Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Read Pls. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Read Pls. (871 Views)

(must Read).pls Urgent Advice.....matured Minds / Hotel In Ikeja Close To The Airport. Read Pls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Pls. by Tiana155(f): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hello everyone, i need your candid advise here i have been dating my boyfriend for six years now, he want to travell to canada to study. And will spend more than seven years over there because he's going to be doin he's b.sc, masters and phd. He told me he wants to marry me before going. Am so terrified do you think its okay?
Re: Read Pls. by iyatrustee(f): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2011
whats terrifying you? i also wont allow a man tie me down especially when he is going for so long. but if you love him, then you should agree to his plans but you have to make arrangements to join him soon.
Re: Read Pls. by Mynd44: 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2011
I would'nt tell you to tie yourself down cos 7 years is a long time. An engagement maybe but marriage is a no no
Re: Read Pls. by Badesh(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2011
@ Poster, you must be in wonderland to agree to such a farcade called marriage before going for studies. What you both doing in the last six years dating?. Both of your surely must have been teenagers banging each others brains out in the name of love. I mean what will you be doing while he is gone with one silly piece of metals round your finger called wedding ring while he is busy cooling off with canadian damsels in university over there?. Mscheeeeeewwwwww!!!!, hear yourself talking jagons!!!!. You too should better go in search of a better university experience here in Naija, screw some other guys and you probably feel better for it.

Shiooooooooooooo, bloody time waster.
Re: Read Pls. by iyatrustee(f): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^^ bros you dey vex oh! grin grin grin
Re: Read Pls. by Goldieluks: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
Mynd_44:

I would'nt tell you to tie yourself down cos 7 years is a long time. An engagement maybe but marriage is a no no

true,engagement is better.
You talk sense a lot, (except for the nyashing part)
Re: Read Pls. by claremont(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
Coc-k n Bull stories!
Re: Read Pls. by SIlknSteel(f): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2011
@Poster n All: D language of Love cannot be understood by one who has never bin in love before. Six years is not six weeks peeps so pls cut d lady some slack n enuf wt d ban.ging blah blah aiit? I sincerely wld advise dat U mk urgent arrangements to join him cos seven years is a helluva tym esp considering d fact dat U aint getting younger. Go ahead wt d marriage if u love dat much,if nt,dnt sweat it. Time wl heal U n if U giv Ur hrt d chance,u wl find smone else.
Re: Read Pls. by Rhino5dm: 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2011
Something is not adding up somewhere. . .or am i missing something.

You are dating someone for six years and he is about to go for his B,sc(asumming all thing being normal, he sholudn't be more 19 years)? So how old was he when you started dating him and how are old you THEN?  hope say you no be child molester or "AUNTY maggi"? . . .Damn!
Re: Read Pls. by Mynd44: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
Goldieluks:

true,engagement is better.
You talk sense a lot, (except for the nyashing part)

I advised engagement cos when she nyashes another guy, she would not feel too guilty.
LOL.
Re: Read Pls. by amblors(m): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2011
7 years?
thats a very very very very very very very  longtime.
you could become unfaithful, he could too.
the spark could dissappear and you'll be strangers bound by 2rings when you next meet.
plenty more things can happen in seven years.

If you guys have made plans for you to join him in max 2years,
then it sound conceivable.
If the plan is for you to meet again after the seven years then you may have to UNlove and love another.
Re: Read Pls. by iice(f): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2011
Why can't he get you over there once he has settled down there? I mean if you guys get married, that should be the plan na.
Re: Read Pls. by obowunmi(m): 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2011
@ OP can you go with him ? --- sorry to say, when he goes and meets a better girl --- u're out of the picture.
Re: Read Pls. by Amylov: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2011
Hello, people have said it all, seven year is not seven day my dear. And remember your a lady and time is not by your side anymore. Think about it girl.
Re: Read Pls. by slimyem: 7:22am On Aug 03, 2011
OP, one question you need to answer
are you planning to join him there soonest?if yes,go ahead.if no,pls dont go funny.seven years one hell of a long tym to mess with emotions lyk that and be tied down with a ring with the excuse of engagement when obviously,your life is just starting.
Re: Read Pls. by Mynd44: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2011
An engagement is easier to walk away from that a marriage, so if the guy wants to commit himself before leave do that it i easier on everyone
Re: Read Pls. by nawfia(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2011
@ op
dating someone for 6years? thats way too long, the sparks would have died long ago.forget the guy and move on.
Re: Read Pls. by SteLette(f): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
I wont advice marriage jus because he's going away. Not even an engagement, but this is preferable. If he really loves you and is serious, over time he will facilitate your moving over with him in Canada and then you guys see what happns from there.
Re: Read Pls. by kpolli(m): 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2011
If he marries u, after 5 yrs him for don collect [size=38pt]GREEN CARD[/size] (thats if him no marry oyinbo). . . . Then u can go n join him

or i think he can apply when he gets his visa sef. . . . not sure about this

But wait ooo, am assuming he is 17yrs old just doing his B.Sc., so did u guys start at 10??

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell He/she Is D One / Naija Babes / Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.