Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking (16358 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / Nigerian Girls And Their Crave For Junk Meals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by konkocious(m): 10:53am On Aug 23, 2011
omo osan lonje ki won ko ponpo ba iya re na so sum naija girlz be, a yoruba girl wey no sabi cook go dey allow ppl dey rain abuse for her mama bc ppl go say since her mama no dey cook 4 her papa, how she go sabi cook?
Me o bring any yoruba food i go cook, u go bite ur hand, f**k wife wey no sabi cook,wetin u go teach ur children?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by fishmanjoe: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2011
AmeboAjela listen, Opra is not a Nigerian she doesnt have our culture, white men and other races still cling on to their cultures why are we doing away with ours and we are happy? White men study and lecture african traditional culture in their countries, dont you think it is foolishness tantamount to schizophrenic ideology to forget ours? Yes Men are chefs, is that not a profession or how narrow minded are you? My advice to you if you dont know how to cook, go back to your village and learn african food, no artificial spices because they are killing, that is nothing but the bitter truth, eat palm oil more of vegetable oil they contain powerful antioxidants, white men are preparing palm oit into capsule for sale to some foolish people, GOD SAVE NIGERIA!
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by shirleyz: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2011
@nigerhead and Natasha, thanks for saying the naija girls that know how to cook outweigh the ones who dont. I wonder where the poster got his statistics from. People just want to rush and give their own comments. The girl friends i have,majority of them are good cooks so i just wonder where peeps are getting this naija girls dont know how to cook statistics from. wink
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by blank(f): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2011
Abeg, whether dem born u with pot or dem no born u with spoon, all girls  at the minimum, should learn and know how to cook. Even if it is just rice and stew. its no big deal. If ur man wants to help u in the kitchen, all well and good but it speaks poorly of a lady not to know how to cook at all. Mistakes happen but it should not be the norm.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by DaDoctor: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2011
shirleyz:

@nigerhead and Natasha, thanks for saying the naija girls that know how to cook outweigh the ones who dont. I wonder where the poster got his statistics from. People just want to rush and give their own comments. The girl friends i have,majority of them are good cooks so i just wonder where peeps are getting this naija girls dont know how to cook statistics from. wink

KAI !! SOME GUYS DON EAT 'BELUSOM' cool cool

NDO INUGO!!!!!

MOST LADIES NO SABI COOK PERIOD! EVEN THE MARRIED ONE. SO I COME DEY WONDER WONDER O! HOW THE MARRIAGE TAKE HAPPEN ABI NA MR BIGGS MARRIAGE?

LOL
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
Nigerian women cant cook grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ok na, make you try my oyibo wife grin grin grin grin grin grin i am force to hit the kitchen, i nor fit shout, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin well some guys are great cook gone are those days we expect the women to be a master cook but i guess is a cultural thing, Most Nigerian women are expected in a large extent to be good cook but it does not work sometime, that my school of though i may be wrong, lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2011
I personally feel a "peculiar" kind of pride when I am in the kitchen cooking. I dont think cooking should be left solely for the women to do, however, I am in 100% support of women cooking. No matter the level of your beauty, education, wealth, etc. that is what makes you a complete woman. come on now, what would be the difference between my husband and myself if I am useless when thrown to the kitchen?? (I cringe at the thought!)

Women (and girls alike), cooking is a skill that can be acquired and if you do not know how to cook, you'd be better off learning so as to keep your marriage a happy one.

And OP most Nigerian ladies I know, know very well how to cook, so drop the generalization.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by TeeJay6(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
I think it is wholly irresponsible for a grown up woman to lack basic culinary skills; I mean when we strip away all the razmatazz of life there are basic skills that both genders need to possess. Men ought to be handy with basic domestic tasks and every woman should know how to prepare basic meals.
I am hardly surprised at the assertion that some/most naija girls cannot cook, they just seem to have their priority wrong all in the name of women liberation,
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by IYANGBALI: 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
but we can cook indomie noodles grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by MMM2(m): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2011
i dont know
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by justkency: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
I rarely comment on Nairaland but I feel very obliged to do so on this topic. It is so disgusting to hear words like "what's so important about cooking" from a woman. This is not about cooking, this is about home management in which cooking is an intrinsic part of. A woman who does not know how to cook is a poor home manager. What else would she be good at - watching t.v and tapping on her BB- don't say sex cos over time its going to be boring. A wife is like the Chief Executive Officer of the home, while the man is like the Chairman of the board, only carrying out oversight functions. Yes our society demands a lot from women maybe because we know they are endowed with the rarest of qualities we men don't have. To cut the story short, a woman who doesn't know how to cook isn't a woman yet. She is a girl in transition and she better wakes up to reality.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Demdem(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
justkency:

