Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1246299 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ATTAHDYE(m): 9:20pm On May 14, 2023
Yes you can

Reggyiyke:
HELLO FRIENDS,
PLEASE CAN ONE USE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY DEGREE TO GAIN ADMISSION INTO A CANADIAN COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY?
THANKS FOR YOUR KIND OPINION.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 9:30pm On May 14, 2023
BenedictStinson:

My school did not "issue" enrollment letter to me but I could print it out from my school portal. So check if that is possible in your case
my portal it’s still saying not enrolled cause enrollment starts before I travel the actual confirmation of enroll is issued on the 10th day of resumption….pls where you asked for this enrollment letter at any of the airports at all?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hardeyeanc(m): 9:38pm On May 14, 2023
Wahala... Is it not better to settle for UK like this..this Canada wahala too much o... What if ones dad is late andur mum is an old person in the village that doesn't have NIN? Because I don't understand
Benjaminosita:
You see put your mom and dad's document NIN and Marriage certificate along side yourself and and them together( picture of yourself with your parent)
For your wife a
Your wedding picture
Yourself wife and children picture
And your wife document
Marriage certificate, NIN , and voter's card if possible
Please didn't forget birth certificate for both your wife mom and dad both your children aswell each of them you need to show them .quote
author=Habdejlee post=123097093]

No I only put their names and address and their work I use my wife as my home ties submit picture wedding and the registry letter also I did not add anyone nin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 9:56pm On May 14, 2023
chithec:
Please who traveled with Egyptair recently in 2023
Do I need a vaccination card at the Lagos airport?
??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 9:59pm On May 14, 2023
chithec:

??
pls when are you traveling?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 10:01pm On May 14, 2023
Drepee:
pls when are you traveling?
Next month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 10:13pm On May 14, 2023
chithec:

Next month
September intake right ? Pls I’m going with same airline don’t know how we can connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 10:18pm On May 14, 2023
chithec:
To get answer to your question, this is what you should do.

Go on wakanow's website and get their customer care number. Call and tell them you're about booking a flight with Egyptair on their website but you have a couple of questions you want answered.

Once you've gotten their attention, ask your question and remember to come and give us feedback

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drepee: 10:50pm On May 14, 2023
tenderjunkie:

To get answer to your question, this is what you should do.

Go on wakanow's website and get their customer care number. Call and tell them you're about booking a flight with Egyptair on their website but you have a couple of questions you want answered.

Once you've gotten their attention, ask your question and remember to come and give us feedback
just called them they said you can’t travel on Egypt airline as a new comer unless you book a return ticket and that you must be vaccinated… i Sha refused to believe that

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 11:01pm On May 14, 2023
Drepee:
just called them they said you can’t travel on Egypt airline as a new comer unless you book a return ticket and that you must be vaccinated… i Sha refused to believe that
Please If you travelled recently with Egyptair, kindly help with this info
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 11:11pm On May 14, 2023
SLOVFO:
Good evening good people, I have received so much help from this forum and I am very appreciative of that.
I recently got a Port Of Entry Introduction Letter from IRCC and one of the documents I was told to bring is "proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada." in order for me to get my study permit. Please who knows what that means? I am bringing a bank statement of account?

Is letter of introduction the same as Passport Request letter that you submitted alongside with your passport? And if no, when does someone get the letter of introduction?

Have you received your passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 11:43pm On May 14, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Lolz what is this. I'm even having headache looking at it. My SOP was just two and a half pages. No LOE and I got my visa. As long as your documents are legible and in the correct section they will see it. It's not an exam or research paper.
However if this is your preferred method to make your mind feel at ease please use it
Na everyday I de get high BP by just looking at other people's timeline...may God help us

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 11:58pm On May 14, 2023
hardeyeanc:
Wahala... Is it not better to settle for UK like this..this Canada wahala too much o... What if ones dad is late andur mum is an old person in the village that doesn't have NIN? Because I don't understand
You quoted two people without realising and if you read it well you will see the second person saying he did not put anyone's nin. And neither did I. I put their pictures. My mum had a passport so I added hers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:01am On May 15, 2023
chithec:
I don't know about Egypt air and Lagos but Canada dropped all Covid requirements since October last year including vaccination. I travelled with Ethiopia through Abuja and nobody asked for anything Covid either here or at the POE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:04am On May 15, 2023
Drepee:
my portal it’s still saying not enrolled cause enrollment starts before I travel the actual confirmation of enroll is issued on the 10th day of resumption….pls where you asked for this enrollment letter at any of the airports at all?
Nobody asked but the Ethiopian airlines checking officer in Abuja asked me to log into my portal to prove I'm a student though I believe the guy was just trying to do busybody
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:07am On May 15, 2023
Drepee:
my portal it’s still saying not enrolled cause enrollment starts before I travel the actual confirmation of enroll is issued on the 10th day of resumption…
I came in for may intake and by March 15th or so we got our invoices for the semester which confirmed payment. And from that March 15 I was shown as enrolled on my portal for May semester and I was even able to access my class schedule so maybe you need to properly verify that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by BenedictStinson(m): 12:13am On May 15, 2023
SLOVFO:

