Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,297 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219335 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 10:40am On Oct 25, 2022
Your moniker shows (f) … kindly indicate that u want female roomie … but for male and female sharing room together in canny with that harsh winter … if something No happen make I bend …lol �
meemeelisco:
If you are in NSCC or going to NSCC for the winter session and you are looking for a roommate, please get in touch with me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elixosodi(f): 10:44am On Oct 25, 2022
Fredba:
Congratulations man
Kheyi!!!! Congratulations man, more grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elixosodi(f): 10:46am On Oct 25, 2022
ogify1:

Una like wahala sha..
I swear. Lolzzz
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2022
kweje:

Hi, for international travel, it is advisable to be at the airport 4 hours before your departure time. Especially in Nigeria, getting to the airport late can set one into confusion.
Aim to be there between 5am at the latest.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 11:04am On Oct 25, 2022
300K is way too much. Admission processing into most schools isn't really difficult, it is something you can do yourself. I won't advise you to go for an undergraduate program because with your 2:2 you can still secure admission into some colleges for a PGD/PGC program.

hardeydara213:
Good day the gurus in the house.Pls am new here an agent is asking for #300k for admission fee.Is that not too much? Pls suggest & I have bsc in admin with 2.2 & agent is telling me to take an undergraduate course pls suggest what I can do..I need your guidance pls!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 11:08am On Oct 25, 2022
Your question insinuates something fishy and i won't advise you to toe that path at all because 5 years ban no be akamu.

And yes, if you make use of the traditional statement of account and not MBS, they would likely verify with your bank.

Dolaqueen:
Hello guys! Please does IRCC have direct access to ones bank account?!!! How did they confirm the money is there and legit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 11:15am On Oct 25, 2022
demz99:

And you haven’t gotten any update yet?

Sorry I meant status of my eligibility changed 18th of October not August

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esanson: 11:24am On Oct 25, 2022
Isyma:

Sorry I meant status of my eligibility changed 18th of October not August
when did you apply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2022
Esanson:
when did you apply.
July
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 11:49am On Oct 25, 2022
Onaliaku:
Saying that he used another person's card to make payment sounds like a fraudulent act. And the owner of the card saw the transaction and revert it back because he didn't approve it. He should be careful before he jump from frying pan to fire.

It doesn't sound like a fraud to me as long as he has the evidence of payment from the payee with him especially the screeshot of payment from the email. The person can even help to say he helped him to make payment.

Another things is that he could have got reversal without alert. This happens often.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chymallchamps: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2022
Good day gurus,
Please what course in Canada can you apply for as an NCE holder.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2022
hardeydara213:
Good day the gurus in the house.Pls am new here an agent is asking for #300k for admission fee.Is that not too much? Pls suggest & I have bsc in admin with 2.2 & agent is telling me to take an undergraduate course pls suggest what I can do..I need your guidance pls!

You dont need agent to get admission. Search fornsxhools yourself. Send the admission office email to make enquiry. It will only cost you data and time.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anifowoshehabee: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2022
What did this means cause i didnt understand it enough.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
Tgbengus151:
Your question insinuates something fishy and i won't advise you to toe that path at all because 5 years ban no be akamu.

And yes, if you make use of the traditional statement of account and not MBS, they would likely verify with your bank.

Nothing fishy, I use my mom’s account, she’s a business woman, she might remove the money to further fund her business, that’s why I’m asking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
Dolaqueen:

Nothing fishy, I use my mom’s account, she’s a business woman, she might remove the money to further fund her business, that’s why I’m asking

IRCC expects you to continue your life as such, money can leave and return back to the account back and forth while the application is on, in the same fashion that the account has always been run before.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2022
Anifowoshehabee:
What did this means cause i didnt understand it enough.
Dear Anifowoshehabee,
It appears the amount on the tuition deposit receipt attached in your application is less than the required deposit by your school.

Is this the case?
Is their any document from the school stating why you should pay only that amount?

