Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1215570 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 12:15pm On May 15, 2023
zubizareta:

Yes a mail will be sent to you which will contain the appointment letter you are to print and bring along with you on the day
@ Zubizareta please explain to more abeg, ircc has sent me for biometrics oooo , I want to know, if I book for the biometrics, will they send me another email as per that? Plzzzz clear me

And will they give me any date I choose out the 3 dates I preferred? I booked on last week Saturday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2023
kobobay:

Is letter of introduction the same as Passport Request letter that you submitted alongside with your passport? And if no, when does someone get the letter of introduction?

Have you received your passport back?

I received my letter of introduction after submitting my passport. I guess it's sent when your passport get to the visa office. It's not same as passport request letter. Yes, my processed passport is back.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by debans12: 12:53pm On May 15, 2023
SLOVFO:

I received my letter of introduction after submitting my passport. I guess it's sent when your passport get to the visa office. It's not same as passport request letter. Yes, my processed passport is back.

Did you use courrier service to send your passport for stamping?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 1:13pm On May 15, 2023
GloriaBekee:

@ Zubizareta please explain to more abeg, ircc has sent me for biometrics oooo , I want to know, if I book for the biometrics, will they send me another email as per that? Plzzzz clear me

And will they give me any date I choose out the 3 dates I preferred? I booked on last week Saturday

Go to vfs website, book an appointment, normally from my experience you pick a particular date yourself and not you giving them 3 preferred dates. The available dates will pop up in the calendar then you pick and confirm the date.

Once appointment has been confirmed on their site, a confirmation mail will to your mail with an attached appointment letter which you will take along with you that day.
You will go with your passports
Your biometric letter from your GCkey portal
Appointment letter sent to your mail.
Book your appointment from link below.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/?Length=7

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jojocrawch: 1:14pm On May 15, 2023
ademma2022:
lets connect going to same school but for winter January intake, I already have some good stuff waiting if I get my visa

Hello guys, I’ve just gotten my acceptance letter from university of Regina pls add me to your whatssap group @ joshuaikpeoha@ymail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2023
SLOVFO:

I received my letter of introduction after submitting my passport. I guess it's sent when your passport get to the visa office. It's not same as a passport request letter. Yes, my processed passport is back.

When did you send your passport? And how long does it take? I sent my passport last week and it got there on Wednesday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jojocrawch: 1:17pm On May 15, 2023
Joshasha:

I also got admission to UoR.
TG username: @Josh_asha
Let's connect....

Hey I got admitted into the university of Regina pls let’s connect

Joshuaikpeoha@ymail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GbarukoBajo(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2023
Good afternoon
My brother got this visa but already deferred his admission to September
Can he still leave next month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 1:49pm On May 15, 2023
GbarukoBajo:
Good afternoon
Its likely they’ll boot it back unless he gives a good reason as to why he’s entering Canada early. Also, do you know he won’t be able to work until his class starts? It’s also unlikely he passes immigration at the lagos int airport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2023
kobobay:

When did you send your passport? And how long does it take? I sent my passport last week and it got there on Wednesday.

It took a total of 9 days from the time my passport got to the VSF's Lagos office to the time I received it back . Expect your passport back next week. You can track the passport... write to them for the tracking ID
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 1:53pm On May 15, 2023
debans12:

Did you use courrier service to send your passport for stamping?.
Yep. I used DHL. Those guys at VSF nearly gave me a High BP. They didn't sent me any notification after receiving the passport until I wrote and "chatted" them up. Despite paying for SMS they couldn't send even a single SMS.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 2:00pm On May 15, 2023
SLOVFO:

It took a total of 9 days from the time my passport got to the VSF's Lagos office to the time I received it back . Expect your passport back next week. You can track the passport... write to them for the tracking ID

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 2:02pm On May 15, 2023
SLOVFO:

Yep. I used DHL. Those guys at VSF nearly gave me a High BP. They didn't sent me any notification after receiving the passport until I wrote and "chatted" them up. Despite paying for SMS they couldn't send even a single SMS.

