Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono (54420 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / Son Surprises Okra-Seller Mom With Birthday Serenade At Lagos Market (Video) / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by ceejay80s(m): 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2022
techWriter3:
My hate for Okro soup been no limit
But.... I saw u eating ogbono douche the other day....
Oh, now I know ogbono soup and okro soup ain't same
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by chypotenti(m): 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:
Okra
Meat
Pomo
Ogbono
Bitter leaf
Uziza seeds
Uziza leaves
Fresh pepper
Opei
Crayfish
Oil
Ground Pepper

I pounded the uziza seed and added to the meat and pomo. I then added seasoning cubes with little water to simmer before addingmore water to cook it.

I then dissolved the opei with hot meat water and added to the boiling meat.
Dissolved the ogbono with oil and added the boiling meat stock. Let it done. Added bitter leaf at this stage.

I let the bitter leaf for a few secs and added the grated/, chopped okra, stired before finally adding the uziza leaves and brought it down immediately.

Last pics.
I turned my lafun lesekese and dished as e dey hot cheesy.

Lafun and bitter leaf okra soup ready and served.
omoh! Na real better soup be this!!! I like am

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
royalmu:
My dear, don’t explain too much. You did a nice job.

Thank uuu.. God bless you.
Cleveraustine01:
Channah don't mind them ndi Ara ndi Ara you are the best cooker send me your address make I put body

Lol... Thanks bruv. grin cheesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Mattwillz: 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Your food is one of the reason why i prefer glory home maker.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by jaxxy(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2022
Yeah looks nice.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Cleveraustine01(m): 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2022
Where is your address, please come and cook the same for me am lacking good food , I live alone
Channah1:

Thank uuu.. God bless you.

Lol... Thanks bruv. grin cheesy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by joyousever(f): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
You told her exactly what I had in mind! I think she lacks sense of correction. I actually scored her a zero for the eba presentation. Even the plates weren't presentable either.
Acidosis:

Since you intentionally post crappy pictures and presentation, then try to add "Graphics" next time.

...and yeah, this is a public space. Never forget that. The time you spent typing trash is enough to learn the proper way to present ordinary eba in a public space.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by yerimastyle(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
Water don pass garri but u try e no easy
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2022
Cleveraustine01:
Where is your address, please come and cook the same for me am lacking good food , I live alone

Lol... cheesy cheesy cheesy...
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Caseywilliams(m): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2022
If i lie make i bend.... My last born of 16 years cook pass you. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Acidosis(m): 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2022
joyousever:
You told her exactly what I had in mind! I think she lacks sense of correction. I actually scored her a zero for the eba presentation. Even the plates weren't presentable either.

It's better to just look away. She blames everyone but herself.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Mom007(f): 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Not your fault. Sometimes you'll think you're dealing with adults only to discover you're dealing with " papa abeg borrow me your phone, I wan check waec results". Cons of a faceless forum.

I think I'm done with this silly session with you.
If anything I learned from this your post, a lot of Nigerians are bitter and frustrated and looking for whom to pour out their bile on. Else what warranted all these bitter and negative comments on this simple food post now? This is nothing short of verbal abuse. It is clearly stated that this is a soup that cost just 1700... She never said she cooked with 5k. Also, she cooked to her taste and just placed here so the rest of us can be entertained. Its unfortunate that alot of people here are young kids with no home training else you should know that if you don't have anything nice to say, just walka pass. Not by force to comment now...
My dear poster, pls enjoy your meal and thanks for sharing.
All the other bad belles, you know yourselves. Go and cook your own and add whatever then come back here and post. Failure to do this, go and hug transformer!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Karnice600: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

It's now I know you know nothing. Even with my low budget soups, I still cook better than you both put together. Your food can't stand the taste of my food even with your okporoko, mallam fish and all. Na salt salt the taste go end in. I can imagine.

No need arguing with you two.

No mind them. You try for that soup with 1,700. That means with 8k you can perform magic. I had a girl that made so much noise about groundnut soup. When the day come reach to cook am na so she carry earphone dey stream YouTube. YouTube groundnut soup. The sight of it was like the continents of the world separated by oceans. I tasted it and still survived till today. Many of them here are like that. Imagine somebody stressing that without okporoko Okra soup is a mess. No mind the yeye people

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2022
Mom007:

If anything I learned from this your post, a lot of Nigerians are bitter and frustrated and looking for whom to pour out their bile on. Else what warranted all these bitter and negative comments on this simple food post now? This is nothing short of verbal abuse. It is clearly stated that this is a soup that cost just 1700... She never said she cooked with 5k. Also, she cooked to her taste and just placed here so the rest of us can be entertained. Its unfortunate that alot of people here are young kids with no home training else you should know that if you don't have anything nice to say, just walka pass. Not by force to comment now...
My dear poster, pls enjoy your meal and thanks for sharing.
All the other bad belles, you know yourselves. Go and cook your own and add whatever then come back here and post. Failure to do this, go and hug transformer!