I rarely comment on Nairaland but I feel very obliged to do so on this topic. It is so disgusting to hear words like "what's so important about cooking" from a woman. This is not about cooking, this is about home management in which cooking is an intrinsic part of. A woman who does not know how to cook is a poor home manager. What else would she be good at - watching t.v and tapping on her BB- don't say sex cos over time its going to be boring. A wife is like the Chief Executive Officer of the home, while the man is like the Chairman of the board, only carrying out oversight functions. Yes our society demands a lot from women maybe because we know they are endowed with the rarest of qualities we men don't have. To cut the story short, a woman who doesn't know how to cook isn't a woman yet. She is a girl in transition and she better wakes up to reality.

me like the bolded.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Shanshani: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
Oparah remain single cos she can not fry egg or boil water for tea.
At her age kai God forbib bad thing. sad sad and cry
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by dboss4life: 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
sometimes i wander where our women are heading to in this country called naija, imagine a woman defending a fellow woman for not knowing how to cook, its so shameful and disgusting, as far as am concerned any woman who cannot prepare a good meal for her husband is useless no matter the level of her education.

some bitches are even saying their man should go to the kitchen and cook for them, then what is the use the man marrying the woman when she cannot cook him a good meal. if men should now be doing the cooking then women should go out to look for money to cater for the family, silly ass.

some women believe that it is just to open their legs wide open that is the only obligation they owe their man, its far more than that please. personally i cannot even marry a woman who doesn't know how to cook, fortunately for me my beloved wife is a good cook and thats why whatever she request from me, i give it to her happily because she is a priceless asset to me and even in my next life, i will still marry her.

so please for all the single ladies in nairaland i will advise you all to go and learn how to cook a good meal if you ever want to get married and have a happy home.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Natasha2(f): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2011
dboss4life:

sometimes i wander where our women are heading to in this country called naija, imagine a woman defending a fellow woman for not knowing how to cook, its so shameful and disgusting, as far as am concerned any woman who cannot prepare a good meal for her husband is useless no matter the level of her education.

some bitches are even saying their man should go to the kitchen and cook for them, then what is the use the man marrying the woman when she cannot cook him a good meal. if men should now be doing the cooking then women should go out to look for money to cater for the family, silly Bottom.

some women believe that it is just to open their legs wide open that is the only obligation they owe their man, its far more than that please. personally i cannot even marry a woman who doesn't know how to cook, fortunately for me my beloved wife is a good cook and thats why whatever she request from me, i give it to her happily because she is a priceless asset to me and even in my next life, i will still marry her.

so please for all the single ladies in nairaland i will advise you all to go and learn how to cook a good meal if you ever want to get married and have a happy home.
really? duh undecided undecided cooking is no guarantee for a happy home, if you can't marry a woman who can't cook then billions of men are ready to marry her, cooking should not be a woman thing cos nobody was born to cook if your only reason for marrying a woman is cooking then you your self are a bloody joker. so a woman is useless if she can't cook? really was a woman born to cook? If cooking is what makes a woman then I don't even want to know how to cook cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Natasha2(f): 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
shirleyz:

please tell them is just so annoying cos he came across a girl who didn't know how too cook so that means Nigerian girls don't know how to cook is just silly
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2011
Natasha,,:

really? duh  undecided undecided cooking is no guarantee for a happy home, if you can't marry a woman who can't cook then billions of men are ready to marry her, cooking should not be a woman thing cos nobody was born to cook if your only reason for marrying a woman is cooking then you your self are a bloody joker. so a woman is useless if she can't cook? really was a woman born to cook? If cooking is what makes a woman then I don't even want to know how to cook  cheesy 

^^ LOL @ billions of men will want to marry her.
So young. So very young.

