Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! (1466 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by swiftycool(m): 10:54am On Aug 15, 2007
Hi everyone!
Recently i got a disturbing news about too many nigerians being denied UK student's visas, despite the authenticity of their intentions, this could be so painful and in some cases makes some people not want to go on.

This thread is created to encourage aspiring AUTHENTIC student visa applicants to make the move and prevent those silly mistakes that have caused many their dreams of studying abroad. Questions and answers are expected over salient points to be considered in filling up the new VF forms and student Questionaires, documentations money matters, correspondence etc.

Please if you have been issued a study visa, lets hear your experience, if u are an AUTHENTIC consultant lets get to know u, IF YOU can help a brother or sister out do it here. No back door processes are welcomed here pls.

Lets give our Naija graduates a second chance of getting a real internationally valued education, a rudiment for Nation building .
Re: Helpline For Ur New Uk Student Visa Application! by naijatown(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2007
Hello Swiftcool,

Am pleased to learn of this forum.It serves as a veritable place for Nigerians(both home and abroad) to express their profoud opinions on a myriad of issues.

Ive been reading your many contributions to this forum and I have in no small way benifitted from other peoples experiences,testimonies and advice.Perhaps it would have been better if I had discovered this forum before I submitted my application to the britsh high commission in lagos ,for a student's visa!

I kindly request the team of experts on visa issues to please advise me ,as i believe my case is a litte peculiar to the ones Ive been reading about so far.

I recently submitted an application to study for an msc(international business) in london.i have studied in the uk as a minor from 1981 till 1987(am 28 now).I was accompanied by late father.I was in the Uk legally and stayed with white guardians througout my time as a student in the uk.However in 1987 my late father requested i return to Nigeria to continue with my studies.Since 1987 ive been actively engaged in my studies.I would like to state however that the name i travelled under is quite different from the name i was to later bear as a student in the uk.The reason i was told was that the whites found it hard to pronouce my original name and for the convenience of everyone i had to adopt my late father's first name as my surname.Unfortuately I also can't find my passsport aand therefore have little evidence of my past travels as all my travel documents were in the possession of my late father.All i have is two certificates awarded to me in london and an old pix of me in my british school uniform.I have submitted these documents as supporting documents with my application form.

Am a graduate(bsc business administration) and i have 1 and a half years working experience.I now run my own business in nigeria.

I inherited shares from my late father and the dividends are paid in USD into my dorm account .

My sponsor(although i really don't need a sponsor)is my mother's step brother.They don't share my mother's maiden name.He has provided me with his shares certificate ,statement of account,receipts ,invoices,affidavit,and letter of support.

I have provided my business registration,statement of account in naira and USD.my business invoice,receipts and statement of purpose and receipts for 50% deposit payment of tuition fees.

I did state in the form that i had visited the uk before ,i also stated that my current passport was not the first issued me.Although i missed to state the name differences in my od passport.

1.i would like to find out if my previous stay in the uk will affect my current application.

2.will the british high commission hold against me the fact that i cannot produce my previous passport .

3.With this new biometric system can they trace my details in my old passport and if so if they find out about the slight differences in my name how will this affect my application.

(1) (Reply)

Any Problem With My International Passport ? / Uk College In Manchester Uk / delete topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.