I didn't pay the SMS, will they still send me the tracking id that I want to request from them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GbarukoBajo(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2023
dtrixna01:
Its likely they’ll boot it back unless he gives a good reason as to why he’s entering Canada early. Also, do you know he won’t be able to work until his class starts? It’s also unlikely he passes immigration at the lagos int airport.
Someone said My brother can come and also work too, I stand to be corrected too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2023
kobobay:

I didn't pay the SMS, will they still send me the tracking id that I want to request from them?

Yes, it's sent via email. The SMS is optional, I presume. Someone I know didn't pay for that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2023
SLOVFO:

Yes, it's sent via email. The SMS is optional, I presume. Someone I know didn't pay for that.

I chatted with one of their representatives, and he said I should send an email to request for the tracking id.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SLOVFO(m): 2:55pm On May 15, 2023
kobobay:

I chatted with one of their representatives, and he said I should send an email to request for the tracking id.
Okay. Go ahead then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hennybabevicky: 3:12pm On May 15, 2023
Hello everyone!!!!!!!,
How are you all paying school fees deposit?
I tried paying through Ecobank but I was told it has been suspended for diploma and advanced diploma
Then I tried paying through Gt bank but it’s taking forever to be reviewed, please I need help🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sketcherman3298(m): 3:25pm On May 15, 2023
I've sent a message in here twice and they were deleted

I don't know maybe it's because of the Phone number I included

Please I don't understand the reason why

@yemlizzy please hi me here - email address o.arasaq1@gmail.com so I can send my WhatsApp number to you, pls

Please, I want to be added to the Univ. Of Manitoba Whatsapp group
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sheamus007(m): 3:53pm On May 15, 2023
Please what are the documents needed if I wanna travel to Canada and also how much is it gonna cost me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dtrixna01: 5:01pm On May 15, 2023
GbarukoBajo:

Someone said My brother can come and also work too, I stand to be corrected too
I have told you what I know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SandyDandy: 5:01pm On May 15, 2023
Greetings my good people
Please who know about WES evalution
Queen's university is really giving us headache, now that my husband must do WES Evaluation before they can look in to his admission
to do this Evaluation is not 1naira and am not sure if admission will be granted after everything, am just confuse right now

I don't know if we can just focus on UK because we already have 3 admissions waiting for us against January and Queens University is for November

Please, I need your advice on this, God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by mcobex: 5:12pm On May 15, 2023
He will need a good reason why he wants to go now and not around July(ending) or August. Though he can say he wants to acclimatize with the new environment and visit places before school commence as he wont have time to do that when school resumes.
One of the main downside of going too early is that as soon as he enters BILLS begin to pile up, does he have that kind of money to spend(without working)?
I would advice he travels last week of July or first week of August.
GbarukoBajo:
Good afternoon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JTLawson(m): 5:26pm On May 15, 2023
Hello, please I just received a message from IRCC that I was refused Visa based on my assets shown (2 landed documents) and financial status does not show I wi come back to Nigeria after studying, does not show I can support myself without working in Canada and also I can pay my tuition without working in Canada.

My uncle is my sponsor and we showed sufficient POF. How do I request for CBSA note?

Thanks

zubizareta:

Go to vfs website, book an appointment, normally from my experience you pick a particular date yourself and not you giving them 3 preferred dates. The available dates will pop up in the calendar then you pick and confirm the date.

Once appointment has been confirmed on their site, a confirmation mail will to your mail with an attached appointment letter which you will take along with you that day.
You will go with your passports
Your biometric letter from your GCkey portal
Appointment letter sent to your mail.
Book your appointment from link below.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/IRCC-AppointmentWave1/?Length=7
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:29pm On May 15, 2023
SandyDandy:
Greetings my good people
Queen's university is really giving us headache, now that my husband must do WES Evaluation before they can look in to his admission
to do this Evaluation is not 1naira and am not sure if admission will be granted after everything, am just confuse right now

I don't know if we can just focus on UK because we already have 3 admissions waiting for us against January and Queens University is for November

What advice do you want exactly?
If your school isn't stressful sending your transcript to intl institutions then WES evaluation shouldn't be an issue except your major problem is the finance which I don't know exactly the advice one can give in that regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:32pm On May 15, 2023
JTLawson:
Hello, please I just received a message from IRCC that I was refused Visa based on my assets shown (2 landed documents) and financial status does not show I wi come back to Nigeria after studying, does not show I can support myself without working in Canada and also I can pay my tuition without working in Canada.

