Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels (1814 Views)

Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million / Fayemi, Sumaila And Some Other Entourage Of Buhari Take A Street Pix In US / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by gidson12(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2011
Ekiti to convert gov’s office, Abuja house to hotels
Ado-Ekiti – Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, has said the present governor’s office and Ekiti house in Abuja will be converted to hotels to raise money for the state. . .

He said: “This government met a mountain of debts and we have an agenda for transformation. Ekiti people do not believe in excuses. They believe Fayemi is a magician. I believe we can approach the capital market like my predecessor Otunba Adebayo who was the first governor to take a bond from the capital market. We are reconverting the Governor’s office back to a hotel, which has its original design.

We need a hotel that can accommodate between 100 and 120 people at a time in Ado-Ekiti. We are converting Ekiti House in Abuja to a hotel and we are going to get a new liaison office.

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/ekiti-to-convert-govs-office-abuja-house-to-hotels/
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by gidson12(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2011
no be small thing o, this state suppose be local government, how much would a hotel the size of a government guest house generate for a state. . .abi na the governor runs
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 02, 2011
I also wonder how states should have governor's lodge, another liasion office in Abuja and both maintained with taxpayers' money ! Btw,does Ekiti has two government house or is fayemi intending to operate from his house ?
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Plutarch: 7:30am On Aug 02, 2011
Good move by d gov'nor. More money in d asset column. I recommend same 4 for other poverty striken states like Ebonyi, Yobe,Jigawa,Taraba and other poor states.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Godalone(m): 7:47am On Aug 02, 2011
The former governor of Ekiti State Fayose converted Fountain Hotel to governor's office. Otunba Niyi Adebayo started the hotel but when he lost his re-election Fayose finished the hotel and turned it to his office. Good move Fayemi,you can return to the former governor's office.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by homerac7: 7:54am On Aug 02, 2011
^ guy, hav u been to d former governor's office? If u have, u won't want him to do dt, but probably build a newer one at d new state secretariat site.

D present office is befitting enough, but if he has to relinquish it, he probably should build a new one as d former one was d old local government chairman office of Ado local government before d state Ws created. I have been there before and it looks too unbefitting.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by gidson12(m): 8:01am On Aug 02, 2011
@ Plutarch,
how is it a nice move, what positive diffrence would it make, converting a small state government house/ laison office to a hotel, how much revenue would it generate to the state. Someone is about to curruptly obtain governments property. The next move would be to sell it
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 02, 2011
gidson12:

@ Plutarch,
how is it a nice move, what positive diffrence would it make, converting a small state government house/ laison office to a hotel, how much revenue would it generate to the state. Someone is about to curruptly obtain governments property. The next move would be to sell it
Yes they should sell it cuz I don't know why these states keep liasion offices in Abuja only to let them as offices even in Lagos too. What purpose do liasion offices serve ?
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Plutarch: 8:16am On Aug 02, 2011
@gidson,
its still beta than spending govt money maintaining it and no matter how little some amt of money thru this initiative
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by ektbear: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2011
Good move. Would be better to eventually even sell it off, no? Sold to the highest bidder transparently and openly.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by gidson12(m): 9:15am On Aug 02, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Yes they should sell it cuz I don't know why these states keep liasion offices in Abuja only to let them as offices even in Lagos too. What purpose do liasion offices serve ?
thats a good question though, what really is the funtions of all these laison offices in Abuja
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by gidson12(m): 9:17am On Aug 02, 2011
Plutarch:

@gidson,
its still beta than spending govt money maintaining it and no matter how little some amt of money thru this initiative
well, if the intent is genuine, no problem,
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by gidson12(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2011
ekt_bear:

Good move. Would be better to eventually even sell it off, no? Sold to the highest bidder transparently and openly.
that is where it would eventually head to, 'selling it', but transparency would be a big issue
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by ektbear: 9:30am On Aug 02, 2011
gidson12:

that is where it would eventually head to, 'selling it', but transparency would be a big issue

Fayemi seems like a pretty good chap and so far hasn't really made any major mistakes (imo.) Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Greenpro: 9:39am On Aug 02, 2011
The idea is good to generate income to the state but the manager is the biggest problem. Government managers don't always make profit until given to private owner then you see profit been declare.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by moshmusth(m): 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
Where are the so Called proffessors in Ekiti state to come out in their large numbers make them please support these Doctor on how to run Ekiti state, Sai Fatai Ahmed,Sai Bukky,Sai Magida,Sai oloye op say una neva sleep oooo this is a wake up call for you una, Ekiti oni baaje oooo
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by femmy2010(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
It is a good one.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Solozzo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2011
Better to sell the properties, and use the money for a project that benefits the common people rather than running a hotel.

Narrow-minded thinkers!!!
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by femmy2010(m): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
Solozzo:

Better to sell the properties, and use the money for a project that benefits the common people  rather than running a hotel.

Narrow-minded thinkers!!!

There is nothing narrow minded in what he has done.
I am sure each hotel would successfully emply at least 50 new staff and make more revenue for the state.
Go ask Pathfinder hotel in Ado-Ekiti how much millions he rakes in monthly.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by chino11(m): 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2011
Typical of yorobah visionlessness and focuslessness. who cares after all the state is a rural state, little known eketi state, the 2nd poorest state west africa. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2011
I hope he pays for accommodation when he visits abuja on official or unofficial duty
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by ak47mann(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2011
Things are getting tight for govt officials this days, they say Jonathan don tighten, the tap well well how can one think of turning the state government house to hotel/brothel  tongue tongue i have seen were i go dey bleep illeke idi when ever i come ekiti state tongue tongue

But for real if Jonathan put pressure on his government to find how they can generate more revenue to carter for their states,and the money the states receive is not enough to pay salaries in the state,governors have to look for other revenues to meet up that way they will be force to work,when the governors can see that they don't have enough income in their state finding ways to steal money will be limited cool
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
And they say they're business minded.

Kudos to Fayemi.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by puffpuff: 6:40pm On Aug 02, 2011
Instead of hotel management, why not lease. This will fetch a fixed and tangible income.It is a visible fact that govt is not good at managing business. The managers of these ventures only manage for their pockets and this ultimately bankcrupt the business. Thus outliving the purpose of such venture.
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by puffpuff: 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2011
Leasing these properties will guaranteed a fixed and tangible income than converting them to hotels.It is a visible fact that govt is not good at managing businesses. The managers of these ventures only manage for their pockets and this ultimately bankcrupt the business. Thus outliving the purpose of such venture.
As per where the Governor will be operating from,that is his own problem. I am comfortable with this step as long it brings development to the 'Land of Honour'and this ultimately bankcrupt the business. Thus outliving the purpose of such venture.
As per where the Governor will be operating from,that is his own problem. I am comfortable with this step as long it brings development to the 'Land of Honour'
Re: Fayemi To Convert State Properties To Hotels by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2011
ak47mann:

Things are getting tight for govt officials this days, they say Jonathan don tighten, the tap well well how can one think of turning the state government house to hotel/brothel  tongue tongue[b] i have seen were i go dey bleep illeki idi when ever i come ekiti state[/b] tongue tongue

loool  grin

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Plans To Sell Electricity To Nigeria / Fg Vs Labour = Deadlock / Why Are Africans And African Descended People Ok With Being Called Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.