Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis (20829 Views)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Transporters Increase Fare Over Economic Crisis / Aero Contractors Passengers Taking Refuge Under The Aircraft In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by dre11(m): 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
[b.Nigeria’s Oldest Carrier, Aero Contractors, Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis[/b]

Nigeria’s oldest airline, Aero Contractors, has temporarily suspended operations over economic crisis.

Airlines have been complaining about the skyrocketing price of Aviation fuel known as Jet A1 as well as its scarcity.

The Airline Operators of Nigeria (AON) had recently hinted that two airlines may soon stop operation over the Jet A1 crisis and other operational challenges that have left the airlines bleeding.

In a statement announcing the development, the airline said the suspension of operation would take effect on July 20.

The statement said the temporary cessation of operations “does not in any way affect the Maintenance activities of the Approved Maintenance Organisation (AMO) otherwise known as AeroMRO, the Approved Training Organisation (ATO) also known as Aero Training School, the Helicopter and Charter Services operations.”

“This decision was carefully considered and taken due to the fact that most of our aircrafts are currently undergoing Maintenance, resulting in our inability to offer a seamless and efficient service to our esteemed customers.”

“We are working to bring these aircrafts back to service in the next few weeks, so we can continue to offer our passengers the safe, efficient, and reliable services that Aero Contractors is known for, which is the hallmark of Aero Contractors Company of Nig. Ltd.

“The past few months have been very challenging for the Aviation industry and the airline operators in particular. With the high cost of maintenance, skyrocketing fuel prices, inflation, and forex scarcity resulting in high foreign exchange rates. These are amongst the major components of airline operations.

“In the meantime, we are working assiduously to return to service as quickly as possible, and do assure our esteemed customers and stakeholders of our determination, that our short absence will not create any major void in the market, as we are coordinating with our business partners to ensure minimum discomfort to ticket holders.

“As members of Spring Alliance (a commercial alliance with member airlines providing mutual support in the area of operations), we are liaising with our partner airlines to minimise the impact on our esteemed customers.

“Our customer service team will be working to help affected esteemed customers reach their destinations.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to our esteemed customers and promise to return to service as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding at this time.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-nigerias-oldest-carrier-aero-contractors-halts-operations-over-economic-crisis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Oxb90: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2022
Oh Nigeria!
Buhari, TUFIAKWA.
If Buhari has left Nigeria in this form, what will happen if the man who brought him to power is given the same opportunity?
God instead of bad thing to happen make rain fall.

192 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Jessyjeff: 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
It's the economy, stupid!!

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2022
Aero cupboard .

That airline is just too rugged

Delaying is a must for them... grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by inoki247: 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2022
Make we still dey fly d one wey dey....

Air Peace and Green africa still dey rescue in local way dem still cheap small...

I just pray the Economy no send all of us bak to road soon.....

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Nazgul: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2022
The worse thing about this stuff is that despite the hardship APC has put Nigerians through, some people are warming up to reelect them next year, then resume their lamenting when the hardship begins to suffocate them. Nigerians are strange species.

May God help us

185 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2022
Buhari APC government just killed another company , sending hundreds of staffs into labour market and increasing poverty

APC must not be reinforced in 2023

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by omowolewa: 7:15pm On Jul 18, 2022
That halt means alot sha

Just shake head for this nation

What has been the essence of Our borrowings to date. That simply indicates Financial Capital is not Nigeria's problem.

So we got that heavy debt that refused to drive the Economy. O ma se o

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Zionmdde: 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:
Aero cupboard .

That airline is just too rugged

Delaying is a must for them... grin
They have never delayed my flight for once

The economy is going down
People are suffering
Yet some people are bent on bringing another old sick man who is fast losing his memory on board

133 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2022
Zionmdde:

People are suffering
Yet some people are bent on bringing another old sick man on board
Stop replying Helinues

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
Zionmdde:

People are suffering
Yet some people are bent on bringing another old sick man who is fast losing his memory on board

Aero contractor,you are lying.

They are master of delay. They must always have one or 2 issues Sha ni

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Zionmdde: 7:18pm On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

Aero contractor,you are lying.

They are master of delay. They must always have one or 2 issues Sha ni

Air peace are the masters not Aero.

25 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Stop replying Helinues

This conversation is not about Molue you have been jumping from one to another, why not sit and learn

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
Zionmdde:

Air peace are the masters not Aero.

Just wait for more NL'S to revalidate my statement about Aero.

