Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1247373 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by topsyalooma: 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good Day great people, please I need your advice on the following;
My wife was recently refused (June 2023 precisely) on the basis of "Inconsistent" we requested for GCMS note and the reason was based on, not enough motivation to pursue the intended course (simply SOP issue).

However, during the application I was her sponsor and she also as some funds in her account which still maintained till now but I as the sponsor have used up all the funds in my account for personal and business purposes. Now that we intend to reapply, we intend to top up the amount/funds in my wife's account as the applicant, for her to be "Self sponsored" and I won't have to present my own bank statement. I intend to do this by gifting her 1 plot of land which she'll sell to make up the funds.

My question for the gurus will be that, will there be any issue with the above approach or what will you suggest should be the best approach for us to get it right this time without raising any further concerns with the VO.

We also wish to seek the service of a professional SOP writer as that's the only basis for the refusal and borders on studies relation alone even though all these were clearly stated in our previous sop. If you're a good sop writer kindly reach out on slimmy4gem @ gmaildotcom.

Thank you for your time and great advice always. God bless us all and this great platform. We shall all succeed.

I have attached the GCSM note for your review and advice.

Best regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abigbo: 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2023
Please can i get a hint of the reasons i can use, in my previous application i wrote it was as a wedding gift being that my marriage is a year plus but the application didn't go through.thank you!
zubizareta:

Have you been working or doing business for a while? If yes then it's logically expected you contribute something to your education. Also your sponsor being your brother inlaw, you will have to prove to VO why he shud sponsor you. He can also demonstrate his willingness to send some part of the sponsorship money as a gift to you. Then ofcourse you will use your sop to explain home and economic ties, why your brother inlaw should spend tens of millions sponsoring you, explain his capacity to be your sponsor, that's his source of income and attach all supporting documents. Your sop will play a strong role there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamvictorious: 3:02pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hi guys, is anyone else experiencing difficulties in signing into their gckey accounts?

I'm getting invalid username or password which should not be because it is the same login info I have been using and when I checked further, it says they are experiencing technical difficulties.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
Abigbo:
I haven't really had a good job all this while, please what can i term this money that will be in my account so it doesn't raise suspicion and how long should it be there, must it be up to 6 months?

Some questions shouldn't be asked and answered publicly. You should know better.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2023
EkaAkp:
I recently got my Canadian visitors visa last week, I’m yet to actually travel because the visa came in late and the purpose of travel had passed. However, my wife age 25, has gotten admission and is to resume by January 4th in Canada. POF isn’t the issue, home ties isn’t an issue also as I have 2 lands of over 10Million in value, a very good business and I am employed also. My wife has a plot of land also and she’s duly employed also. We work in the same company. I have a daughter who is 3yrs old from my ex girlfriend. My wife will be granted a study leave by then ur company and I have been granted a transition to another department in the company to allow me work remotely if I wish to accompany my wife.
I will be the sponsor
The issue here is this, should we apply together ? when my wife applies for her study permit, should she apply for my SOWP? Remember I have a visitor visa approved already .
Also, is it a red flag 🚩 that my company is allowing me work remotely and yet I am seeking SOWP ?
The bolded should be red flag..you may be refused on purpose of visit, if you state that your company will allow you to work remotely while in Canada and you will also be seeking for a Canadian job opportunities while in Canada ..how will you balance the too..if there is possibility that the remote work won't allow you to work in canada..no point for SOWP application, VO may thought also that remote work is even bogus based on the duration of your stay! Or you may not leave Canada at the end of your visit that you are not established in the country of origin by doing remote work abroad!
!if the VO look at it,this way..it may result to refusal..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tnex: 3:43pm On Jul 09, 2023
When did you get your note? I feel a good SOP will do justice to it and also a Letter of explanation addressing the issue the VO raised. Explain why she is going for the course. Also does she have masters? If yes, then state why this course is very important even after her masters.
topsyalooma:
Good Day great people, please I need your advice on the following;
My wife was recently refused (June 2023 precisely) on the basis of "Inconsistent" we requested for GCMS note and the reason was based on, not enough motivation to pursue the intended course (simply SOP issue).

However, during the application I was her sponsor and she also as some funds in her account which still maintained till now but I as the sponsor have used up all the funds in my account for personal and business purposes. Now that we intend to reapply, we intend to top up the amount/funds in my wife's account as the applicant, for her to be "Self sponsored" and I won't have to present my own bank statement. I intend to do this by gifting her 1 plot of land which she'll sell to make up the funds.

