Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,175 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1097) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240749 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 2:38pm On May 14, 2023
Kenn55:
Hello Everyone,

Please has anyone gotten study permit with a one year Masters program? It looks to me like more people are getting visas with a college program than Master's degree..

My cousin who intend to do a one year Masters program in University of Waterloo got rejected for the 2nd time. School fees for the entire program (45,000 cad) has been fully paid, he submitted his savings and investment accounts which has more than enough for his living expenses for more than 1 year, apart from that he added his brother's account who is his sponsor.
So in terms of finance, he submitted his sponsor and his own personal savings and investment accounts which has more than enough money, no lump sum in any of the accounts.
Now, all his siblings are in Canada as citizens and PR, he is the only one remaining in Nigeria apart from the parents.
The reasons for his refusal are:
1. Insufficient financial and assets which is surprising as school fees is fully paid and living expenses shown is more than enough. No lump sum
2. Not having substantial family ties outside Canada. Yes all siblings are in Canada but should he be punished for that? Besides, parents are still in Nigeria
3. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with temporary stay. I don't understand given that his program aligns with his education and work experience for his career growth.
Note he is newly married and spouse is not going with him which I think was a good home ties yet ......

According to GCMS, the first refusal was Insufficient financial situation and didn't establish relationship with sponsor who is his blood brother despite paid school fees and enough available funds for living expenses. This was addressed again in the 2nd application. I'm beginning to doubt if this VOs actually go through these applications.

I'm so much interested in his case cos my own last born is the only one remaining in Nigeria and I want to sponsor him next year so I'm following closely the success of my cousins application. I'm beginning to wonder if there are hidden reasons for refusal other than what they officially state cos some refusals don't make logical sense.

Please how do we proceed from here? Should he change from Masters to 2-year college program?

I got my visa for two years Masters's program. I do not think because he is going for a master's program that is why he was refused.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 2:40pm On May 14, 2023
Ekeowacollins01:
Please is there any problem with having a cousin in the UK as your sponsor for Canada study permit application...does it raise a red flag?
You must be willing to establish the tie between you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 2:52pm On May 14, 2023
Hello everyone, please has anyone been able to fly through Egypt airline without enrollment letter? I’m concerned as I heard they usually ask for this particular document and without it you can’t board…also can one or has one been able to travel 45 days to the start of programme with that airline? Will appreciate if any one could reply to this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 2:54pm On May 14, 2023
P.S

My school doesn’t issue enrollment letter until start of studies so it won’t be possible to present it at the airport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ekeowacollins01: 3:13pm On May 14, 2023
kobobay:

You must be willing to establish the tie between you.
Please in what ways can I establish the tie?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:34pm On May 14, 2023
Kenn55:
Hello Everyone,

Please has anyone gotten study permit with a one year Masters program? It looks to me like more people are getting visas with a college program than Master's degree..

My cousin who intend to do a one year Masters program in University of Waterloo got rejected for the 2nd time. School fees for the entire program (45,000 cad) has been fully paid, he submitted his savings and investment accounts which has more than enough for his living expenses for more than 1 year, apart from that he added his brother's account who is his sponsor.
So in terms of finance, he submitted his sponsor and his own personal savings and investment accounts which has more than enough money, no lump sum in any of the accounts.
Now, all his siblings are in Canada as citizens and PR, he is the only one remaining in Nigeria apart from the parents.
The reasons for his refusal are:
1. Insufficient financial and assets which is surprising as school fees is fully paid and living expenses shown is more than enough. No lump sum
2. Not having substantial family ties outside Canada. Yes all siblings are in Canada but should he be punished for that? Besides, parents are still in Nigeria
3. The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with temporary stay. I don't understand given that his program aligns with his education and work experience for his career growth.
Note he is newly married and spouse is not going with him which I think was a good home ties yet ......

According to GCMS, the first refusal was Insufficient financial situation and didn't establish relationship with sponsor who is his blood brother despite paid school fees and enough available funds for living expenses. This was addressed again in the 2nd application. I'm beginning to doubt if this VOs actually go through these applications.

I'm so much interested in his case cos my own last born is the only one remaining in Nigeria and I want to sponsor him next year so I'm following closely the success of my cousins application. I'm beginning to wonder if there are hidden reasons for refusal other than what they officially state cos some refusals don't make logical sense.

