Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

For Alx Graduates - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / For Alx Graduates (4258 Views)

I Just Quit ALX Programme / ALX Virtual Assistant Program / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Alx Graduates by Techstar: 7:20am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello,
I'm currently enrolled in the ALX SE programme.
I just want to know the probability of getting a job through the ROOM. Is it high or low?
ALX will be expecting a total of 10k+ graduates by next year, will there be enough jobs for all of us? Or should I register at Microverse ?
Re: For Alx Graduates by kennethfranc(m): 8:10am On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
Hello,
I just want to know the probability of getting a job through the ROOM. Is it high or low?
ALX will be expecting a total of 10k+ graduates by next year, will there be enough jobs for all of us? Or should I register at Microverse ?

I suggest you still calm down and study python which is the next inline rather than hopping around. I understand that C is not helping but weren't you the one suggesting that people shouldn't dwell on C?
BTW ALX never promised to fix you at a job they only said "you will be opened to a ton of opportunities."
Re: For Alx Graduates by airsaylongcome: 8:30am On Aug 02, 2022
kennethfranc:

I suggest you still calm down and study python which is the next inline rather than hopping around. I understand that C is not helping but weren't you the one suggesting that people shouldn't dwell on C?
BTW ALX never promised to fix you at a job they only said "you will be opened to a tone of opportunities."

Pretty sure that was “ton” or “tonne”. Tone is a completely different word. Not criticizing or being unnecessarily picky. But that “tone” can convey a completely different meaning than ALX intended

1 Like

Re: For Alx Graduates by kennethfranc(m): 8:49am On Aug 02, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Pretty sure that was “ton” or “tonne”. Tone is a completely different word. Not criticizing or being unnecessarily picky. But that “tone” can convey a completely different meaning than ALX intended

Thanks boss wink

1 Like

Re: For Alx Graduates by airsaylongcome: 9:10am On Aug 02, 2022
kennethfranc:

Thanks boss wink

Thank you too for not taking offense.

1 Like

Re: For Alx Graduates by Techstar: 9:13am On Aug 02, 2022
kennethfranc:

BTW ALX never promised to fix you at a job they only said "you will be opened to a ton of opportunities."
even if I join microverse, i will still finish alx, no matter how stressful it is. Worst case my grades will drop a bit, because my attention was divided. Deferring or Dropping out of ALX is not an option. My goal is to have a remote job by middle of next year. I heard of Microverse months ago, but I was reluctant to apply because of the $15,000 charge from your salary, I must confess, I underestimated how tough it can be to get a remote job, I'm kinda regretting not going for it.
Re: For Alx Graduates by LikeAking: 9:36am On Aug 02, 2022
Why will they train 10k ppl without providing jobs for them?

I am not a class room/school person I for join long time ago. Ordinary you tube tutorials sef dey get me confused talk of school.

I am beta studying alone.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Luckydonalds(m): 10:54am On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
because of the $15,000 charge from your salary
Can u please tell me more about microverse and their T and C's
Re: For Alx Graduates by Techstar: 12:13pm On Aug 02, 2022
Luckydonalds:

Can u please tell me more about microverse and their T and C's
they will train you, link you to a job, without you paying. But they will remove 15% of your salary (only if your salary is above $1000) till you pay up $15,000
Re: For Alx Graduates by TheTraveler: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
they will train you, link you to a job, without you paying. But they will remove 15% of your salary (only if your salary is above $1000) till you pay up $15,000

Hmmm, just read about them. The whole thing looks welcoming.

They're focusing on full-stack web Dev using react and ruby on rails, it also includes git and github, collaboration, DSA amongst others.

The duration of the program is 10 - 11 months.

They didn't promise applicants job, rather they'll prepare you for the job market.

However, after going through their arrangements and all that, I must say it is a hard choice to make if you're already a student of Alx.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Techstar: 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
TheTraveler:

Hmmm, just read about them. The whole thing looks welcoming.

They're focusing on full-stack web Dev using react and ruby on rails, it also includes git and github, collaboration, DSA amongst others.

The duration of the program is 10 - 11 months.

They didn't promise applicants job, rather they'll prepare you for the job market.