My question for the gurus will be that, will there be any issue with the above approach or what will you suggest should be the best approach for us to get it right this time without raising any further concerns with the VO.

We also wish to seek the service of a professional SOP writer as that's the only basis for the refusal and borders on studies relation alone even though all these were clearly stated in our previous sop. If you're a good sop writer kindly reach out on slimmy4gem @ gmaildotcom.

Thank you for your time and great advice always. God bless us all and this great platform. We shall all succeed.

I have attached the GCSM note for your review and advice.

Best regards

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Akinyelekehinde: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good day all,

Please anyone going to Fanshawe College for Health care Administration May 2024? I recently got my LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by topsyalooma: 4:06pm On Jul 09, 2023
tnex:
When did you get your note? I feel a good SOP will do justice to it and also a Letter of explanation addressing the issue the VO raised. Explain why she is going for the course. Also does she have masters? If yes, then state why this course is very important even after her masters.

The note came on July 06 also she she's got a certificate in Hospitality Operations and Bsc in Business Administration and she intend to study "International Business Management". Her larger work experience of over 10years was on hospitality management industry and business management she owns her business and also a director in my own businesses.
Please what will you suggest on the POF as explained in my earlier submission.

Thanks for your response and contribution.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by colored(m): 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2023
The program I'm gunning for is a two year diploma program which is 4 semesters. I am using a sponsor. Will my sponsor paying for one semester while proving that they are capable of sponsoring me throughout the duration of my studies, will that be enough? Or does my sponsor have to pay for fees for the entire duration of my program before IRCC will take my application seriously?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Alright. What are the reasons it could change?
That should be system error,it sees it as different person, it then generates new UCI number,even though you have previous application and done biometrics ..you won't have biometric information on the portal where application is made,until this is resolved. and the old UCI Number may be merged with new UCI Number! In the case where the UCI has not been assigned to other applicant ..then the new UCI number will be assigned to the applicant to be used in future applications!
Likewise I have two UCI numbers! But the updated UCI number has overlapped the old UCI..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2023
colored:
The program I'm gunning for is a two year diploma program which is 4 semesters. I am using a sponsor. Will my sponsor paying for one semester while proving that they are capable of sponsoring me throughout the duration of my studies, will that be enough? Or does my sponsor have to pay for fees for the entire duration of my program before IRCC will take my application seriously?

Your sponsor paying 1 semester will go a long way to demonstrate their willingness to actually sponsor you but not necessarily prove they are capable to sponsor you. What proves that is how you explain your sponsor source of income and what he is worth to be a sponsor. That's what a solid sop will give you. Doesn't have to necessarily pay full tuition. If he has available funds to pay all, then why not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by colored(m): 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
zubizareta:

Your sponsor paying 1 semester will go a long way to demonstrate their willingness to actually sponsor you but not necessarily prove they are capable to sponsor you. What proves that is how you explain your sponsor source of income and what he is worth to be a sponsor. That's what a solid sop will give you. Doesn't have to necessarily pay full tuition. If he has available funds to pay all, then why not.
sponsor is my auntie. Alone, I don't think she's capable of footing the bills. But she told me she will involve her husband, her children, and my uncle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Army2022: 5:18pm On Jul 09, 2023
Good evening all. Please who's traveling this month? I wish I can find a travel buddy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nwaeze6: 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2023
zubizareta:

You don't need to inform ircc as long You travel within the period your loa is till valid. Ensure you have the new LOA to the deferred new date and ofcourse you will explain at POE why you haven't traveled earlier. When you are finally in Canada, you can apply for study permit extension to complete your education.

@Zubizareta please help here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Latyphat7: 5:27pm On Jul 09, 2023
Olatunde101:
Is there anyone going to Cambrian college Sudbury in August?

Yes, I will also be going in August. Have you gotten an apartment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Latyphat7: 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Wifefo88:
Hii guys..Anyone coming to Cambrian College Sudbury soon and looking to rent an apartment can reach out to me..Also if you want me to pick you up and drive you around. Thanks.

Hello wifefo88,

I am interested, please can I have your contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:35pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nwaeze6:

@Zubizareta please help here

What clarification do you need
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2023
topsyalooma:

The note came on July 06 also she she's got a certificate in Hospitality Operations and Bsc in Business Administration and she intend to study "International Business Management". Her larger work experience of over 10years was on hospitality management industry and business management she owns her business and also a director in my own businesses.
Please what will you suggest on the POF as explained in my earlier submission.

