Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,504 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219259 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
skentelelady:

@Softdusdekay

To buttress the above point, you can beg the guy who made the payment to send you the screenshot of the payment that has his name. Let them know your friend made the payment not you. That you are sorry you dient know the payment was reversed to his account.

Write softly, make another payment, attach it to your LOE and back it up with prayer.

In the case of representative, you can explain that you had already submitted before you contacted a rep. Juat apologise that you didnt know you were meant to notify them since you had submitted yourself already

Na wa for all these small small issues oooo

Thanks for your advice ma’am. Yes I have the payment confirmation page generated from the IRCC portal then which I took for my biometrics then, so I’m attaching it along. I think the use of representative they were referring to is for the old application and not the new application because they asked me to information/documents with the new payment, “and an explanation as to why you did not declare your representative (accompanied with a “Use of Representative” form), if applicable.“ that means if I’m going to tell them someone did the application for me. So now, I have to stand on it that I did it myself because the Canada based representative I contracted only sent to me a consent form and they didn’t mention it.

See attachment below ⬇️ please.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
Please can VO deny study permit based on long duration between when you got admission and when you sent in you application let's say two months before starting of the semester?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
skentelelady:

Get a pre paid dollar card from GTB. It is instant but ensure you have $50 ready to pay in. Tho the limit on the card is $5000 / quarter.

Thanks again ma’am.
Please, do I need to open a dollar account with GTB before getting the prepaid dollar card? Access bank just opened my dollar account today and I’m hoping to go to the bank tomorrow to get a card. But I’m a case where I can’t pay with the card from access bank, hence, the need to get the prepaid dollar card from GTB.

Advise ma’am.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larryshow40: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
larryshow40:
Hello House,

Please I received a mail stating I should provide
Payment Receipt: Official payment receipt for the Biometric fee of CAD $85.

or provide evidence of biometric collection in lieu of payment of
biometric fees.

Can i get my receipt from vfs? because i did the biometrics years back but still valid

thank you

Pls any suggestion ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jennifernanya: 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
[quote author=JustMellow post=117840051]

Hello Guest911,

Reach out.
Cheers!

Hello, please can you help review my SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cheebu: 6:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
For those of us who have traveled recently or those who have an idea, how much is the least amount of money are you supposed to declare to Canada Border Services Agency as settlement funds?

Someone said something about carrying little cash then presenting your Nigerian bank statement. How true is that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Kikivanxx:
Lately i can confidently say this thread has gone cold. To be specific, the last 3 weeks compared to charitojames era.

Let’s revive it.
Please stop, you want them to continue to detail here with the insults that span pages?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello,

You can always request an extension from your DLI, with a cogent reason(s) and substantiated proof.

Success is all I Wish You!

Oh, I had no idea. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oyefhunke(f): 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
Joedave25:
@Oyefhunke,

You can only send documents through2a webform from your profile.So search for the link as we have posted it severally I d let 2 weeks.

Nothing will go wrong on your medical because the facility will send your result to IRCC after the test.You will also be given the medical sheet to upload for your records too

pls kindly ep me resend d link...cant find it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Good evening guys please i want to know how long it will take to get gcms notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
onyekachee:
Please house I need your help,I am thinking of reapplying and my agent has told me that since it was stated that I have a registered business,I need to submit my own personal account statement and I am not the one to sponsor myself,is this really compulsory?

Yes oh! Especially if you’re not a minor, they denied a friend of mine because he didn’t submit his own personal bank statement after he submitted his dad own as sponsorship, as long as you have a business, and you’re grownup, they expect you to have some money in your account to show you can take care of yourself if need rises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2022
SoftdudeKay:

I’m trying to repay the $185 CAD for the application fee now but it is not accepting my card maybe due to the foreign limit. Please, how else can I make the payment?

Why not get a dollar card?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2022
Greetings house.

I'll like to ask those whose flight took off at 8am from MMA, what time did you arrive the airport?

Did you lodge in a hotel, go from home or sleep at the airport?