Some colleges only issue you a 2nd LOA (some schools call it enrollment) to use for visa application after paying the required tuition deposit… this VO is curious if your document is genuine, did you get a wavier on deposit fee that made the school issue you the LOA when you didn't meet their deposit requirement.

[/b]If you are sure about the genuineness of your documents, and can explain why you paid less with supporting evidence, then write them a satisfactory LOE. [b]

Wait to hear from others.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anifowoshehabee: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
kweje:

Dear Anifowoshehabee,
It appears the amount on the tuition deposit receipt attached in your application is less than the required deposit by your school.

Is this the case?
Is their any document from the school stating why you should pay only that amount?

Some colleges only issue you a 2nd LOA (some schools call it enrollment) to use for visa application after paying the required tuition deposit… this VO is curious if your document is genuine, did you get a wavier on deposit fee that made the school issue you the LOA when you didn't meet their deposit requirement.

Wait to hear from others.

The thing is got letter of acceptance together with the fee to pay together as well which i paid 4k and my agent was like it is okay which we paid it but to my surprise when i got the message of the partial payment from him and i told him you said we should pay 4k so my thought was the acceptance letter came together with the amount to pay but i never knew one will still get another acceptance letter to use for visa application but then i am confused and scared this doesnt leads to ban cause i have met and paid the agent before discovering nairaland here but i hope it doesnt lead to ban even tho i have ordered my gcms notes cause i dont even know what is going on in my portal timeline as i have no access to it but i know one time he called to deposit more money into my account that they requested for updated statement of accounts which i did and he said he will back it up with some explanantion maybe that is the part of him explaining it in the sop but what i am after now is that i hope things like this doesnt leads to ban tho i didnt fake any documents everything was all genuine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
Hi guys, I need help in filling out form A on the TRMS portal. I generated my invoice from Flywire and I noticed there are some required fields needed to complete the form which are not included in the invoice. The required fields are beneficiary email, phone and IBAN.

Also, on the bank details section, it asks for payment mode. I want to choose dom account, but I got confused since a naira account number is demanded in the next field.

And there is no section to input the payment ID/reference generated by Flywire.

Please if there is a guide to filling the form A, or if this question has already been answered, please point me to it. I have searched NL and couldn’t find any. Thank you.

Cc Jonhstan, Justmellow and other gurus.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vlibray: 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
socially4fun:
Hi guys, I need help in filling out form A on the TRMS portal. I generated my invoice from Flywire and I noticed there are some required fields needed to complete the form which are not included in the invoice. The required fields are beneficiary email, phone and IBAN.

Also, on the bank details section, it asks for payment mode. I want to choose dom account, but I got confused since a naira account number is demanded in the next field.

Please if there is a guide to filling the form A, or if this question has already been answered, please point me to it. I have searched NL and couldn’t find any. Thank you.

Cc Jonhstan, Justmellow and other gurus.

Name : Flywire Payments Corporation
Phone Number : +1 800 346 9252
Email : support@flywire.com
IBAN : Routing Number on your generated receipt
Payment mode : Telex

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2022
Anifowoshehabee:

The thing is got letter of acceptance together with the fee to pay together as well which i paid 4k and my agent was like it is okay which we paid it but to my surprise when i got the message of the partial payment from him and i told him you said we should pay 4k so my thought was the acceptance letter came together with the amount to pay but i never knew one will still get another acceptance letter to use for visa application but then i am confused and scared this doesnt leads to ban cause i have met and paid the agent before discovering nairaland here but i hope it doesnt lead to ban even tho i have ordered my gcms notes cause i dont even know what is going on in my portal timeline as i have no access to it but i know one time he called to deposit more money into my account that they requested for updated statement of accounts which i did and he said he will back it up with some explanantion maybe that is the part of him explaining it in the sop but what i am after now is that i hope things like this doesnt leads to ban tho i didnt fake any documents everything was all genuine

Can you confirm what amount the LOA asked you to pay? Was it 4kCAD? Is that amount written on the fees letter that came with the LOA?

Most schools ask for 1st term tuition, some ask for just a deposit.

Please don’t panic. Just verify your facts.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kikivanxx: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
Elmemeoflagos:
Yes I paid tuition deposit.