Thanks for your response and contribution.
I think the next application need to succumb to the VO review or reasons of refusal on GCMS note it is clearly and on light note...change program related to the 10 years work experience !

As for POF since you intend to put land on the market..use the funds to build your statements...opening balance is very important the huge deposit don't need show on bank statement! You can be 2nd person as financial sponsor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2023
Pristine664:

Thank you very much for this concise explanation.
Just a little personal question... I did my biometrics in Lagos and I have decided to travel down to Lagos without appointment to submit at the UPS office close to vsf office.
1. Will I still address it (i.e send my documents) to Lagos Vsf office or directly to Abuja Vsf office from the UPS office close to Lagos office ?
2. After stamping if I decided to pick it up in person after sending through Courier, where exactly will I pick it up, at the courier office where I submitted or the main vsf office in Lagos?

Thank you.
Hello Pristine664
You don't need to travel down to Lagos to use the courier service, I want to assume there is a DHL or UPS office at your current location. Just go to the one closest to you and mail all documents to the VFS office in Lekki.
In-person pick up of your passport will be from the VFS office not the courier company.

Best regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godpikin4: 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2023
Please I am a bit confused and need some clarification.

For a woman who had a different name on her WAEC before marriage,what name is she supposed to apply for admission with? Name on the WAEC certificate or the changed name(husband's).

Please help out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by askarachi: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
Anyone going to International Business University, Toronto?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nwaeze6: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2023
zubizareta:

What clarification do you need

Any app I can use in making sch admission application fees or any reliable means I can use in paying the application fees as I don't have a dorm acct with any of the commercial banks yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by EkaAkp: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2023
zubizareta:

Yes. You can take a leave of absence and give it a shot. Would have been alot easier though if you were a business owner. Why not her apply alone anyway since you already submitted your visit visa application, if and when hopefully hers is approved, she can immediately apply for you to join in a sowp.

I actually have my business with a monthly revenue of over 7million and a profit between 500 to 600k monthly. This is my major source of income besides my monthly salary of 367k. My wife earns a little under 100k monthly and she’s got Boutique

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by heldworld: 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2023
zubizareta:

Didn't you see the instructions there that they weren't accepting applications again for the moment. Anyway, your best bet now is to wait and for when they said there will be updates on the page which is July 13th. Hopefully by then some programs will be available for you to pick from.
Thanks for your response. I really didn't see the info because I started my application before; since Monday, so I just went to my dashboard to complete the application and make payment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by heldworld: 7:14pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nwaeze6:

I was about applying 2 days ago before I saw the memo for temporary closure of international students application, I believe they would open again but won't be for all programs. Please what platform did you use in making your application fee payment?
I used Klasha app/card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jokeadegokeblog: 7:17pm On Jul 09, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:38pm On Jul 09, 2023
Godpikin4:
Please I am a bit confused and need some clarification.

For a woman who had a different name on her WAEC before marriage,what name is she supposed to apply for admission with? Name on the WAEC certificate or the changed name(husband's).

Please help out

Name on her intl passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2023
EkaAkp:

I actually have my business with a monthly revenue of over 7million and a profit between 500 to 600k monthly. This is my major source of income besides my monthly salary of 367k. My wife earns a little under 100k monthly and she’s got Boutique

Though I will strongly recommend she applies alone. However if you have the pof and can use your sop to convince why both of you should travel together then fine. It lies in your sop. Also as a business owner, you can use it as an economic tie to be managed by someone while you are away.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2023
jokeadegokeblog:
Please guys what do you think about this my friend POF explanation