That sounds great. In my letter of introduction, among what they said one should bring include proof of fund. I wonder how that is done at the POE? Can you enlighten me, please. Also, is one required to have any form of vaccination prior to traveling to Canada?
I heard they sometimes for POF but it seems to be extremely rare and you can show them through your bank app or statement of account I guess.
No one asked me or anyone with me for POF. All they asked for was our LOI and Canada ended all vaccination requirements since October last year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Handey: 12:14am On May 15, 2023
Pls house,am new to this thread but I have a few questions to ask.
I planned going to study a diploma course in Canada,based on my findings that getting admission in Canada through the diploma route seems easy.
I planned going alone for now and to bring my family after 6 months.
Please what's the proof of fund I will be needing?
Must I include that of my family members that will be joining me after 6 months or it's only mine?
I need your advice pls.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sashab: 12:15am On May 15, 2023
Good day all. Is there anyone going to University of Calgary (Downtown Campus) for fall term? Is there a group one can join?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 12:34am On May 15, 2023
Drepee:
Wetin concern return ticket concern new comer?
Abi na sleep eye the person use answer you?

I'll call in the morning

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 1:38am On May 15, 2023
Chinaza93:
Pls for someone wit tuition fees of 37,000cad who is applying for a study permit wit his spouse and will make a tuition deposit of 5,000cad, how much is he to show as pof @showyoung

The information you have provided is limited. I may not be able to give you an accurate amount of funds needed, but I will try.

Tuition fee $37,000.
Living Expenses $10,000/year.
Spouse $4,000/year
Miscellaneous Expenses $3000+ (I would provide $5,000).
TOTAL $54,000 (I would provide $56,000)
Judging by the prevailing CBN official rate of $1/341; this amounts to NGN 18,414,000 (I would provide NGN 19.1M)

Note that this is for one year course. If the duration of your course is 2 years, you will multiply the living expenses for both of you by 2.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by West0099: 3:07am On May 15, 2023
Good day all, anyone going to University of Alberta for fall term?
Is there a group one can join?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Reggyiyke: 4:35am On May 15, 2023
ATTAHDYE:
Yes you can

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benjaminosita: 5:55am On May 15, 2023
Lol the choice is yours.
hardeyeanc:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benjaminosita: 5:57am On May 15, 2023
You see UK and USA bro i love them both
I love Canada more than them. And I can give reason for that .
As for dad been late what of Marriage certificate and birth certificate. That is mostly compulsory.
hardeyeanc:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benjaminosita: 6:04am On May 15, 2023
SMH🤨🤨🙄🙄 BRO REST
IS STILL SAME INFORMATON WELL STRUCTURED. And it comes eith a video not only study route but SOWP spouse open work permit. Mr Benedict.
BenedictStinson:

Lolz I've been in Canada since April 27th. All the info I needed to apply myself was gotten on this forum and Google so you're the probably the one that needs to rest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benjaminosita: 6:07am On May 15, 2023
Email me
Handey:
Pls house,am new to this thread but I have a few questions to ask.
I planned going to study a diploma course in Canada,based on my findings that getting admission in Canada through the diploma route seems easy.
I planned going alone for now and to bring my family after 6 months.
Please what's the proof of fund I will be needing?
Must I include that of my family members that will be joining me after 6 months or it's only mine?
I need your advice pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benjaminosita: 6:09am On May 15, 2023
@Benedictinson come solve this wahala
Benjaminosita:
Email me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benjaminosita: 6:22am On May 15, 2023
Letter of introduction is a letter written by your employer about you working with them.your position with the company and how you are been paid in the company. Notifying the V.O that you are going to come back after your program is done is something submitted on line. Which might be optional at times.
kobobay:

Is letter of introduction the same as Passport Request letter that you submitted alongside with your passport? And if no, when does someone get the letter of introduction?

Have you received your passport back?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Handey: 6:49am On May 15, 2023
Benjaminosita:
Email me

Your email pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 6:52am On May 15, 2023
I don't think dis ur explanation is d LOI he is asking of.
Benjaminosita:
Letter of introduction is a letter written by your employer about you working with them.your position with the company and how you are been paid in the company. Notifying the V.O that you are going to come back after your program is done is something submitted on line. Which might be optional at times.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benjaminosita: 7:14am On May 15, 2023
I know don't know any other LOI he talks of
angie88:
I
don't think dis ur explanation is d LOI he is asking of.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.