Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis (23600 Views)

Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis / Anambra Police Forces Transporters To Obey Covid-19 Safety Directives (Photos) / Thousands Of Venezuelans Trying To Enter Columbia To Escape Economic Crisis(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by NwaNimo1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2022
Private transport owners have announced a 25 percent increase in fares for commercial trips on inter state routes.

In a memo issued on Tuesday, the Association of Private Transport Company Owners of Nigeria (APTCON) asked its members to effect the increase from August 25, 2022.

The development comes after Premium Breadmakers Association of Nigeria (PBAN) announced that the price of bread is expected to rise by 20 percent over the increase in price of raw materials occasioned by the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine.

The transporters said owing to the prevalent harsh economic situation as well as the recently announced increase in petrol pump price across the country, the board of APTCON, in collaboration with its member companies, deliberated and unanimously agreed that a marginal increase in interstate transportation fares is inevitable.

The operators also explained that this increase was borne out of the “downturn that has greatly affected all sectors of the economy, especially transportation. In response to the high cost of operations, while many trade associations have increased charges as a means of survival, some others, like the elitist airlines, have received post pandemic intervention funds from the government.”

The group pointed out scarcity of forex and high exchange rates have made it impossible for transporters to purchase new vehicles while cost of spare parts for vehicle maintenance has risen by almost 80%.

‘’These challenges have taken a significant toll on the revenue of private transport company owners across Nigeria as most transporters are either operating at a loss or at cost. While some have had to shut down operations completely, many others have expressed their inability to pay salaries much less run profitably.

‘’To address the situation, APTCON hereby implores all private interstate passenger transport company owners of Nigeria to increase bus fares by at least 25% effective 25th August, 2022.

“It is important to mention that although this increase will be beneficial to all stakeholders, it will only work if we all work hand in hand to enforce it at our various parks, stations and terminals,” it said.

https://dailytrust.com/transporters-increase-fare-over-economic-crisis

3 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Coolsperm: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ok now, pls let us all becareful, those who supported Buhari and now the same useless people supporting Tinubu , don't be disceived

162 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Boogyman557: 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2022
Holly Gram cool My KALA, my WEED and my new laptop, all of them de OBIdient!

OBIdient is the master KEY..

touch not my WEED and do my LITA no HARM..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by iCauseTrouble: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
In a saner clime, no politician will attach itself with APC. But Tinubu is still saying he will continue from where Buhari stopped and some people are still supporting him..... Truly, some people are in life-covenant with suffering.

136 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Tb222(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
All will be well with Nigeria and Nigerians, this storm shall soon be over.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
U
Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by freeminded(m): 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
Please y'all shouldn't be unfortunate ooo

Vote Wisely....even blind man know say rain dey fall

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Otunbakayce: 8:19pm On Jul 26, 2022
Okay
Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Kikih: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Sleyk: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin...I no fit laugh oOoOO...

Share this country them no gree...las las, everyone go hear whimmmm. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by inoki247: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Even the one wey dey use Petrol dey increase dere own fare ���
Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by MadeInChina: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Bastard apc zombies like the vulture griller will avoid this thread like a plague

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by LuvsBeautifl: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
It's still a mystery to me how Nigerians have not shutdown this country already. Sri Lanka did not get half of what we've been getting steadily for the last 7 years and we are all comfortable with the top to bottom situation.
A loaf of bread (family size) is almost 1k. Like my family now, we need 2 of those for a proper meal. Other things Neva join.
I have been praying that that thing that will cause a turn around in this country's situation should come quick. May God save us.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Worldofall: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
It took Sri Lanka citizens 2 weeks to chase out all the bad govt in there country but in my country nepotism, tribalism and corruption has destroy the essence of humanity. We the ordinary Nigerians will continue to be at the receiving end while we cheer our oppressors and their families, their sons and daughters will go and get quality education from foreign land and we continue the family business why the ordinary citizen perish in penury.

I weep for my country but there is little or nothing we can do about it because they have successfully dissected us against each other.

The only way is to join the oppressors or die off.

The person that curse this country strong wella

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Tvoice: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Na normal thing , even bread don increase because of flour , everything na untop ucrane and russia wey dey fight , mad people everywhere, anything wey go up for Nigeria nor dey com down .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by mkoabiola: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Buhari is synonymous with hardship..

11 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by majamajic(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
Next time vote APC

6 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Ghester: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2022
NIGERIANS GET READY
INFLATION IS LOOMING.

Russia has shut all the fuel supply to all the European countries, things would go worse now
GO BUY NON-PERISHABLE ITEMS

2 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hmm
Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by NavasBit: 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
It is happening in the whole world �. I'm telling you Nigeria own fair. Ask anyone outside the country. We only need secure security and stable economy. Global crisis. I've done my research before saying this.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Cupidkc(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
Not only them... Even airlines in Nigeria don increase their flight tickets.

5 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by valuedammy(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
How we dey even cope as humanbeing sef ?

4 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Rechargeam247(f): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
Hmmn!
Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by dalass(f): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2022
Data eight

1 Like

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Lovelife433(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Tinubu will never die well, it will never be well with his generation to come for dis calamity he brought upon Nigerians.

18 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Offpoint1: 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Don't panic yet...
Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by gerizzim: 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
Tfare from point A to point B in some route within Lagos is killing. trekking don be the norm

7 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by lonecatt(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
nothing good will come out from this government

6 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by ecomm(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2022
9ja ...

3 Likes

Re: Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis by Taiwojon(m): 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
Ok na.

No matter how hard the country is.
WE WILL SURVIVE.

Anyway
Come get total emancipated through live on Thursday 28 of July to 2nd of August.

Venue: ikorodun.
There will be free transport bus to carry you to and fro all over Lagos.
The Lord await to bless and to emancipated you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing AirAsia Plane: 162 People (Including 17 Children) On Board / What Special Services Do You Receive When You Fly Business/First Class? / Anambra Importers Now Use Lagos Seaport - Rivers Operators Cry Out To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.