Aero don tey for Nigeria oo,
Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by agadez007(m): 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2022
Buhari came to destroy the little things we were enjoying in Nigeria and now Tinubu wants to continue where Buhari stopped

I am laughing out loud

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

This conversation is not about Molue you have been jumping from one to another, why not sit and learn
I fly with one of the best airline in Nigeria and have proven that so many times right here

I'm the realest nairalander you've ever come across

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Odin13: 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
Apc wan finish Nigeria ..they wan drain everything before the leave

Evil party

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by gambia(m): 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2022
From top to bottom.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

I fly with one of the best airline in Nigeria and have proven that so many times right here

I'm the realest nairalander you've ever come across

The problem with you is you don't know how to mind your business..

Must you pokenose Into others affairs.

Mind you, I flew Aero regularly decade ago when Belview and Virgin Nigeria was still in operation.

The virgin Nigeria, I don't even stress myself about booking their tickets, na to just put a call through to my then ex working with them.

Know your mate, know your set, all the things that are just freaking you now are decade ago experience.
Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

The problem with you is you don't know how to mind your business..

Must you pokenose Into others affairs.

Mind you, I flew Aero regularly decade ago when Belview and Virgin Nigeria was still in operation.

The virgin Nigeria, I don't even stress myself about booking their tickets, na to just put a call through to my then ex working with them.

We are talking about Ibom air and you're talking about Belview

Belview that killed hundreds of Nigerians in one ill fated flight

I am new skool bro

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

We are talking about Ibom air and you're talking about Belview

Belview that killed hundreds of Nigerians in one ill fated flight

I am new skool bro

So tan, you are a newbie with flying yet you won't keep shut and learn from those who had far experience more than you.

I flew Belview to SA then. Virgin was my regular but should Incase if emergency and there is no space with Virgin, I go with Aero contractor cos they always have available space and they are cheaper than other airlines

2 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Vulturereloaded: 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2022
Tinubu Effect.

APC took Nigeria from Top to Botom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIfGyg_YERI

There is hope. The rescue team is here.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by GamalNasser: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2022
What Buhari cannot destroy does not exist

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

So tan, you are a newbie with flying yet you won't keep shut and learn from those who had far experience more than you.

I flew Belview to SA then. Virgin was my regular but should Incase if emergency and there is no space with Virgin, I go with Aero contractor cos they always have available space and they are cheaper than other airlines
I was privileged to fly Chanchangi and IRS back in the day as a kid but today that I've grown to a man, I fly Ibom air or Airpeace , you're not better than I am bro

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by JohnBullMySon: 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
Aero is a legacy airline. It'll be sad to see them cave in.

IMO, Aero and Arik should have merged a long time ago and maybe Dana (Unless they still fly those noisy MD80s).

7 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by Ulunne777(f): 7:36pm On Jul 18, 2022
cry

23 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

I was privileged to fly Chanchangi and IRS back in the day as a kid but today that I've grown to a man, I fly Ibom air or Airpeace , you're not better than I am bro

Cover your face with at least something.

You are flying locally and still making mouth. Can't even count how many same day returning trip I have made outside Nigeria.

Chai

3 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

Cover your face with at least something.

You are flying locally and still making mouth. Can't even count how many same day returning trip I have made outside Nigeria.

Chai
You fly to ordinary SA and you're bragging about it

If I show you pictures , you will worship me

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by JohnBullMySon: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Did you ever fly Nigerian airways. I'd like to hear how flying to New York in their DC10s felt those days. I'm an airline enthusiast.

Now only Delta connects Nigeria direct to the US. Atlanta and New York.
Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by helinues: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

You fly to ordinary SA and you're bragging about it

If I show you pictures , you will worship me

Why are you slow like this? I have been flying since 2006. Where were you then, probably still leaving with your parents.

The BBA that is freaking you now is something I watched comfortable during the time of Late Goldie.

Like I said earlier, know your mate, know your set and give respect to them so that you can live long

1 Like

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Did you ever fly Nigerian airways. I'd like to hear how flying to New York in their DC10s felt those days. I'm an airline enthusiast.

Now only Delta connects Nigeria direct to the US. Atlanta and New York.
I'm 29 years old bro

3 Likes

Re: Aero Contractors Halts Operations Over Economic Crisis by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
helinues:

Why are you slow like this? I have been flying since 2006. Where were you then, probably still leaving with your parents.

The BBA that is freaking you now is something I warltched comfortable dueigbthe time of Late Goldie.

Like I said earlier, know your mate, know your set and give respect to them so that you can live long
Flying to SA is nothing to be proud about

SA is a shitty country

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Things Nigerians Should Not Do On A Flight / Thread For Nigerians In Tahiti / Commercial Bus Rams Into A Fuel Tanker & A SUV In Gbagada (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.