**Big hugs**
Thanks Ma'am for your encouraging words.
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by smith2019: 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2022
The last time I but 1 cup of ogbono is 700
Channah1:

Orkra -. 200
Meat- 500
Pomo-. 400
Ogbonu- 50 naira
Bitter leaf-. 50 naira
Uzazi seat-. . 50 naira
Fresh pepper. 50 naira
Opei - 100 naira
Crayfish- . 100 naira
Palm oil- 100
Ground pepper- 50 naira
Lafun 200
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by joyousever(f): 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2022
No one says she's not trying her best or her posts aren't relatable or inspiring. What Acidiocis said was exactly what I had wanted to say to her. The fact remains that her food presentation in those dishes and especially the eba, is way too appalling, therefore she needs to step up or upgrade her presentation skills and plates!
mariahAngel:

The pictures may be amateurish, but not "crappy".

If we wait until when we have it all, we may never start.
Believe it or not, I've learnt a lot through her posts.

Do you know that her posts generate more views and engagements on the food section more than any other?
You know why? She has the most audience because her posts are mostly simple and more relatable to an average Nigerian. And they're majority.

I'm working on writing a recipe book, and her posts have inspired me on what audience to target. To write for.

I'd say she doesn't need to change much on her style, but with time, she'd get better (in her own time and way).

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Cleveraustine01(m): 8:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Lol... cheesy cheesy cheesy...
Tell me na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:14pm On Aug 08, 2022
Karnice600:

No mind them. You try for that soup with 1,700. That means with 8k you can perform magic. I had a girl that made so much noise about groundnut soup. When the day come reach to cook am na so she carry earphone dey stream YouTube. YouTube groundnut soup. The sight of it was like the continents of the world separated by oceans. I tasted it and still survived till today. Many of them here are like that. Imagine somebody stressing that without okporoko Okra soup is a mess. No mind the yeye people

Lol.. roflmao cheesy grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy..

Thank you bruv.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
smith2019:
The last time I but 1 cup of ogbono is 700

They have the tied ones for 50 naira. I don't buy cups except I'm making only ogbono soup, that's when I buy in cup but then it will be too much since it only me.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2022
Malory:
Your husband is really in bondage.
ohh cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:21pm On Aug 08, 2022
ceejay80s:

But.... I saw u eating ogbono douche the other day....
Oh, now I know ogbono soup and okro soup ain't same

That one was plane ogbono, no okra in it. They are two different things.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
Mattwillz:
Your food is one of the reason why i prefer glory home maker.

Your choice. She's not a bad cook so you have no choice but to prefer her.

Please do well to go subscribe to her channel. wink
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by BananaPeel(m): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2022
Zonefree:

Mercychen is not yet married. I believe she will change her cooking pattern when she marry. How can a sane woman cook soup without stockfish?

Not everyone likes the smell of stock fish and besides all the oil has been removed from the fish to make codliver oil.

Though, the soup is low budget due to the economy but as long as stomach must full, no wahala. Naija hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Channah1(f): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2022
chypotenti:
omoh! Na real better soup be this!!! I like am

Thanks love.

1 Like

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Cleveraustine01(m): 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

I'm waiting
Lol... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by SSpeter(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah, I have never commented on a food section before, but I have this to tell you. If you know you want to make a business out of this, you are starting badly. Always put your best foot forward. Those people telling you well-done are bereft of reality and they are just happy that 1700 can prepare a pot of soup. Those kind of people will never give you a deal. They are only trying to survive. You do not need money to slice that lafun/EBA like a spring roll. You do not need to break a bank to get a ceramic plate for your soup. If you think, you will present poorly and then hit it big to present well, then you are not ready. Nobody wants a beginner to cook in their occasion hence do not present yourself as a beginner. If this is your trade, give it your all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by toxtimmy: 8:34pm On Aug 08, 2022
Una dey treat women as commodity ... Make una go turn gay and cook for una selves... By the way enjoy you food OP... Let those that want to jump off the bridge jump... No one is holding them back but I guess your delicious okro soup.

Zonefree:

Mercychen is not yet married. I believe she will change her cooking pattern when she marry. How can a sane woman cook soup without stockfish?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Clinghton: 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2022
Another banga.
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by ariesbull: 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2022
Malory:
food is trashy
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by Dearlord(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah ! Channah !!
How many times did I call you?

You and Gloryhoe need to be banned from Nairaland for instigating vawulence with our digestive organ especially in this unpalatable Buhari era. grin grin

Just look at how u are making me salivate unnecessarily at merely looking at this beautiful combos cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by passionberry(f): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Malory:

grin ;chai..see finishing
Wicked .
Re: Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono by kosiebe(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2022
Channah1:

Cook your own and post.

Please if you'll excuse me, I got other important things to attend to.

You can continue wailing.
This is the simple question you supposed asked them since.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype / Help! Have You Seen This Doctor? Pictured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.