Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? (26549 Views)

The Most Corrupt Nigerian Musical Video / These Are The Top Best Nigerian Songs Of 2021, Which Is Your Favourite? / Mention Two Best Nigerian Gospel Songs You Have Heard This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by saysugar(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Asa and evelle
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Olat4421: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Fireboy is super talented infact he is d most talented musician in Africa infact he is underrated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by EngrKemp: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Masama:

The voice is also an instrument, it's not compulsory that you must play other instruments before you become a musician
No, with the voice u r a singer.
A musician is one who can play one or more musical instruments

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:
Who do you think is the best Nigerian musical artist talentwise?

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

My top 5 in order of talent and who create consistently good songs:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay
Burna sud b on dat list, no 1.. Reekado Banks R u 4 real. And who d fvck is Idabanton
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kog45(m): 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Honestly to know real talent in Nigeria music, just give them mic to sing Live.... I dunno for 2face Idibia,respect to 2baba,the man is a real talent.... others na crack voices during live play, more reason all of them brings DJ along for supplement.

Respect to our old musicians who always nail it with live band

6 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by wickedLion: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Asa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by happney65: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Portable omo olalomi. cheesy
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Rubbiish(m): 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

Burna Boy is not in top 5 talent wise.
U don't know the meaning of talent
Reekado banks in a list without burna boy?
Burna boy is best lyricist in Nigeria
U can't be talking about top talented artist in Nigeria without burna boy, except u choose to be bias

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by dipoted: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Your list in incomplete without Kizz Daniel.

kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by jclassiq(m): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay
It's a pity. If you think wizkid is more talented than omah lay then it's obvious you know nothing about music.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

You should have added Kizz Daniel to the list.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by HoneySwag(f): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
A lot of persons typing Fela Kuti � if he was still alive, you'd all be quick to criticize his lifestyle and music... But because he's dead you now see him as a legend �

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Echoban: 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
Masama:

Your loss, you're missing out on good music

Pls tell us examples of the good music sang by Rema angry

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Onelove508: 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
Fela, 2baba, wandecole, Asa, the cavemen.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kog45(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
Rubbiish:

U don't know the meaning of talent
Reekado banks in a list without burna boy?
Burna boy is best lyricist in Nigeria
U can't be talking about top talented artist in Nigeria without burna boy, except u choose to be bias
Sincerely I gave it to 2face and now Burna boy,others na noise o
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by naijapikin2(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
To me it's

Nathaniel Bassey.

Those who know should know
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Benwallt(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

Do well to put time.
None of those come close to 2face

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by siofra(f): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
I'm so disappointed no one mentioned Ayra Starr!

Like have you listened to songs on her album? A versatile queen I stand kiss

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by blazepascal(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
When you talk about talent wise it definitely

Johnyydrille
Richassan
Wizkid
Buju
Chike
Fireboy but im dey use computer wella
Wande coal
Rekado banks
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by odinga1of: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Tell us which instruments these so called MUSICIANS can play
I know Fela played Saxophone,Trumpets, Guitar and keyboard

People now sing with computers and call themselves MUSICIANS

Oga CKAY and Omah Lay are talented instrumentalists. They just decide to switch to singing.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kog45(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
HoneySwag:
A lot of persons typing Fela Kuti � if he was still alive, you'd all be quick to criticize his lifestyle and music... But because he's dead you now see him as a legend �
Oga na music we dey talk no be lifestyle and only dumb man would not rate Fela but kudos to 2face and Burna boy

5 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Ckonnet: 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

Burna Boy is not in top 5 talent wise.

You must have a bad taste, that guy almost created a fusion that never existed. Pre burna, do you hear any genre close to his?

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by jojothaiv(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes everybody is a musician in their own way. If you can sing the National Anthem you are a musician
Wahala...
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by chrisaria(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Burnaby boy is the best presently. The man is complete and has his unique style of music. Stage performance is �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kog45(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Benwallt:

Do well to put time.
None of those come close to 2face
Thank you my man

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by elinaxy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
kanupapilo:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay
Can they play any musical instrument? If No then they are not the definition of what someone can describe as talented musical artists
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by gfelo(m): 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
the questn shud be who is Nigerian greatest of all time music artist, ur live above can never make it to top 50, to rate from any criteria
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by odinga1of: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Powerfly:
In my humble opinion...
I'll arrange it in this order...
1. Burnaboy. Please listen to his lyrics...burns boy's lyrics convinces me that truly He's the African giant of afrobeat.
2. Kizzdaniel. Nigga is so good..he barely has a bad song.
3. Fireboydml. Boy is so good too.
4. Rema.
5.jonnydrill.
6. Chike.
7. Phyno
8. Tems.
9.victony
10. Magixx.

I would have love to include Wizkid...ibuse to love Wizkid back in the days..but this days he's songs barely hit hard...it's always simple lyrics that sounds so dry.... I get e girl for shirts, I get many many girls..this girl, that girl...haba..
The only song I can doff my cap for him is essence...and I keep saying this..had it been Tems wasn't on that song....that song might not have turn out to be what it is today...but regardless..he's still a big name. Just that he's lost that pen game.

My opinion tho..so don't come to my mention and fry me or wail. kiss

No Omah Lay? U go put Magixx........oga stick to Romance Section
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by lailo: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
BIGWIZ.
Others should first release as much music as his and feature as much artistes as he has, then I will take them serious.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Bintdawood(f): 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
No one mentioned John Cena embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are these P'square's Top 10 Greatest Hits? See inside / Easy Steps You Can Get Your Songs As CRBT On Mtn,9mobile,Airtel,GLO Network Fast / ALBUM: Brymo - Tabula Rasa (the Gift) Full Album Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.