Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? (26475 Views)

The Most Corrupt Nigerian Musical Video / These Are The Top Best Nigerian Songs Of 2021, Which Is Your Favourite? / Mention Two Best Nigerian Gospel Songs You Have Heard This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by HIPROFILE(m): 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes everybody is a musician in their own way. If you can sing the National Anthem you are a musician

A musician is one who does music or sings for a living.

Not everyone who can open mouth and sing can make that organized sound called music or song thats why some self acclaimed musicians only make noise in the name of making music. eg LIL Kesh and Portable as case study. However in the Nigerian setting of music Industry, a noise maker can still make money making his noise due to the aid of new mad beats nevertheless he or she would hardly be seen as successful in the music industry.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Drbarmes(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

Burna Boy is not in top 5 talent wise.
Lol. Burnaboy is the most talented new school artiste in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Techguyz(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

He has on the On the low and Killen dem with Zlatan which I love- only two good songs I like to be honest.

Is this playing!!!!

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by jayworld15(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
africandollar:

Yup, you’re right. Even the great MJ never played any instrument proficiently and no one dares say he ain’t a musician.

He did know how to play instruments. It was not his things because the roles were not his but his brothers. But if you ask him to play for you, he'd do that without any problem.

1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by sheriffindy(m): 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
You have to.. that's a start. You must master the art of handling one of the musical instruments.
kanupapilo:

You don't have to be an instrumentalist to be a great musician

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Omniman(m): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Portable baby
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by ukaface(f): 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Portable
Speed Darlington and
Vic o

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by koolaid87: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Dino melaye

He dey act too

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by sneak3(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:
Who do you think is the best Nigerian musical artist talentwise?

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

My top 5 in order of talent and who create consistently good songs:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Add kizz Daniel and remove R. Banks

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by MrColdsweat: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
They're all trash..
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Banhammy717: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wizkid is the best talented musician in Nigeria as at today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Godsongang: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wande coal

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
1. Wande Cole
2. Mayorkun
3. Every other artistes

cool
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Geovanni412(m): 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Talentwise - Brymo is the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Scarletjr(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Asa
phyno
Seyi vibez
Baloranking
Erigga

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by HazardAwka(m): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
Flavour
Burnaboy
Adekunle Gold
Simi
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by artworks1: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Tell us which instruments these so called MUSICIANS can play
I know Fela played Saxophone,Trumpets, Guitar and keyboard

People now sing with computers and call themselves MUSICIANS
grin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Moniya4Real(m): 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

He has on the On the low and Killen dem with Zlatan which I love- only two good songs I like to be honest.
Zlatan the noise maker?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by casualobserver: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Fela Kuti…..the beginning and the end!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by jayworld15(m): 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
Fela Kuti
Sade Adu
Burna Boy
Davido
Olamide
Barrister
Tope Alabi
Ojo Ade
Seal
Sunny Ade
Honorable mention:

Kollington
Osupa
Dagrin
Rema
Yinka Ayefele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by KessJr: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
where is
Johny Drille
Burna Boy
Kizzy Daniel
Simi
Adekunle Gold
Omah Lay
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Ekugbeh(m): 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
Brymo, Duncan mighty, Timaya, Dare Alade
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by silverkings: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nobody is mentioning Timaya who's been relevant since his break out season. Don dada, etc... Dance hall, afrobeats... Man is good biko.... Cold outside.... Timaya is talent

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Enemyofpeace: 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Tell us which instruments these so called MUSICIANS can play
I know Fela played Saxophone,Trumpets, Guitar and keyboard

People now sing with computers and call themselves MUSICIANS
God bless you immensely
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by LegendaryArnold(m): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Wande Coal
Oxlade
Victony
Brymo
Burnaboy
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Konjiboii: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wande coal, every wande song or feature is a must listen for me.

Jesse jags is fire

I have a love/hate spot for sinzu ,he is fire but shifting from the Naija/Yankee swagga swagga, and being too foreign now.

Portable for he just don't give a fvck and he's still getting paid..dude is a glitch in the matrix.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Enemyofpeace: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
casualobserver:

Fela Kuti…..the beginning and the end!
please tell him o
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by gonkin(m): 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
Olamide (has is own style, like he's gisting)
Brymo (has this African tune in his voice)
Burna (sounds like pure afro)
Wizkid not big wiz (most Nigerian artists have his pattern of singing but he created it).
Wande coal

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by OhBritannia(m): 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Brymo
2face
P (square)
Fireboy
Asa
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by EngrKemp: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay
And u had to remove burnaboy

How and why exactly
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by zhirkovrado(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
If you can ignore Rema and Burna boy, it's definitely not talent you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Ckonnet: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes everybody is a musician in their own way. If you can sing the National Anthem you are a musician

Press that op neck wella.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top Seven Video Directors In Nigeria / 'Thankful': Queen Kel & Davido Sing To God In A Gospel Song (Photo, Video) / Are these P'square's Top 10 Greatest Hits? See inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.