I blame hollywood though. All the young ones care about now is the romance of courtship, and the grandieur of wedding day.
The movies hardly ever transition many years after that.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
Natasha,,:

please tell them is just so annoying cos he came across a girl who didn't know how too cook so that means Nigerian girls don't know how to cook is just silly
ng
many modern naija girls nowardays really dont know how to cook.all they are interested in is eating junk food.this is one reason when we naija men ask them out they beg us to carry them to mister biggs and mcdonalds grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Outstrip(f): 2:32am On Aug 24, 2011
lefulefu:

ng
many modern naija girls nowardays really dont know how to cook.all they are interested in is eating junk food.this is one reason when we naija men ask them out they beg us to carry them to mister biggs and mcdonalds grin

So do you really expect a girl to cook for you when you should be picking out a nice restaurant to wine and dine her. Abeg let me stop here before I say what I really want to say

Bush Men
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by mamagee3(f): 2:51am On Aug 24, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by kinguy(m): 6:53am On Aug 24, 2011
Shanshani:

Oparah remain single cos she can not fry egg or boil water for tea.
At her age kai God forbib bad thing. sad sad and cry

tell dem pls. d@s dia mentor, model, godess. . . All in d name of independence, civilisation. Reason hillary clinton didnot win her primaries is cos many american women says she's a woman who cant take kia of her home and u Xpect her 2 take kia of a nation. Dey gave an Xample of her hubby and lewisky's sex scandal, d@ it wz b'cos of her lifestyle her husband st@d havin sex outside marriage. Dey even brought oda domestic issues and oda women clinton bleeped D@s d most influencial living woman on earth.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by kinguy(m): 7:14am On Aug 24, 2011
Since its nobodys duty 2 cook, lets do it ds way. We get married, we live apart, u pay ur bills i pay mine, we have no. Of children d@ can equally be divided by 2 e.g. 4, u train urs i train mine, we Bleep ''after all sex is enjoyed by both parties'' since women are not ready 2 cook, i am not ready 2 spend my money. How about dat
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by kinguy(m): 7:47am On Aug 24, 2011
D reason we are sufferin in d world 2day is cos of a woman who cant cook. Adam went 4 hustlin came back and asked eve 4 food only 4 eve 2 bring him fast food bought 4rm d devil himself. If eve kuld cook she wuld av d world shuld av been a beta place. . . Islam, Budhaism, Judaism, Christianity, e.t.c always emphasize on women knowin hw 2 cook. Even devil wz a good cook dats y she could use her food 2 decieve a woman like her. She knows d secret *d quickest way 2 a mans heart is 2ru his stomach*
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 9:08am On Aug 24, 2011
kinguy:

D reason we are sufferin in d world 2day is cos of a woman who cant cook. Adam went 4 hustlin came back and asked eve 4 food only 4 eve 2 bring him fast food bought 4rm d devil himself. If eve kuld cook she wuld av d world shuld av been a beta place. . . Islam, Budhaism, Judaism, Christianity, e.t.c always emphasize on women knowin hw 2 cook. Even devil wz a good cook dats y she could use her food 2 decieve a woman like her. She knows d secret *d quickest way 2 a mans heart is 2ru his stomach*

guy u be clown i swear, lmao grin, anywayz fire hadn't being discovered then so she couldn't have prepared any food for him,

P.S all the girls i kno i can cook ooo, e bad as e bad dem fit cook indomie grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 9:11am On Aug 24, 2011
2buff:

^^ LOL @ billions of men will want to marry her.
So young. So very young.

I blame hollywood though. All the young ones care about now is the romance of courtship, and the grandieur of wedding day.
The movies hardly ever transition many years after that.

i feel u jare my guy,
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by armyofone(m): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
so Eve wasn't cooking in the garden of Eden? What book is that again? also which chapter and verse?
yeah, i thot i saw pots and pans in my book of bible story *hiss*

kinguy:

Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by ochukoccna: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

Na food be that?

