environment-21dd211bcccb049fc1e20e4ca36220be?taid=62dd73c2fcad210001329bad&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter
Effects of Russia sanctions is boomerang, continue deceiving yourselves that Russia is a bad country while trying to Isolate them there will be consequences of doing such, Europe and US are into fuel and economy crisis since they decided to sanction Russia
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Shascky33: 9:47am On Jul 26, 2022
Horokrox:
Mumu go and read. America is world largest producer, but imports oil because of her large industry and demand. Saudi and Russia largest exporters. Get ur facts straight b4 disgracing urself. Olodo rabata!

1 Like

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by MiaBeer(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2022
Boyooosa:
Another sad news from US that will give our leaders undue morale...sad
Continue! As if you will not sell your entire village in order to be here in US. Keep being in denial without knowing that your problems in Nigeria is a thousand times greater than the ones here.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by maasoap(m): 9:57am On Jul 26, 2022
adecz:
undecided

Oyibo too complain.

40 to 60% increase in anything & dem
go dey shout.

For 9ja, diesel & cooking gas prices
have gone up over 200% in the last one
year & we are still saying "Sai Jagaba"
for Higher Ne❌t Le✔️el 2023 ❗️❗️

Before Buhari commot, dollar go
be 1500 & petrol N600/ litre.

Don't say I didn't tell you.

Jagaban is not responsible for your suffering, Nigerians made their choices. And this news, not about Nigerians but Americans
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by ZionwolSolution: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2022
Really

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by cucumbar: 10:06am On Jul 26, 2022
Shascky33:

27% Inflation
wow! shocked Nigeria is headed towards that figure.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by adecz: 10:17am On Jul 26, 2022
maasoap:

Jagaban is not responsible for your suffering, Nigerians made their choices. And this news, not about Nigerians but Americans

Who brought Buhari in 2015 & sponsored him, after Buhari was rejected 3 times at the polls❓

By 2019, Buhari simply rigged himself
back for second term☹️
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Horokrox: 10:31am On Jul 26, 2022
Shascky33:

Mumu go and read. America is world largest producer, but imports oil because of her large industry and demand. Saudi and Russia largest exporters. Get ur facts straight b4 disgracing urself. Olodo rabata!
Mumu if truly she we're the "largest producer" she wouldn't be importing oil grin
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Boyooosa(m): 10:43am On Jul 26, 2022
MiaBeer:

Continue! As if you will not sell your entire village in order to be here in US. Keep being in denial without knowing that your problems in Nigeria is a thousand times greater than the ones here.

Did you even read my comment at all, before you sent in this dumb message... sorry o, Americana, no be your fault, if our leaders here fix Nigeria, you would have come back home just like some Ghanaians relocating to their home country from even US and the rest.

In my comment, it incites that 'our leaders will have excuse to justify their cluelessness to fix our economic problems'. Read again.

How did I belittle US or mock them, abegiii!
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Boyooosa(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2022
Myde4naija:
not an undue morale but reality of the world ans we ain't exceptional

Yeah, I agree with you but the work rate of our leaders in proffering solutions to the 'global" economic challenge is ridiculous.

Afterall, by default, they have not been managing our resources fantastically, do you want to disapprove that too
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by bigiyaro(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2022
Mynd44:
41% increase ke?
41% is shocking when we Nigerians are doing 200% in 3 days without blinking.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Boyooosa(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2022
twentyfivekobo:

No, it does not give our leaders morale, and it should not.

The simple reason why diesel prices are rising worldwide is because the price of the raw material from whence diesel is refined...crude oil...is rising. If the price of crude oil was not rising, diesel prices would not be that high.

We have the same issue in Nigeria...rising crude oil prices....which has caused diesel, kerosene, etc to rise...except for petrol, which remains relatively low because government pays a subsidy to keep it low...but the cost of the subsidy is rising with the rise in crude oil prices.

I understand your analysis and they are genuine, I know.

But come to think of it, before the recent crisis, our leaders have been mismanaging or siphoning our common resources...I think you know that - that's my point and this is another gentle excuse for them to be vocal about the reason Nigeria is also facing economic crisis..it's their usual way.

They make reference to occasional unfortunate incidence that happens in sane countries to justify their callousness and cluelessness here.