I did not provide my own personal statement cos it empty.

I used my mom as sponsor. She had just 4.3m and we provided 3 landed properties

Won’t suffice. You should aim full tuition payment and also at least 12M Acc statement cos the VO is going to question the availability of all the money in your moms acc to just your proposed schooling alone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anifowoshehabee: 1:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
kweje:

Can you confirm what amount the LOA asked you to pay? Was it 4kCAD? Is that amount written on the fees letter that came with the LOA?

Most schools ask for 1st term tuition, some ask for just a deposit.

Please don’t panic. Just verify your facts.

What is inside the LOA is first payment is 9k with due date and their was also a second payment too but it is after some months for the second payment, that is it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bunmmy01: 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
Good Afternoon my people,

please advice, my sister has a 2.2 in bsc accounting and her work experience has been in banking and Lagos state government as an accountant. which program is advisable for her. she was put on waitlist at NSCC and was told her letter will be out by January. kindly suggest schools and programs that best fit for her. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Elmemeoflagos(m): 1:49pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kikivanxx:

Won’t suffice. You should aim full tuition payment and also at least 12M Acc statement cos the VO is going to question the availability of all the money in your moms acc to just your proposed schooling alone
Guy...Calm down... My tuition fee for a yr is just $6k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 2:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
Anifowoshehabee:

What is inside the LOA is first payment is 9k with due date and their was also a second payment too but it is after some months for the second payment, that is it.

9K is what you should have paid. The advise that 4k is enough is not correct. Since you used an agent, please be sure what documents was eventually submitted.
You also mentioned you were asked for an updated bank statement.. was it MBS you submitted initially or scanned paper bank statement? Was it MBS you submitted as updated statement?

Please get in touch with your agent to review what documents are on portal before you write what could get you in trouble.

[[/b]Await suggestions from others.[b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
Bunmmy01:
Good Afternoon my people,

please advice, my sister has a 2.2 in bsc accounting and her work experience has been in banking and Lagos state government as an accountant. which program is advisable for her. she was put on waitlist at NSCC and was told her letter will be out by January. kindly suggest schools and programs that best fit for her. Thank you.

Dear Bummy01,
She can get into a post graduate diploma or certificate program. She should please invest time to research colleges in the different provinces. Lots of the colleges in Ontario would have something that fits her career/study progression.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
Elmemeoflagos:
Guy...Calm down... My tuition fee for a yr is just $6k

I’m assuming this is for a two-year course

Tution: $6k x 2
Living Exp: $10k x 2
Misc: $3k

Total: $35k ~ 11.550M in Naira.

The 12M plus claim is very correct if it’s for a two-year course. 12M won’t even cut it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by socially4fun: 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2022
Vlibray:

Name : Flywire Payments Corporation
Phone Number : +1 800 346 9252
Email : support@flywire.com
IBAN : Routing Number on your generated receipt
Payment mode : Telex

Thank you so much.

What about the payment ID/reference generated by Flywire? I don’t see where to fill it in and it is highlighted as important in the invoice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anifowoshehabee: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
kweje:

9K is what you should have paid. The advise that 4k is enough is not correct. Since you used an agent, please be sure what documents was eventually submitted.
You also mentioned you were asked for an updated bank statement.. was it MBS you submitted initially or scanned paper bank statement? Was it MBS you submitted as updated statement?

Please get in touch with your agent to review what documents are on portal before you write what could get you in trouble.

[[/b]Await suggestions from others.[b]

Yea it was mbs i submittee as Updated SOA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vlibray: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2022
socially4fun:

Thank you so much.

What about the payment ID/reference generated by Flywire? I don’t see where to fill it in and it is highlighted as important in the invoice.
Put it in your authorization to debit letter
Then make sure you upload the receipt generated from flywire to the trade system portal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Awefisayo(m): 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2022
You mean we should search for school of our choice?
skentelelady:

You dont need agent to get admission. Search fornsxhools yourself. Send the admission office email to make enquiry. It will only cost you data and time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) (426) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.