Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC (19339 Views)

Afegbua To Daniel Bwala: I Am Not One Of Those Atiku Can Threaten / Tambuwal Addressing His Supporters While Dumping APC For PDP / Saraki Opens Up On Dumping APC, Says "Don’t Push Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Racoon(m): 8:39am On Aug 05, 2022
I rejected Tinubu’s appointment offer before dumping APC – Atiku’s campaign spokesperson, Bwala

Mr Bwala was appointed a spokesperson for the PDP presidential campaigns barely a week after he dumped the APC.
A new spokesperson for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential campaigns for the 2023 election, Daniel Bwala, said Thursday that he rejected Ahmed Tinubu’s appointment offer before leaving the All Progressives Congress (APC) last week.

Mr Bwala, with Dino Melaye, was on Thursday appointed as spokespersons for the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in the lead-up to the 2023 elections. His appointment came barely a week after his defection from the APC to the PDP.

Speaking on Channels Television hours after his appointment was announced on Thursday, Mr Bwala dismissed the claim that he left the APC to get an appointment from Atiku. Contrary to the claim, Mr Bwala said the APC presidential candidate, Mr Tinubu, had already given him an assurance to appoint him his spokesperson before dumping the APC.

“Somebody said that ‘he left because he wanted an appointment with Atiku’. What they don’t know is that I left an appointment already guaranteed for me by the flagbearer of APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as his presidential spokesman. These were his promises to meet directly, personally in his car,” he said.

He said Mr Tinubu’s was that significant “that even governors could not extract such commitment from him. I came from a comfort position or the sort of comfort by taking that decision,” Mr Bwala said, adding that he has prominent persons within the party to confirm his claim.

He said he risked losing a lot in terms of economic gain by leaving the APC but his decision was informed by the deed to satisfy his conscience and principles.

Reasons for leaving APC
In what was his reasons for leaving the APC, Mr Bwala said the APC government has run the country badly since coming to power about seven years ago.

He said President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has done too much damage to the country to allow any successor from his party in the 2023 general elections.

“The whole world is looking at Nigeria. This is going to be the eighth year of APC. No excuses, no longer the doctrine or rhetorics of when we came we met this, we inherited that.

“Even if you join the university as a part one student, you will know that after eight years you are expected to be a medical doctor. If you join the department as a law student, within eight years, you’re fully qualified to practice as a lawyer.

“Eight years is enough for any administration, even if you are starting from scratch to be able to bring the full achievement of what you intend to do. Unfortunately, after getting to eight years now, the question Nigerians will ask themselves now is ‘has APC taken us further or backwards?’,” Mr Bwala noted.

Before his defection to the PDP last week Friday, the former APC chieftain was among notable vocal critics of the PDP.

He also described the APC’s Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket as a display of hypocrisy which will not sell in the 2023 poll.

Mr Bwala argued that if the party’s decision was truly informed by its quest for competence, the Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, should have been nominated as the VP given his contributions to the party in the previous elections.

“Isn’t it intriguing that two days ago, three days ago, you saw one of them, the national chairman of APC, in a church, shouting ‘praise to the Lord!’, ‘Hallelujah!’?

“If they think the Christians wouldn’t matter, why are they all over the churches? They packaged bishops and it backfired. Now they have become bishops themselves and they go to churches to win the votes of the people.

“They were trying to disenfranchise 80 million Nigerians and they said that it is not religious politics. It is not identity politics. It is people who are overthinking and I did a video a clip sometimes back on the audacity of hypocrisy and hypocrisy of competence. When they floated this idea of competence and they said that was the basis,” Mr Bwala said.

He vouched for the personality of Mr Atiku across ethnoreligious barriers and projected victory for the PDP in the coming elections.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/547007-i-rejected-tinubus-appointment-offer-before-dumping-apc-atikus-campaign-spokesperson-bwala.html

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Zonefree(m): 8:40am On Aug 05, 2022
Tinubu urchins will soon call him IPOB

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by SmellyNyash: 8:41am On Aug 05, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Racoon(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2022
In what was his reasons for leaving the APC, Mr Bwala said the APC government has run the country badly since coming to power about seven years ago.

He said President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration has done too much damage to the country to allow any successor from his party in the 2023 general elections.
cc: Afamed, Helinues, Seunmsg, , NgeneUkwenu

30 Likes

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by silvoclaira: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2022
cool

A lot of aggrieved members of apc will port to pdp.

With the deep ties between Atiku and Tiunbu Lagos state is negotiable. Remember Atiku stands for what every Nigerians want which is RESTRUCTURING, JOBS, SECURITY.
Does buhari even know what that means

Atiku will win Tinubu hands down even with any massive rigging by apcheats

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by SmellyNyash: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2022
grin No reasonable or sane person would want to associate him or herself with a known criminal tuen

20 Likes

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Racoon(m): 8:42am On Aug 05, 2022
Meanwhile, this is the same clueless and incompetent govt Daniel Bwala defended with gusto for the past 7 years. So what has suddenly changed?