MY FINANCIAL
I will be fully sponsoring myself for my one year study in Canada. I have paid CAD $8,651 for my first-semester tuition fee out of CAD 18,086.88, leaving a balance of CAD $9,435 to pay for the second semester tuition fee and CAD $10,000 to cover my living expenses. The remaining cost of my second semester tuition and living expenses for the duration of my one year studying in Canada is CAD ($19, 435) which is equivalent to N11, 183, 676
To substantiate my eligibility for the student visa, I have with me N14, 936, 275 which is equivalent to CAD $25,956.27 . I have N9,736,275 which is equivalent to CAD $16, 919.70 in my GTB savings account and N5,200,000 equivalent to
CAD $9,036.56 in my investment savings with Par investment limited which will be liquated before the start of my school resumption.
This money was generated from my salary savings, profits from my business, and my one-year investment savings with Pare Finance Limited which I have dedicated to supporting my education. My one year investment with Pareto Finance Limited was from the sale of one of my landed properties and profits from my business.
(Find attached the deed of assignment for the landed property sold)
To support my claim, I have attached five months of my bank statements from my savings account at Guaranty Trust Bank (MyBankStatement) and my one year investment certificate of N7,200,000 which is equivalent to CAD ($12,512.16).
I have dedicated these funds to fully support myself financially throughout my stay in Canada. I would like to explain the lump sum credits in my account.
• On March 20th 2023, my company, Ola Media, received an earned commission of N2,300,000 (CAD $4,377.89) from Anfo Catering Services for providing content writing and strategy services. We helped the brand gain visibility and established an online presence in Lagos, Nigeria.
• On the 23rd of May, a total of CAD $3,475 (2,000,000) from my N7,200,000 CAD $12, 512 investment savings with Par Finance Limited was liquated to my GTB savings account. I have attached a duly signed investment certificate as proof of origin.

I would also like to state that my business in Nigeria named ola Media would be fully functional to support me in cases where financial needs arise, even as I study and live in Canada.

He has enough money to pay the full tuition and do GIC so he does not have to spend time explaining the lump sum deposits. Some hard VO might be wondering why you would have all these funds and not pay the full tuition.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2023
jokeadegokeblog:
Please guys what do you think about this my friend POF explanation

MY FINANCIAL
I will be fully sponsoring myself for my one year study in Canada. I have paid CAD $8,651 for my first-semester tuition fee out of CAD 18,086.88, leaving a balance of CAD $9,435 to pay for the second semester tuition fee and CAD $10,000 to cover my living expenses. The remaining cost of my second semester tuition and living expenses for the duration of my one year studying in Canada is CAD ($19, 435) which is equivalent to N11, 183, 676
To substantiate my eligibility for the student visa, I have with me N14, 936, 275 which is equivalent to CAD $25,956.27 . I have N9,736,275 which is equivalent to CAD $16, 919.70 in my GTB savings account and N5,200,000 equivalent to
CAD $9,036.56 in my investment savings with Par investment limited which will be liquated before the start of my school resumption.
This money was generated from my salary savings, profits from my business, and my one-year investment savings with Pare Finance Limited which I have dedicated to supporting my education. My one year investment with Pareto Finance Limited was from the sale of one of my landed properties and profits from my business.
(Find attached the deed of assignment for the landed property sold)
To support my claim, I have attached five months of my bank statements from my savings account at Guaranty Trust Bank (MyBankStatement) and my one year investment certificate of N7,200,000 which is equivalent to CAD ($12,512.16).
I have dedicated these funds to fully support myself financially throughout my stay in Canada. I would like to explain the lump sum credits in my account.
• On March 20th 2023, my company, Ola Media, received an earned commission of N2,300,000 (CAD $4,377.89) from Anfo Catering Services for providing content writing and strategy services. We helped the brand gain visibility and established an online presence in Lagos, Nigeria.
• On the 23rd of May, a total of CAD $3,475 (2,000,000) from my N7,200,000 CAD $12, 512 investment savings with Par Finance Limited was liquated to my GTB savings account. I have attached a duly signed investment certificate as proof of origin.

I would also like to state that my business in Nigeria named ola Media would be fully functional to support me in cases where financial needs arise, even as I study and live in Canada.

This is good.
Add supporting docs showing quotes, invoices and receipts of sales etc showing source of your income. Also cac doc.
If u can't liquidate the investment, attach a letter from the organization saying the investment can be liquidated at anytime or exact date when it's due to be liquidated as long as it's before your study commences.

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godpikin4: 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
zubizareta:

Name on her intl passport.
Thank you. Hope it won't be an issue with the school since the last name will be different from that on the High School transcript.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
Godpikin4:
Thank you. Hope it won't be an issue with the school since the last name will be different from that on the High School transcript.
As an intl student, your travel document is mist important so it should match with a every info in your loa, ircc to avoid many questions at different points. For applying to the school, attach your affidavit of change of name and newspaper publication to your docs when applying. You will also do same in your visa application and anytime u submitting any documents showing your previous name

(1) (2) (3) ... (1267) (1268) (1269) (1270) (1271) (1272) (1273) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.