Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service (10089 Views)

Students Loan; Tinubu May Give Autonomy To The Universities / Akeredolu Builds New office Complex for the state Internal Revenue Service(PICS) / Yoruba Fighting Against Restructuring , Greater Autonomy To Regions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by sojiboy(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2022
....recruits 200 new staff

The Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has granted autonomy to the state internal revenue service in order to be more productive in its revenue generating drives.

Speaking at the opening ceremony of a week induction programme organized for its new staff in Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State capital, on Monday the Chairman of the Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service(EKIRS), Mr. Muyiwa Ogunmilade, said the autonomy would further fortify the revenue generating body to operate independently and rake in money monies into the state's coffers.

Disclosing giant strides made by the service to curtail financial drift, the EKIRS boss added that all loopholes and leakages had been blocked, while government had also deepened transparency and accountability in revenue processing and generation in the state.

Ogunmilade said the government had with the employment, hired the services of capable and competent hands to enable the service meet its mandate in terms of revenue generation.

He said the the one week induction programme would build the capacity of the staff towards optimal service delivery.

According to EKIRS boss, "effective IGR drive can only be achieved through robust ICT platform calling on government to support the service with state of the art facilitates.

"I encourage Ekiti people to always pay their rates and taxes as and when due. Let me assure you that government would continue to channel the available resources towards the provision of necessary infrastructural amenities that would improve on the wellbeing of the people", he said.

The state Head of Service, Mr Bamidele Agbede, who declared the induction ceremony opened, charged the newly recruited staff to strategize and display the right dexterity that can guarantee the boosting of the IGR drive of the state.

He submitted that improved IGR was the only way the state government could survive the dwindling allocation from the federation account.

Agbede commended Mr Ogunmilade for transforming the state internal revenue service.

The HoS, who charged the newly recruited staff to intensify efforts at increasing the IGR for the development of the state, maintained that the present administration was committed to excellent service delivery hence the need to engage the new staff.

Some of the newly engaged staff including, Esther Akinyemi and Kunle Adojutielegan, lauded the recruitment process and promised to put in their best towards improving the revenue base of the state.
https://gistsmate.com.ng/flash-fayemi-grants-autonomy-to-ekiti-revenue-service-recruits-200-new-staff/

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by Toneypen247(m): 1:55am On Aug 02, 2022
I just hope this is not another series of paper policy implementations with no pragmatic effect. undecided undecided
Let me just be pessimistic to be optimistic because this government can never be trusted. lipsrsealed

You might need my signature service below, kindly send a dm

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by emmabest2000(m): 1:55am On Aug 02, 2022
story story story ...
This government never care about people's amenities

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by akinbode1(m): 2:01am On Aug 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by kabasa24: 2:01am On Aug 02, 2022
good one coming from Gov Fayemi.
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by Xscape047: 2:08am On Aug 02, 2022
Nice

Meanwhile...

I'm looking for experienced professional writers....quick Jobs and prompt payment
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by lonelydora: 2:12am On Aug 02, 2022
Nice one.
But I hope it's not just for news.

Meanwhile,

Ihube - Uturu
Okigwe - Lokpanta
Abuja - Kaduna
Lokoja - Abuja (Low key)
Kontangora - Yauri
Funtua - Dutse
Auchi - Okene

These roads have become impassable due to the activities of bandits/kîdnappers.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by zerwa: 2:30am On Aug 02, 2022
Biafrans would definitely not like this. They are just waiting for bad news to pop in from the south west but God pass una.

BAT 2023 is Assured*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by DeltaOil: 2:36am On Aug 02, 2022
zerwa:
Biafrans would definitely not like this. They are just waiting for bad news to pop in from the south west but God pass una.

BAT 2023 is Assured*

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by Chiedu4Trump: 2:40am On Aug 02, 2022
lonelydora:
Nice one.
But I hope it's not just for news.

Meanwhile,

Ihube - Uturu
Okigwe - Lokpanta
Abuja - Kaduna
Lokoja - Abuja (Low key)
Kontangora - Yauri
Funtua - Dutse
Auchi - Okene

These roads have become impassable due to the activities of bandits/kîdnappers.
And Enugu-P’Harcourt highway!

