Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,080 members, 7,814,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media (9570 Views)

2023 Elections Not Credible — Davido / Alake: Obi's Supporters Are Not Committed, Elections Not Won On Social Media / Elections Not Postponed - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by etokhana: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
The Chairman, Electoral Matters of the African Democratic Congress, Chief Anayo Arinze, has told the Labour Party and its presidential candidate, Peter Obi, not to be deceived by their massive social media following.

Arinze said those campaigning for the LP and its candidate via social media were only doing so to deceive them because the Independent National Electoral Commission had no polling units on social media platforms.

He stated this on Sunday at the ADC stakeholders’ meeting in Awka while noting that Obi’s popularity was mainly on social media and that the LP would not make any good headway because it had no structure nor politician to push its candidates for the 2023 electoral exercise.

According to him, the 2023 general election will be keenly contested across the states of the Federation and will be different from past elections.

He said, “I don’t think the Labour Party would make any good headway in the election. They are currently the champion on social media. They have no structure at all levels, including Anambra State, where its presidential candidate comes from.

“They have no offices where they do hold meetings except social media platforms, so how do you expect them to have votes on the election?”

He also noted that it would take a miracle for the Labour Party with no structure at the grassroots to win the election, particularly, in Anambra State.

He said the purpose of the ADC stakeholders’ meeting was to articulate the way forward for the party and its candidates for the 2023 general election.

He boasted that since the registration of the ADC in 2006 as a political party in Nigeria under the leadership of Chief Ralphs Nwosu, it had always produced the best presidential candidate that would transform Nigeria into a global super power, starting with Prof. Pat Utomi to the late Dr Obediah Mailafia, the former Deputy Governor of Central Bank Nigeria.

“For the 2023 presidential election, we have presented to Nigerians another great thinker, technocrat, a highly successful businessman, builder and entrepreneur, Mr Dumebi Kachikwu, whose businesses cut across 20 countries in four continents to take Nigeria to greater levels. Dumebi is ready and spurred to give Nigeria a holistic transformation to a global super power and reckoning in the community of nations,” he added.

He urged members of the party to re-enact their zeal, commitment and patriotism towards the party and all its candidates.

“Now that ADC is at the verge of winning major electoral victories in 2023, I implore all of you to stick with the party, shun anti-party activities as many of you are doing presently and focus on the ADC campaigns. Ensure that your wings are well covered. Let us work to deliver Mr Dumebi Kachikwu and our great party, the ADC, in 2023,” he noted.

https://punchng.com/elections-not-on-social-media-adc-tells-obi/?amp

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Malory: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2022
What is ADC? Is it a name of BBN housemate? Irrelevant party.

115 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Totilopussylick(m): 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
This is a party no one knows it exists cheesy

ADC is an offspring of APC.

Both parties will never recover from shock after the next presidential elections in Nigeria tongue

Obi/Datii till 2027.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by fourboys: 12:47pm On Jul 26, 2022
He is right, that's why I always clean my PVC... Obi our pvc na ur own cool

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by posty56: 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2022
how many times do Peter obi haters have to repeat it ,we know! , even Peter obi did not win at Least we tried to do the right thing by voting a competent leader , unlike the other two who can't wait to get their dirty fingers on our national purse

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by dododawa1: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Better true

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Yes, the ADC chairman is right.

But that is a message too for ADC....they are largely on social media, not on the ground. Compared to Obi, who has a lot of work to do to get more voters, they have 10000000000 times more work to do to get people to even cast a few votes for their party.

So, even as he is telling Obi, he better tell himself that message too. ADC get work.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by lawavaro: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022

I'd rather remain OBI-dient and YUSFUL than become an ATIKUlated heroine drug baron like Tinubu.

God forbid BAT thing

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Kennitrust(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
We know about Davido through social media.
Today, anywhere Davido appear, mammoth crowd will follow him.

We started endsars protest on social media
Before you know, the whole country was on lock down

We heard about buhari campaign on social media, before you know every corner of Nigeria was for buhari in 2015

Never underestimate the power of social media.

Na people dey social media!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by iCauseTrouble: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Any politician that wants to trend must just find a way to insult Peter Obi. Even ADC small yansh dey shake

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by ZeroChil: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Arysexy(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2022
Who be this one again?

They are counting meat, kpomo dey raise hand ✋

Who know you?

Anybody that wants to be popular now wanna use Obi's popularity to climb to relevance.

If social media does not count, why are you bothered? Is your target not for Obi to lose? So why making noise about it? Allow him to fail na.

