Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220275 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queensfield(f): 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2023
zubizareta:

Wait for deferral application to be approved so you don't have issue of using falsified LOA when ircc contacts the school to confirm.
Hi. Thank you for your message. I want to know what I will state as my purpose of deferment. Should I mention visa rejection? Thanks so so much for your reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyirocky: 5:29pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hi Zubizareta
Pls help me out
According to d mail dat was sent to me
Dey said I hv insufficient fund
But I had 26m
What would be the cause
Am going for Bsc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyirocky: 5:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
zubizareta:

Lol. That wasn't why your application was rejected. Better order your gcms notes and stop guessing.

And pls which one is gcms notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
Onyirocky:
Hi Zubizareta
Pls help me out
According to d mail dat was sent to me
Dey said I hv insufficient fund
But I had 26m
What would be the cause
Am going for Bsc

What's the cost of your annual tuition and the duration of the program so we can work out the pof.

Are you self sponsored or have a sponsor.
Any lump sum in your statement of acct or that of your sponsor if applicable?
What's your opening and closing statement of acct balances
What supporting docs did you attach to show source of income for you or sponsor if applicable??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2023
Queensfield:

Hi. Thank you for your message. I want to know what I will state as my purpose of deferment. Should I mention visa rejection? Thanks so so much for your reply.

It's simple. Inform the school you had applied and got refused. The schools usually frown at when students get LOA and they just sit on it without subsequently applying for visa that's why most of them give deadline date to update them on progress of visa application.
So tell them your application was refused attaching the refusal letter and you intend to reapply so you are asking for deferral to January intake. Shikina

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lyndaoyewole(f): 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2023
what works for uk visa applications, aren't applicable for Canadian visa applications. some are extremely lucky to post few months mbs & are approved, while some aren't so lucky. its advisable to submit statements if btw 6-12 months if possible. showing how funds move in & out of said account modestly. also submit liquid investment accounts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 5:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
smiglet001:
Hello everyone!
I'm facing a situation regarding my Canada Study permit application, and I could use some guidance.

My additional documents, after multiple compression (and some are already losing quality) still stands at 4.28MB and we all know that the additional documents (merged together) cannot exceed 2MB on the IRCC new portal.

How do I go about this reduction to 2mb with some decent level of quality for the documents to be readable by the VO?

Please this is urgent, as I want to submit my application today (11th July, 2023), since my program resumption date is September 2023, so I dont want to delay in the submission.

Now restart the whole process.
First use the link below and compress the originally merged docs.
https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf

OR

https://avepdf.com/hyper-compress-pdf

This should reduce to say 9mb.
Then use the one below and compress to your size choice depending on the setting you use. Keep altering it till you get your desired size and quality.

https://www.compress2go.com/result#j=edee7f30-fe17-4223-819c-a3a92cf394e9

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyirocky: 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2023
zubizareta:

What's the cost of your annual tuition and the duration of the program so we can work out the pof.

Are you self sponsored or have a sponsor.
Any lump sum in your statement of acct or that of your sponsor if applicable?
What's your opening and closing statement of acct balances
What supporting docs did you attach to show source of income for you or sponsor if applicable??
10CAD
4yrs course
My sponsor is my husband
He had 22m
Mine 4m
I added his CAC and mine because am into biz too
And pics of his goods at d shop
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2023
Onyirocky:

10CAD
4yrs course
My sponsor is my husband
He had 22m
Mine 4m
I added his CAC and mine because am into biz too
And pics of his goods at d shop

If we are to work out cost for the 4 years duration including living expenses and tuition, your pof will barely cover half so I assume you tried to show pof for atleast 1 year. So the question is what and what did you do in details to show your hubby source of income and assure the required funds for the remaining years will be readily available thruout the 4 years duration. That's where the work is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by askarachi: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hello Chief. Please I need some answers regarding my visa application

1. I just got an offer for September 2 days ago and this whole time I have been applying for a school in the UK (I was already done paying the fees and all and even got CAS).

2. Now all I have for my POF is 15M in my account (My proof of funds for the UK)

3. My sponsor has less than 5M in his account now but we can top it up to 40M (no lump sums) before the end of this month and other assets worth around 100M are involved also of course.

4. My real question is, is it too late to start building my sponsors account? If I can explain that the funds in my account were sent by my sponsor to act as POF for my UK admission, would IRCC listen to me? I’m really interested in going to Canada but the admission came so late when I had already lost hope.

Please I need advice!

Winnerpoks:

I'm not an Expert but I feel you should show More commitment by sending him 1 year living expenses and tution balance using a gift deed. That way they visa officer might be more convinced.