The Presence of ESN hindered Fulani Herdsmen.
This is why the Army went after ESN to stop them fighting the Fulani Herdsmen.

Since most ESN guys have been killed, Fulani Herdsmen now operate on the roads with the protection of the Army
https://twitter.com/vanguardngrnews/status/1554247676727787521

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by lonelydora: 2:42am On Aug 02, 2022
Chiedu4Trump:

And Enugu-P’Harcourt highway!

The Presence of ESN hindered Fulani Herdsmen.
This is why the Army went after ESN to stop them fighting the Fulani Herdsmen.

Since most ESN guys have been killed, Fulani Herdsmen now operate on the roads with the protection of the Army
https://twitter.com/vanguardngrnews/status/1554247676727787521

The Enugu - Port Harcourt is the Okigwe -Lokpanta I mentioned.

The army is complicit in all these.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by lexy2014: 3:15am On Aug 02, 2022
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by GboyegaD(m): 3:29am On Aug 02, 2022
I only hope we have a credible election come next year and these resources are well channeled.
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by funshow21: 3:32am On Aug 02, 2022
They need an avenue to recoup the money invested on the just concluded election....
It is time to pay back with interest..

I dy buy paypal dollar funds... I ll pay you instantly before you send the funds..
Let relate @08one433one7669

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by gracealonev: 4:20am On Aug 02, 2022
Autonomy.
Did he just wake up? All I know is that nothing good ever comes out when politicians begin to use terms and jargons.

I earnestly pray that Ekiti people too will not wake up into a booby trap in the order of Alpha-Beta.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by blackpanda: 4:59am On Aug 02, 2022
Sai Tinubu 2023
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by davidluv(m): 5:32am On Aug 02, 2022
Alpha Beta loading.....

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by Authoreety: 5:55am On Aug 02, 2022
Let's see how it goes na
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by sslcrypt: 5:56am On Aug 02, 2022
Must a picture have a camera make on it? Why can't we just see a picture without all these useless tags? Or the photographers not experienced?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by akanbiaa(m): 6:04am On Aug 02, 2022
Okay
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by Koralords: 6:12am On Aug 02, 2022
lonelydora:

The Enugu - Port Harcourt is the Okigwe -Lokpanta I mentioned.

The army is complicit in all these.
So it's the armies that killed their fellow soldiers? One thing about you people is you always shift the blame ,when ever a security personal is killed you never condem it you people jubilate over it but when the tide turns you scream blue murder ,saying the armies are killing the innocent

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by Ppogbae: 6:23am On Aug 02, 2022
Makes sense. If they are not under the eyes of the government, they can steal more money.

Fayemi is an intelligent man grin
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by stanisbaratheon: 6:30am On Aug 02, 2022
It's a good move, but Why didn't he grant this autonomy since? Or is it because he has benefited his own share and about to leave office?
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by yemobrown(m): 6:31am On Aug 02, 2022
Another 10% to be earned monthly by the facilitator. Awon Ole jatijati..
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by anonimi: 6:47am On Aug 02, 2022
emmabest2000:
story story story ...

Do we the people even care about our own amenities due from government?
If we did why will LGA chairmen and governors refuse to employ enough teachers to have every child in free primary, vocational and secondary school?
Do you know
Even almighty Lagos of Thiefnuibu na sorry case in education for all children depsite huge IGR increase and oil revenues.
Is that because Thiefnuibu looted all the money

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by ufotunang: 6:53am On Aug 02, 2022
Make the environment conducive for bussinesses to strive and excel...then you will see that a lot of taxes will be paid and IGR will increase...but when bussiness are struggling to survive the hard economy they will find it difficult to pay their tax when the bussiness in running in lose
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by GardenOfGod(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2022
Which one come be people's amenities ni? grin grin
emmabest2000:
story story story ...
Re: Fayemi Grants Autonomy To Ekiti Revenue Service by backtovillage: 7:14am On Aug 02, 2022
Ekiti will soon become no man's land very soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Campaign Rally In Gummi, Anka LGs, Zamfara State (Pictures) / Constitution review: NASS okays Independent Candidacy, 50% waiver for women / Nnamdi Kanu And The CIA Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.