Please how do we proceed from here? Should he change from Masters to 2 year college program?

You can send a reconsideration request to see if they can take a second look at it, then once you get your GCMS notes you can seek for judicial review which I believe you can afford.

The issue is not the length of the programme, I suspect the VO just held to the fact that he has siblings abroad to deny him, then added the other refusal reasons to cover his/her decision.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dpresido(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2023
Thank you boss.

I just sent you a message.
My immediate enquiries/concerns.

1. In view of Form A challenges, I wanted to know how the school Fees are paid.

2. I was sent a mail that I will get a link to make $500 CAD acceptance fees before I could get my POA. I have sent mails but still haven't seen the link on my bio.

3. I wanted to make enquiries on accommodation outside downtown that may be affordable and one can transit to School/Downtown.

I heard accommodation in Toronto harsh sha... Lol

Bobomaigida:

You can reach out via private email or put any questions about the school here, I have someone pursuing MPS Analytics for Fall 23 in the school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:28pm On May 14, 2023
dpresido:
Thank you boss.

I just sent you a message.
My immediate enquiries/concerns.

1. In view of Form A challenges, I wanted to know how the school Fees are paid.

2. I was sent a mail that I will get a link to make $500 CAD acceptance fees before I could get my POA. I have sent mails but still haven't seen the link on my bio.

3. I wanted to make enquiries on accommodation outside downtown that may be affordable and one can transit to School/Downtown.

I heard accommodation in Toronto harsh sha... Lol

1. You start the process to pay the fees, but I would advise you get your SP first so that you are sure the payment will serve its purpose.
2. The link will come if you sent the email to student finance dept, I will check and send you their email privately.
3. I do not know much about the accommodation issues, for my friend that is not a priority now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 4:46pm On May 14, 2023
Ekeowacollins01:

Please in what ways can I establish the tie?

Sponsors identification
Letter of Sponsorship
Family Tree(what ties you together)
Picture of you and the person
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenn55: 5:11pm On May 14, 2023
Bobomaigida:

You can send a reconsideration request to see if they can take a second look at it, then once you get your GCMS notes you can seek for judicial review which I believe you can afford.

The issue is not the length of the programme, I suspect the VO just held to the fact that he has siblings abroad to deny him, then added the other refusal reasons to cover his/her decision.

Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately reconsideration requests are given to the same officer that made the initial decision for another look and due to pride and not wanting to own up to mistakes, the maintain their initial decision. He tried that after first refusal.
I think this will end up in judicial review. Do you have an idea of how that process goes or have you seen anyone use that option and succeed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 5:24pm On May 14, 2023
Kenn55:

Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately reconsideration requests are given to the same officer that made the initial decision for another look and due to pride and not wanting to own up to mistakes, the maintain their initial decision. He tried that after first refusal.
I think this will end up in judicial review. Do you have an idea of how that process goes or have you seen anyone use that option and succeed?

Okay.

I have seen a JR work out positively for someone ( RollyA )on this thread. Sometimes the process is fast sometimes it is not, what happens when you get a favorable judgement, is your application will be given to another VO to review.
Dependind on how strong your case is IRCC can request for a settlement without fighting it in immigration court.
You can reach out to profile name in brackets for advice, I know she did a JR and won or just search "judicial review" on the thread to see posts about it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by josephb(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2023
This is not true, you typed like you have used the GCKey 1 million times, there were people whose applications took more than 8/9 months on the GCkey.

IRCC built the two websites and they must process visas from the two without giving preference(s) to any.

GCkey will specially work for you if you are processing (for instance) Study Permit and SOWP simultaneously and you have loads of documents to upload.

For me Gckey is too bulky and LIFE's not meant to be that hard and strident (Is it not for Visa? hehe), the revised (New Portal) should be adopted by whoever wants to use it.