Secondly alot of people have been denied visa here because they used micro finance bank as POF some VO said it's unverifiable so I suggest you transfer the funds to your GTB and explain it in his SOP. with evidence

Lastly, he should get pictures of himself and the boy that's if he's with the mum and explain everything I'm details, he should also submit the son Birth certificate. Everything rests in your SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by askarachi: 6:13pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hello guys. Please I need some answers regarding my visa application

1. I just got an offer for September 2 days ago and this whole time I have been applying for a school in the UK (I was already done paying the fees and all and even got CAS).

2. Now all I have for my POF is 15M in my account (My proof of funds for the UK)

3. My sponsor has less than 5M in his account now but we can top it up to 40M (no lump sums) before the end of this month and other assets worth around 100M are involved also of course.

4. My real question is, is it too late to start building my sponsors account? If I can explain that the funds in my account were sent by my sponsor to act as POF for my UK admission, would IRCC listen to me? I’m really interested in going to Canada but the admission came so late when I had already lost hope.

Please I need advice!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leebeedo(m): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please, I don't understand what I am seeing oh. Can someone help me explain, please? Is it possible to get Stupy Permit without medicals? I did upfront medicals after I submitted my study permit application. I sent it in as an attachment and it's not reflected in the Application Status Tracker yet but they've requested for my passport.

Here is the content of the letter:
This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within
30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website:
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is
your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than
an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal information on
your file.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyirocky: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2023
zubizareta:

If we are to work out cost for the 4 years duration including living expenses and tuition, your pof will barely cover half so I assume you tried to show pof for atleast 1 year. So the question is what and what did you do in details to show your hubby source of income and assure the required funds for the remaining years will be readily available thruout the 4 years duration. That's where the work is.

Pls hw much re u suggesting to be in d account
Mine and my sponsor
Tanx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by angie88: 6:40pm On Jul 11, 2023
Congratulations. U did upfront medicals
Leebeedo:
Please, I don't understand what I am seeing oh. Can someone help me explain, please? Is it possible to get Stupy Permit without medicals? I did upfront medicals after I submitted my study permit application. I sent it in as an attachment and it's not reflected in the Application Status Tracker yet but they've requested for my passport.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within
30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is
your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than
an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal information on
your file.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hamzatwasiu3: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hello house,
I just got all these docs request from Medicine Hat college in Canada. Can someone explain better what all these docs meant so I won’t go and send wrong docs. Thanks so much house

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pristine664: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
Leebeedo:

Passport requirements
your file.

What exactly is it that you don't understand?
You've already sent your upfront medicals to them through webform and your application has been approved.

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tst123: 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good day , good people in the house, please I want to ask some questions and they are;
1. Can I proceed to visa application after paying tution deposit of $500 or do I still need to pay larger part of tuition
2. I applied 2016 but denied, do I still need to do biometric for new application
3. I have salaries from my biz and federal government and all these are not enough for pof but I have properties that can cover pof and tution fees. Is it advisable to use the proceeds from the sold of these properties as pof and tution fees? Because it would be a lump sum of money in my account .
Thanks for your response and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2023
Pristine664:

You've already sent your upfront medicals to them through webform and your application has been approved.

Congratulations!

lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Leebeedo(m): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2023
Pristine664:

Congratulations!

To be honest, I didn't know this meant approval until someone pointed it out in a post above. You guys have been very helpful in this forum and I appreciate the insight from everyone. For those still expecting approval, I wish y'all luck, it's gonna come soon. Thanks guys!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jimash: 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2023
Queensfield:
Hi. My visa was rejected and my admission revoked this morning for not meeting up with the deadline for acceptance cos of visa issue. I still have the deferral option. I'm also still in the process of doing my second visa application. Pls do I defer my admission? All these are happening really quick. I'm confused and pained. What is the best option for me? Should I ask for school fees refund and apply for a work visa? Thanks

Defer and retry it..stay strong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2023
Onyirocky:

Pls hw much re u suggesting to be in d account
Mine and my sponsor
Tanx
You have 2 options. Either you present full tuition for the 4 years which is a big ask anyway cos the total amount is about 90k cad. That's about 56 to 60m or you provide for atleast 2 years and use your sop to explain what your sponsor does and why and how he would guarantee funding for the rest of your education
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kc6964(m): 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
Tst123:
Good day , good people in the house, please I want to ask some questions and they are;
1. Can I proceed to visa application after paying tution deposit of $500 or do I still need to pay larger part of tuition
2. I applied 2016 but denied, do I still need to do biometric for new application
3. I have salaries from my biz and federal government and all these are not enough for pof but I have properties that can cover pof and tution fees. Is it advisable to use the proceeds from the sold of these properties as pof and tution fees? Because it would be a lump sum of money in my account .
Thanks for your response and God bless