Your response will be very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by idirect(m): 8:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
I have applied to schools in Canada and I am working in a government institution, I want to know what type of letter I need to request from my organization to help my visa application. Also, can I also use them as my POF even though they are not the one sponsoring the programme. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by piragirl(f): 8:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
Greetings, please do you know about Georgian college,they started that the $2500 deposit is non refundable, please I want clarity if they will refund if Visa is denied or not.

I know they have refund policy,and I have gone through it, but I'm not sure if the deposit will be refunded or not.
I will appreciate all input.
Thanks

quote author=JustMellow post=117838752]

Hello Sammmypoko,

In the Atlantic province, the college is one of the best but the deposit of CAN$ 500 is non-refundable if the international student could not attend classes due to some unforeseeable circumstances. Don't let the cheap tuition and/or flexible PR routes be the only reasons for wanting to study in the DLI/province. This is sometimes misconstrued by the VOs.

In terms of program structure and robust curricula, that of colleges in the Atlantic provinces cannot be compared to other provinces, especially Ontario. Most colleges in Ontario will always issue a refund even for deposit payments if an application is denied or a student could not resume classes due to personal reasons like health or the loss of a family member, etc. Any college you chose to attend, ensure you sufficiently justify your reason(s) and meet other SP requirements.

Success is all I Wish You![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hello guys! Please does IRCC have direct access to ones bank account?!!! How did they confirm the money is there and legit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2022
SoftdudeKay:

Thanks for your advice ma’am. Yes I have the payment confirmation page generated from the IRCC portal then which I took for my biometrics then, so I’m attaching it along. I think the use of representative they were referring to is for the old application and not the new application because they asked me to information/documents with the new payment, “and an explanation as to why you did not declare your representative (accompanied with a “Use of Representative” form), if applicable.“ that means if I’m going to tell them someone did the application for me. So now, I have to stand on it that I did it myself because the Canada based representative I contracted only sent to me a consent form and they didn’t mention it.

See attachment below ⬇️ please.

please like someone said up there, dont mention this new rep then. Juat refer to the old application. I wish you best of luck. It shall end in praises

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
SoftdudeKay:

Thanks again ma’am.
Please, do I need to open a dollar account with GTB before getting the prepaid dollar card? Access bank just opened my dollar account today and I’m hoping to go to the bank tomorrow to get a card. But I’m a case where I can’t pay with the card from access bank, hence, the need to get the prepaid dollar card from GTB.

Advise ma’am.

Just walk into any GTB. Go to CS unit and tell them you want to open a pre paid account. Please have like min of $50 cash ready to deposit into your account for instant charges for Maintenace fees #10 and others

I dont know if Access would give you card immediately but GTB regular $ MC gets ready in 8 working days while Pre paid is instant I mean under 1hr. The different is the transaction limit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
larryshow40:

Pls any suggestion ?
if you still have the debit alert or check your statement of account. Do a screen shot and send. If you can visit Vsf but I doubt they will be willing to back to years to check record. You can wait for others to contribute
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
piragirl:
Greetings, please do you know about Georgian college,they started that the $2500 deposit is non refundable, please I want clarity if they will refund if Visa is denied or not.

I know they have refund policy,and I have gone through it, but I'm not sure if the deposit will be refunded or not.
Thanks

Hello Sammmypoko,

In the Atlantic province, the college is one of the best but the deposit of CAN$ 500 is non-refundable if the international student could not attend classes due to some unforeseeable circumstances. Don't let the cheap tuition and/or flexible PR routes be the only reasons for wanting to study in the DLI/province. This is sometimes misconstrued by the VOs.

In terms of program structure and robust curricula, that of colleges in the Atlantic provinces cannot be compared to other provinces, especially Ontario. Most colleges in Ontario will always issue a refund even for deposit payments if an application is denied or a student could not resume classes due to personal reasons like health or the loss of a family member, etc. Any college you chose to attend, ensure you sufficiently justify your reason(s) and meet other SP requirements.

what does the refund policy say in case SP is denied?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2022
PatrickOkunima:
Greetings house.

I'll like to ask those whose flight took off at 8am from MMA, what time did you arrive the airport?