Regards,

Degift:

GC Key is faster and safer with a higher chance of approval within currently just two,three or four weeks at most if applied from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thebabiebird: 5:41pm On May 14, 2023
Good day everyone, I received a medical request on 18th of April, but I was only able to get it done on Friday at Qlife. Since Qlife website says the results might be uploaded between 5 - 10 days, and It is remaining 4 days to the deadline. I am wondering if this won't affect my application and if there is anything I can do. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dpresido(m): 6:29pm On May 14, 2023
Bro,

Thank you so sincerely. I will send a mail to the link upon receipt

Bobomaigida:

1. You start the process to pay the fees, but I would advise you get your SP first so that you are sure the payment will serve its purpose.
2. The link will come if you sent the email to student finance dept, I will check and send you their email privately.
3. I do not know much about the accommodation issues, for my friend that is not a priority now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by whytey: 6:37pm On May 14, 2023
Somebody should answer me o

Please what documents are required at the POE?

zubizareta:

One more question, what if the new school is in a different province entirely. Will that also fly? Because on the tracker, destination of the study permit is showing Ontario. What if the new school is in a different province all together??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2kurupt(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2023
Inksun:

Do you mean June 2023 for September 2024?
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olabisi6438(f): 7:40pm On May 14, 2023
iwale:
Take a bus to maryland roundabout,stop at the last buststop of that maryland,cross to the other side of the brige as if you are going to board a bus back to ojuelegha,then as the commercial bus Driver you are going to iom,its workable from their if you can work,but if you want to board a bus is just #100 fair.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinaza93(f): 8:12pm On May 14, 2023
Good evening all, pls who applied to royal roads university for September dis year dat is yet to hear from dem
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kenn55: 8:18pm On May 14, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Okay.

I have seen a JR work out positively for someone ( RollyA )on this thread. Sometimes the process is fast sometimes it is not, what happens when you get a favorable judgement, is your application will be given to another VO to review.
Dependind on how strong your case is IRCC can request for a settlement without fighting it in immigration court.
You can reach out to profile name in brackets for advice, I know she did a JR and won or just search "judicial review" on the thread to see posts about it.

Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chinaza93(f): 8:18pm On May 14, 2023
Pls for someone wit tuition fees of 37,000cad who is applying for a study permit wit his spouse and will make a tuition deposit of 5,000cad, how much is he to show as pof @showyoung
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:49pm On May 14, 2023
Benjaminosita:
Please rest no trouble yourself if you are serious email me and see for yourself.
Na wa o 🙄🙄🤨
Lolz I've been in Canada since April 27th. All the info I needed to apply myself was gotten on this forum and Google so you're the probably the one that needs to rest

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2023
whytey:
Somebody should answer me o

Please what documents are required at the POE?

For my set they only asked for LOI but we were a lot so maybe they just wanted to disperse the crowd. But others have advised to have your admission letter with you as well (LOI is a must and of course your passport)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2023
dtrixna01:
Thanks for your response but I don’t understand.
The same way you applied using Form A for your school fees, you can also apply the same in a section called maintenance/upkeep in the same Form A portal under educational purposes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 8:56pm On May 14, 2023
You don't have to wait for them to send it to ircc. Just Scan or take a picture of the medical sheet that was given to you at qlife, and submit it through webform.
Submit asap, it's possible you'll get your PPR this week.

thebabiebird:
Good day everyone, I received a medical request on 18th of April, but I was only able to get it done on Friday at Qlife. Since Qlife website says the results might be uploaded between 5 - 10 days, and It is remaining 4 days to the deadline. I am wondering if this won't affect my application and if there is anything I can do. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2023
Mackie1:

To the best of my own knowledge.. No!
You can do it after applying, before the medical test is requested for.. I don't even think you can do it before applying. How will it be linked to your profile when it's sent to IRCC?
You can do upfront medical anytime you choose as long as it will be valid within a year of your application/entering Canada. I did my upfront medical in October and applied in November
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:57pm On May 14, 2023
Og21:
Any group for Humber College for September 2023?Is Covid vaccination certificate needed for student visa application?I just want to know if it will be needed at any point so I know whether to get it or not..Thanks guys
There is no Covid requirement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 8:58pm On May 14, 2023
Drepee:
P.S

My school doesn’t issue enrollment letter until start of studies so it won’t be possible to present it at the airport.
My school did not "issue" enrollment letter to me but I could print it out from my school portal. So check if that is possible in your case
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 9:13pm On May 14, 2023
BenedictStinson:

For my set they only asked for LOI but we were a lot so maybe they just wanted to disperse the crowd. But others have advised to have your admission letter with you as well (LOI is a must and of course your passport)

That sounds great. In my letter of introduction, among what they said one should bring include proof of fund. I wonder how that is done at the POE? Can you enlighten me, please. Also, is one required to have any form of vaccination prior to traveling to Canada?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1094) (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.