SMH

We are OBIdiently waiting for February 2023

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Zico5(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Set of misguided fellows. They want to win election without structure. They are speculating 100% for SE/SS, 90% for SW, 80% for NC and 50% for NW/NE. They have turned presidential election to Bet9ja. Their failure go loud o. They forgot the millions that will vote are not even on social media. All they are quick at is to abuse, nothing in their brains

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
The way these crooks and their supporters worry about Obi's waves in social media gives us joy that we support the right man.

If social media does not contribute to election, why is Tinubu and Atiku having social media accounts?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Soso990240(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Everybody wan use Obi trend now. If election is not won on social media, leave him to fail nah.. is he not your opponent? Do u want him to win ahead of you? Was it not Social media and Sowore's Sahara reporter that Buhari, Tinubu and Elrufai used to destroy Goodluck's Government? Was it not Social Media propaganda that Sowore and Tinubu used spoil Goodluck's regime and sold Buhari to us as a saint? Now same criminals are coming to us with a new song, and even students on strike are still campaigning for them. e no go better for people wey de play tribal and religious politics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Fiscus105(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Revolution can start from any angle.

If you are sincere with urself, you would know that Obi is gaining momentum than expectations.

Before BAT lamented that one party would labor till date, he had been seen negative impacts.

If south east and majority south south follow Obi and majority xtians in the north boycott Islamic party. That's the end of Tinubu. Definitely it will be between Oni and Atiku

2 Likes

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Ekemax: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Even lizard the showcase strength grin

6 Likes

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Prozico22(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
GOD anybody supporting APC
My mother
My girl friend
My sibling
My friend
My external family
Cut them all from me I dont need there help because the are all evil

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by pol23: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
This Peter Obi new status is really mad oo….
Many of them dey fear.
But truly,Peter Obi should wake up and smell the coffee.
My kid sister who is one of Peter Obi’s fan collected 2 days off from work just to her PVC …. I asked her about the location of her polling Unit,She said Ologolo, question is where’s Ologolo,being living in Lekki for 5 years and never heard that name…
We later use google map and we found out it’s like 10 km away…. On Election Day with wey motor no go waka… how you go teach there?
These are the kind of people shouting Peter Obi or nothing and celebrities that might not even be in town on Election Day…
75% of those likes and retweet’s won’t translate to vote because most of them don’t have PVC.
What I enjoy about this Obi frenzy is the revelation that people can actually believe in you and vote for you without Godfather and the regular thieves like Mr A from PpP and Mr T AqC are actually shitting their pants because of Obi.
Maybe by next election,we will have clearly good Nigerian revive this kind of Obi move and probably make it to the Abuja house.
People like Donald Duke ,Fashola, etc
Me go vote for PDP, simply because I prefer them to this new thieves in town.
Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2022
Naso bubu own take start 2015...

And he happen..

Oba goo

1 Like

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Antoeni(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
Who is ADC?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by verybadmouth(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
There eye go clear after the elections in 2023. They will kill themselves. Sebi na Biafra una want, presidency, una no go smell.

Tufiakwa.

2 Likes

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by MMWandali: 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
Some people thought that
Campaigns
Have started

When campaign starts with a month, then they should talk
Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by chrisxxx(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
Election is not won on social media but Buhari won through the damning articles of Yoruba Press against Jonathan disseminated via social media. Printing of posters is social media. Granting press interview is also social media. You meet people by proxy via social media. While election is not won on social media you cant win without social media.

2 Likes

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by cosmatika(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
Lol
Who be this one? You wan use Obi dey popular too?
Somebody that will never win one pulling unit wan put mouth for Obi matter.
Oga abeg swerve

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by mcdokwe(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2022
Just mention Obi and Labour party and your own party will spring from a place of obscurity to become the most structured party with offline offices across the globe not just Nigeria.

Don't go and look for work be claiming ADC.

Meanwhile, for all escrow services, depend on www.escrowpaddy.com

2 Likes

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Navalsadiq(m): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
Tell them make them hear

2 Likes

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by dyera(m): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
The youths are on social media. These old things keep underestimating the youths, but they will be shocked by the number of youth across the country that will dust their PVC and go out to vote for Peter Obi on that day.

2 Likes

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
Who will steal more money if elected. Tinubu or Atiku

1 Like

Re: Anayo Arinze To Peter Obi: Elections Not On Social Media by McOluOmo: 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ok

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Govt Accused Of Feeding Kids With 'Juju Cutlery' / Tunde Bakare's Explosive Interview: "I Will Soon Expose Ribadu"! / Rustico, Ambassador Of Italy Visits Osinbajo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.