Just pay only the deposit has the school required use your account to prove the rest also you can still pay part of the tuition fee if you want is your choice .. there is someone here who paid for the whole 2 years fee and still got denied. Just package your documents well and the rest will be fine

What is the name of the school and how many years is the program

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Draybaba0103(m): 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please can somebody explain the best way for Passport submission, the amount pay and documents required.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amule5000us(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please can I get admission in Canada with third Class
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onyirocky: 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
zubizareta:

You have 2 options. Either you present full tuition for the 4 years which is a big ask anyway cos the total amount is about 90k cad. That's about 56 to 60m or you provide for atleast 2 years and use your sop to explain what your sponsor does and why and how he would guarantee funding for the rest of your education

Pls I will need ur help on dat sop stuff because I don’t know hw to go abt it
Am pleading pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jokeadegokeblog: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
I have written my explanation for my PF and I will really want you to please read it. This is my WhatsApp number. Please message me if you can accept my email request. 09046918137
I intend submitting it tomorrow please

Bobomaigida:

Hi Joke,

The case seems simple, however, my suggestion on tackling it will be a gamble, which might work or not work depending on the provenance of the fund.

The good thing is that they have requested you to provide statement from a commercial bank.

Get a reference from the MFB stating that you are the owner of the fund and how long the funds have been fixed, also get a statement from them that is at least six months old. This letter should also state that you have access to the funds at all times. If possible, let them include their official email address for confirmation purposes.
Liquidate the funds and move it your commercial bank account where you will generate another statement to show the inflow of the funds.

Then write a detailed LOE to explain why you had to save the money in MFB - ie They pay higher interest rate on savings, ensuring the value of the fund is maximized.
Refer IRCC to the CBN regulations on MFB especially Section 3 (a) (permissible activities) and Section 12 (b) (sources of fund) where the former states that MFB can receive deposits from any individual not just poor persons, and that as a matter of fact you are considered a high NetWorth customer because of deposit you made into the bank, while the latter states that the sources of fund for MFBs amongst which is deposit from customers which can be anyone like you. Then state that because you have access to the fund you can make use of it anytime especially when you need to make foreign payments by moving the funds to your commercial bank like you have done presently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Willie3040: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2023
Hello ShowYoung,

Please I have sent you a private message. Can you please respond?

Thanks.

ShowYoung:

I still have questions about whether or not the agent got you into this.

I think there is no "fake" agent that will let you see this knowing fully well that he has done you evil.

Did you provide the LOA to the agent?

I am just reasoning based on what you wrote here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jokeadegokeblog: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
Good evening,
Please I sent you an email. Please kindly check. Please
Bobomaigida:

Hi Joke,

The case seems simple, however, my suggestion on tackling it will be a gamble, which might work or not work depending on the provenance of the fund.

The good thing is that they have requested you to provide statement from a commercial bank.

Get a reference from the MFB stating that you are the owner of the fund and how long the funds have been fixed, also get a statement from them that is at least six months old. This letter should also state that you have access to the funds at all times. If possible, let them include their official email address for confirmation purposes.
Liquidate the funds and move it your commercial bank account where you will generate another statement to show the inflow of the funds.

Then write a detailed LOE to explain why you had to save the money in MFB - ie They pay higher interest rate on savings, ensuring the value of the fund is maximized.
Refer IRCC to the CBN regulations on MFB especially Section 3 (a) (permissible activities) and Section 12 (b) (sources of fund) where the former states that MFB can receive deposits from any individual not just poor persons, and that as a matter of fact you are considered a high NetWorth customer because of deposit you made into the bank, while the latter states that the sources of fund for MFBs amongst which is deposit from customers which can be anyone like you. Then state that because you have access to the fund you can make use of it anytime especially when you need to make foreign payments by moving the funds to your commercial bank like you have done presently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yankison(m): 8:30pm On Jul 11, 2023
kc6964:

Hi, were you ask to pay for the tuition fees, I thought they only require for deposit of $500

I was referring to Fleming college that gave me admission earlier , was told to pay first term tuitin 7kplus .. Nbcc is just 500 cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by wasiubello: 8:39pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please house, it's over 12 days that I submitted passport to VFS Abuja for stamping.

But no single communication from VFS. No tracking sent. Please is this normal? What do I do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Draybaba0103(m): 8:53pm On Jul 11, 2023
wasiubello:
Please house, it's over 22 days since I submitted my passport to VFS Abuja for stamping.

But no single communication from VFS. No tracking was sent. Please is this normal? What do I do
Please can an experienced person be kind enough to put light on the issue people are having with passport submission and collection?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1274) (1275) (1276) (1277) (1278) (1279) (1280) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.