Natasha,,:

really? duh undecided undecided if you can't marry a woman who can't cook then billions of men are ready to marry her

Billions of men? shocked shocked shocked shocked
How many people are really on the planet, About 7 billion.
How many of them are grown men within the lady's reach? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
How many men of marriageable age can a lady attract in her life time? undecided undecided undecided
Drop the billions, I believe you get the drift.

really? duh Undecided Undecided cooking is no guarantee for a happy home, , cooking should not be a woman thing cos nobody was born to cook if your only reason for marrying a woman is cooking then you your self are a bloody joker. so a woman is useless if she can't cook? really was a woman born to cook? If cooking is what makes a woman then I don't even want to know how to cook

Truly no was born to cook, but there are traditional roles even in all of our imported modernity, I cook may choose to help out wifey in the kitchen yet I expect her [and I believe most men do] to supervise the kitchen arrangements. All those jokes about the housemaid taking over and warming Madam's bed start with little issues like cooking.
When last did anyone listen to LADY by FELA
All this more, Abami E don prophesy
My sister is British educated, she cooks for her husband even with her accent
Many of us grew up to see her mothers, sisters, aunties, grandmothers cooking for their husbands even though they had maids to help out
This cooking sessions were bonding sessions where knowledge and skills passed down
Yorubas say 'Olobe lo ni oko'
Why do think Calabar women are said to have the lowest divorce rates in Nigeria?
If true, I believe it has to do with two notable skills Calabar ladies are brought up to possess
I leave you to go figure what they are
Even God showed up in His pre-incarnate form to sample Sarah's cooking- Gen18
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Outstrip(f): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2011
kinguy:

tell dem pls. d@s dia mentor, model, godess. . . All in d name of independence, civilisation. Reason hillary clinton didnot win her primaries is cos many american women says she's a woman who cant take kia of her home and u Xpect her 2 take kia of a nation. Dey gave an Xample of her hubby and lewisky's sex scandal, d@ it wz b'cos of her lifestyle her husband st@d havin sex outside marriage. Dey even brought oda domestic issues and oda women clinton bleeped D@s d most influencial living woman on earth.

Come on sharrap dia. See ya mouth like oprah did not cook. You think even if she chose to marry she would find someone that uses cooking as a requirement in chosing a life partner. If you stick to your level chances are that you will meet a woman that her sole focus in life is to cook for you. It is when you start reaching above your level that you start complaining. Stick to what you are used to then there will be no problem.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 6:10pm On Aug 24, 2011
sincerely i can marry a girl who cant cook, i wont mind teachin her, but if she no wan learn, am ON TO THE NEXT ONE, cos my momma breed me with fresh food, no mama puts for miii, even me sef na badass cook, grin
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by Trac: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2011
To the person that used Oprah as a reference:  She is not a standard for women in any of the pillars of life.  Rather, has contributed to the decay of womanhood in general.  You are better off as a person with your home-training.  

To the topic - What is left of a female that can't "manufacture" a meal; let alone fix a plate.  Men are not women and women cannot be men, neither can we be raised with alike standards.  Those that can't nurture shouldn't be counselled.  It'll be a warning sign to a wise and God-fearing man for she will flounder making a home out of a house.  For the unmarried, there is still an uncomfortable room for an excuse but the clock ticks irrespective of who it is.  Fact is, you don't have to convince who should learn how to cook and the pedestal upon who/what to look upon (in reference to the person that used Oprah as reference) but it would be wrong castrating women of their feminine nature/instinct all in the name of Western culture that hasn't even integrated in its own territories.  

People copy without understanding.  Sooner or later, the identity will be lost with nothing left but manipulation from "those" that define the rules.
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 6:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
kinguy:

Outstrip:

Come on sharrap dia. See ya mouth like oprah did not cook. You think even if she chose to marry she would find someone that uses cooking as a requirement in chosing a life partner. If you stick to your level chances are that you will meet a woman that her sole focus in life is to cook for you. It is when you start reaching above your level that you start complaining. Stick to what you are used to then there will be no problem.