Did you lodge in a hotel, go from home or sleep at the airport?

Your response will be very much appreciated.

I'll appreciate your response to this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JewelRegi(f): 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
bullstriker:
Like @Johnstan stated, you need to decide on the program you want to study. To improve your chances of getting the study permit, go for a program related to your present occupation if you are not a recent graduate.
Let me know if you need assistance applying or getting an affordable school.

Hi,
Thanks for your responses. Please I need recommendation on affordable schools, where I can work also.
Planning to apply before the end if this month.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
idirect:
I have applied to schools in Canada and I am working in a government institution, I want to know what type of letter I need to request from my organization to help my visa application. Also, can I also use them as my POF even though they are not the one sponsoring the programme. Thanks

There will be no need to use them as POF if they aren't the one sponsoring you. The letters they can give you will be

Introduction letter
leave approval letter.
Absorption into service when you are back- this can be included into the leave letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ndubisi12:
Good evening guys please i want to know how long it will take to get gcms notes

30 to 300 days - the service has been slow lately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Japaboy: 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
Please I need help on cheaper schools in Canada that offers diploma courses. Any suggestions?. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elmemeoflagos(m): 3:55am On Oct 25, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I got denied August 26th based on insufficient funds. Although, I know why I got denied. I had unexplained lumps and the money in my account wasn't up to 4.5m.

I requested for gcms notes August 28th.

Up until now, I haven't gotten my gcms notes.

I have increased my funds and explained every Lumps in my account.
I intend to apply since, I fully know why I was denied.
My resumption is Jan 5. I can't defer again. I have deferred more than twice.

Please your advices is needed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onaliaku: 5:40am On Oct 25, 2022
Good question.....

You have served your punishment and they're still waiting for that truth from you and that must happen before you can go forward to reapplying for any sort of visa.

Explain your situation with the agent too.

bepositive11:

Why don't you come clean now and tell them the truth? It's never too late.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by meemeelisco(f): 5:42am On Oct 25, 2022
If you are in NSCC or going to NSCC for the winter session and you are looking for a roommate, please get in touch with me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onaliaku: 5:44am On Oct 25, 2022
Saying that he used another person's card to make payment sounds like a fraudulent act. And the owner of the card saw the transaction and revert it back because he didn't approve it. He should be careful before he jump from frying pan to fire.

bepositive11:

His case is complicated. I gave him that advice because it wasn't even his agent that made the payment, and he truly was not aware of the reversal.

He can't say that he reversed the payment, neither can he say that his agent reversed the payment because they're both lies. He could say that he used another person's card to pay which is true in a way...

But I think he should just take responsibility and apologise without explicitly explaining what went wrong. Then go on to attach proof of the new payment and proof that he genuinely paid his student visa application fee without any reversals.

I also advised him to get advice from other people who may have experience in this situation before he decides what to do.

Do you have any ideas for him? Please share if you do.

@ the bolded, it's very disappointing... they will just keep making things harder for all of us including themselves...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by padie77: 6:20am On Oct 25, 2022
piragirl:

Thanks

Hello Sammmypoko,

Refunds for international students
Georgian notifies Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) of all withdrawals. International students are entitled to a partial refund of fees paid if the withdrawal is received within the first 10 working days of the term. No refunds will be issued after 10 working days of the term. For all new students being represented by an agent, the refund is returned through the agent whenever possible. Fees paid will be refunded in full for subsequent terms. For study permit refusals, a full refund will be issued if proof of study permit refusal is submitted within the first 10 working days of the term. All refunds are calculated using the equation to the right.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:42am On Oct 25, 2022
Onaliaku:
Saying that he used another person's card to make payment sounds like a fraudulent act. And the owner of the card saw the transaction and revert it back because he didn't approve it. He should be careful before he jump from frying pan to fire.

Good point. He should definitely include proof of consent if he decides to say that.

My last advice was that he should just come clean and tell them the truth - that someone else made the payment. I'm sure IRCC already knows this and they're just waiting to see whether he'll come clean and tell them the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.