Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,225 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219280 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
Vlibray:

Put it in your authorization to debit letter
Then make sure you upload the receipt generated from flywire to the trade system portal

Oh, I need to write an authorization to debit letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anifowoshehabee: 2:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
kweje:

9K is what you should have paid. The advise that 4k is enough is not correct. Since you used an agent, please be sure what documents was eventually submitted.
You also mentioned you were asked for an updated bank statement.. was it MBS you submitted initially or scanned paper bank statement? Was it MBS you submitted as updated statement?

Please get in touch with your agent to review what documents are on portal before you write what could get you in trouble.

[[/b]Await suggestions from others.[b]

But kweje what i wanted to know is that, even if it goes the other way round, i hope it is not something one can get a ban for cause i am scared right now and base on what they wrote in the request letter they only made mention ot getting the application refused if no better evident that is what i wanted to know and be sure of
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vlibray: 3:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
socially4fun:

Yes. You have to. Something like the attached image.

Also upload your admission letter , international passport , School invoice, undergraduate certificate or O level certificate if you are going for an undergraduate program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sos123: 3:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
Omo the spirit is weak

Omo I go soon craze

Omo wetin the happen?

Omo why webform no dey perform zam zam

16 weeks and 2 days

Omo na Omo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
Please guys i need a help from you guys, I order my gcms notes and they sent me mail that i should sign and send back to them but i want to know if i can use the same email that they used to send me the form and send it back to them. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
Ndubisi12:
Please guys i need a help from you guys, I order my gcms notes and they sent me mail that i should sign and send back to them but i want to know if i can use the same email that they used to send me the form and send it back to them. Thanks all

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
Vlibray:

Yes. You have to. Something like the attached image.

Also upload your admission letter , international passport , School invoice, undergraduate certificate or O level certificate if you are going for an undergraduate program.

Thank you so much. Well elaborated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
Anifowoshehabee:

But kweje what i wanted to know is that, even if it goes the other way round, i hope it is not something one can get a ban for cause i am scared right now and base on what they wrote in the request letter they only made mention ot getting the application refused if no better evident that is what i wanted to know and be sure of

Hi Ani,

1. The agent made an error to ask you to pay 4k when the amount the school requires was stated.
2. Are you aware of the other documents submitted by the agent ie can you attest to the authenticity?

Suggested solutions
1.Quickly reach out to your school to seek clarification on the partial payment, to find out if there is any negative implication.
2. Find out if any balance can be paid immediately.
3. Draft a good LOE that will explain the reason for the partial payment and the stance of the school to accepting it.

NB- It is possible IRCC has confirmed from the school on this issue before sending you PFL so try and reach the school to get their input before drafting the LOE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by RelaxingEnd: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
socially4fun:

Check well. The invoice you generated should come with an authorization letter, authorizating flywire to receive the payment on behalf of the school. If it's not there, then you should include one. And the payment ID should be on the last page of the invoice. That's how my flywire invoice was.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 5:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hello everyone,,

I studied Industrial relations & personnel management (HRM), had second class lower (2:2)

Can I go for PGD in Information Security Management?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by piragirl(f): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
Please which school is that and what course.quote author=Elmemeoflagos post=117864398] Guy...Calm down... My tuition fee for a yr is just $6k[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Hi Ani,

1. The agent made an error to ask you to pay 4k when the amount the school requires was stated.
2. Are you aware of the other documents submitted by the agent ie can you attest to the authenticity?

Suggested solutions
1.Quickly reach out to your school to seek clarification on the partial payment, to find out if there is any negative implication.
2. Find out if any balance can be paid immediately.
3. Draft a good LOE that will explain the reason for the partial payment and the stance of the school to accepting it.

NB- It is possible IRCC has confirmed from the school on this issue before sending you PFL so try and reach the school to get their input before drafting the LOE.

Agents be doing the most this days

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2022
Panasonic101:
Hello everyone,,

I studied Industrial relations & personnel management (HRM), had second class lower (2:2)

You can get the Info Sec Management admission quite alright but hope you have career progression in this line or a way to explain the switch of careers. Because VO might flag it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnmark247: 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2022
Wow....wahalacious Tessyugbajah. Congratulations as God finally reversed the decision in your favor. Na God Win!!!