emmmm madam outstrip,  nobody is sayin he wants to marry a woman 'whose soul focus is to cook',  wat we sayin is, home made meals are healthier,  besides, when d kids start coming, would you register dem at a local eatry, or get the meals made urself??,  ok househelps are there, and there are the risks too, you can have a househelp, yeah, cos you cant cook everytime, especially if you not a full time housewife, but your ability to cook only gives the man d knowledge that if u want to u can, not that even if u want to u cant,  left to me, i think any girl dat thinks cookin is not necessary is just being lazy,  besides, i have neva heard an african man that will marry a woman who cant cook and is not willing to learn how to,

as regards having extra-marital affairs cos your wife cant cook,  that i dont support,  yeah, 8 out of 10 cases its possible, but judging from my stand point, if i mistakenly, as in very unfortunately marry a woman that cant cook and is not willing to learn how to,  then i'll have to keep eating my mom's and sisters' food, i go do roaster give dem be dat, lmao, (pls note my emphasis on 'not willing to learn how to'), but me sef kno sey i no fit marry woman wey no fit cook, i go don teach am during courtship,  grin

ochukoccna:

Na food be that?

Billions of men? shocked shocked shocked shocked
How many people are really on the planet, About  7 billion.
How many of them are grown men within the lady's reach? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
How many men of marriageable age can a lady attract in her life time? undecided undecided undecided
Drop the billions, I believe you get the drift.

Truly no  was born to cook, but there are traditional roles even in all of our imported modernity,  I cook may choose to help out wifey in the kitchen yet I expect her [and I believe most men do] to supervise the kitchen arrangements. All those jokes about the housemaid taking over and warming Madam's bed start with little issues like cooking.
When last did anyone listen to LADY by FELA
All this more, Abami E don prophesy
My sister is British educated, she cooks for her husband even with her accent
Many of us grew up to see her mothers, sisters, aunties, grandmothers cooking for their husbands even though they had maids to help out
This cooking sessions were bonding sessions where knowledge and skills passed down
Yorubas say 'Olobe lo ni oko'
Why do think Calabar women are said to have the lowest divorce rates in Nigeria?
If true, I believe it has to do with two notable skills Calabar ladies are brought up to possess
I leave you to go figure what they are
Even God showed up in His pre-incarnate form to sample Sarah's cooking- Gen18

bro d last time i chked i think the ratio of boyz to gurls was like 1:4 respectively, dats excluding the higher mortality rate for boyz when they are grown, which puts the statistics at 1:6 or 8 sef if i can remember clearly, lol,  grin,  so ladies,  oko wan lode oooo,  cheesy
Re: Nigerian Girls And Their Horrible Cooking by markolini(m): 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
OK, PLS THERE ARE MORE GURLS WHO CAN COOK THAN THOSE WHO CANT, IF THE AGE RANGE WE ARE WORKING WIT IS BETWEEN, 17-UPWARDS, BUT THE FUTURE OF COOKING IS BLEAK OOO IF WE JUDGE WIT AGES 16-BELOW, COS EVEN THE ONES DAT SEY THEY CAN COOK, CAN ONLY COOK THE BASICS, RICE, BEANS, YAM, EGUSI SOUP, INDOMIE AND FINISH AND DIS CANT BE CATEGORIZED AS COOKIN, U GURLS BETTER GO LEARN HOW TO PREPARE SOME ANGRY VEGETABLE SOUP FROM UR MOMMAS AND STOP TRYNA CATCH US WIT JOLLOF RICE DAT U HAVE MURDERED WIT MAGI, grin, NO OFFENCE LADIES, IF ANY GUY TELL U HE LOVES YOU EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS U CANT BOIL WATER AND IS NOT MAKING PLANS ON HOW HE CAN GET YOU TO LEARN HOW TO COOK, HES JUSS TRYNA TAP DAT ASS, TAKE IT 4RM ME,
I KNO OYINBOS WHO CAN TO 9JA JUSS TO LEARN HOW TO COOK(no be dem say, there are friends), SO IF PEEPS WEY UNA DEY EMULATE FIT DO DIS KAIN HING HOW MUCH MORE UNA,

INFACT DIS WORLD DON SCATTER, PEOPLE LIKE BEYOUNCE, OPRAH AND THOSE GIRL POWER SH*T, U KNO, D MISS INDEPENDENT SH*T DON SCATTER EVERYTHING, DIS IS ANODA TOPIC ON ITS OWN, COS I GOT PLENTY TO TALK ABOUT WEN IT COMES TO HOW MUCH CORRUPTION AND MORAL DECADENCE SOME WOMEN ARE SPREADING,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kfc In Nigeria / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?. / I Am Having A Birthday Party - Food Ideas Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.