My uncle is my sponsor and we showed sufficient POF. How do I request for CBSA note?

Thanks

Sorry for the refusal. Hopefully people with more knowledge on this will respond soon.

But if you search CBSA note on this thread, you should get a good response to this Here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 7:10pm On May 15, 2023
I am not understanding you here. Queen's University is not accepting WES evaluation. I have my transcript with the WES, and I told them that I'll send through WES. They said they dont accept WES evaluation. You can see the attachment for confirmation.

SandyDandy:
Greetings my good people

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kihem: 7:12pm On May 15, 2023
Saikichan:

I applied to NEU Toronto for an Msc but my application is still awaiting decision. I sent you a message.

I need anyone who is in Canadian college Vancouver for link up and questions please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 7:14pm On May 15, 2023
Hello guys, I am asking for a friend.
When he went for the biometric, he was given some other documents showing how he should send the passport to them when requested.
However, the information contains that he will pay some money to their account, and he should send the passport to them through courier. We don't understand which money he is to pay. Meanwhile, the money he is asked to pay is enough to pay to and fro of DHL.
So, which money is that please?

Secondly, which other documents do you need to send with the passport?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2023
JTLawson:

Thanks

Check this.

Paid websites
https://www.thegcmsonline.com/
https://gcmsnotes.com/

Free service
- Go to Google, search ATIP
- Pick the first option from the list of results
- when the page opens, click on next
- click/mark the privacy box and click continue
- on the next page, select Canada Border Services Agency from the drop-down
- from the next drop-down, select foreign national outside of Canada
- fill out your required information in the boxes below
(Use your Nigerian address and phone number pls)
- Pick yes to the question about requesting information on your behalf if so
- pick member of the public for the category that best describes you
- Pick electronic copy for how you prefer to receive your notes/records
- click continue
- on the next page, pick privacy act on the 1st drop-down
- select English in the next drop-down
- select case files for the type of records
- fill out all necessary information below(for UCI number, use the format XX-XXXX-XXXX)
- in the comment box write a short intro and your request. Eg:
Hello/Hi
My name is SURNAME, First Second. I have applied for a study permit, my UCI is soso and my application number is soso, DOB. I would like to have the notes for my file
- then click continue
- also click continue on the next page(you don't fill anything here)
- you are taken to the final page where you review or edit your info
- check the I certify box and click continue
- you should receive a confirmation email from CBSA

I was not requested to pay for my CBSA notes and I got my notes in 25days, but I think the window is till 30days.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lolaog: 7:55pm On May 15, 2023
OLAN2015:
My apologies for not giving the updates yesterday. Please for anyone applying for study permit, do note that proof of funds is not the only vital criteria. Proper arrangement of your documents is also highly sacrosanct. I recently heard from the International Student Advisory Unit of a Canadian university that the average time a Visa Officer spent on each application is about 6 mins. This means you have a very limited time in convincing the Visa Officer about your application in the midst of hundreds or thousands of applicants. Hence, do ensure to properly structure and present your application and documents in a concise, easily understandable and straightforward manner. I personally recommend using a table of contents so that every section of your application can be seen at a glance. Find below the similar structure I used for mine . I prefer separating my SOP from LOE. My view is that LOE should focus on just explaining the contents of one's application while SOP should focus on everything about oneself (background, course, future plans etc). Wishing you all the best by God's grace.

Please can you send me this via email? Even if you have to cancel or shade out somethings there I wouldn’t mind…can I send you an email?
Thank you in advance?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.