Let me use this medium to appreciate someone from this group that really help me after my visa was refused, and my so called agent that collect millions from me couldn't do anything to help. But the man from this group help me and glory to God my visa has been approved, to God be all the glory. I will look for his name and post it also. Or sir if you are seeing this please reply to it..
[/quote]
Tessyugbajah:
Let me use this medium to appreciate someone from this group that really help me after my visa was refused, and my so called agent that collect millions from me couldn't do anything to help. But the man from this group help me and glory to God my visa has been approved, to God be all the glory. I will look for his name and post it also. Or sir if you are seeing this please reply to it..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
sos123:
Omo the spirit is weak

Omo I go soon craze

Omo wetin the happen?

Omo why webform no dey perform zam zam

16 weeks and 2 days

Omo na Omo

We gather dey o. 15 weeks 5 days undecided
Eye don dey turn me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
RelaxingEnd:

Check well. The invoice you generated should come with an authorization letter, authorizating flywire to receive the payment on behalf of the school. If it's not there, then you should include one. And the payment ID should be on the last page of the invoice. That's how my flywire invoice was.

Yeah, I saw that. It is included in the third page of the invoice. But in my understanding, the authorization to debit as explained above is what authorizes the bank to debit the naira account for the dollar equivalence. It is different from the one in the invoice document. Thank you for your input.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
22weeks 3 days!!!
Honestly, sincerely, frankly speaking, without mincing words I am seriously very tired.
The psychology Wahala no be here.
You can't afford to make medium term plans let alone long term plans.
Canada is a developed country, it's not supposed to be like this.
How can one file an application, then start waiting for 3 - 6 months, sometimes 9-12 months.
There's no justification whatsoever for this.
Thomsyne:

We gather dey o. 15 weeks 5 days undecided
Eye don dey turn me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Panasonic101: 5:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
Thomsyne:

You can get the Info Sec Management admission quite alright but hope you have career progression in this line or a way to explain the switch of careers. Because VO might flag it

Have been undergoing training in tech for the past 2months. Finished my Bsc last year… is that okay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
amila20042001:
22weeks 3 days!!!
Honestly, sincerely, frankly speaking, without mincing words I am seriously very tired.
The psychology Wahala no be here.
You can't afford to make medium term plans let alone long term plans.
Canada is a developed country, it's not supposed to be like this.
How can one file an application, then start waiting for 3 - 6 months, sometimes 9-12 months.
There's no justification whatsoever for this.

Waoohhh! Damn. Not coool, this one.
And as you rightly said, for a developed country, I don't seem to understand the justification for this.
Its not like these applications are paper-based or they are being manually moved around.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
Panasonic101:

Have been undergoing training in tech for the past 2months. Finished my Bsc last year… is that okay?

Uhhh, yeaaahhh, I guess, but maybe hold on for others to chip in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Japaboy: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
kweje:

Please can you help me with cheap schools one can apply for diploma or phd courses. Thank you
9K is what you should have paid. The advice that 4k is enough is not correct. Since you used an agent, please be sure what documents was eventually submitted.
You also mentioned you were asked for an updated bank statement.. was it MBS you submitted initially or scanned paper bank statement? Was it MBS you submitted as updated statement?

Please get in touch with your agent to review what documents are on portal before you write what could get you in trouble.

[[/b]Await suggestions from others.[b]
Thomsyne:

300k for admission, not even VISA is outrageous.
Plus that advice to go for undergrad will only complicate your explanation when applying for VISA. Given your first degree grade, a PGD will be a better option and you can definitely apply and get it yourself.

Check the likes of Durham, Lambton and Seneca.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Japaboy: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
Please can someone recommend cheap schools one can apply for diploma and pgd courses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Natural29: 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie here, please can anyone enlighten me on university of Ottawa and concordia University in terms of minimum tuition fee for May intake, preferred school BTW the two.....

Supervisor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Natural29: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie here, please can anyone enlighten me on university of Ottawa and concordia University in terms of minimum tuition fee for May intake, preferred school BTW the two.....

Moreso, any recommendations of schools to look out for may intake for MEng Engineering without the need for supervisor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Enddystar(m): 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dear house, we know for sure that this journey is not an easy one. May God favour us in the end. Amen.
Please who can help me use a second eye to look at my SOP. I appreciate you in anticipation. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chisolove3: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
I remember you from last year....Congratulations dear

RollyA:
Hi everyone, i am not sure anyone knows me on this thread, but i thought to drop my Canada study journey.

my timeline as much as i can remember goes thus:

Applied January 9 2021 , got refused February 2021, reason: Personal assets and financial status

Applied again April 2021, addressing the issues, got refused in August 2021 for same reason, personal assets and financial status

Began my journey to JR because i did all i could, everyone i chatted with on thread 19 didnt know whatelse i should do that i hadnt done.