They made reference to flood in UK back then, they made reference to few racist terrorism that happen in US to justify their their efforts on incessant terrorism here (even threatening to abduct the number citizen of the nation with evidential attempts).

They compare shortfalls in sane countries with our own direction-less economic status.

It is well my brother
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Boyooosa(m): 10:59am On Jul 26, 2022
henrimoto:
....i dey tell you.

One day, bush meat go catch the hunter
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by praisecliff(m): 11:47am On Jul 26, 2022
timesup234:
Trump cant even fight iran. Iran will wipe america from world map. You watch too many hollywood movies and play too much call of duty

Think before you open your mouth waaw and be saying what you don't know.

Iran that do not even pose as a trait to common Germany.

i only hear about iran when they talk about sanctions upon sanctions and maybe small talks about neclear weapons.

last i remember,DONALD TRUMP Killed their second in command and they were swearing up and down to destory america,but since then america has been standing,even small Israel they can't go up against.

say what you know and stop taking weed,you will do yourself good.

Have a nice day.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Shascky33: 11:50am On Jul 26, 2022
Horokrox:
Mumu if truly she we're the "largest producer" she wouldn't be importing oil grin
I pitty your parents for wasting school fees. America is the highest consumer of energy world wide, followed by china and india. America consumes more energy than it produces. With a gdp of abt 24trillion usd and huge industries... Bro you should be ashamed of yourself. Well, nairaland is a faceless forum and 5 star hotel for dumb asses like you. Asshole!
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Panda7(m): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2022
with the mixed economy america is practicing things are still getting hard, maybe they need to look at europe economic idea. environmental protection is not a rocket science

AnonPoet:

Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by MiaBeer(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2022
Boyooosa:

Did you even read my comment at all, before you sent in this dumb message... sorry o, Americana, no be your fault, if our leaders here fix Nigeria, you would have come back home just like some Ghanaians relocating to their home country from even US and the rest.

In my comment, it incites that 'our leaders will have excuse to justify their cluelessness to fix our economic problems'. Read again.

How did I belittle US or mock them, abegiii!
It must have pained you well well to type your garbage response. Handle your problems in Nigeria and don’t write or talk about issues in other Countries because you look dumb somehow.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Mccullum: 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2022
US and other western countries sanctioned Russia with hope of crushing her economy,

they forget that the economy power has been shared between the the West and Eastern countries

which were champions by China and India, this causes the weakness of their sanctions against Russia,

hence it turn to collateral damage as they've been suffering since the commencement of the war.

Four days ago Hungarian Prime Minister said it's very obvious that those sanctions against Russia has failed,

that it'll be better for US and Russia to dialogue for peace to end the war because his country will

continue receiving of Russia gas.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by jojothaiv(m): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2022
Exumal:

But some get canopy and bough, while some just dey spoil the canopy come destroy the bough as well as.q
In summary, Naija don cast no be today.
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by 27Pushing30: 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Shascky33:

Bro if ur country have been agro surficient as tinubu and buhari promised in 2014, if those refinaries were functioning as they promised to fix, if they had tackled insecurity and improved oil production in the niger delta, Nigeria would have been exporting refined oil, crude, lng and food. You would have had enough raw material and cheaper fuel. You would have been raking in billions in forex. Economy would be stable even in the face of ukraine crisis. China and russia are more economically stable right now.
Na you no sabi macro economics.
Useless APC sympathizers.

Show me a country that became agro sufficient in 8 years.

I’ll wait.

Show me ONE:

For the others you’re obviously not on a level I can term knowledgeable about finance and security
Re: Sky-High Diesel Prices Squeeze Truckers, Farmers, Consumers In The US by Shascky33: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2022
27Pushing30:

Show me a country that became agro sufficient in 8 years.

I’ll wait.

Show me ONE:

For the others you’re obviously not on a level I can term knowledgeable about finance and security
We might not have achieved agro surficiency in 8yrs , bt we are 8 yrs worst b4 ur terrorist sympathising APC came. Its easier to defend a regime when she has sound and result oriented policies. Bro, defending APC will just make u sound dumb when ain't really dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" / Ali Khamenei: US Middle East Plan Will Die Before Trump - Iran's Supreme Leader / Israel Knew Of Hamas' Plan A Year Ago (New York Times)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.