Why still crossing over to the same PDP that you have ravenously condemned as the problem of the country even when the cluelessness of the APC is glaring from inception? This man is just another FFK. Politicians have no shame, principles or convicted ideologic political convictions.

27 Likes

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by NyamiriFlathead: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2022
BAT is coming
BAT is unstoppable
Emilokan 1 is our next president insha allah

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by SmellyNyash: 8:43am On Aug 05, 2022
grin No reasonable or sane person would want to associate him or herself with a known criminal tueh
The one's supporting him are either senseless or stupid or both grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Zonefree(m): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2022
NyamiriFlathead:
BAT is coming
BAT is unstoppable
Emilokan 1 is our next president insha allah
Next president of Agbado and cassava Union SW zone.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 05, 2022
You have done noble!

1 Like

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Racoon(m): 8:54am On Aug 05, 2022
“Isn’t it intriguing that the national chairman of APC, was seen in a church, shouting ‘praise to the Lord!’, ‘Hallelujah!’?

“If they think the Christians wouldn’t matter, why are they all over the churches? They packaged bishops and it backfired. Now they have become bishops themselves and they go to churches to win the votes of the people.
Chai! Eweeeh! It is just a pity what desperation can do to the bent-stick walking dead bullion vans druggie criminal and his gang of terrorists wanting to foist another disaster upon this nation.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Lanretoye(m): 8:59am On Aug 05, 2022
Like your colleagues that were offered 50m and they rejected,nonsense...I trust incoming presido,he won't join issues,na to just concentrate.even the people handling his social media accounts are very diligent, thats where u know someone that subscribe to competence.they will never join issues or debunk rumors with anyone on social media,other crappy handlers will see this as a point for their masters.instead of consentrating on their principal,actions or inactions of threats or oppositions is their selling point.

4 Likes

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by diadem10: 9:03am On Aug 05, 2022
Lmao. As if your criminal self matter.

You are crying about Muslim Muslim ticket but went ahead to support another Muslim. Especially a chronic looting Atiku who stole Nigerian's commonwealth to a standstill through the privatisation he supervised. The hypocrisy. Just say your belly was filled. Thief.

Christians are not suffering under Tinubu in Lagos. The big churches are there for example and they're not Islamised. He didn't islamise Lagos or his wife. Sink that into your skull.

Tinubu is the most liberal of them all.

Compared to Atiku or Peter Obi.

Heck, bigoted Peter Obi was sacking non Anambran workers which were actually his fellow Igbo brethren. Or when he said AC was a Yoruba party which shouldn't be voted in the southeast when Ngige was contesting under it. Heck, southeast bigoted region wanted to kill Kumuyi if he came to the southeast.

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by John389(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2022
You did the right thing

1 Like

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Jennyclay(f): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2022
Peter Obi for president 2023

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by newnigerdelta1: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2022
Racoon:
I rejected Tinubu’s appointment offer before dumping APC – Atiku’s campaign spokesperson, Bwala

Mr Bwala was appointed a spokesperson for the PDP presidential campaigns barely a week after he dumped the APC.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/547007-i-rejected-tinubus-appointment-offer-before-dumping-apc-atikus-campaign-spokesperson-bwala.html

We nor need you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by onomeabuja: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
Racoon:

APC na CANCER undecided
Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by 4thactive: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
Pounds @ N755
Dollar @ N710
Petrol @ N180
Kerosene @ N850
Diesel @ N900
Interest Rate @ 14%
Inflation Rate @ 18.6
ASUU Strike - 156 Days

IF THIS DOESN'T GET YOU INTO A SERIOUS RETROSPECT, THEN NOTHING WILL.

7 Likes

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by skywalker240(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
grin hi
Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Throwback: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
You only rejected an assurance in APC for a certain appointment in PDP.

You are smart.

You have learnt valid lessons from Chioma's failed assurance. Davido is still an all comers affair.
Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by tuoyoojo(m): 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
I have said it before PDP and APC are different sides of the same coin

Most of these politicians would sacrifice their conscience to the highest bidder

Its all about the money

1 Like

Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by Antoeni(m): 9:13am On Aug 05, 2022
Tinubu is Gone,
They Have Left Him Behind
Re: Daniel Bwala: I Rejected Tinubu’s Appointment Offer Before Dumping APC by tesppidd: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2022
Daniel Bwalya has got some nerve sha.

He claims to be a Christian crusader and so left APC because of Muslim-Muslim ticket.

Then went to support a Muslim-Christian ticket after 8 years of Muslim Buhari, meaning that a self acclaimed Christian crusader would tolerate and embrace 16 straight years of Islamic rule!!!

Bwalya should just play his politics and leave Christianity out of it.

93 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enough Of IGP, Police Commission Power Tussle / Why The Kano Tribunal Verdict Can’t Stand - Farooq Kperogi / ENUGU KILLINGS; Charity Begins At Home Not Only In Chibok. Reno Omokri. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.