Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono (54421 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / Son Surprises Okra-Seller Mom With Birthday Serenade At Lagos Market (Video) / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by whitemand4(m): 7:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

What will he do? grin

Oh, he will ban me for telling you the truth?

Madam, read my lips, GO AND LEARN HOW TO COOK. grin embarassed

Stop posting poison for us in the name of cooking. See how watery the okra is. Don't you know your Okra isn't supposed to be very done? I don't even know if it's water you cooked or palm oil.

You aren't qualified to post meals here. Omo, just come lemme give you basic lessons. Even my 13-year-old at home will school you to intermediate level, then I can take the rest to expert level. Abeg, get out. undecided

Ordinary lafun, you cannot turn.

Funniest thing is, majority of you who are too quick to tell us how your 2-year-old is already "captain cook" at home might not even know where to start the cooking of combination of Okra and ogbono together grin continue badmouthing others

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by patjane(f): 7:20pm On Aug 08, 2022
Lovely meal Dear.. most guys here are truly Jobless!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by NGArmyTerrorist: 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
How person go go market, buy food stuffs, use gas, cook finish and come still get mind, use data post am here; some people wey no no dey near kitchen, wey dey chop mama thank you; will be throwing trolls and talking shamelessly to themselves! No wonder the Zoo called Nigeria had refused to move! Una witchcrafting is too dangerous... Cook your food and post, let's see the face..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by moshino(m): 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
Malory:
I wonder o. If she continues like this then we can all conclude she don't deserve a bride price if at all any man wants to marry her out of pity.

For ordinary soup, you people are bringing violence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Josbreed: 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
This is not okra soup jare, yhis is meat soup with a touch of okra.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by vikstandon(m): 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

That was a way of saying you have something to keep a man tight with you... But you misunderstood that.

Take it easy girl!
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

I detest stock fish! Not everyone likes it. By the way, your soup recipe is on point!!

Thank uuu...
patjane:
Lovely meal Dear.. most guys here are truly Jobless!!

Thanks my love. smiley
NGArmyTerrorist:
How person go go market, buy food stuffs, use gas, cook finish and come still get mind, use data post am here; some people wey no no dey near kitchen, wey dey chop mama thank you; will be throwing trolls and talking shamelessly to themselves! No wonder the Zoo called Nigeria had refused to move! Una witchcrafting is too dangerous... Cook your food and post, let's see the face..

The thing dey surprise me o. Like say I fight them.
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by meveboq(m): 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
[quote author=Zonefree post=115345787][/quote]
� � you are 100% correct. Let him/her employ an Efik woman for thorough coaching.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by mandikwilliams: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
Food for the gods and this senior comrade have just finished eaten this concoction.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by smith2019: 7:32pm On Aug 08, 2022
1700 I don't believe you, how much meat you buy not all soup required stock fish
Channah1:
Okra
Meat
Pomo
Ogbono
Bitter leaf
Uziza seeds
Uziza leaves
Fresh pepper
Opei
Crayfish
Oil
Ground Pepper

I pounded the uziza seed and added to the meat and pomo. I then added seasoning cubes with little water to simmer before addingmore water to cook it.

I then dissolved the opei with hot meat water and added to the boiling meat.
Dissolved the ogbono with oil and added the boiling meat stock. Let it done. Added bitter leaf at this stage.

I let the bitter leaf for a few secs and added the grated/, chopped okra, stired before finally adding the uziza leaves and brought it down immediately.

Last pics.
I turned my lafun lesekese and dished as e dey hot cheesy.

Lafun and bitter leaf okra soup ready and served.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Kpatakpata: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
Water too much
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by zakkxx: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
This same soup If I am to cook it
Orkra-4 Euro
Meat- 8Euro
Pomo-3 Euro
Ogbonu-5 Euro
Bitter leaf- 2.5 euro
Uzazi seat- 2 Euro
Fresh pepper-3euro
Opei -2.5 Euro
Crayfish- 2.5 Euro
Palm oil-3 Euro
Ground pepper-2 Euro
Na enjoyment u de na Euro is over 6 hundred Naira! Calculate and see for your self!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
vikstandon:

That was a way of saying you have something to keep a man tight with you... But you misunderstood that.

Take it easy girl!

Wait o. Is bondage a good thing? Cos that was how me I perceived that made me reactand he didn't come back to say otherwise.

Iv removed the comment.

Thanks all.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by graciamore(f): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
This kind of post should not be approved at this difficult time...I feel so depressed seeing this.. honestly I have been thinking..do people still eat this kind of food in this country again.? is welll

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by dnawah(m): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:
Okra
Meat
Pomo
Ogbono
Bitter leaf
Uziza seeds
Uziza leaves
Fresh pepper
Opei
Crayfish
Oil
Ground Pepper

I pounded the uziza seed and added to the meat and pomo. I then added seasoning cubes with little water to simmer before addingmore water to cook it.

Dissolved the ogbono with oil and added the boiling meat stock. Let it done. Added bitter leaf at this stage.

I let the bitter leaf for a few secs and added the grated/, chopped okra, stired before finally adding the uziza leaves and brought it down immediately.

Last pics.

Alder!declare your position Roger is coming over!
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2022
zakkxx:
This same soup If I am to cook it
Orkra-4 Euro. 200
Meat- 8Euro 500
Pomo-3 Euro. 400
Ogbonu-5 Euro. 50 naira
Bitter leaf- 2.5 euro 50 naira
Uzazi seat- 2 Euro. 50 naira
Fresh pepper-3euro. 50 naira
Opei -2.5 Euro. 100 naira
Crayfish- 2.5 Euro. 100 naira
Palm oil-3 Euro. 100
Ground pepper-2 Euro. 50 naira
Na enjoyment u de na Euro is over 6 hundred Naira! Calculate and see for your self!