However, after going through their arrangements and all that, I must say it is a hard choice to make if you're already a student of Alx.
exactly, my only worry is the 10-11months, if it was shorter, I would have made my choice be now.
Re: For Alx Graduates by TheTraveler: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
exactly, my only worry is the 10-11months, if it was shorter, I would have made my choice be now.
You wants them to teach you HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ruby and their frameworks in 3 months?

1 Like

Re: For Alx Graduates by TheTraveler: 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2022
LikeAking:
Why will they train 10k ppl without providing jobs for them?
You mean they owe you a job even after training you for free? Like provide job for every student?

Man, your reasoning baffles me each time you make a comment in this section.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Anonymous6o6: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
Hello,

With the opportunities being provided by ALX, I'm surprised your complain would be job. I understood from your point of view but do you think if you attain all the skills provided by ALX and eventually joins the ROOM, that jobs would be an issue? Did you attend the recent graduation? Only 320 people graduated out of thousands, if they are eventually added to the ROOM, they will have to maximize their skills to get jobs.

David an ALX graduate of last year who git into Amazon merely made use of his skills and experience to stand out. At the end of the day, the decision is yours to make, if you can't cope in ALX, switch to microverse.

1 Like

Re: For Alx Graduates by Anonymous6o6: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:

They won't link you to a job, they will help you with opportunities in getting one. Their situation is similar to alx but the difference is that they probably have more graduates than ALX.

1 Like

Re: For Alx Graduates by Anonymous6o6: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2022
TheTraveler:

You mean they owe you a job even after training you for free? Like provide job for every student?

I'm more surprised that you actually replied him, not surprised at all. I rather not say any offensive word so I ignore him.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Techstar: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

With the opportunities being provided by ALX, I'm surprised your complain would be job. I understood from your point of view but do you think if you attain all the skills provided by ALX and eventually joins the ROOM, that jobs would be an issue? Did you attend the recent graduation? Only 320 people graduated out of thousands, if they are eventually added to the ROOM, they will have to maximize their skills to get jobs.

David an ALX graduate of last year who git into Amazon merely made use of his skills and experience to stand out. At the end of the day, the decision is yours to make, if you can't cope in ALX, switch to microverse.
hmm, you are right, thanks for boosting my confidence once again.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Techstar: 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2022
TheTraveler:

You wants them to teach you HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Ruby and their frameworks in 3 months?
I have learnt frontend up to react redux level, I wish they had an option for those who are not new to programming.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Lorayne(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
Hello,
I don't think they have graduated up to 5k software engineers.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Techstar: 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2022
Lorayne:

I don't think they have graduated up to 5k software engineers.
OK wow,
Re: For Alx Graduates by Lorayne(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
OK wow,
they have other programs too, you know.
And those other programs are easier than software engineering. I believe they should make about 70% of the 10k graduates.
Re: For Alx Graduates by LikeAking: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2022
TheTraveler:

I believe you will ask a similar question I asked, if the Nig govt was organizing a similar program?

U are too quick to judge and conclude.

I only asked a harmless question.

Why will they train all these youths if the job future is not secured? May b u are new to tech....

Pls work on ur logic, jumping into conclusion is a sign of immaturity.

Besides training that number must correlate with jobs available... You can ask google or d nearest economics grad around you.
Re: For Alx Graduates by TheTraveler: 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

I'm more surprised that you actually replied him, not surprised at all. I rather not say any offensive word so I ignore him.
Always SMH anytime I come across his meaningless comments. Hope you've teamed up?
Re: For Alx Graduates by TheTraveler: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2022
Techstar:
I have learnt frontend up to react redux level, I wish they had an option for those who are not new to programming.
Okay, just stick to what suits you best bro.
Re: For Alx Graduates by Saverin: 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2022
Techstar:
Hello,

Microverse is the best. Curriculum is tailored towards being job ready and they will surely assist with job search since they want to make money from you. Looking at salary for ruby developer, $15,000 can be be paid of in one year

1 Like

Re: For Alx Graduates by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 31, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Thank you too for not taking offense.
please do I have to sit in front of system for the whole session in microverse? Please

(1) (Reply)

Your Favorite Java IDE? / Mtn Api For Selling Mobile Applications That Is Of Nigerian Origin / Pls,help Me Unlock Crack Or Remove This Password Protected File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.