So i consulted a lawyer, he read my notes and documents submitted, said i had a good case.

In my first application, the denial reason was that they could not find documents of financial proof, i remember i was asked to submit MBS but i declined, i was told it was not compulsory, at least their request letter said so, so i asked them to process with the traditional bank statements i provided, i was wrong, it was not an option, i was refused 2 days after i ignored their request.

So to improve my chances, i liquidated my fixed deposits in my first application, paid 95% of my tuition from it and reapplied, lo and behold, i was slammed with lump sum deposit despite my explanation and documentary evidence the lump sum were from my liquidated fixed deposits.

my journey to JR began in September, a month after my second refusal, IRCC refused to settle at first instance, i became pensive and put in a third application in December, finished paying my tuition, bit the bullet and did GIC, it was expensive but it was worth it. I did a third application because the case had gone quiet and i had already almost given up on it. i started questioning my choice to go through JR, my lawyer was in high spirits and was very much sure we will win.

He was not in support of my third application but i did it anyway. The third application was untouched from December 2021 to May 2022, it was as if they wanted to see the direction of my case in court.

So in that same May, the judge granted leave (this means the judge is interested and wants to hear the case which will most likely rule in my favor)

2 days after the judge granted leave, IRCC comes forward to settle and reopen my file. 2 days after they settled, my third application which was untouched gathered momentum, medical request dropped like a week after settlement, PPR a month after. the second application which was still reopened was withdrawn after i got PPR.

Immediately after i received my PPR, i put in my son's application and it was approved in 6 weeks.

we arrived BC last week and preparing for my resumption in January 2023.

I hope everyone on this journey and awaiting decisions draws strength from this post.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2022
Oh, okay. I get the drift now. But you know that is a dicey situation because one can't predict if these guys would ask for an updated SOA.

Dolaqueen:

Nothing fishy, I use my mom’s account, she’s a business woman, she might remove the money to further fund her business, that’s why I’m asking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 6:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
Good day everyone please I'm really in need of any help I can get on this situation.
I applied for my study permit with a letter of admission of fall 2022 but because my application was delayed I eventually deferred to winter 2023 but few days after deferring my admission, my study permit got approved and my passport has already been stamped.
My question now is do I need to notify ircc about this change before leaving Nigeria because I've heard things like a person would need to reapply for a study permit if he makes any changes before Nigeria.
And if notifying them does not pose an issue how do I go about it I'd really appreciate if I can get a response as I'll be traveling very soon.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
Congratulations.

Since you only deferred your admission and didn't change your DLI, you won't need to reapply for a new study permit visa. But i believe you need to update them with your new LOA.

hayoBams:
Good day everyone please I'm really in need of any help I can get on this situation.
I applied for my study permit with a letter of admission of fall 2022 but because my application was delayed I eventually deferred to winter 2023 but few days after deferring my admission, my study permit got approved and my passport has already been stamped.
My question now is do I need to notify ircc about this change before leaving Nigeria because I've heard things like a person would need to reapply for a study permit if he makes any changes before Nigeria.
And if notifying them does not pose an issue how do I go about it I'd really appreciate if I can get a response as I'll be traveling very soon.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2022
I think you should make proper use of google to get your desired tuition fee/school. Check schools that are outside Ontario. They seem to have lesser fees.

Japaboy:
Please can someone recommend cheap schools one can apply for diploma and pgd courses

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
Panasonic101:
Hello everyone,,

That's a career switch. If it's not related to your previous study or work experience, you have a great job of convincing the visa officer your reason for career Change.

Have people done it, yes but you need to explain well and convincingly too.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adefunkeadelaku(f): 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
Pls gurus come to my aid, my upfront medicals hasn't been updated since 2 months now, I applied with my son but his own got updated immediately. Do house advise I raise a Web form my self, as my application is been handle by an agent but the agent is currently indisposed, couldn't even reach her. Pls jelp me ooo I applied for jan 2023 intake, time is going.

(1) (2) (3) ... (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.