Really? Wow.. we still dey enjoy small here o.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

The pictures may be amateurish, but not "crappy".

If we wait until when we have it all, we may never start.
Believe it or not, I've learnt a lot through her posts.

Do you know that her posts generate more views and engagements on the food section more than any other?
You know why? She has the most audience because her posts are mostly simple and more relatable to an average Nigerian. And they're majority.

I'm working on writing a recipe book, and her posts have inspired me on what audience to target. To write for.

I'd say she doesn't need to change much on her style, but with time, she'd get better (in her own time and way).

The question is, what kind of engagement does it generate? The engagement would have been better for someone simply trying to "drive traffic" and make an income solely from internet/blog traffic. Nairaland only gains here.

Then ask yourself, what sort of engagement do you need in food blogging, recipe books, and food vlogging? Is it controversial? If controversial; positive or negative? What questions are people asking; to know more or sarcastic? Most people involved in internet food, are involved to make money out of it, and to make money, you need offline calls.

Our Op gets engagement solely for Nairaland, the way politics section drive traffic for Nairaland because of negative engagements. She is actually not doing badly, but I don't think she can get more offline engagement that translates to real action.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Tosin9119: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
xaggar:

Shut up!

Just Shut up!
Birds of the same feather, flock together. Two mannerless and uncouth people. Una two fit each other. You two Should marry already.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2022
smith2019:
1700 I don't believe you, how much meat you buy not all soup required stock fish

Orkra -. 200
Meat- 500
Pomo-. 400
Ogbonu- 50 naira
Bitter leaf-. 50 naira
Uzazi seat-. . 50 naira
Fresh pepper. 50 naira
Opei - 100 naira
Crayfish- . 100 naira
Palm oil- 100
Ground pepper- 50 naira
Lafun 200

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by seunak2016: 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Draw soup is not supposed to be thick for the viscosity to really come alive.

You don't know how to cook come and learn.
you are trying but don't be surprised guyz can do better nowadays, gone are the days woman use food as a bait and leverage over guyz but thing don change. by the way,you are just AVERAGED COOK not professional chef. you can go for some 3months course then you will improve more including intercontinental dish. I will rate you 6/10

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Pimine: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Abeg.. comot for my front sad.
You have a very big problem but you don't know it yet. It's so sad and I hope you change before it's too late undecided
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Aahblinkstone: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2022
How this food take be 1700. For this Nigeria... Omo sell those lies to another person

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
WhatCanIsay:

The question is, what kind of engagement does it generate? The engagement would have been better for someone simply trying to "drive traffic" and make an income solely from internet/blog traffic. Nairaland only gains here.

Then ask yourself, what sort of engagement do you need in food blogging, recipe books, and food vlogging? Is it controversial? If controversial; positive or negative? What questions are people asking; to know more or sarcastic? Most people involved in internet food, are involved to make money out of it, and to make money, you need offline calls.

Our Op gets engagement solely for Nairaland, the way politics section drive traffic for Nairaland because of negative engagements. She is actually not doing badly, but I don't think she can get more offline engagement that translates to real action.

I can and will get even more offline engagements when I start officially by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Raychee(f): 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2022
I hate the smell of ponmo. I boil it seperately from the meat so it doesn't alter the taste.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Justiceleague1: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:
Okra
Meat
Pomo
Ogbono
Bitter leaf
Uziza seeds
Uziza leaves
Fresh pepper
Opei
Crayfish
Oil
Ground Pepper

Last pics.

Beautiful and yummy...but couldn't you have taken that ogbolo out!!!
Well it's just me,not a fan of the ogbolo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by HITsquad: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
Awwww Will you marry me cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Cleveraustine01(m): 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah don't mind them ndi Ara ndi Ara you are the best cooker send me your address make I put body

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by royalmu: 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Give me money for stock fish now.
Your mouth like stock fish.

By the way, not every recipe must have stock fish. I like the outcome of this soup. No much drama. No unecessary clashing of taste.
My dear, don’t explain too much. You did a nice job.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

I can and will get even more offline engagements when I start officially by God's grace.

I pray so, that's the goal. It might sound funny, but the reality is this, most profitable offline engagement you can get will/might come from men. When someone wants to engage, the person also thinks on his peace of mind. Not being assured of that peace of mind is enough to drive away many positive engagements.

Maybe go through some posts of your fellow chefs on this platform, try and learn one or two things on how they engage. Especially how they counter criticism and insults. You might pick one or two things from them. You can still be you with your sharp mouth; but "positify" that sharp mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Bankowner: 7:57pm On Aug 08, 2022
And why can't it be #1700? You saw her list with prices of what she bought didn't you? From the look, that soup will serve three people and it's perfectly okay. And what that tells you is that only you can eat the soup thrice. Makes sense doesn't it? Total amount is #1750 though.

If you doubt her, write the list out, go to the market and buy same. You'd be surprised.
Aahblinkstone:
How this food take be 1700. For this Nigeria... Omo sell those lies to another person

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Zonefree(m): 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2022
mariahAngel:

Uyai, leave Channah alone.
Uyai wu nwanyi eziokwu. That's one thing I love about her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype / Help! Have You Seen This Doctor? Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.